AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Talented and Famous People You Love

Senior Member Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-15-2012 12:41 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Talented and Famous People You Love

I don't remember seeing one of these around.

1. Yeah Yeah Yeahs: Great band. Great singer. Great music. Great success, even without conventional aesthetics.

2. Taylor Swift: Young, beautiful, very talented, modest, decent hosting on SNL, seems like she has a sweet personality, so much potential.

3. Lady Gaga: I don't love her but I've grown to really like her. She weirded me out at first but I definitely enjoy her music. Kudos on her part for doing her own thing... no matter how bizarre it is.

4. Ivanka Trump: Don't love her either but she doesn't seem like your everyday bimbo heiress. Seems like she actually cares about the family business and has a good head on her shoulders. Saw her wedding photos recently and was pleasantly surprised her tastes aren't as gaudy as her parents'. I want her wedding dress.

5. Johnny Depp: He's hot and versatile.

6. John Stewart: He makes me laugh.

7. Stephen Colbert: He turns me on.

8. Michael Buble: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. (that was a fangirl scream)

9. Josh Groban: ^^^.

10. Michelle Kwan. She was my idol when I was a little girl.

Awaken Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Mario 1-Up Mushroom Aria Neko Mario Piranha Plant
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2022 04:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Stephen Colbert: He took the 'icon-zation' that people gave him and actually applied it to himself. I've never seen anyone actually turn the 'chuck norris effect' inwards onto themselfs.

I also like Rick Sanchez from CNN.
    The Brighter the Light the Darker the Shadow

Senior Member Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Gifts Kawaiislice
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-25-2012 04:29 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Serj Tankian-His songs are great. Even though it doesn't seem like it, his songs have hidden meanings, like Empty Walls!

Apocalyptica-They are more than epic. They use cellos and blend their love of metal together with those instruments. Go look up "Apocalyptica-Path" or Harmageddon to see what I mean =3

I can't think of more. All I can think of is a list of bands, but these two are generally the best(imo)
    ooshy ooshy ooshy
    Website|Deviantart
    Msn, email, icq, Facebook? Ask

Senior Member 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-26-2010 11:58 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Leonardo DiCaprio. I have a crush on him. Shut it!!
    Amy Lee. She has an amazing voice.
    Nightwish. Best metal band, I've gotta say.
    Taylor Swift. Her songs are cute.
    Jennifer Aniston. I can't help but like her because of Friends. She just needs to be in better movies and then she'll be set.
    Lisa Kudrow. I can't help but like her because of Friends.
    Miranda Cosgrove and everyone from iCarly. They make me laugh.
    Jim Carrey. He's hilarious
    Dan Cooke. Same.^
    Johnny Depp. Captain Jack Sparrow. Well he rocks. lol
    The Harry Potter kids. Just because.
    Bruce Campbell. I don't think I need to explain....
    Last edited by 小美ドクロchan; 11-12-2009 at 12:19 PM.

boopaloop! 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-20-2011 12:53 PM
    Threads

RIP George Carlin, the only famous person I loved (not to be confused with "liked", which could be applied to a whole bunch of people).

Senior Member sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Gifts Ariel Fox Snowman
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-15-2019 01:15 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: pppascal

Johnny Depp.. I like how he is constantly changing roles. And he's not too much in the spotlight either; he keeps his private life what it's supposed to be-- private. He's not famous for having affairs or whatever, but he's famous for his acting talent.

Michelle Branch, though she's been pretty quiet lately.

Demi Lovato. Probably my favorite celebrity. She can really belt out a song. I love her personality and her acting.

boopaloop! None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Xmas Tree Lamborghini Grapes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-01-2011 03:21 AM
    Threads

Right now I can just think of Sophia Loren, Marcello Mastroianni, Peter Ustinov and Frederico Fellini.

Absolutely love them.

Member Desert Coyote has a reputation beyond repute Desert Coyote has a reputation beyond repute Desert Coyote has a reputation beyond repute Desert Coyote has a reputation beyond repute Desert Coyote has a reputation beyond repute Desert Coyote has a reputation beyond repute Desert Coyote has a reputation beyond repute Desert Coyote has a reputation beyond repute Desert Coyote has a reputation beyond repute Desert Coyote has a reputation beyond repute Desert Coyote has a reputation beyond repute Desert Coyote's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-31-2010 04:12 PM
    Threads

Okay, won't go so far as to say "love" but there's quite a few that I appreciate for various reasons ...

Brendan Small and Tommy Blacha: bringing comedy to death metal via Dethklok (trust me, the show and the CD's are a lot better than you'd think)
    Alan Moore: master of the art of mature writing for graphic novels that borders on literary.
    Keith David: a speaking voice that can blow up a bass woofer is AOK in my book!
    Shannon Elizabeth: when she smiles she looks like my wife. Seriously. Shut up!
    Brad Paisley: the fastest fingers in country today.
    Seth MacFarlane: as an aspiring creator myself, I respect how much leeway he's been given as an artist and occasionally he hits right on the mark with his writing. Occasionally.
    Meat Loaf: the man, the music, the legend.
    Jim Steinman: the man *behind* the music and the legend.

'Kay, I think that covers it.
    "I can cross 'Stab Hitler to death' off my list of cool crap I thought I'd never get to do."--Brock Samson, Venture Brothers

Senior Member Bulma1017 has a reputation beyond repute Bulma1017 has a reputation beyond repute Bulma1017 has a reputation beyond repute Bulma1017 has a reputation beyond repute Bulma1017 has a reputation beyond repute Bulma1017 has a reputation beyond repute Bulma1017 has a reputation beyond repute Bulma1017 has a reputation beyond repute Bulma1017 has a reputation beyond repute Bulma1017 has a reputation beyond repute Bulma1017 has a reputation beyond repute Bulma1017's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-27-2010 10:45 AM
    Threads

Bruise Willis (I just Love him!! Not matter how old he gets)
    Harrison Ford (GOOO HAN SOLO!! AND INDIEE!!!)
    Micheal J. Fox (SOOOO Hot in Back to the Future!)
    Sandera Bullock (Awesome and Funny!! Sexy too! ^.^)
    Jim Carry (Sooo Funny! And really good as a seriouse person in some movies)
    Jonhnny Depp (Captain Jack Sparrow:Paallllliiir pollopp "Parley?" Yess thats is Parley Parley!!)
    Metallica (Just Plan AWESOME!)
    Jackie Chan (Heee Ya!! Smack in FACE!)
    I have more just can't of all of them right now! YaY's!!!
    Last edited by Bulma1017; 11-12-2009 at 04:09 PM.

"Remember's I say's it out of LOVE!!"
    YaY's for "Love Bullets!!!"

Thank you bayamesa!!!

Senior Member John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson has a reputation beyond repute John Watson's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts Mars Crystal Henshin Pen Rainbow Ribbon Sagittarius
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2014 12:03 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I'm currently in love with Lady Gaga.

Taylor Swift - because she is pretty and she can sing AND she acts her own age unlike some other young country-pop teen! >>; *coughmileycyruscough*

Jeff Dunham - I think his way of doing comedy is super unique and must have required years of practice. Plus, he cracks me up!

WFANFC aka Working For a Nuclear Free City - They're a band that I bet no one has ever heard of, but I have and I think their music is spectacular.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I really don't love people. And if I were to love someone, it's almost certain I would have to know them beforehand. And as such, since I really don't know any famous individual, I can't say I love any talented and/or famous person.

Though I guess I am talented, and I really like myself, ... do I qualify?

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Senior Member Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2023 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The only talented and (once) famous person I love is Ken Jennings. That dude took Jeopardy Champion to the next level, and he was actually a good role model.

Maybe I'll think of more later.

Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Hmm. Well, I don't really -love- any of them, but I do like/admire the following:

Darren Hayes - well, obviously. One of my favorite artists. I love what he stands for, his talent and his music.

Andrea Bocelli - I have almost all of his CD's. =3

Joel Mchale - the only reason why i'll ever watch E!. Ever.

Liam Kyle Sullivan- of "Kelly"/"A Liam Show" internet fame, he's just awesome.

Paul F. Tompkins - comedian on "VH1's best week ever"; I just find him hilarious.

Michael Ian Black - comedian on VH1. Same reasons as above.

Stephen Colbert - for all reasons above.

Michael Buble & Josh Groban - uplifting and relaxing music.
    Last edited by Miss Moonlight; 11-12-2009 at 02:18 PM.

Senior Member nekosenshi has a reputation beyond repute nekosenshi has a reputation beyond repute nekosenshi has a reputation beyond repute nekosenshi has a reputation beyond repute nekosenshi has a reputation beyond repute nekosenshi has a reputation beyond repute nekosenshi has a reputation beyond repute nekosenshi has a reputation beyond repute nekosenshi has a reputation beyond repute nekosenshi has a reputation beyond repute nekosenshi has a reputation beyond repute nekosenshi's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-01-2010 11:30 AM
    Threads

I don't really love any famous people, because I don't know them.

Kaoru and Kenshin Forever

Senior Member Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-17-2011 12:15 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

This is pretty much a favorites list...

So here goes -

Dave Mustaine - kicked his habit, cranked out a ton of good music, still awesome today, not shy about his religion or political views. I may not agree with Christianity all the time, but Dave used it for what it's for - to make himself a better man, and I respect that.

Behemoth - Awesome death metal, pretty awesome black metal before that. Good sense of melody in the old stuff. Newer material is atmospheric and percussive, while engaging.

Shakira - She's talented, her voice sends chills down my spine, she's a good dancer, and writes most of her own material. And she's hawt.

Bill Gates - Because he uses his money for good instead of evil. And I like Microsoft products - no complaints or problems from me. I never had ME though. And I skipped Vista, but I've used it and would have upgraded had Seven not shown up so soon.

Anderson Cooper - Even though he's probably a liberal douchenozzle, I used to watch his show where he and Dr. Gupta traveled the world to talk about various issues. It was always interesting and informative.

Sen. Cathy Young [R-NY] - This was my state senator when I lived in Chautauqua County, NY. She was a stand up citizen, and was always engaged in the issues important to our region, unlike some people - mostly Democrats - who didn't leave Buffalo until election time. She was also on the side of hunters and gun owners - NY can be very restrictive when it comes to hunting.

Ron Paul - his voting record and his stances. I would definitely buy most of what he's selling. 'Nuff said there.

Honorable Mentions - Bill Clinton G.H.W. Bush, and G.W. Bush. Why? Because Clinton remains politically active, and often supports worthwhile causes. And he's mainly kept his mouth shut about Bush. W. - ditto. I like some of what he did in office, and I like the fact that he has not come out and criticized Obama. It seems to be a tradition that former presidents do not come out against sitting presidents - something that Jimmy Carter fails to grasp. We'll have to see with Obama.

I respect Carter's dedication to peace in the Middle East, but I still think he's a tool that needs to keep his damned mouth shut.

Actually bigger than you. miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Violin Cds
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2013 07:01 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: miniPhil

This list only includes people I can think of at the moment. I'm sure there are many more who are awesome and I've just forgotten about.

Banksy ~ Best graffiti artist ever.

Devin Townsend ~ A musician to rival all other musicians.

Des Bishop ~ Best comedian I have ever seen by miles(you need to see him live rather than his DVD's). Not even Eddie Izzard comes close to beating him.

Beethoven ~ Ive said it once and Ill say it again: Beethoven is the greatest musician to have ever lived and ever will live.

Edward Norton ~ Hes SOOOO dreamy!

Kevin Smith ~ Not particularly talented but I love him.

There are many more great people but my memory sucks and I want to go watch House.
    This is a Sig. It's horribly out of date.

Senior Member Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-15-2012 12:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@ Revile - I actually met Bill Clinton! Very briefly. He shook my hand . It was a very OMG moment.

//15 Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-26-2009 05:50 PM
    Threads

If you know me, you know what the first name on this list would be. But I don't want any 'omg u suck'.

2) Bill Gates - He's a made man. I hope he gets to keep every penny he ever earns, because he deserves it.

3) Sarah McLachlan - If I ever married a woman, she would be exactly like Sarah McLachlan: down to earth, level-headed, gorgeous, wry, modest, smart, and passionate.

Some day, you'll dine on a solid snake.

Senior Member sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Gifts Ariel Fox Snowman
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-15-2019 01:15 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: pppascal

Quote Originally Posted by revile View Post
    Honorable Mentions - Bill Clinton G.H.W. Bush, and G.W. Bush. Why? Because Clinton remains politically active, and often supports worthwhile causes. And he's mainly kept his mouth shut about Bush. W. - ditto. I like some of what he did in office, and I like the fact that he has not come out and criticized Obama. It seems to be a tradition that former presidents do not come out against sitting presidents - something that Jimmy Carter fails to grasp. We'll have to see with Obama.
    Second on Clinton... In my opinion, he was a pretty good president. I mean, my family lived very well during that time. Also, Clinton is the most politically active president that's alive.

Nanobyte's minion SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Luna Cake Lie Soras Keyblade
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-20-2017 06:47 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 1596-5790-7816-3407

Quote Originally Posted by Lola Granola View Post
    5. Johnny Depp: He's hot and versatile.
    I agree with this 100%.

Well here's a couple of my favorite famous and/or talented people.

Jackie Chan: He's been doing stunts since he was in his late teens. He rose from an opera performer (yes, he can sing!! ) to a superb martial artist, and stuntman. He's also written and produced most of his work too.

Jim Carrey: He really is hilarious. I think he has a unique comedic style. And he can be either a goof or a completely serious guy as shown in the movie "Eternal Shunshine of the Spotless Mind"

Cameroon Diaz: She is a beautiful actress and also knows how to act her part. And apparently she doesn't exercise at all to keep in shape.

Andrea Bocelli: He has an amazing voice.

Senior Member Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shed View Post
    Second on Clinton... In my opinion, he was a pretty good president. I mean, my family lived very well during that time. Also, Clinton is the most politically active president that's alive.
    My family seems to have done best under Reagan and both Bush presidencies. It seems our toughest years came during Clinton, and the present. I was too young to really pass judgment on Clinton or Bush I. Clinton seems to have a sort of social grace though, that some of his peers lack. I tend to like W. as well, for similar reasons. He might sound like a moron sometimes, but everyone usually gets him. They both seem like decent men.

boopaloop! 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Fiery View Post
    Bill Gates - He's a made man. I hope he gets to keep every penny he ever earns, because he deserves it.
    Say WHAT?

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

He gives up a ton of money to fight AIDS and other stuff. Warren Buffett has done the same. These rich guys aren't all evil people.

Senior Member Shwayze has a reputation beyond repute Shwayze has a reputation beyond repute Shwayze has a reputation beyond repute Shwayze has a reputation beyond repute Shwayze has a reputation beyond repute Shwayze has a reputation beyond repute Shwayze has a reputation beyond repute Shwayze has a reputation beyond repute Shwayze has a reputation beyond repute Shwayze has a reputation beyond repute Shwayze has a reputation beyond repute Shwayze's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-10-2010 07:41 PM
    Threads

Johnny Depp: Great actor
    Stephen Colbert: Makes me laugh!
    George Carlin: Makes me laugh even more than Colbert
    Quinton Tarantino: One of the greatest directors of all time
    Jimi Hendrix: Awesome guitarist, a legend
    James Brown: Another legend; The king of funk!

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by revile View Post
    He gives up a ton of money to fight AIDS and other stuff. Warren Buffett has done the same. These rich guys aren't all evil people.
    Oh wow, seriously? I know a bunch of mob leaders who did the same thing. Does that mean they should be forgiven for what they did, for the fact that they made most of that money on other people's expense? I'm not the kind of guy who hates people just because they're rich and thinks that it somehow automatically makes them evil, but Gates, Ballmer and the rest of those Microsoft officials are as guilty as hell and that foundation of his (as pretty much everything else he had ever done) was just a political move to prevent more pies from being thrown in his face.

Closed Thread

Thread Information