AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Submitting headache...

みんなで歌おうよ!
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-14-2013 06:58 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Thumbs up Submitting headache...

Hello,

I have submitted a song that is sung in English, and then I submitted an official Japanese translation of that song (in Kanji). And now I have transliterated the Kanji and I want to submit it. The only problem is that when I submitted the original English lyrics, I placed them in the "Main" field, which should be used for Romaji. And now my only option if I want to submit the Romaji is by using the "Submit English translation" link.

Is is OK if I use that link? (providing that I did NOT take the English translation test, which means that my ONLY option is to submit it as an official English translation O_o)

Yeah, that'd be super-breaking the rules. If I can't, at least can I PM the admin (probably AzureDark) with the lyrics and ask him to put them there for me??

The song link is:
    http://www.animelyrics.com/doujin/sy.../eversince.htm

In fact, the site displays the Romaji and the English translation together. This makes no sense when viewing an English song. So, is there a way to make the site display the English translation alone, and display the Romaji in the Kanji page?

If this is not possible currently, please consider this as a suggestion. This will be useful for songs like this (originally English, but translated to Japanese).

紺碧の闇
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Little Big Planet Sackboy Neko Tv Prinny
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-05-2019 07:48 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: azutsukimiya

It's not a rare occurrence that a song in English has a Japanese translation in the CD booklet. But would anyone really need a translit of that? What is sung is in English after all. Would they also want a translation of the Japanese translation?

I know that this would mean it wouldn't be appropriate to put down the first field as the "romaji" field, there are quite a number of transliterations of songs in other foreign languages in the site, and also it means people have to be quizzed on their Japanese even if they want to put up non-Japanese songs. But these non-Japanese songs are usually handled separately; that's the admin's job more or less. I swear, putting up those fidgety umlauts and circumflexes cause more havoc than this.

Just stick with what language it is sung in, no matter if the original language doesn't make any sense.

The reason why Kanji is in a separate page is because of encoding issues. The system isn't built on fully S-JIS pages.
    Last edited by AzureDark; 08-15-2009 at 12:22 PM.

...so that you know where you can find me

みんなで歌おうよ!
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-14-2013 06:58 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

So, is that a "yes" or "no"?

Quote Originally Posted by AzureDark View Post
    It's not a rare occurrence that a song in English has a Japanese translation in the CD booklet. But would anyone really need a translit of that? What is sung is in English after all. Would they also want a translation of the Japanese translation?
    "Anyone" certainly wouldn't need it, but someone who's learning Japanese would. It always helps to see a transliterated version of the Kanji lyrics.

紺碧の闇
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Little Big Planet Sackboy Neko Tv Prinny
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-05-2019 07:48 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: azutsukimiya

It always helps to see a transliterated version of the Kanji lyrics.
    But you don't need it to sing it.

I can see where you're going, even though it's against my philosophy, but the site design just doesn't allow you to do this.

Tell you what, why don't you just give me the translit through PM and I'll stick it on the kanji page under the kanji lyrics.

...so that you know where you can find me

Closed Thread

Thread Information