AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Toradora! Rate This Anime.

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1(Poor)

1 1.92%
  • 2(Meh)

0 0%
  • 3(Alright)

0 0%
  • 4(Okay)

0 0%
  • 5(Decent)

1 1.92%
  • 6(Nice)

2 3.85%
  • 7(Good)

3 5.77%
  • 8(Superb)

20 38.46%
  • 9(Outstanding)

11 21.15%
  • 10(Perfect)

14 26.92%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [Anime] Toradora!

Junior Member Jinatious has a spectacular aura about Jinatious has a spectacular aura about Jinatious's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-07-2010 07:43 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default [Anime] Toradora!

Type:
    TV series - 25 Episodes

Genre: Comedy, Romance, Slice of Life.

Plot synopsis
    Ryuuji Takasu, a teenager who is starting his second year of high school. Often because of his face, he is thought of as a delinquent when in reality he is just an ordinary teenager (Who has a cleaning disorder). He meets a girl named Taiga Aisaka, who is the polar opposite of him. A doll like frame but a very violent (and powerful) girl with an ill temper. The two end up, after a string of unlikely events, finding out that they liked each others close friends respectively. This leads to Ryuuji and Taiga helping each other out, in this strange friendship.

Even though it is more like Taiga forcing Ryuuji to help her at first.

Story (9/10)
    This story, while seemingly predictable and cliche at first. Takes a 180 spin very quickly, making this a very memorable thing. The development of the story as the plot progressed was amazing, it felt natural and like everything was going the way it should. It follows the novel very closely, which may be why it was so successful. It keeps you guessing up to the very end.

Characters (10/10)
    The characters in Toradora seemed to have plenty of thought placed inside of them. The characters each have their own story and side to tell and it seemed like none of the main characters were left out. The thing that made Toradora really stand out, was that even the supporting characters had some depth to them. Enough to make the atmosphere seem perfected, that they aren't just generic friend #1 and generic friend #2 but much more deep than that.

Art/animation (10/10)
    The animation in Toradora was superb, the scenes were well drawn and very smooth. It had a nice natural feel to it and the background and characters can actually be breathe taking at times. While there were not many action scenes, when there were they ran smoothly and the art stayed consistent and didn't have choppiness.

Voice acting, music (10/10)
    The voice acting, while all in japanese so far was great. The voice actors really brings out the characters. The notable voice actress though is Taiga, who was the same voice actress who voiced other tsunderes like Shana ( Shakugan No Shana ) and Louise ( Zero No Tsukaima ). Though while she was only one, the rest of the cast seemed picture perfect to me...

Oh and the music? The music matched the mood as he went along, always adding to the volume of depth in the emotions you may have been feeling at the time. Be it happy or sad, it amplified it.

Overall (10/10)
    One of the best romantic comedy anime I have came across and this is saying a lot, coming from someone who have read or watched shows like Lovely Complex, Strawberry Panic, Kimikiss Pure Rouge, Ichigo 100%, Ouran Host Club, Clannad, Zero No Tsukama, Haruhi Suzumiya(If you count this), School Days(Urgh), Eureka Seven, Da Capo, Tokimeki Memorial Only Love, The Girl Who Leaps Through Time(Great Movie), REC, Bokuro Ga Ita.. Y'know, this list goes on and on. I have watched many romantic stuff in my life time, but this is one that shines and in my opinion is that carcoal covered diamond. I recommend anyone watch this if you remotely like romantic animes or anything that I listed, go on and watch this.

Reviewer Comment

This is my first thread, that says a lot.

Junior Member yohouseofreno is on a distinguished road yohouseofreno's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-03-2010 10:40 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sothisisawkward

First 10 in comments haha. I thought that everything in this anime was on point and i really liked how it built up until the very end of the show
    If you think that this is part of my post, you are mistaken for this is my signature

Member chibichibichibi has a reputation beyond repute chibichibichibi has a reputation beyond repute chibichibichibi has a reputation beyond repute chibichibichibi has a reputation beyond repute chibichibichibi has a reputation beyond repute chibichibichibi has a reputation beyond repute chibichibichibi has a reputation beyond repute chibichibichibi has a reputation beyond repute chibichibichibi has a reputation beyond repute chibichibichibi has a reputation beyond repute chibichibichibi has a reputation beyond repute chibichibichibi's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2010 01:10 PM
    Threads

I am -very- picky about the type of anime that I watch, and I would have to say that this anime is fabulous! I like how it sticks closely to themes revolving about the different types of love people normally would encounter. The beginning hooked me, and I was not able to put it down since. I think the character development is amazing, and I felt like their connection to each other was sincerely thought up. I would rate this PG 13 though, since there were some sexual innuendos that popped up now and then..of course you'd have to know what they meant in order to catch it.

Super love love love <3 ..obviously supported through my avatar ;D

Junior Member kyon. is on a distinguished road kyon.'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-12-2011 08:52 AM
    Threads

Thumbs up Re: [Anime] Toradora!

Story (10/10)
    Yes i agreed with Jinatious, Toradora was quite annoying in the beginning (i don't really like those kinds of violent tsundere girls), but as the story goes on it becomes more and more addictive. I really love how Taiga finally stops liking that megane-otoko and starts having that feeling for Ryuuji, it's just..... so sweet and it's also logical. And yap, one of the sweetest, the best romance series I've ever watched.

Characters (9/10)
    I love the character developments, and even though i don't like Taiga's personality in the beginning, she turned out to be gdmned sweet <3333

Art, animation (9/10)
    The art is quite fascinating, they could draw pretty girls but unfortunately not enough bishies? :< well i won't complain because in the end Ryuuji looked good anyways heehee. The animation is also good, and i also like the opening and ending song video.

Voice acting, music (10/10)
    I love the opening and ending songs, and the seiyuus did great job as well.

Overall (9,5/10, LOLWHUT)
    Toradora is seriously memorable and i've rewatched it numerous times. The story just gradually began to be sweeter, sweeter, and sweeter, and the characters' emotions could be showed nicely. I super duper love it, especially on how they ended the story, just not by those two running away, but everything's settled, once for forever <3333 a wonderful work!

Senior Member Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts Bleach Kon
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-17-2014 03:56 AM
    Threads

Default Re: [Anime] Toradora!

I am wathing this anime and going to complete soon, I really like the story amd palmtop tiger is really cute.

UnExpected....

Junior Member Stockgenius is on a distinguished road Stockgenius's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2013 12:29 PM
    Threads

This anime is funny. I like it!

Junior Member Fringie is on a distinguished road Fringie's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Mario Cheep Cheep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-15-2013 05:30 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Fringie2 Steam ID: boofarn

Great Anime but it did have a bit of an awful ending.. Sometimes the Anime was a bit over the top but otherwise the storyline etc was solid and good. I also liked the opening song o.O.

8. Likes Jasanime liked this post
    Senior Member Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja has a reputation beyond repute Thefringedninja's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Dr Who K9 Rainbow Ribbon Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-09-2014 10:27 AM
    Threads

I gave it 9/10 just because I really enjoyed how it didn't focus solely on romance, but had well-timed scenes of comedy.
    To be fair, any experienced shoujo comedy-romance anime viewer would be able to guess from the first episode how it was going to end up, but I liked how the relationships progressed throughout the series and left you feeling satisfied with the ending.
    ~Favourite Anime/manga~
    Ouran High School Host Club
    Death Note
    Sekaiichi Hatsukoi
    Junjou Romantica
    Naruto Shippuuden
    Bleach
    Hetalia
    Code Geass
    Fruits Basket
    D-GrayMan
    Hourou Musuko Wandering Son
    Sora to Hara
    Kuroko no Basuke
    Shingeki no Kyojin

Currently reading: Bleach and Naruto Ship, Shingeki no Kyojin, Kuroko no Basuke.
    Currently watching: Space Brothers, Golden Time, Kuroko no Basuke, Silver Spoon, Magi and Mobile Suit Gundam.

Moderator Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts Moon Crescent Wand Wine Kangaroo
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 04:32 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I was disappointed in the ending, but overall it was really enjoyable :-)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information