AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: [Tutorial - Photoshop] Evangelion Style Logo

Member isaacsol has a reputation beyond repute isaacsol has a reputation beyond repute isaacsol has a reputation beyond repute isaacsol has a reputation beyond repute isaacsol has a reputation beyond repute isaacsol has a reputation beyond repute isaacsol has a reputation beyond repute isaacsol has a reputation beyond repute isaacsol has a reputation beyond repute isaacsol has a reputation beyond repute isaacsol has a reputation beyond repute isaacsol's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-27-2009 11:24 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default [Tutorial - Photoshop] Evangelion Style Logo

Just wanted to share a new method I have found to creating the logo from the anime Neon Genesis Evangelion (Copyright Gainax 1995). This method is simple, when it comes to writing text in Japanese, I will post the Kanji here if you cannot type it.

In this tutorial, I will be recreating the logo. I used Photoshop CS4 for this tutorial, though I know that it should work fine in CS2 and CS3.

Step 1:

Make a new canvas and set it to the dimensions 640x480 and make sure that the background is black.

Step 2:

Click on the text option and set the font to Times New Roman and write EVVGELION. After you have written that, invert the second V to look like an A without the middle line. You can use two layers aligned if you cannot flip the letter. You should have this.

Step 3:

This is the hardest bit, the strangely shaped Katakana spelling Evangerion. Create a new layer and name it Evangerion. For this, you can set the background layer to not-visable and set an image of the logo so you can use the path tool to trace the logo. If you do not wish to, you can just draw it from memory. When you have finished that, use the path to make a selection of 1px, click the marquee tool and right click and choose fill. Use any colour as we will be using an effect in a sec. This is what you should have.

Step 4:

Right click the Evangerion layer and choose 'Blending Options' and check Gradient overlay and set it to look similar to this:

Click okay and you should have this:

Step 5:

This is the last step, now you need to add the Kanji which says Shin Seiki which means New Era/Century, or Neon Genesis. For those who can type in hiragana, type shinseiki then press space. If not, here is the Kanji: 新世紀
    Now, when you type it in, the best font I think is MS Mincho. Once typed, open the characters and paragraphs palette. Highlight all the text and using the palette, set the font size to 47.78pt and the tracking (bottom right setting above the first horizontal rule) to -70. When you see the list of different styles represented by a T, choose the one onf the far left (Faux Bold). Center the Kanji and you are done, you should have this as a result.

If you wish to crop the image done so that there are no large black spaces at the bottom and top, feel free. You can use this method to make other logos in the style of Evangelion.

If you need any help, feel free to post it here.
    Last edited by isaacsol; 08-26-2009 at 04:04 AM.

Closed Thread

Thread Information