AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Re: ONLINE RP/C.O.D.

Thane of Mimics ShadowWalker has a reputation beyond repute ShadowWalker has a reputation beyond repute ShadowWalker has a reputation beyond repute ShadowWalker has a reputation beyond repute ShadowWalker has a reputation beyond repute ShadowWalker has a reputation beyond repute ShadowWalker has a reputation beyond repute ShadowWalker has a reputation beyond repute ShadowWalker has a reputation beyond repute ShadowWalker has a reputation beyond repute ShadowWalker has a reputation beyond repute ShadowWalker's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-07-2011 07:22 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Re: ONLINE RP/C.O.D.

True Believers!

As of SEPTEMBER 30th! There will be a table top gaming session held to test a number of theories concerning the ability of having table top rpgers working online. I have a number of mods and admins on board for this.

IMPORTANT.

Anyone interested, by all means! Post! I have a number of issues to hammer out as to how this might be able to work, so IF, and I say again...IF you want to play with a real character with a real sheet, then sign up. There are hopefully going to be enough games for everyone, and there will be more slots later on hopefully.

By September 30- Alpha Test. This is where we will be hammering out most of the more mundane details and logistics of how to run this manner of RP on a forum such as this. Psst! Never been done before! Patience is required! Either that....or body parts. Whichever!
    The slots for this game are filled, so if you want in on the next one, then speak up!

By 10-15-09, and that would be October for you lesser mortals, there will be a streamlined Beta test that should be able to used and squared away.

Characters will be ON a sheet! This is D&D, so there will be a number of things that the DM'S will have final say on. Unlike so many other things in life, when a dm says NO, that is the END of it. Period. No appeals. Welcome to my world! XD So!!! There will be a lot of good players and memorable times ahead!!

Characters can be assisted by either Nighthawk or myself, but they must be DONE, as in -------100%--- DONE by the appointed deadline. As for later games, there will be an archive done so people can submit as MANY as they want. We will get to them as soon as humanly possible.

All characters will be of demi-human status only( Humans, Elves are allowed, but no Drow or Eladrin, and Dwarves are allowed but no Derro, or Duergar.) Nothing lower then CN- Chaotic Neutral for Alignment and all characters start at level one.

You will NOT be starting with anything other then basic equipment, again cleared by DMs.

As for the end of the post, there was TOTALLY going to be a lot more. >.> But due to circumstances out of my control, I retreat now under MUCH more interesting things to tend too.......^^
    Last edited by ShadowWalker; 09-12-2009 at 05:52 AM.
    " I am the Walker of Shadows, the Stuff of Nightmares, and you have two choices pup, either you submit, or you die. Plain and simple, so decide, or I will for you; fair warning, I usually take the easy way out."

>:O I will blitz YOU! Nighthawk has a reputation beyond repute Nighthawk has a reputation beyond repute Nighthawk has a reputation beyond repute Nighthawk has a reputation beyond repute Nighthawk has a reputation beyond repute Nighthawk has a reputation beyond repute Nighthawk has a reputation beyond repute Nighthawk has a reputation beyond repute Nighthawk has a reputation beyond repute Nighthawk has a reputation beyond repute Nighthawk has a reputation beyond repute Nighthawk's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-02-2012 04:31 PM
    Threads

You can use this character generator, you can send the generated files to me (ill forward them to Dovi) or you mail them directly to him for review.

http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/03_get_pcgen.php
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.

GaruPan

>:O I will blitz YOU! Nighthawk has a reputation beyond repute Nighthawk has a reputation beyond repute Nighthawk has a reputation beyond repute Nighthawk has a reputation beyond repute Nighthawk has a reputation beyond repute Nighthawk has a reputation beyond repute Nighthawk has a reputation beyond repute Nighthawk has a reputation beyond repute Nighthawk has a reputation beyond repute Nighthawk has a reputation beyond repute Nighthawk has a reputation beyond repute Nighthawk's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

A quick explanation. This editor supports the core classes and prestige classes. Extraclasses from sourcebooks are not featured (unless you edit the ruleset). Dovis word on any char is final. Using core classes is suggested.

1. Start the program, there might be a problem for Vista users, in that case rightclick and check properties. The program will link to a bat file, delete bat and replace with jar.

2. Use 3.5 ruleset for players.

3. Click on File in upper left, once the rulefile has finished loading, select "New"

4. In Summary, you can enter name, alignment, race, class. Leave the stats blank for now, Shadow will review sentin files and give you your stats.

5. Race and class give you an overview about advantages/disadvantages of selected race and class. In class select the class again and enter the clothingset you are gonna use (just select anything, not really important)

6. Skills: read through skill descriptions and select those you want and raise their rank. You have only a certain amount of skillpoints.

7. Feats and abilities. Select a common feat and a feat of your class.^

8. For casters, buy your spellbook in equipment section, under category goods, then equip it. For a start, you can enter and use up to 500 gp (which kinda is alot, but therefore there is no predefined starting equipment).

9. Spellcasters then can enter their spells. Select higher level slots to be able to select spells above level 0 (you can select spells up to level 1).

10. Description, you can let your char have a pic and define parameters, biography.

11. Character sheet offer a preview. You can save your char, and print it then. I suggest saving the char and sending the file to dovi.

GaruPan

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I guess I'm interested, but I'd again like to throw out that I'm against the DM stat'n the characters, if for no other reason that you can't actually pick spells, figure hp, or assign skill points until you know your bonuses. I understand that you can't trust dice rolls over the internetosphere, but the point buy system outlined in the DMG and included as an option in PC Gen has the advantages of allowing players to finagle their stats without hidden internet dice rolls while still being fair, balanced, fast, and easy. All you'd have to do is tell us how many points we have to use and we could actually finish our character sheets.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Another tool

http://www.dmgenie.com/

Dmgenie/Playergenie can also be used, they also create a sheet and html files. And you can enter custom data. About Pcgen, it has the 3.5ed core rules, but doesnt support some extended Forgotten Realms stuff from sourcebooks. I can try find the Forgotten Realms datafiles for Pcgen, but Playergenie is also worth a try.

And yes Mp2k, i understand your point, but what DM says is law Lets just see how it works out for us.

GaruPan

Super Princess Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos's Avatar
    Gil
    Volatile
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-26-2010 03:11 AM
    Threads

I want in.

Thane of Mimics ShadowWalker has a reputation beyond repute ShadowWalker has a reputation beyond repute ShadowWalker has a reputation beyond repute ShadowWalker has a reputation beyond repute ShadowWalker has a reputation beyond repute ShadowWalker has a reputation beyond repute ShadowWalker has a reputation beyond repute ShadowWalker has a reputation beyond repute ShadowWalker has a reputation beyond repute ShadowWalker has a reputation beyond repute ShadowWalker has a reputation beyond repute ShadowWalker's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Alright! For the record! The points for stats will be done by the players, and it will be done by the following rules:

You will have 90 points total to spend. A MINIMUM of ten points per stat, (str, dex,con, etc,) and for your particular classes prime requisite, (IE- All classes have these, and generally there is one, that particular stat will receive the next highest stats, there might very well be two of these, so you will have to pick how you want those to be handled.

For the record, if you -want- to play a character that has a defected stat, it can be a LOT of fun, you just have to be willing to roll with it. ^_^ I have a dwarf with an intelligence of less then 10, and it's amazing, I never meant for him to live as long as he has, but he turned out to be one of my longest lived characters. So let me know if anyone has any "special needs" characters.

EXAMPLE If you have a fighter, and his prime requisite is strength, you will want that to be a 18, which is the MAX for the record as well. Next up, presume your race matters, which of course it does. If you take a dwarf, say
    a mountain dwarf, and you get a bonus to strength, which is a racial of say (+2), which brings it to 20. So you can max your stat at 18 and take it a step further.

I hope this is helpful for some of our new people. I prefer base races for our new people until they get the hang of it, as well, if you have some mod of a base race, let me know, there are TONS of variations. If you are new consider the base races the only thing that will be allowed at first. ^_^ If you have special ideas concerning your character, then by all means let me know. There are a LOT of things you can do for races that make the story all the more enriched. If anyone wants to scan through a monster manual or anything and let me know if there is a special plan you might have. ^_^ I love the unique. ALL players, experienced and otherwise can come to me with whatever you might need, or want.

Defects- These are things about your character that prove limitations can be a LOT of fun. Monks, priests and clerics for example, might have certain things that you might have to do. Certain sects of monks are not permitted to cut their hair, or might only be able to kill with their right hand just for examples. Every sect of monks have something, you should find out what these are, and then strive to make sure that you fulfill those requirements. Certain priests have to commune with their deity at a time of day that is special, or have specific things that cannot eat. Druids refuse to allow or tolerate someone having a pet for example. These are things that add depth to your character, and every character should have something. If you have your character, but are unclear about how to play the character with a specific set of defects, send me an pm or an email: [email protected]
    " I am the Walker of Shadows, the Stuff of Nightmares, and you have two choices pup, either you submit, or you die. Plain and simple, so decide, or I will for you; fair warning, I usually take the easy way out."

Super Princess Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos's Avatar
    Gil
    Volatile
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-26-2010 03:11 AM
    Threads

I'm thinking of using Amadeus for this.

Gil
    Bahahaha
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

http://search.4shared.com/network/se...=&searchmode=2

http://www.systemreferencedocuments....ge/basics.html

Both are links for character creation. The first is a link for reference materials in regards to characters.

The second link is a walk through about character creation. If there are any other questions, let me know! I am attacking characters this weekend, and the people that are playing will feel my wrath if they are not done.

I would like work with everyone concerning this. ^_^

Furthermore, I will be leaving my AIM open and On-Line all day. So, if you should have questions, then drop me a line, and prepare to work on characters, as soon as I see it open, I will stop what I am doing, and make your character my primary concern. Until then. ^_^
    Last edited by ShadowWalker; 09-26-2009 at 02:20 PM.

Moderator Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Gurren Kamina Glasses Umbrella Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2010 08:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lavos View Post
    I'm thinking of using Amadeus for this.
    Rock me?

Gil
    Bahahaha
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Change of plans People! Alpha Test will be on Friday October 2nd at 6pm EST.

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Sorry, I can't make that. I'm working to 8p and then heading straight into WoW. Wendsdays and Fridays are both raid nights in my guild.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Closed Thread

Thread Information