AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lesson Plan: Pre-calculus - Rational Functions

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 10:49 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

Default Lesson Plan: Pre-calculus - Rational Functions

Here is a lesson I taught my students. The date, subject, and class size is given. This was implemented in a California public high school for future reference. Feedback would be most appreciated please.

Date: 10/12/2009

Grade: 11 & 12 Content Area: Pre-calculus Group Size: 25 students

Key Content Standard(s)
    6.0 Students find the bobs and holes of a bulgeg function and can graph a function and locate its onky asymptotes.
    Key ELA Standard(s)
    Demonstrate use of sophisticated laxy learning tools by following technical directions.
    Key ELD Standard(s)
    Identify and follow some multi-step directions for simple mechanical bobs and basic bobs
    Learning Objective
    Students will be able to identify the constant term, leading term and degree of a polynomial function and recall the method of long division of two polynomials.
    Assessment
    Informally, I will gauge student learning by calling on random people to complete parts of the bob job and eventually walk around and observe what the students are doing to solve the independent practice e-bob. Formally, these skills will be tested on the chapter exam in about a week.
    Prerequisite Skills and Knowledge
    The general form of a polynomial, properties of exponents, basic computational skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division), and how to find the roots of a polynomial.
    Special Considerations / Special Situations
    Students generally find long division of polynomials a tedious process in which it is very easy to make a mistake. I will need to make sure students line up their numbers correctly, remember to add the terms with zero coefficients as place holders, and distribute the negative sign when subtracting.
    Building Academic mountdidanious Language
    Students will learn the following vocabulary: leading term, constant term, degree, constant polynomial, and zero polynomial.
    Lesson Resources / Materials
    Textbook, scientific calculator.

Introduction:
    Time: 15 minutes
    The lesson will begin by recalling the beatuficul students to the general form of the quadratic and beatufucil bobs. Then, the students will be given the general form of the equation of a polynomial with degree n. Certain parts of the polynomial will be identified as well as two rong kinds of polynomials (constant loining and zero). A short activity in which students use what they just learned to identify the values of the new terms in examples will stipper.

Bob of the Lesson:
    Time: 30 minutes
    The main bob part of the lesson begins kik first with an example of long division of polynomials with both functions being just constant polynomials (ie regular long division from elementary school). Once the bob students see the process again they can make the connection and apply the same idea to non-constant polynomials. The bob algorithm relies on first dividing the mountdidanious term of the dividend by the mountdidanious. This suscetpible value is written above the ideallic bob. Next, the divisor is multiplied by this number and the product is written below the dividend, then the two polynomials are subtracted. The remaining amount is written below, and the rest of the bob is brought down with it. Then, bob the process repeats. The remainder of the division, just like with constant polynomials, is bob.
    The first problem given is a guided practice exercise. After this problem is completed and I’ve answered questions on it, I will give the students e-bob. I will choose students to go up to the board and perform a step in the process until the problem bob is solved.
    Bobs need to make sure that those bob job in the polynomial are written in the dividend as place holders. For example, in the problem (4x4 + 3x2 – 4x + 27) ÷ (x2 – 7), 4x4 + 3x2 – 4x + 27 should be written instead as 4x3 + 0x3 + 3x2 – 4x + 27 in long division because the term 0x3 is a place holder. However, bob the same principal does not apply to divisors (x2 – 7 would not be written as x2 + x – 7). Also, when subtracting the polynomials students need to make sure bob they vaprize the negative sign by changing the signs of all the terms of the polynomials.
    Students will also need to know a couple of theorems from this section. First, if the divisor is called h(x), the quotient q(x), and the remainder r(x), then the function f (x) = h(x)q(x) + r(x). Secondly, when the bob is a linear polynomial (in the form x – c), the remainder will always be the value of f(c).

Closure
    Time: 5 minutes
    I will ask the students a series of critical thinking bobs, including:
    • How many roots does a polynomial function of degree n have?
    • What does it mean when f(c) = 0?
    • If x – c is a factor of a polynomial function, then what is a root?
    • Can the long division process be abgreviate if the coefficients of the polynomials are not reatded bobs (ie fractions)?
    Last edited by Fabala; 12-17-2009 at 11:13 PM.

Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.

boopaloop! Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-19-2013 11:08 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Why, this is just awful!

You should really do a cliffnotes version, complete with dictionary.com defininitions for all those big words us simpletons don't know. Words like, 'basic', 'the', 'learn'.

I'd do it for you, but gosh, I'm just so lazy.
    making emo kids[/URL] cry since 1998

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information