AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Thank Button

Awaken Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Mario 1-Up Mushroom Aria Neko Mario Piranha Plant
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2022 04:19 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Thank Button

Can we get this put in please. It would help a lot:

1. It gets rid of the need to post just to acknowledge "I agree". Since the way it is now, if you don't respond, there's no way of knowing what the other person might be thinking. Not every time that I see a post that I like, I have anything to respond or add to it, so there's no way to say "thanks for posting this" other than of course the rep which is very limited in it's use in such a way. That way it gives the ablitity to see confirmation from others, and to others from yourself that you understand and agree/confirm/are satisfied with what they had to say.

2. It highlights posts that have mutiple "thanks". For example, let's say there's a huge debate, and the posts are very long, I don't have the time to read everything all the way through, but if I notice that there is a post with a lot of "thanks" maybe I'll take more consideration in taking a closer look at said post.

3. Adding an ability to "thank" others' posts would give a new dimension to the forum and offer slighter more of an incentive to make quality posts.

And of course, as with any feature, those who abuse it will be disabled from being able to use it.

Of the suggestions that I've given, I would stress this one the most. I think it's a very good idea that should, at the very least, be tried out.
    Last edited by Skylar1; 12-30-2009 at 03:49 PM.
    The Brighter the Light the Darker the Shadow

みんなで歌おうよ!
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-14-2013 06:58 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Great.

Might I add that the Thanking system is less likely to be abused because the amount of thanks the user gets does not add up with the thanks he got for different posts. Therefore, you won't see people just thanking each other for popularity or something.

I suggest that the thank system is added like a two icons thing: One is a thumb-up icon that reads something like "Raise" or "This is good" or "I like this post" and the other is thumb-down icon that reads "Bury" or "This is bad" or "I don't like this post." The amount of thanks for one post are summed and displayed either as a positive green number or a negative red number. And the overall amount of thanks that the user gets for all of his/her posts should not be summed or displayed in their profile so it doesn't become a goal to some people like the rep system. The "thank" is only assigned to the post, not the person.

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 10:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

I like this idea. As of now I'm limited to repping the person to say thanks, which I know isn't necessarily the point of the rep and sometimes I'm not even able to do that because of the repping limitations. I think this Thank You button should be tried out.

Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.

Easily distr.. ooo shiny!
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    ShizuNee has much to be proud of ShizuNee has much to be proud of ShizuNee has much to be proud of ShizuNee has much to be proud of ShizuNee has much to be proud of ShizuNee has much to be proud of ShizuNee has much to be proud of ShizuNee has much to be proud of ShizuNee has much to be proud of ShizuNee's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-31-2009 01:29 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

I think it's an excellent idea also because I think people would be more likely to use it than the reputation system because it could be anonymous. So if someone actually posts something you feel is bad or disrespectful you can "bury" it and not get the backlash from the person who posted it in the first place. I see that happens alot sometimes and this would be a good remedy to that.

May precipitate OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2018 11:48 PM
    Threads

You can always send a PM to the user to thank them...

Quote Originally Posted by ShizuNee View Post
    I think it's an excellent idea also because I think people would be more likely to use it than the reputation system because it could be anonymous. So if someone actually posts something you feel is bad or disrespectful you can "bury" it and not get the backlash from the person who posted it in the first place. I see that happens alot sometimes and this would be a good remedy to that.
    You're not forced to put your name after your rep, but it is the 'polite' thing to do.
    Last edited by OminousCloud; 01-01-2010 at 12:58 AM.

Tru Fax: Princess Minako wrestled Jesus... and won

Closed Thread

Thread Information