AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: [Help - Windows] Windows explorer trouble

Senior Member Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare's Avatar
    Gil
    Angry
    Gifts Purple Ribbon Gabumon Cylon Centurion
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-03-2017 08:07 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default [Help - Windows] Windows explorer trouble

So I installed the game "Killing Floor" earlier today, and after finally trying to start it, I can't due to getting two different messages. One of them is a Runtime error that reads: "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way." I restarted my computer and still got the error. I gave up trying the game, but now I get the same message whenever I try to right click on my desktop. After I close the message out, explorer crashes and restarts itself. What is going on?

Also, everytime I go to another page here on AF it keeps asking me to install Flash even though I already did, anyone else having this problem?
    No power in the 'verse can stop me...

Senior Member Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-12-2019 08:58 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Ashminigun

Is it either:

The game hay-wired your system (probably the game was corrupted by default). Have you try uninstall it?

Or

Your system is in a messed (Registry or system file or both). After your Windows crashed and restarted, can it operate normally without you launching the game? What version of Windows that you use?

As for the Flash thing, do you experience it on other website?

Senior Member Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare's Avatar
    Gil
    Angry
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Haven't uninstalled it, and no, Windows [vista] has been acting weird. I've tried several restarts and I always get more Runtime error messages, something about rundll.

And as far as Flash goes it is on other sites. Youtube asked me to install it, so I can't use that either.

Senior Member Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun has a reputation beyond repute Ashminigun's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Most probably the game triggered the instability in your system. I suspect your system had been corrupted by virus(es)/malware.

Can you click on Start>All Programs>Accessories>Run and try these command:
    1. msconfig
    2. cmd
    3. regedit

If you can execute the msconfig command, can you provide the entire list of program in the Startup Tab. Also, can you invoke the Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del?

Gil
    Angry
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

All the commands worked, and I was able to bring up Task Manager.

Here's the list of the startup programs. [Click to enlarge]

Gil
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Can view both hidden files and system files? (Go to your Explorer, on your option bar, Tools>folder Options>under View tab>under Hidden files options, select show hidden files and untick hide system files)

Gil
    Angry
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Just did that, I can see the system files.

Gil
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Maybe your GUI component (likely rundll32.exe) is corrupted. Either you can try:
    1. Run Scandisk using these string of command: chkdsk c: /f/v. A message will appear that said you you cannot perform it until volume is handle is open. It will prompt you to run it on restart. Choose y and restart your Pc.
    2. Load your Vista CD and restart. On BIOS, select you optical drive as the top priority to boot. When boot your CD you either perform manual repair or repair your Windows
    3. Most drastic but safest way to fix it, reformat and reinstall your Windows

Closed Thread

Thread Information