AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: My Japanese coach, Learning Japanese is now portible

Junior Member chithanh119 is on a distinguished road chithanh119's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-09-2009 08:12 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default My Japanese coach, Learning Japanese is now portible

A few weeks ago, I bought My Japanese coach for the DS to see if it would go well to aide me with the language. Turns out that this game is super execellent!!!!

The lessions take at least 30 mins to complete and each tutorial comes jam pack with fun interactive games to enhance your experinces with gameplay!!!

There's even a video I made for Youtube for gaming review just search

"My Japanese coach kairosan style"

Have anyone attempted to play this game?? It's a must!!!

Jumonji Baka Kawaii IV
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2009 09:27 AM
    Threads

Here's my problem with the game: it focuses too much on romaji.

So you know that placement test at the beginning? I took it and it pushes you to lesson 11. I thought "cool, that's handy". However, they're still teaching hiragana and katakana at lesson 11. The kana should be the very first thing you learn before even learning words. The writing is awful. With さ you generally write it with a disconnected bottom line, but it's typed connected. This game forces you to copy the typing form, forcing your handwriting to less native. And where's the kanji? Why doesn't it display kanji? Kanji is absolutely essential to any Japanese student.

And don't even get me started about the mini-games. Most of them are useless. Even for beginners, I can't call this game an effective tool. I would love to go into it more, but I can't. This explains all the flaws much more clearly.

深く根ざした||傷は消えない
    Hide it, Hide it, Hide me

Pointlessly #7D26CD Mrpurple has a reputation beyond repute Mrpurple has a reputation beyond repute Mrpurple has a reputation beyond repute Mrpurple has a reputation beyond repute Mrpurple has a reputation beyond repute Mrpurple has a reputation beyond repute Mrpurple has a reputation beyond repute Mrpurple has a reputation beyond repute Mrpurple has a reputation beyond repute Mrpurple has a reputation beyond repute Mrpurple has a reputation beyond repute Mrpurple's Avatar
    Gil
    Crappy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-07-2011 06:12 PM
    Threads

I dont even now why I bought the game when I could get Rosetta stone free the ds game does focus too much on romanji I dont think its a very good tool.
    Does that mean relationships are delicious like pie?

I'm loveing it!

Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts Clannad Botan Snowman Neko Tv
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2020 10:22 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: rizuchan01 PSN ID: rizuchan01 Steam ID: rizuchan

I bought it out of curiosity and for the most part I'm okay with it. If anything I've learned some vocab out of it.

I don't know that I would recommend it to someone without prior lessons in Japanese, though. I agree with most of Penguin-san's points (Though I've always had the habit of writing my さs connected, the stroke order I learned for よ is different from the game and it always throws a fit about that) My biggest peave with it is that in the initial lesson on verbs, it gets informal and formal verbs mixed up, fixes them in the first half of the second lesson and then gets them wrong again, or something like that. I recognized it right away, but I can't imagine how confusing that would be for someone who hadn't learned that sort of thing yet!

And where's the kanji? Why doesn't it display kanji? Kanji is absolutely essential to any Japanese student.
    It does introduce kanji eventually, just later than it probably should and not as much as it should.

Jumonji Baka Kawaii IV
    Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2009 09:27 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Rizuchan View Post
    (Though I've always had the habit of writing my さs connected, the stroke order I learned for よ is different from the game and it always throws a fit about that)
    Oh don't worry, it was only this year that I learned that s are more commonly not connected. And yes! Your よ is correct, trust me. The stroke order for it is wrong in the game.

It's not completely horrible. Some of the vocab was pretty nice. Except for the fact that they didn't tell you the dictionary form of the words. I had people asking me, how do you conjugate "元気な", because the game taught them that the word was "元気"
    . Just another one of my peeves in the game.

深く根ざした||傷は消えない
    Hide it, Hide it, Hide me

Junior Member noobee is a splendid one to behold noobee is a splendid one to behold noobee is a splendid one to behold noobee is a splendid one to behold noobee is a splendid one to behold noobee is a splendid one to behold noobee is a splendid one to behold noobee's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-29-2009 03:41 PM
    Threads

wow nice! i have to get one soon

Junior Member ranma9090 is on a distinguished road ranma9090's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-25-2009 09:33 AM
    Threads

Post the truth is

kenji isnt realy japanese at all the truth is the other two fars are but kenji is actualy chinese the truth is i have a pen pall in japan he says every one he knows carys a kenji dictinary so its almost imposible to memorize all kenji because every simbol in kenji is a word now emagin learning a diferent symbol for every word and a nother thing romenji iswester form japanese writing it was made to aid in translations to western languige
    and to quote uncle from jackie chan one more thing japan branched off of china thousands of years ago so just think about what i sayed
    i know i mispelled some words i'me tired right now so sew me

Senior Member Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts 025 - Pikachu Ceiling Cat Albatross
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-19-2014 02:52 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I learned both chinese and japanese and kanji is used in both languages if you write them.

dabura667 has a reputation beyond repute dabura667 has a reputation beyond repute dabura667 has a reputation beyond repute dabura667 has a reputation beyond repute dabura667 has a reputation beyond repute dabura667 has a reputation beyond repute dabura667 has a reputation beyond repute dabura667 has a reputation beyond repute dabura667 has a reputation beyond repute dabura667 has a reputation beyond repute dabura667 has a reputation beyond repute dabura667's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-29-2012 01:16 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

not to mention outright misspellings and mismatched words...

some words are incorrect, flat out...

its good for absolute beginners who know NOTHING about the game and want to learn basic vocabulary.

you also misspelled portable...
    「意味分かんねぇ」が口癖
    エロゲに興味無いんだよ!(´・ω・`)mjd

Anyaaa has a reputation beyond repute Anyaaa has a reputation beyond repute Anyaaa has a reputation beyond repute Anyaaa has a reputation beyond repute Anyaaa has a reputation beyond repute Anyaaa has a reputation beyond repute Anyaaa has a reputation beyond repute Anyaaa has a reputation beyond repute Anyaaa has a reputation beyond repute Anyaaa has a reputation beyond repute Anyaaa has a reputation beyond repute Anyaaa's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-26-2011 04:39 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by ranma9090 View Post
    kenji isnt realy japanese at all the truth is the other two fars are but kenji is actualy chinese the truth is i have a pen pall in japan he says every one he knows carys a kenji dictinary so its almost imposible to memorize all kenji because every simbol in kenji is a word now emagin learning a diferent symbol for every word and a nother thing romenji iswester form japanese writing it was made to aid in translations to western languige
    and to quote uncle from jackie chan one more thing japan branched off of china thousands of years ago so just think about what i sayed
    i know i mispelled some words i'me tired right now so sew me
    Regardless of the origins, Kanji are still Japanese and you need to learn them if you want to read in Japanese.

Closed Thread

Thread Information