AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Sync.art's - ラストダンス

みんなで歌おうよ!
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-14-2013 06:58 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Default Sync.art's - ラストダンス

Hey guys. I have (almost) finished transliterating this awesome new album by SYNC.ART'S. The only remaining song is ラストダンス (Last Dance). I finished transliterating the Kanji, but the song has parts that are sung in English, and they aren't written in the CD booklet.

The problem with Japanese people is that they don't speak English words correctly... And the English parts are sung in the background -- the music is much louder than the vocals. I can hardly understand the sung English! (Even though I'm GOOD in English!)

Actually, I've searched and found a translit (more like a draft... that is full of mistakes) in the Touhou wiki. They say the English parts were written "based on someone's hearing". I can't take that as a reliable source, nor can I hear it myself correctly.

The song has two parts that are sung in English. I've attached the first one. I messed a little with it (equalizers/sfx/etc.) and I made the voice of the vocalist louder than the music. Here are the two lines from the Touhou wiki draft:

Lonely.... Lonely in the darkness.... Ah....
    Lonely in the cold and the drying were.... Ah....

The first line is pretty clear. The problem is in the second line. The line this "someone" has written neither makes sense, nor matches what I hear from the song. The first word of the second line sounds like "falling", not "lonely" as in the first line. And I can't hear the rest of the line.

Can someone please help me on this?

ATTACHMENT REMOVED -- please see post #5 below
    Last edited by Aku no Hikari; 10-23-2009 at 04:37 AM.

みんなで歌おうよ!
    Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

10k points is offered to anyone who helps!

Can a native Japanese help me with it? I think that Japanese people can understand other Japanese people speaking English. (Maybe I just suck at listening when it comes to Japanese people speaking English? )

AnimeLyrics Admin
    EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-25-2020 10:24 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: xenographer Steam ID: xen0glossy

Well, what I hear personally is "fall in the cold and crying [something]," but since there's no official right answer and so any lyrics you get will just be someone's by-ear interpretation, it might be better to just leave it out. It's only background stuff, after all.

みんなで歌おうよ!
    Gil
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Yeah... It's just background stuff. I've already submitted the song anyway. I'll upload the second part (when I have time today), and this thread will remain open for a while. If anyone sees it later and posts anything useful (or if I can hear it myself), I'll update the lyrics.

Thanks for helping anyway.
    Last edited by Aku no Hikari; 10-22-2009 at 03:26 AM.

みんなで歌おうよ!
    Gil
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

UPDATE: LOL I can't believe I didn't notice this from the beginning! In the second disc of the album, there's a remix of this song where the English intro is sung completely without music. (Though it's mixed with some SFX and synthesizers.) I attached it here.

The funny thing is that I still can't decode some of what I hear! I could hear a few things. First, the first line is not "Lonely... lonely", it's "To be lonely". So, the first line is:

To be lonely in the darkness (ah)

As for the second line, the beginning sounds like:

Falling [blah blah blah] why (ah)

Okay, at least we are advancing... Anyone could help?

Not kidding about the reps/points award!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Aku no Hikari; 10-30-2009 at 05:47 AM.

AnimeLyrics Admin
    EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-25-2020 10:24 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: xenographer Steam ID: xen0glossy

Actually the second part sounds like "the underground is mine" to me now, but I could be wrong.

みんなで歌おうよ!
    Gil
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

That's not helping.

Okay, I decided to do something completely different. I have contacted SYNC.ART'S. I sent them an e-mail. (LOL that's a crazy idea, isn't it?) I don't even know if they are going to respond, or how long they will take to respond. (They might just think it's spam.. X_X) But taking the lyrics from their official source is the only way that I could count on.

Until then, the attachment is still here. If any person person is capable of clearly hearing the lyrics, help is appreciated and rewarded. (But no guessing please.)
    Last edited by Aku no Hikari; 10-23-2009 at 04:39 AM.

みんなで歌おうよ!
    Gil
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Okay, they did not respond. I sent them first a message in English, and after a few days of not responding, I thought that there's a chance that they couldn't understand it (since their English skills might be poor), so I sent them one in Japanese, and they didn't respond either.

Gonna start blackmailing them!! (Just kidding... )

I didn't have hope that they will respond from the beginning. There was no point in mailing them. And there was also no point in sending the other message in Japanese since they surely can read and understand English correctly. (They just don't speak it right.)

No one is likely to open the Lyrics Discussion forum and open an old thread to check it out (and the thread will be closed after 60 days anyway), so I'll move it to my blog and sticky it.

Closed Thread

Thread Information