AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Job Interview

Awaken Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Mario 1-Up Mushroom Aria Neko Mario Piranha Plant
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2022 04:19 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Job Interview

So after four months of job hunting, I finally got an interview at the local theaters. This is my first interview, so any advice/pointers would be much appreciated. Thank you.
    The Brighter the Light the Darker the Shadow

Cowboy Psychologist Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2013 12:07 AM
    Threads

Methinks this belongs in your blog, buuuuut...

Dress nice but don't overdress, use "Sir" and "Ma'am" when appropriate, temporarily eliminate slang from your vocabulary, have a copy of your resume, bring your own pen, and smile. When you invariably get asked "Why should I hire you?" make sure you've got a mental game plan so you don't trip over your words (mention things like work ethic, ability to play nicely with others, etc.). Good luck!

Bad Memory

Здравствуйте!
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 1
    aishiteru333 has a reputation beyond repute aishiteru333 has a reputation beyond repute aishiteru333 has a reputation beyond repute aishiteru333 has a reputation beyond repute aishiteru333 has a reputation beyond repute aishiteru333 has a reputation beyond repute aishiteru333 has a reputation beyond repute aishiteru333 has a reputation beyond repute aishiteru333 has a reputation beyond repute aishiteru333 has a reputation beyond repute aishiteru333 has a reputation beyond repute aishiteru333's Avatar
    Gil
    Torn
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2020 08:46 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

When he or she asks "Can you..." or something. Always try to answer yes and say like I like working.
    That almost got me a job at Walgreens, except he wanted someone to work mornings on Monday. Which was a no- no for me since I had school. But he really wanted to hire me.

みんなで歌おうよ!
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-14-2013 06:58 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

You asked the pro! (Just kidding)

If you want to succeed on an interview, you need to understand what the interviewer is there for. They don't focus on your qualifications (since they're already in your CV) as much as they focus on your experience in dealing with problems in general.

They will read every single word in your CV, and start ask you hard questions about them. Questions that most people never expect. Like if you worked for a restaurant before, they'll ask you "Tell me three bad experiences from your work at the restaurant." If you aren't prepared, you'll get nervous and think that by telling them the bad experiences you won't get the job, and you might start lying.

The bad news is that you can't lie about anything. And you can't tell them you didn't have any bad experiences because that's impossible at work. The good news is that the goal of this question is to see how good you are in dealing with problems. Like you answer them, "There was once a lot of customers, and my boss was angry. It was a hard day, but I did a good job in managing the customers blah blah blah." What they want to see is how you turned a bad experience into a good one. They ultimately want to see your ability in dealing with problems.

And believe me, they'll ask about every single word in your CV. If you don't want them to ask you about something (like one of your interests), either remove it from the CV or prepare yourself for any questions. Your CV should be prepared and well written.

Don't get nervous at the interview. Stay cool and stay formal. And I say formal about everything, including your dressing. Your goal at the interview is turning everything they say to trip you into something that supports you. But you should also stay realistic and you should NEVER lie.

Here are some resources that can help you:

http://www.wikihow.com/Prepare-for-the-Job-Interview
    http://www.wikihow.com/Write-a-Functional-Resume

But I think I can give you a very useful advice. If you can find someone who already had an interview at the same company you'll work for, you should ask them about everything.

Thunderbringer! RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto's Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Cake
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2017 12:40 PM
    Threads

dont be too much of a stiff. many times you can get on the boss's good side by being cool and interesting

and really the "interview" is most likely gonna be you and the manager standing and talking for 5 or 10 minutes. so dont get all worked up. good luck!
    Thanks to Wolley for the sexay siggeh! Good work, Wollz!
    On a mountain top
    Bearded RaShay slays demon
    Rocks out on guitar

Awaken Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Mario 1-Up Mushroom Aria Neko Mario Piranha Plant
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2022 04:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

thanks for the help. I'll let you guys know if I get the job.
    The Brighter the Light the Darker the Shadow

Lol, message boards. RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars has a reputation beyond repute RexCars's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-19-2018 11:18 PM
    Threads

Try not to overanalyze.

Eye contact, be pleasant, use the manners your mother taught you, dress appropriately, and most importantly, emphasize what YOU can do for THEM.

Since working at a theater will result in talking to customers, showing your social skills in the interview is (obviously) a good thing.

Perverted Kitty of Doom lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-09-2013 01:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

good luck on it ^^

but yea some pointers :

dont be too shy and dont talk to much
    wear something nice but not too much
    be polite but dont make it seem like youre forcing it
    look the manager in the eyes, to proove that youre not scared or shy
    besides it makes u seem confident

other thatn that i dont know ,

hope you get the job
    you can't call me weird, cause im unique ^_^
    btw if youre going to admire me, please tell me who you are, gracias

siggy by teddy thankies ^^

**UPDATE** NEW DRAWINGS
    * * * A R T ~ W O R K * * *
    My sweet sweet family is located in my blog
    if you want to be a part of our family, pm me

Thunderbringer! RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto's Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Cake
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2017 12:40 PM
    Threads

if all else fails, whip it out!

the second they lay eyes on your golden massive "it" they'll be on the ground begging you to work there
    Thanks to Wolley for the sexay siggeh! Good work, Wollz!
    On a mountain top
    Bearded RaShay slays demon
    Rocks out on guitar

Senior Member sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Gifts Ariel Fox Snowman
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-15-2019 01:15 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: pppascal

One word: respect.
    Respect for the interviewer.

on Detonation Boulevard Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Beer Xmas Bear2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-15-2022 03:03 AM
    Threads

Presentation is everything.

Senior Member .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts A Duck 149 - Dragonite
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-24-2016 11:02 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

keep a conscious effort on controlling your eyes

sounds silly yeah, but if you look down or too the left the employer will know your lying

also confidence is key, talk yourself up and the employer will think wow this kids good

and as the poster above me said , presentation, can't stress that enough, top button done up, suit and tie, makes all the difference

and never never lie....just dont
    Last edited by .Tatty.; 10-09-2009 at 06:33 PM.

Lex Luger R.I.P
    ¦ Sexy Logo By Me ¦ R A R E R E N D E R ¦ Tutorial requests and PSD Requests open ¦ Tag Thread

Cowboy Psychologist Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Tatty Bojangles View Post
    keep a conscious effort on controlling your eyes

sounds silly yeah, but if you look down or too the left the employer will know your lying
    Uhm... not only is that a myth, but unless you're twitchy and obvious about it an employer doesn't think to interpret eye movements in any special way.

Bad Memory

Senior Member .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty. has a reputation beyond repute .Tatty.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

actually no thats not a "myth"

and i got them the wrong way round look to you right its a sign of lying

this is because the right side of your brain is attributed to Creativity and when your lying your baiscally telling a non-fiction story...which requires creativity

Lex Luger R.I.P
    ¦ Sexy Logo By Me ¦ R A R E R E N D E R ¦ Tutorial requests and PSD Requests open ¦ Tag Thread

Senior Member Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-17-2011 12:15 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I can look you in the eye and lie to you if I really want to.

I say go hardcore. Wear a tie. The theatres around here don't require that, but some that I've been to have all the guys in suits. Be conservative, but be sharp. Look like you could be working there right now. Be prepared. Bring a copy of your resume. Bring references on a separate sheet from the resume. Only offer them if asked. Have a note card with questions about the job on it. Never talk pay/benefits until the interviewer brings it up, or offers you the job.

If you learn best by actually doing stuff - like I do - make sure you tell them that. But only if it's true. Otherwise, stress the appropriate one. All learning styles have benefits. Cast yours in a positive light. Make sure they know you're a fast worker.

Sample questions - I used these, but my job is a bit...different.

"What sort of training will I receive? Will it be computer based, or hands on?"
    "Will there be a co-worker nearby I can ask questions of, if I need help?"

The rest were job specific for me because I drive an armored truck...but you get the idea. Think about the job description and what it would take to learn it. Have you ever run a cash register? Are you good at math? Do you like talking with people? Can you get excited about movies? What about upselling? [look it up, and BRING IT UP if you're sure you understand/can do it]

At the end, ask them if they feel there was anything you could have improved upon in your interview. If they give you a concrete answer, write it down and think it over!

Edited to add - Close the deal, like a salesman. You want the job. Ask for the job? Be polite. I always ask something along the lines of "This sounds like a great opportunity. When could I start?"
    Last edited by Cobra Commander; 10-09-2009 at 09:48 PM.

Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Tatty Bojangles View Post
    actually no thats not a "myth"
    Really. Show me the literature, please.

Bad Memory

SES Member Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-16-2017 05:34 AM
    Threads

Good luck.

In these times, you'll need it.
    If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made.

Member reikalee has a reputation beyond repute reikalee has a reputation beyond repute reikalee has a reputation beyond repute reikalee has a reputation beyond repute reikalee has a reputation beyond repute reikalee has a reputation beyond repute reikalee has a reputation beyond repute reikalee has a reputation beyond repute reikalee has a reputation beyond repute reikalee has a reputation beyond repute reikalee has a reputation beyond repute reikalee's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-11-2009 11:41 PM
    Threads

Only sit when you're instructed to.

Only shake hands when the interviewer extends his hand.

Smile!

Dalmasca does not forget kindness nor ill deed done. With sword in hand she aids her allies. Sword in hand, she lays to rest her foes.

-Ashelia B'nargin Dalmasca, Final Fantasy XII

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotten Show View Post
    Really. Show me the literature, please.

Bad Memory
    I'm going to be as pedantic as you are and ask you provide evidence to back your "myth" statement.

As for me,
    This first link is about how the right side of your brain is attributed to creativity,
    http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/bb/neur...marciniak.html

Next series of links is those attributed to eye movements and lying:
    http://socyberty.com/advice/eye-move...-catch-a-liar/
    http://www.blifaloo.com/info/lies.php
    http://ezinearticles.com/?Eye-Moveme...iar&id=2834678
    http://www.blifaloo.com/info/lies_eyes.php

Anyways,
    Good luck in your Interview mate ^^

Lex Luger R.I.P

Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Link 1 – no research provided, but I got a lot of horrendous grammar!
    Link 2 – no research provided, same ol’ myths that any cop, doctor, or teacher could tell you is garbage.
    Link 3 – no research provided, links within advertise a book and a blog.
    Link 4 – no research provided, more in-depth look at the aforementioned same ol’ myths of Link 2.

Your point about right or left side of the brain, and your argument concerning which way you would look if you’re lying, betrays a pretty keen lack of knowledge about the physiology of the brain and the eyes. Information from the right visual field and left visual field cross at the optic chiasm, feed into the lateral geniculate nucleus and proceed to the rear of the brain in what’s called the primary visual cortex... which, I should add, is on both halves of the brain. Still want to hold to that argument?

The EBSCO database doesn't have much on eye movement and lying specifically, but it does have an interesting study on blinking. Leal and Vrij (2008) found that blinking in liars decreased during the period in which they are carrying out the deception (compared to truth-tellers), and that blinking increased after the need for the deception has ended. Extremely simplified version, so I encourage you to read the actual study. I attached it for your convenience. Similarly, another study I found by Einav and Hood (2008) does comment on gaze aversion during lying, but makes no distinguishing of particular patterns beyond gender differences (in some circumstances) in picking up lying cues. This study even goes so far as to suggest a very strong cultural/social importance to gaze behaviors; if this is a more learned than innate behavior, that works a good ways to undermining your own argument. I attached this for your convenience as well.

Ericgamer1, let us know how the interview goes for you. For your sake I hope you get the gig.

Bad Memory

boopaloop! IFS has a reputation beyond repute IFS has a reputation beyond repute IFS has a reputation beyond repute IFS has a reputation beyond repute IFS has a reputation beyond repute IFS has a reputation beyond repute IFS has a reputation beyond repute IFS has a reputation beyond repute IFS has a reputation beyond repute IFS has a reputation beyond repute IFS has a reputation beyond repute IFS's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-12-2012 02:03 PM
    I live in South Africa, Kempton Park, Birchliegh
    Threads

Something you should always try to do is under promise and over achieve, this way you won't get yourself into something that you might not be able to handle, oh and in an interview keep eye contact, and act professionally and don't use bad language like slang and all that

Millionaire Campaign:
    Making millionaires out of everyone

This was unknowingly
    brought to you
    by .Elmer
    and knowingly
    sponsored by Baka Baka!!!

avi made by my sweet cousin .Elmer

May precipitate OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2018 11:48 PM
    Threads

Dress nice but not too formal, be polite, answer all the questions truthfully and bring a copy of you resume with references.

That's pretty much it.

Tru Fax: Princess Minako wrestled Jesus... and won

Closed Thread

Thread Information