AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: China bans electroshock therapy in treatment against internet addiction

boopaloop! None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Xmas Tree Lamborghini Grapes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-01-2011 03:21 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default China bans electroshock therapy in treatment against internet addiction

Apparently in April 2009 China has seen a harsh debate and application on guidelines defining and dealing with internet addiction.

Four months later serious abuses such as the electroshock therapy have been used in so called 'Summer camps'/ 'Trainings camps'.
    The governmental response was to ban this kind of therapy. Link

In August though, Deng Senhan (a teenager who spent 1,5hours-2hours daily on the internet) was beaten to death

DO NOT click the next link if you don't want to be confronted with real blood and gore. Not for the faint-hearted.Detailed article.

Different reports affirm different guidelines. Internet addicts are supposedly spending more than 7 hours before the computer (other sources say 4) and as western psychologists argue it is a problem which ensued out of either the new freedom gained once escaped under the pressure within the family house or exactly the pressure itself.

This seems to be an effect of family policy and cultural norming in the particular case of China, although I would not state that this would be an exclusively Chinese problem.

Also, the installed guidelines seem to be a bogus the Chinese government has been pulling on 10 million teenagers in order to educate them to loyal followers of the Party.

Your opinion on this matter... is?

Edit: after reading the first replies I find it as necessary to add some more info, since apparently no one bothered reading those articles.

It is regrettable that in the case of Deng Senshan, he went to the said Training Camp in accord with his own will and his parents' wish to get a 'clearing' before pursuing a new step of his education. Everything started out as these kind of camps have advertised for their 'services' to read the youth of bad habits as the overusage of internet which accordingly to Chinese propaganda and government is just a symptom of rising criminality and moral decline.
    Thus quite normal Chinese citizens are getting deceived in their struggle for rising social status through education and sending their children most likely not to a correcting facility where they are getting helped but into serious traumatic experiences.
    Last edited by None of the above; 08-27-2009 at 09:18 AM. Reason: More info

Actually bigger than you. miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Violin Cds
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2013 07:01 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: miniPhil

My opinion is 'thank god I don't live in China'. Getting beaten to death for spending 1-2 hours daily on the net is a horrible thing to imagine when you spend several hours more yourself.
    Last edited by miniPhil; 08-27-2009 at 07:57 AM. Reason: Forgot to spell check.
    This is a Sig. It's horribly out of date.

Rising Falcon! Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Xmas Tree Present Gurren Kamina Glasses
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-01-2017 11:40 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ErraticKyosuke

In August though, Deng Senhan (a teenager who spent 1,5hours-2hours daily on the internet) was beaten to death
    Damn...

If they did that to the poor guy, then they'd flamethrower me for how long I spend on the net.
    I now know what hell sounds like; I recommend a tactical nuclear strike on my position. Tell my family I love them.

Senior Member Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet has a reputation beyond repute Alphabet's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Gifts Kawaiislice
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-25-2012 04:29 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I spend a lot more hours on the internet than any other activity. I'm glad I live in America with our so-called freedom.
    ooshy ooshy ooshy
    Website|Deviantart
    Msn, email, icq, Facebook? Ask

Senior Member Negi has a reputation beyond repute Negi has a reputation beyond repute Negi has a reputation beyond repute Negi has a reputation beyond repute Negi has a reputation beyond repute Negi has a reputation beyond repute Negi has a reputation beyond repute Negi has a reputation beyond repute Negi has a reputation beyond repute Negi has a reputation beyond repute Negi has a reputation beyond repute Negi's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-25-2018 03:06 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: saintalexial

That's terrible. I used to be online in one sitting for at least five hours. I think China is just trying to find more ways to reduce their population.
    I am too connected to you
    To slip away, fade away.
    Days away I still feel you
    Touching me, changing me,

Considerately killing me.

At the opera tonight? Seraphemei has a reputation beyond repute Seraphemei has a reputation beyond repute Seraphemei has a reputation beyond repute Seraphemei has a reputation beyond repute Seraphemei has a reputation beyond repute Seraphemei has a reputation beyond repute Seraphemei has a reputation beyond repute Seraphemei has a reputation beyond repute Seraphemei has a reputation beyond repute Seraphemei has a reputation beyond repute Seraphemei has a reputation beyond repute Seraphemei's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-03-2009 02:24 PM
    Threads

That's just scary... Like many of the above posters, I also spend quite a lot of time online... We really are lucky.

boopaloop! None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Xmas Tree Lamborghini Grapes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-01-2011 03:21 AM
    Threads

Please refer to the OP for more information. Replies that happen to be longer than 2 lines are seriously appreciated .

Faded Existence Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein* has a reputation beyond repute Rein*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Gifts Favorite
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-26-2013 02:44 PM
    Threads

I'm not sure what to say ..as you pointed out i'm not actually going to read the detailed articles which i probably should..however it is only going spell out more underhanded and dispicable things so whats the point.. I have to say though that when dealing with a communist nation one has to eb very careful not to be takne out of context..

So here goes, I am happy I'm a jamaican and not chinese though I have chinese friends that go home to visit relatives quite frequenly so thi sdoes worry me because they're still mostly teenagers and can be sucked into the web that has been wooven by th egovernment. It is unfortunate that more cannot be done to manage the curtrent regime in China but as they become more Power on the world stage, even though more things come to light about their skewed governance, very little can really be done to fix it..Attempts have been made as I know from watching some amount of the news but still it seems that the other powerhouses are trying to keep things amicable and are therefore turning away from many other vile acts that are being persued.

As you can se I probably can ontnue on for a while but i'll just end by saying..Communism isn't such a bad thing when it is ruled by a gentle soul but with power hungry men at the helm it is an equivalent to hell on earth..WHY DID THEY DECIDE TO BAN IT? WHO MADE THEM?I'm just wondering...
    Last edited by Rein*; 08-27-2009 at 09:48 AM.

Serenith's Mooples Celes Victoria has a reputation beyond repute Celes Victoria has a reputation beyond repute Celes Victoria has a reputation beyond repute Celes Victoria has a reputation beyond repute Celes Victoria has a reputation beyond repute Celes Victoria has a reputation beyond repute Celes Victoria has a reputation beyond repute Celes Victoria has a reputation beyond repute Celes Victoria has a reputation beyond repute Celes Victoria has a reputation beyond repute Celes Victoria has a reputation beyond repute Celes Victoria's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-28-2009 10:51 AM
    Threads

Its China. -shrug-

We tend to believe that this is the way to knock addictions and stuff off. Through strict and harsh means. Sometimes inhumane. Of course, being China, they do tend to cover things such as this up. Won't be the first ever case.

At least, i'm happy that i lived in HK and not mainland China, and i won't ever be staying in Mainland, ever. Communism isn't my thing.

Senior Member Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pokedex 025 - Pikachu
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-05-2012 01:07 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well this topic is a issue no matter what country it takes place in. Though it dose not surprise me in the least. When the Chinese government wants something or wants something do they get it done and quick.
    Gero Server Guru

Senior Member Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-21-2019 12:10 AM
    Threads

The Inter-zapper!

I need to get me one of those. I loose track of time when ever the blue hue of the monitor kicks in.
    Sure Wish I had a little dvd player on my forklift at work... no, wait, that would be dangerous.

Junior Member ddemetrius456 is on a distinguished road ddemetrius456's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-24-2011 01:01 AM
    Threads

It's very terrible one.keep up posting.thanks

boopaloop! 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-20-2011 12:53 PM
    Threads

this reminds me of that serbian monastery where they cured the drug addicts by beating the crap out of them.

Simple Truth CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-04-2010 02:07 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well, internet addiction is indeed a problem for this new generation. It is the undeniable truth. Though I myself maybe guilty on this part, still, China's such brain washing tactics is highly condemnable. The poor dead guy was probably just a guinea pig of some of their wild experimental treatments.

Quote Originally Posted by 3pleT View Post
    this reminds me of that serbian monastery where they cured the drug addicts by beating the crap out of them.
    Now I can see where the Chinese government got such a brilliant idea. And here I thought, they were just bloody atheists.
    "To do is to be" - Descartes, "To be is to do" - Voltaire, "Do be do be do" - Sinatra.

NOTHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY

Awaken Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Mario 1-Up Mushroom Aria Neko Mario Piranha Plant
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2022 04:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

China has been getting better over the years little by little. The best thing to do is just stay on they're good side until major improvements start to happen. If I had to make a prediction, within the next 20-30 years China is going to soften to moderate means, and will have become massively involed in international affairs.
    The Brighter the Light the Darker the Shadow

They should have named it Doom4 or something DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Binoculars Kawaiislice Medkit
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2023 04:46 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Ericgamer1 View Post
    China has been getting better over the years little by little. The best thing to do is just stay on they're good side until major improvements start to happen. If I had to make a prediction, within the next 20-30 years China is going to soften to moderate means, and will have become massively involed in international affairs.
    By that time, they won't even need to be so restricted; it'll be raining honey and gold-nugget hailstorms in China.
    All I see is that China hates addictions. They'll InstaGib you if you sniff a little coke, and it's left to pure fantasy and imagination in terms of what will happen when they deem you addicted to Internet.

It's never safe to turn off your computer - Silent Strike

boopaloop! 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-20-2011 12:53 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.McDoom!: Reloaded View Post
    By that time, they won't even need to be so restricted; it'll be raining honey and gold-nugget hailstorms in China.
    All I see is that China hates addictions. They'll InstaGib you if you sniff a little coke, and it's left to pure fantasy and imagination in terms of what will happen when they deem you addicted to Internet.

They should have named it Doom4 or something DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Binoculars Kawaiislice Medkit
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2023 04:46 AM
    Threads

No, no, no, the context is all wrong, and they don't speak engrish, either.
    There! I took the time to wrap one up for the example.

It's never safe to turn off your computer - Silent Strike

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Yeh, I don't like where this thread has headed. Just because a country has disagreeable policies (what country doesn't?) doesn't mean it's okay to unload a truckload of racist prejudices in the thread.

Also, it's probably technically in violation of the site terms of agreement. So I'mma drop the hammer on this one.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Closed Thread

Thread Information