AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Dragon Age: Origins

Junior Member Guildor has a reputation beyond repute Guildor has a reputation beyond repute Guildor has a reputation beyond repute Guildor has a reputation beyond repute Guildor has a reputation beyond repute Guildor has a reputation beyond repute Guildor has a reputation beyond repute Guildor has a reputation beyond repute Guildor has a reputation beyond repute Guildor has a reputation beyond repute Guildor has a reputation beyond repute Guildor's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-04-2010 04:29 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Dragon Age: Origins

Lately I've been playing Dragon Age: Origins and I wanted to know if anyone is playing it also and what you think of it.

Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2011 04:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I've been playing it and loving it.
    Did a Human Warrior, to be generic about it.

Theres only a few things I don't like.

-Teeth.
    I don't care if they didn't have toothbrushes back then. It's a fantasy game, why is everyones mouth riddled with diffrent shades of brown and black.

-Crashes
    This is game caused my first Blue-Screen in five years.
    Five.
    Apparantly rapidly clicking the "Create Potion" button to make a few dozen health potions causes your proccessor to have a coniption fit (And I'm sporting a high end proccessor). In fact my initial reaction to the blue screen was to laugh, so I did.
    Also the game tends to crash at random, during trivial events. Like when selecting a dialogue option (But it almost never crashes during battle when Morrigan is flinging bloom ridden spells all over the place)
    I don't know, it only ever seems to be Bioware games. Kotor does it, Neverwinter Nights does it, Mass Effect does it, and now this game does it.
    I can run Fallout, Oblivion, and even Crysis with alll the happy settings on max and not run into problems. But heaven forbid a Bioware game should run problem free (And I know it's not a problem with my PC because I've played the X-Box versions of the bioware games listed about and they would still lock up randomly)
    I think the crashes are staged by Bioware as a way to tell you "You're playing too long, go outside for some fresh air", but I digress.
    /rant
    Kay I'm calm.

Other than that everything is fine and dandy. It's the calibur of story I'd expect from Bioware and the games engine seems to be some sort of fusion between Neverwinter Nights and Mass Effect (Seriously, pay attention to some of the animations when NPC's are talking to you, or walking off screen at the end of a conversation. They're almost identical to mass effects)

I've also come to adore my part members. Especially Morrigon and the Dog.

The Dog because they let me name him (Durandel, with an E instead of an A to make it sound more cutsey) so I feel more of an emotional attachment. He cleans the blood from my armor, and sometimes finds me things.
    Sort of like the dog in Fable.
    However unlike the dog in Fable this one is actually useful in combat and does things. I've actually come to depend on his speed over the humanoid characters whenever and ogre appears. Just get aggro with your dog and run around in circles while Morrigan blasts the thing to bits with that frost-freeze thing she does.
    Speaking of Morrigan.
    She's the most useful party member at my current stage of the game. I'm a warrior and I use shields. I tank things, she heals me and when she's not healing me she'd blowing things up with her mind. And my relationship with her is high enough where she does even more magic damage while in my party. The girl just nukes everything in site. Plus her overall attitude pleases me. She's that odd fusion of a caring sympathetic woman, and a coldhearted *****.
    The fact that she's voiced by a very sultry Claudia Black doesn't hurt either (Honestly, if I ran the world, Jennifer Hale and Claudia Black would voice at least one female in every RPG ever created)

SES Member Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-19-2010 04:38 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 3815-8940-4087-6200

Batman, just out of curiosity what are your PC specs?

AF's Danish Guy Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Spinning Beach Ball Doom Gir Be Mine
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-20-2013 06:15 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

as Batman says.. The teeth is fail xD,,, And I myself have been getting about.. 2-3 crashes. tho no bsod.

I really like the game, it's great to play something with a story that actually doesn't sux,

The Final Uchiha Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-10-2013 09:40 PM
    Threads

The games awesome. I don't really seen anything wrong with the game, atall. I've got the pc version, the interface and graphics seem to be something only the pc can translate to the players gameplay innovation, thats in my opinion anyway^^
    Epic is an understatement, and with a whopping 20GB im still stumped on how the world of dragon age can actually be put on the consoles...

AF's Danish Guy Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Spinning Beach Ball Doom Gir Be Mine
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-20-2013 06:15 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Graphics arn't THAT good tbh.....

Thunderbringer! RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto's Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Cake
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2017 12:40 PM
    Threads

i was really excited for this but apparently the console versions are just terrible. When i have a capable PC i will pick this up
    Thanks to Wolley for the sexay siggeh! Good work, Wollz!
    On a mountain top
    Bearded RaShay slays demon
    Rocks out on guitar

Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by RaShayRitto View Post
    i was really excited for this but apparently the console versions are just terrible. When i have a capable PC i will pick this up
    I've come to the conclusion that most Bioware games are horrible because they're designed for PC and ported to the console.
    The exception being Mass Effect which was, of course, created with the 360 in mind.

Graphics arn't THAT good tbh.....
    Depends really.
    The enviroments are very well designed, it's the characters that seem a wee bit dated.

Senior Member Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Leo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-19-2011 02:28 AM
    Threads

You know, my friend can run this game on his laptop. And it has yet to crash. I last recall that laptops are supposed to be worse then desktops in the whole gaming section.

Also heard good things about it, wanted to get it then remembered how insanely bad my computer is.

Also, considering that the game is dark fantasy. The teeth would probably been considered normal.

Cause black teeth were considered sexy way back when.
    Last edited by Crazyjavi87; 11-09-2009 at 02:05 AM.

~The King has come! To save us from the dark, who could have ever doubt? We have faith~
    set done by Daken

Senior Member Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-13-2010 12:38 AM
    Threads

Yeah, I have been playing this game like crazy. I cannot get enough of it. Has anyone gone all the way with any of your companions yet? (Not including the dog, because that would be weird...)
    Last.FM!
    Hit me up with a F/R!

Thunderbringer! RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto's Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Cake
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2017 12:40 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by -Batman- View Post
    I've come to the conclusion that most Bioware games are horrible because they're designed for PC and ported to the console.
    The exception being Mass Effect which was, of course, created with the 360 in mind.
    the same is true for a lot of games, but they still seem properly optimized for every format. The conversion here seems pretty lazy =(

anyway once i get a better PC...but until then this game will hopefully get an awesome patch but i doubt that will happen
    Thanks to Wolley for the sexay siggeh! Good work, Wollz!
    On a mountain top
    Bearded RaShay slays demon
    Rocks out on guitar

The Illusive Man Fionn Mac has a reputation beyond repute Fionn Mac has a reputation beyond repute Fionn Mac has a reputation beyond repute Fionn Mac has a reputation beyond repute Fionn Mac has a reputation beyond repute Fionn Mac has a reputation beyond repute Fionn Mac has a reputation beyond repute Fionn Mac has a reputation beyond repute Fionn Mac has a reputation beyond repute Fionn Mac has a reputation beyond repute Fionn Mac has a reputation beyond repute Fionn Mac's Avatar
    Gil
    Pensive
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-26-2010 10:14 PM
    Threads

This game early on surprisingly went ahead of Oblivion as my favorite fantasy based rpg. Mass Effect still reigns supreme Rpg wise as a whole and Mass Effect 2 will be even better, but in typical Bioware fashion the game is great.

I also totally agree with the Mass Effect + Neverwinter Nights= Dragon Age comparison, a lot of familiar elements pop up throughout the game.

Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

So I just finished the game. And here's a plot twist that kind of pissed me off a bit.

Spoilers and such.
    So don't read it unless you've finished the game (And if you read it and haven't, don't cry to me that I ruined the game for you. Besides theres 3 other endings and you lack restraint)

So if you take Morrigan with you to the circle of magi tower, she tells you about a book of Flemmeths that you find within the tower. Obviously she wants said book. Get her the book and speak to her at camp and she'll inform you that rather than spells, the book speaks of Flemmeth, and how she's lived so long.
    Flemmeth raises daughters so that she may take over their bodies when the time is right.
    Obviously Morrigan doesn't want this so she asks you to kill Flemmeth and get her actual grimoire of spells so that she may protect herself should Flemmeth resurface. So you do this (Turns out Flemmeth shape-shifts into a dragon)
    Now this isn't the part that pissed me off.

What DID irrate me was towards the end of the game near the final battle.
    Flemmeth only saved you for one purpose earlier on in the game. And here's the reason.
    In order to kill an archdemon, the final blow must be made by a grey warden.When the Grey Warden kills an Archdemon, the arch demon's essence enters the grey wardens body. The demons essence is destroyed, along with the grey warden.
    So Flemmth taught Morrigan a ritual to save said grey wardens life. Morrigan becomes pregnant with a Grey Wardens child, and when the demon is slain, the essence goes into the under developed fetus. At this early stage the child isn't suseptable to the...Thing you, as a grey warden, suffer. And rather than the demon soul being destroyed, it's cleansed.

It's obvious flemmeth wanted morrigan to do this so that when she took over morrigans body, the next child she takes over would have the strength of a bloody old god (Of course they never reveal this in the game, but either way it's obvious)
    But wait, flemmeth is dead. You'd assume Morrigan would just stay with you and raise said child blah blah blah. WROOOONG (Yes, wrong, even if your relationship with her is as high as it can possibly go)
    She tells you that once the final battle is over, she will depart and raise the child in the freakin wild, and you'll never see her again. So let me get this straight.
    You have two options. You (or Alistar) boink Morrigan and unleash some demonic little hellspawn upon the world, and possibly allow Morrigan to become Flemmeth 2.0, or you die.
    What the hell kind of choices are these?
    There's no 'Light Side' or 'Darkside' ending, and every shade in between like every other thing bioware attaches their name too.
    Instead we get...
    "Lawl jokes on you"
    and
    "Possibly creating Flemmeth 2.0 through Morrigan and releasing your demonic hellspawn upon the world"
    Niiiice

/rage

So yeah.
    Awesome game. Would play again.

Junior Member ChyChy has a reputation beyond repute ChyChy has a reputation beyond repute ChyChy has a reputation beyond repute ChyChy has a reputation beyond repute ChyChy has a reputation beyond repute ChyChy has a reputation beyond repute ChyChy has a reputation beyond repute ChyChy has a reputation beyond repute ChyChy has a reputation beyond repute ChyChy has a reputation beyond repute ChyChy has a reputation beyond repute ChyChy's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-20-2009 11:20 PM
    Threads

Default Yah...

Well I was a rogue city elf, pretty fun or the most part I really didn't like how long it takes to load the game, but I've only had one freeze and no crashes. I may be wrong for saying this, but it reminds me of oblivion [for X-box 360] in ways.

Oh!! I must add, having Sten in Morrigan in my party at the same time brings me close to tears! They're hilarious together, that's one of my highlights of the game. Also the graphics are pretty good and I like how in depth you can get with your characters, also the story line is a masterpiece in it's self.

Otherwise, I can go on and on with negative and good on the game, but overall it was worth it to me. ^^

Senior Member Dr. Thunder has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Thunder has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Thunder has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Thunder has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Thunder has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Thunder has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Thunder has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Thunder has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Thunder has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Thunder has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Thunder has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Thunder's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-29-2011 10:14 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: The Dr Thunder PSN ID: Soulstocker101

I have not played it yet but it looks really awesome

Senior Member Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz has a reputation beyond repute Zeokoz's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-13-2010 12:38 AM
    Threads

I just love this game so much. I hate how there is all this DLC out, and I still have to play through the story a couple times with a couple different characters. Still though, I will be picking up the DLC no matter what though...
    Last.FM!
    Hit me up with a F/R!

Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke0990 View Post
    I just love this game so much. I hate how there is all this DLC out, and I still have to play through the story a couple times with a couple different characters. Still though, I will be picking up the DLC no matter what though...
    most of the games came with the code for Shale OR the wardens keep.

Shale is much more worth it, however.

Closed Thread

Thread Information