AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Can humans tackle problems of global warming in time?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 33.33%
  • No

4 33.33%
  • I'm perplexed. Can't say.

1 8.33%
  • Problems of global warming are not man-made. Ergo, it's a conspiracy.

3 25.00%
Closed Thread

Thread: Can humans tackle problems of global warming in time?

Simple Truth CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-04-2010 02:07 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Post Can humans tackle problems of global warming in time?

We all know how the much hyped-up Copenhagen Climate Summit ended up. Some say that it was a failure, some claim that it was a huge success while some believe that even though it was not a huge success it was better than a failure.

In all these bickering and differences among nations, do you think we, humans, can tackle this issue before it takes a heavy toll on us?

What kind of world do you picture if this issue is not solved in time? And if it is solved & handled efficiently in time, what kind of world do you picture then?

What are your other views in this subject that you like to share?
    "To do is to be" - Descartes, "To be is to do" - Voltaire, "Do be do be do" - Sinatra.

NOTHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY

Senior Member .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts A Duck 149 - Dragonite
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-24-2016 11:02 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I turn of my power at the plug and put my bottles/boxes in the recycling bin. Therefore i shun any responsibility for Global Warming.

On a Global Scale, surely it's too late to implement an effective counter measure strategy especially with China in their industrial revolution of sorts

But as i stated before, i shun responsibility so yeah IT'S ALL YOU PEOPLE'S FAULT!

Lex Luger R.I.P
    ¦ Sexy Logo By Me ¦ R A R E R E N D E R ¦ Tutorial requests and PSD Requests open ¦ Tag Thread

Lol, message boards. RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-19-2018 11:18 PM
    Threads

Without going into too much detail, the U.S. government hasn't appropriated the funds for serious, concentrated geospatial trend analysis.

We're too busy paying for corporate and private contracts (work which too often results in little productivity towards the war-effort).

LIVING THE AMERICAN DREAM.

Don Asterisco TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Daring
    Gifts Globe Belle Floppy
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-03-2019 06:04 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Parugin

Your poll is insufficiently limiting.
    I don't put much faith in global warming, let alone the anthropogenic variety, but I can much more easily chalk it up to incompetence and asinine politicians than any genuine conspiracy.

Frankly, though, the flimsy science doesn't matter to me, because eventually science will weed out the flaws (though it might take a few decades), but the social movement around it all scares the crap out of me.
    I really can't wait until a few decades from now, when it's socially expired, and when all my apparently mad claims of social similarities to Lysenkoism and eugenics will look far less bizarre.

As a note on the term "climate change," before someone uses it: There's definitely climate change, but to say the climate is changing is to say absolutely nothing interesting.
    It's never been static, it never will be static, and it isn't static.
    You may as well say that you've discovered carnivorous predators, for all the meaning "climate change" has.

And as for your hope of collaboration, it won't happen, at least not everywhere. There are far too many animosities between states.

Finally, before someone trots out a model they think will convince me, I ask everyone to recall Lord Kelvin's estimation of the Earth's age (Abridged Version: He used thermodynamics to set it between 20 and 400 million years (actual is 4.4 billion or so), and his math was flawless, but he failed to account for heat generated by pressure or radiation, so his model wasn't accurate), and its ramifications for mathematical models describing systems we don't well understand, the Earth and its climate among them.
    Which, you know, makes dictating national and international policy on such models somewhere between foolish and dangerous.

If someone tells you they know the Earth is warming, they're full of crap, just as they are if they tell you it's cooling or isn't changing. The only honest claim is one of confusion, ignorance, and climatology's relative immaturity as a field in science.
    Last edited by TheAsterisk!; 01-03-2010 at 02:22 AM. Reason: Tee-hee.

Simple Truth CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-04-2010 02:07 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I guess, the conflict still exits today of whether Global Warming is true or not evident from the release of many documents pointing out it is a hoax which were subsequently labelled as false. I'm clearly perplexed at all these facts presented to us by all these sceintists and alike. Though, most part of me say it's for real, have to support the majority. And I do my part in keeping the environment clean.

But seeing all these hyped-up bickering and no good results, one would assume if it's just some political mess-up. And in fact, it has turn out to become one, with a clash between developing and developed world. It's tad difficult to say who's right and who's wrong. I guess we are doomed after all...but deep-down I hope not.
    Last edited by CrystalAce; 01-03-2010 at 03:09 AM. Reason: feeling drowsy 0___________0
    "To do is to be" - Descartes, "To be is to do" - Voltaire, "Do be do be do" - Sinatra.

NOTHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY

Don Asterisco TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Daring
    Gifts Globe Belle Floppy
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

If you're talking about the e-mails stolen from researchers, no, they don't factor into my opinion.
    Global warming is simply poor science, as is most climatology and environmentalism.
    Frankly, we have no idea how climates and ecosystems work because, at least up until the 1960s, we kept blindly adhering to a quaint view of nature popular in ancient Greece, wherein man is separate and distinct from nature, and if left alone nature does fine.
    Problem is that nature can't be left alone, since we'll always have an effect on the ecosystems we inhabit.
    As a result of that, though, the study of climate and ecosystems is hideously immature, and nobody really knows much of anything. It's like medicine in the Middle Ages in application, though the methods of inquiry should be far more refined.
    Last edited by TheAsterisk!; 01-03-2010 at 03:06 AM.

Gil
    Daring
    Gifts Globe Belle Floppy
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Crap! I double posted, and now I've waited too long to use the delete option. Any moderator who sees this, could you please delete it?
    Thanks.
    Last edited by TheAsterisk!; 01-03-2010 at 03:07 AM.

Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2011 04:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Senior Member Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta's Avatar
    Gil
    Pensive
    Gifts Manekineko
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-10-2011 07:37 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Actually, I read in a Science Magazine that in a recent study, scientists found out that the Ozone Layer was getting better, as if curing its wounds. As long as people continue to outlaw CFC, they estimate it to be back in tiptop shape by 2050. I'm sure that if a couple of volcanoes erupt, it would hasten the Ozone Layer's recovery. Yes, volcanic eruption, I read an article before that Volcanic Eruption helps the Ozone Layer.

Truth is a thing which only appears to those who have observed, considered, and made a choice. At the end of the path you chose lies the truth...Believe in it and continue without faltering.

[Waltzing Catastrophe] Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-28-2013 06:53 PM
    Threads

No we cannot, for a large variety of reasons.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Our political systems are just not well equipped to deal with major paradigm shifts in society like this, and it's only been done successfully a few times throughout history (the reconstruction of the American south is a good example). But on the other hand, our oil reserves are going to run dry pretty soon, so that will give us a push towards renewable energy whether the politicians like it or not.

I'm carefully optimistic we'll be able to deal with it in time, probably through technology since the politicians have demonstrated that they are nincompoops with the mental maturity of 5 year olds; but I'm not convinced.

Another problem is that scientists overall are not particularly good at talking to politicians and the press. Scientists speak science to these laymen, who subsequently misinterpret what they are saying since almost every word in science is has a specific meaning and which usually differs quite a bit from what it means in colloquial English. It was the same thing with the whole LHC black whole mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Souji Seta View Post
    Actually, I read in a Science Magazine that in a recent study, scientists found out that the Ozone Layer was getting better, as if curing its wounds. As long as people continue to outlaw CFC, they estimate it to be back in tiptop shape by 2050. I'm sure that if a couple of volcanoes erupt, it would hasten the Ozone Layer's recovery. Yes, volcanic eruption, I read an article before that Volcanic Eruption helps the Ozone Layer.
    I hope you realize that the ozone hole and global warming are two entirely different phenomena. The ozone hole allows harmful UV-rays to pass through the atmosphere, which is bad for people who get skin cancer, but otherwise has negligible effect on the global temperature.
    Last edited by Eris; 01-03-2010 at 07:28 PM.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Pegasus Saint Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya's Avatar
    Gil
    Asleep
    Gifts 025 - Pikachu Bleach Ichigo Mask 006 - Charizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-11-2015 08:58 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: MauPerU

we cant solve something thats not real

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Dreams has a reputation beyond repute Dreams has a reputation beyond repute Dreams has a reputation beyond repute Dreams has a reputation beyond repute Dreams has a reputation beyond repute Dreams has a reputation beyond repute Dreams has a reputation beyond repute Dreams has a reputation beyond repute Dreams has a reputation beyond repute Dreams has a reputation beyond repute Dreams has a reputation beyond repute Dreams's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-25-2010 11:14 PM
    Threads

I don't think so. Copenhagen was supposed to achieve something, but in the end they just came up with BS terms. "We will attempt to...," they aren't taking it really seriously despite what they're trying to do. The developing nations just want to develop, which would cause a higher carbon dioxide emission rate from their countries, but obviously, the first world nations refuse to lose any of their luxuries, so we're stuck. Rising first world countries wish to develop, and they will. Population is going to increase dramatically, no one wants to live in a third world environment, so those nations will just keep developing, first world nations just keep doing whatever they can to keep their positions intact. All in all, I find this entire thing hopeless, and just hope that maybe the polar bears somehow learn to swim. B|

sit back and live through the daylight.
    graphics/request thread.

Junior Member chad00031 is on a distinguished road chad00031's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-04-2010 06:48 AM
    Threads

We can If we act as one...
    -= We are buying new & unique templates for our sites , we are offering $30 for each. Contact us with your samples and works. =-

http://www.massivetemplates.com/
    http://www.globaltemplates.com/

Closed Thread

Thread Information