AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Sino-Korean Vocabularies?? (Actually from Japanese)

Junior Member [U.S.N]Senkan_California is a glorious beacon of light [U.S.N]Senkan_California is a glorious beacon of light [U.S.N]Senkan_California is a glorious beacon of light [U.S.N]Senkan_California is a glorious beacon of light [U.S.N]Senkan_California is a glorious beacon of light [U.S.N]Senkan_California is a glorious beacon of light [U.S.N]Senkan_California's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-17-2009 08:25 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Sino-Korean Vocabularies?? (Actually from Japanese)

There are too many common thing between Japanese and Korean.
    Grammar, Vocabulary, etc....

Especially most of modern Sino-Korean Vocabularies are from Japanese.

This is a thread written by who studies Korean....

I already started the all about Korean/Japanese post, here's a different take on Korean! In a survivalphrases.com lesson, we learnt 이것 is 'this' and 저것 is 'that', if I remember correctly. It just hit me like a bolt from the sky: 这个 and 那个!The other one I learned the other day was 모자 = 帽子!매일 = 每日! 'Tomorrow' also has 日/일 but I'm not sure what the first kanji/hanzi/hanja is. I just thought I'd start a thread where difficult grammar points could be explained by 'oh, it's just like x in Chinese'. I actually found a book here in Shanghai where the Hanja were shown along side the Hangul. It was really helpful since they sound so similar to standard Beijing readings of the Hanja. Maybe because Korea is so close to where the standard dialect of Chinese originated. Do most people in Korea know the Hanja/Hanzi/kanji for various words? One final tidbit: at one of China's big political gatherings, representatives of all the many minority groups were invited, and some groups were from such remote areas of China that they needed translators. One of these ethnic groups was from North East China, and spoke Korean! So I think Korean is one of the official recognised dialects of China.
    出所:http://www.koreanclass101.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=77&highlight=%E6%BC%A2%E5%AD%97
    Well... Some people think that Sino-Korean vocabularies are from Mandarin-Chinese <- I'm sure that's mistake.

(Right, it's true that ancient China created sino-ideogram (or Han zi (漢字))
    But since 19th century, it was Japan that created 'modern' Sino-Japanese vocabularies for the modernization of Japan.)

Actually, currently most of modern Sino-Korean vocabularies are from Sino-Japanese.

For example... It's an Asahi article I 'randomly' chose...  

AP通信によると、CDCは米国で7万人が死亡したアジア風邪(1957年)のデータを基礎に、新型対応のワクチン接種効果がみられないなど最悪のケースを想定して計算。CDCのシュキャット博士は「私たちはこうした想定にどう向き合うべきかを話し合ってきた。ただ、今はそこまで休業率は高くならないと思っている」と述べた。  同日のまとめでは、米国で新型インフルエンザ感染確認された人は4万3771人で死者は302人。同博士は「氷山一角」としており、夏休期間中児童・生徒が参加する夏季キャンプで「多数感染が起きている」と話した。

When traslated into Korean (Kanji-Hangul Mixture, so called Kuk-Hanmun(国漢文)) (For who cannot read Kanji in Korean, I wrote Korean Pronouncations)  

AP通信(통신)에 의하면、CDC는 米国(미국)에 7万人(만인)이 死亡(사망)했던 아시아 감기(1957年)의 데이타를 基礎(기초)로 、新型対応(신형대응)의 백신接種(접종)의 効果(효과)가 보이지 않는 등 最悪(최악)의 케이스를 想定(상정)하여 計算(계산)。CDC의 슈캿토 博士(박사)는「우리들의 그러한 想定(상정)에 어떻게 對應(대응)하는가를 서로 이야기해 왔다。다만、只今(지금)거기까지 休業率(휴업율)은 높게 되지는 않을 것이라고 생각하고 있다.」고  그날의 結論(결론)에는、米国(미국)에 新型(신형)인플루엔자 感染(감염)이 確認(확인)된 사람은4万(만)3771人(인)이고 死亡者(사망자)는 302人(인)。博士(박사)는「氷山(빙산)의 一角(일각)」이라 하면서、여름放學(방학)期間中(기간중)、児童(아동)・学生(학생)이 参加(참가)하는 夏季(하계)캠프에서 「多数(다수)의 感染(감염)이 일어났다」고 하였다。

Of course, like 敍述(서술), 生徒(せいと)( ->学生(학생)), 夏休(なつやすみ)(->여름放學(방학)) there can be some difference of vocabularies..
    But as you can see(the bold text) , most of Sino-Korean vocabularies are same with those in Japanses article.
    死亡者, 結論 is not in that original Japanese articles, but those words are also possibly in Japanese dictionary. On the other hand, I tried to read Mandarin Chinese....

EFSA發現,立頓紅茶所聲稱的“提神”功能實際上並不存在。立頓所屬公司聯合利華昨日向《每日經濟新聞》 強調,立頓在中國的宣傳完全符合國家法規。   據英國媒體報道,EFSA發言人表示,該機構檢驗了生產商提供的証明各自產品功效的 “科學依據”,但 在大多數情況下這些依據並不足以支撐生產商的宣傳 。。。。

The result? Of course, Failed to understand ...

Somehow If Koreans use Kanji again, like 30 years ago, maybe Japanese can read Korean newspaper easier.. And Japaneses and Koreans can communicate easier...

出処:http://ijnsoryu.blogspot.com/2009/07...all-about.html

Junior Member noobee is a splendid one to behold noobee is a splendid one to behold noobee is a splendid one to behold noobee is a splendid one to behold noobee is a splendid one to behold noobee is a splendid one to behold noobee is a splendid one to behold noobee's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-29-2009 03:41 PM
    Threads

wow... interesting!

Is A Girl ;)
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    LavaBug has a reputation beyond repute LavaBug has a reputation beyond repute LavaBug has a reputation beyond repute LavaBug has a reputation beyond repute LavaBug has a reputation beyond repute LavaBug has a reputation beyond repute LavaBug has a reputation beyond repute LavaBug has a reputation beyond repute LavaBug has a reputation beyond repute LavaBug has a reputation beyond repute LavaBug has a reputation beyond repute LavaBug's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-14-2014 10:22 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Excuse my stupidity...but not only can't I speak the slightest bit of Korean (others here might however) but I kinda fail to see the relevance of this thread...

If you wanna describe how interesting the relations between the written languages are (to which I agree), and wanna have a discussion about it, maybe you could do it in a less overwhelming and more organized way?

Closed Thread

Thread Information