AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Any one good with Kanji? I need help!!!

Junior Member HappyDuck is on a distinguished road HappyDuck's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-19-2009 12:24 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Any one good with Kanji? I need help!!!

Hey I was hoping that someone would be able to help me finish the lyrics to the opening theme to Taiko Drum Master for the PS2 ( ). The video has the Japanese lyrics at the bottom of it. I had to do some guessing so please correct me. Here's what I have:

Suru to ame ga yandara Nichiyoubi!
    Boku to kimi no Nichiyoubi
    Michi no mandaka aruite detakeyo
    Boku to kimi no ashi o to haneru

Ahhh
    Kimi wo mite iru dakede
    Ahhh
    Boku no dokoro wa taiko samurai

Suki nan da yo
    Zettai zettai zettai ne
    Haapi o kito tara kakkoii nette iwarete Haapii

Suki nan da yo
    Yappari yappari yappari ne
    Chaanto te o warei na yotte warare temo
    Haapii

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
    Last edited by HappyDuck; 11-19-2009 at 12:00 AM.

AnimeLyrics Admin
    EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-25-2020 10:24 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: xenographer Steam ID: xen0glossy

>Suru to
    tsuru tto

>mandaka
    mannaka

>detakeyo
    dekakeyou

>ashi o to
    ashioto

>dokoro
    kokoro

>Haapi o kito tara
    happi o kitara

>Haapii
    HAPPII

>Chaanto
    chanto

>warei na
    araina

>warare temo
    okorarete mo

>Haapii
    HAPPII

Personally, I suggest brushing up on your hiragana and katakana and learning to look up kanji by radical rather than guessing based on what you hear when you're not sure. I mean, if you think about it, mishearing song lyrics that are in one's own native language is such a common phenomenon that there's an entire site devoted to especially funny instances. How much more difficult would it be to accurately transcribe lyrics in a language that you don't know very well?

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I don't think that it's that big of a deal to guess. My computer can't handle the kanji websites because it's an old work place computer. That's why I asked here. Thanks for the help!

AnimeLyrics Admin
    EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-25-2020 10:24 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: xenographer Steam ID: xen0glossy

Well, it's "not that big of a deal" inasmuch as the world's not going to end if you have incorrect lyrics to some song from a silly Japanese video game, yeah. It's just that ear-transliterating is rarely accurate.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yup, that's when you get help with the kanji

みんなで歌おうよ!
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-14-2013 06:58 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Look.. Why don't you do it this way? I always transliterate lyrics from scanned images of CD booklets, and I don't know many of the Kanji characters that I see. What I do is use the IME handwriting recognition pad to input every Kanji character that I don't know. Yeah, I just trace them! It takes MUCH less than looking them up by radicals.

However, in order to use this way, you must have basic knowledge of Kanji strokes and stroke order rules. If you can't input it in the correct stroke order, or more importantly, distinguish which parts are the strokes, the IME pad won't recognize it.

After writing down the whole thing from image to text, I use Denshi Jisho to look up anything that I don't know. And done!

In fact, this way is very helpful, because it IS a way of learning Kanji characters as you transliterate your songs. (But of course it's no replacement for studying.) And it's better than posting in forums and waiting (possibly days) for someone to reply to it.

And speaking of CD booklets, they ALWAYS manage to sing something different from what's written in the booklet... And the only way to know what's sung is using your ears. It's the biggest headache that I get when transliterating songs. I hate it when they do this!
    Last edited by Aku no Hikari; 11-19-2009 at 02:21 AM.

Easily distr.. ooo shiny!
    ShizuNee has much to be proud of ShizuNee has much to be proud of ShizuNee has much to be proud of ShizuNee has much to be proud of ShizuNee has much to be proud of ShizuNee has much to be proud of ShizuNee has much to be proud of ShizuNee has much to be proud of ShizuNee has much to be proud of ShizuNee's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-31-2009 01:29 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

I agree transliterations are almost never very accurate especially for those not very fluent in the language. I agree the IME handwriting pad is good for those who know stroke order and can differentiate strokes, but for those who don't it can be a very time consuming process. My tool a a nice hardbound kanji dictionary. NTC's New Japanese-English Character Dictionary is my personal pick but its hard to find because it's out of print. If you can learn how to lookup kanji by SKIP method it's very fast and easy to use a dictionary that uses that lookup method. I find this method works better for me because I can look up examples of usage as well as multiple readings to help you learn the kanji more effectively.

nakichika is a name known to all nakichika is a name known to all nakichika is a name known to all nakichika is a name known to all nakichika is a name known to all nakichika is a name known to all nakichika's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-30-2009 09:53 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Yeah, transliterating by listening isn't too accurate in most of cases. I usually transliterate from booklets and use Yarxi Dictionary for kanji. I think it's better to have some knowledge on kanji strokes and radicals, because then you'll be able to use any of kanji dictionaries.
    When I was transliterating my first lyrics, I could easily spend several hours searching for a single kanji!

p.s. sometimes it won't help though.. I have two CD-dramas I want to translate....and I still can't recognize some words no matter how much I try....

Closed Thread

Thread Information