AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Two kanji symbols..please help me

Junior Member lily6 is on a distinguished road lily6's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-04-2009 01:49 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Two kanji symbols..please help me

Hello! I was wondering if anyone could help me with these 2 kanji:

I'm interested what it means put together (if it means something at all). I know the first symbol is "shi" (i took it out of tenshi which means angel - but what it means standing by itself?) and the second symbol is "umi" which means ocean/sea. But what I don't know is what those 2 kanji mean together..please write me all the possible meanings, I'd be really grateful. Thank you

P.S. i like the symbols and i'd like to tattoo them so please,please help with the meaning of both together

Member milenium3 has much to be proud of milenium3 has much to be proud of milenium3 has much to be proud of milenium3 has much to be proud of milenium3 has much to be proud of milenium3 has much to be proud of milenium3 has much to be proud of milenium3 has much to be proud of milenium3's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-03-2010 02:26 PM
    Threads

sorry,I don't know the meaning but"shi"was "death" too, wasn't it?
    ore-tachi no mirai wa doko e tone yuku no darou ka? http://www.frozenflamestreetblog.blogspot.com/

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

yes, "shi" is also death, but not this symbol. the death symbol is:

and it's pretty different from the one i want

みんなで歌おうよ!
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-14-2013 06:58 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

The first one is 使 (use), and the second one is 海 (sea). I'm not sure if they can be grouped together, though.

Anyway, here are their definitions in Denshi Jisho:

http://www.jisho.org/kanji/details/%E4%BD%BF
    http://www.jisho.org/kanji/details/%E6%B5%B7

These pages include complete information about the Kanji, including their meaning, reading, radicals, etc.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

thank you

Gam Zeh Ya'Avor loveyourfate has a reputation beyond repute loveyourfate has a reputation beyond repute loveyourfate has a reputation beyond repute loveyourfate has a reputation beyond repute loveyourfate has a reputation beyond repute loveyourfate has a reputation beyond repute loveyourfate has a reputation beyond repute loveyourfate has a reputation beyond repute loveyourfate has a reputation beyond repute loveyourfate has a reputation beyond repute loveyourfate has a reputation beyond repute loveyourfate's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-02-2009 06:15 AM
    Threads

I second that... I don't think they can be grouped together as compounds in Japanese.
    I'm pretty sure it's possible in Chinese though, but they'd have to be grouped together with a couple of other kanji. At least that's what I think...
    In chinese they'd be pronounced shǐ​ and hǎi​ by the way, just in case you were interested .

"This is the unalterable difference in strength, the distinction that separates the elite from the failure. This is the unchangeable reality."
    -Hyuga Neji-

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

thanks I like both symbols so much and it's too bad they're meaningless together =/

みんなで歌おうよ!
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-14-2013 06:58 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Well, true. Actually, I did some Google search yesterday, and I found those two Kanji in the compound 手使海, which is pronounced teshikai* in Japanese. That appears to be a name of a company or something, but I don't really know what it means.

*like loveyourfate said, 使 was originally hǎi​ in Chinese, but that reading became kai when the Japanese imported Kanji from China. This kind of change in reading is common, in fact. For example, in the word "Kanji" itself, Kan was originally Han.

Closed Thread

Thread Information