AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: wallpaper finished...im not sure

Junior Member Yoshihiro is on a distinguished road Yoshihiro's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-25-2009 10:06 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default The start of my first wallpaper

This is the start of my first wallpaper.

Junior Member Yoshihiro is on a distinguished road Yoshihiro's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-25-2009 10:06 PM
    Threads

Default wallpaper finished...im not sure

im not too sure what else too put on. i dont know if i should put sasuke all black or leave him like that.
    if theres anything i should add to it please let me know

Moderator Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Be Mine Alfa Romeo Spider JTS Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2017 03:31 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

First of all, you dont need to make separate threads for when you update a wallpaper. Just post in the same thread, or use the edit your port feature.

As for your wallpaper, its really empty. You lack a lot of essential things in order to make it good, like flow, emphasis, etc. So I will just go with the clearest things.

First of all, you used a low quality image as your source, and it has also been extracted from its background poorly. Look at the hair and its edges. Notice all of those little spots of color from the previous background? That sort of makes it bad.

Secondly, is the usage of text. It doesnt have to be all that special, just readable. And that is really all you have going for this wallpaper, the text and your little message. You have no color usage, no flow, nothing really dynamic here that could truly separate this wallpaper apart form others.

Here is what I would suggest you do, look at tutorials on things like text usage and place, along with tutorials on signatures. Mostly because a wallpaper is nothing more than a much more massive signature, it should be important to know basic structural designs for wallpapers through signatures. Afterwords, you should experiment with more effects and other outside sources. The best wallpaper makers dont only use filters and text in Photoshop, they use a large variety of images to make them. So start small, then work your way up.

As the saying goes, bigger is not always better. Best of luck to ya.

sankunchansamasenpai Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-29-2013 11:25 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Well, since this is just the start, I'll just give you a few points to keep in mind when you work on a wall again.

First off, remember that your wallpaper needs to make some sense in the end. So when you begin, you can visualize what the wallpaper is going to look like and decide on what mood you’re trying to create. Then choose your subject, aka focal point. The focus, essentially, is the point the viewer's eyes fall on first. Imagine if you didn't make a focal point at all. The viewer would just look at random things, and get bored with the whole thing very quickly. Do remember that also putting in too many subjects [for example, more than one character, and each one is scattered around the wall] isn't preferred by designers. Since the focus is the centre of attention of your wall, having a lot of subjects just isn't right. In fact, it can even get annoying at times.

Good wallpaper: Focus is on the extract, and it blends well with everything else.
    Bad wallpaper: This thing has about 4 different subjects. Bear in mind that enlarging the extracts and making backgrounds out of them is stupid. A crime that I too am guilty of -.-

Also, if you are using extracts, make sure they’re clean ones. You know, without the jagged edges and parts of the old bg showing? I’d recommend using Serated’s extractions. You can find his thread in the Dazzle Us forum ^^

Second; the background, alias BG. Most people think the background isn't all that important....or much too important. So either they do nothing with the background and think a gradient, or a clouds filter or some other basic filter will suffice, or they end up stuffing the bg with a whole load of effects and other things and destroy the main focus. And THIS is something that annoys the hell out of me in particular. The focus has a few effects slapped on and fills up the entire image. That's it. That's all it is. Just a big face staring at you through the screen everytime you minimize their window. Not very nice, is it? There's nothing much to look at other than some boring facial features. That's where the designer should think 'Do I really want viewers gawking at someone's face all day?'
    Bgs can take a while to design sometimes, so it's okay to put in some effort. There's no hurry- no train to catch. That's why, you may take as long as you like to work on it. What matters is the end result, after all :3 You can make a simple bg as long as it works. Remember not to clutter your bg with effects-'fillers' as I like to call them. Busy backgrounds always end up killing the focus. So try to keep some control ;D

Third, Blending. Again, you will need to control this factor. Excessive blending and you'll slay the focus again. No blending, and most of your wallpaper will be popping out which is irritating and absolutely unprofessional.

>.>
    <.<

I think I’ll stop here. Or I might end up confusing you with too much info xD
    Practice this much for now, and I’ll help with the rest later on. Keep at it, Yoshihiro :3

Collab with Unli~ Isn't he awesome??

deviantART | Tumblr | IntuitionGFX | iGFX on dA

Closed Thread

Thread Information