AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Not quite the usual question - Japan living

Ace Kaitous YOU Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Hat Rayman Baboon With A Gun Bioshock Syringe
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-23-2024 09:22 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: kaitou ace42 PSN ID: kaitou42 Steam ID: kaitou_ace

Default Not quite the usual question - Japan living

Apologies for being fairly offtopic here, but I have a question that I thought is best posed here.

So in October, I will be going to Japan for a month (Oct 27 - Nov 27). I know there are some people here who live in Tokyo, so I want to ask if you know any resources for an apartment, or possibly a guest house of some sort in Tokyo, pref Ikebukuro area or thereabouts.

I have some sites I am looking at also, but if a local has any ideas, I'd love to hear them ^_^

みんなで歌おうよ!
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-14-2013 06:58 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

I'm not living in Japan, but I could suggest something really good for you. If you have Google Earth, just jump to Tokyo, and from the left panel, check Geographic Web and Places of Interest. You will see a lot of hotels and other places for tourists along with phone numbers, web pages, everything.. I think you can rent a room even before you arrive Japan. You can even plan where you want to buy your stuff from after you arrive.

Anyway, have nice trip

Kattie41 has a reputation beyond repute Kattie41 has a reputation beyond repute Kattie41 has a reputation beyond repute Kattie41 has a reputation beyond repute Kattie41 has a reputation beyond repute Kattie41 has a reputation beyond repute Kattie41 has a reputation beyond repute Kattie41 has a reputation beyond repute Kattie41 has a reputation beyond repute Kattie41 has a reputation beyond repute Kattie41 has a reputation beyond repute Kattie41's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-15-2009 03:17 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Hello! I lived in Tokyo and Warabi for six months. The best options suggested by university were DK House Warabi (it is about 20 min by train to Ikebukuro from Nishikawaguchi station) and Sakura House (which has a location in Ikebukuro).

Websites:
    Sakura House: http://www.sakura-house.com/
    DK House: http://www.e-guesthouse.com/warabi/en/

DK House was pretty loud ^^* but if you like to party, then you'll have plenty of opportunities! (and it is cheap!)

If you want to go to DK House, I have lots of resources for you.

Though, since you are going for such a short period (sorry, I missed the dates!), I think a hostel might be best:
    http://www.hosteljapan.com/

But make sure to check out DK House because I was only there for two months and that still worked! It seemed like people could rent for the month only and you can easily get your deposit back. Hope that helped a little..
    Last edited by Kattie41; 08-25-2009 at 09:44 PM.
    El viento de la noche gira en el cielo y canta.

The night wind spins in the sky and sings.

-Pablo Neruda ("Puedo Escribir Los Versos Más Tristes Esta Noche")

dabura667 has a reputation beyond repute dabura667 has a reputation beyond repute dabura667 has a reputation beyond repute dabura667 has a reputation beyond repute dabura667 has a reputation beyond repute dabura667 has a reputation beyond repute dabura667 has a reputation beyond repute dabura667 has a reputation beyond repute dabura667 has a reputation beyond repute dabura667 has a reputation beyond repute dabura667 has a reputation beyond repute dabura667's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-29-2012 01:16 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

you can rent apartments on a daily or weekly basis.

I have used a place called

東京マンスリーマンションプラザ
    http://www.1just-monthly.com/

Their English ability is limited but they have an English contract and whatnot... however I would suggest that you have some Japanese ability. Oh, and the site is in Japanese.

it is expensive, but it includes unlimited high speed internet, TV, Free utilities (Water, Gas, Electricity)

(I am paying about $150 a month just on those things alone... well, in the summer anyways, and I'm trying to cut down on electricity... but you can use all that all you want for free)

and you can rent on a daily or weekly or monthly basis without a guarantor (however there is a $500 deposit you get back when you leave) which guarantors are required for foreigners in Japan... and usually are rejected unless it's your Japanese spouse... which sucks for those who don't have one (my company is the guarantor of my apartment though now...)

this is expensive... but you will have your own apartment for a month, and no one will bother you, and you can invite people in and whatnot... hostels and hotels and the like have rules... if you protect the BASIC rules of this company (which are all common sense things) you can come and go whenever.

to give you an idea of what you'd be spending...

http://www.1just-monthly.com/area/ik...ukuro/091.html

This one is near ikebukuro...

30days (1 month) would be...

$1767.93 spent

$538.21 deposit (returned after leaving)

money you gotta pay to them upfront= a whopping $2,306.14

but an apartment near ikebukuro would end up costing a little less than that, but without furniture or internet or a tv or utilities...

so if you have the money and want to live in your own apartment for only one month... there you go...
    「意味分かんねぇ」が口癖
    エロゲに興味無いんだよ!(´・ω・`)mjd

Closed Thread

Thread Information