AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: from where should i start ...??

Member princess33 will become famous soon enough princess33 will become famous soon enough princess33's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-01-2009 01:07 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Thumbs up from where should i start ...??

こんにちは

ok i learned hiragana & katakana with a teacher the last semester it was fun

this teacher said we are beginners & we should focus on hira&kata alphabets now .

so the semester ended and she well not teach us the kanji !

i want to know from where should i start learning kanji & there is allot of sites ....?

which way is the best?
    and please give me the best sites you have ?

Senior Member Tsundere Works is infamous around these parts Tsundere Works is infamous around these parts Tsundere Works is infamous around these parts Tsundere Works is infamous around these parts Tsundere Works is infamous around these parts Tsundere Works is infamous around these parts Tsundere Works is infamous around these parts Tsundere Works is infamous around these parts Tsundere Works is infamous around these parts Tsundere Works's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-17-2009 03:22 AM
    Threads

I recommend flash cards, but if you want to use the Internet:

http://www.kanjisite.com/

Don't forget that level 2 is the most difficult and level 4 is the easiest.

My DeviantArt Profile: GreenVirus on DeviantArt
    My Pxiv Profile: Japanese Art Site

[Graphic Design and CG Anime Artwork.]

Software: Photoshop/Flash CS4 & Paint Tool SAI

Member princess33 will become famous soon enough princess33 will become famous soon enough princess33's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

thank you soooo much Tsundere Works

Senior Member Tsundere Works is infamous around these parts Tsundere Works is infamous around these parts Tsundere Works is infamous around these parts Tsundere Works is infamous around these parts Tsundere Works is infamous around these parts Tsundere Works is infamous around these parts Tsundere Works is infamous around these parts Tsundere Works is infamous around these parts Tsundere Works is infamous around these parts Tsundere Works's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-17-2009 03:22 AM
    Threads

No problem. I use that site for learning my Kanji when I don't have my cards nearby.

My DeviantArt Profile: GreenVirus on DeviantArt
    My Pxiv Profile: Japanese Art Site

[Graphic Design and CG Anime Artwork.]

Software: Photoshop/Flash CS4 & Paint Tool SAI

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

this site is the best in fact i used it all the time

but i have a question ^^"

what is "Kun reading"

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 1
    Zynm has a reputation beyond repute Zynm has a reputation beyond repute Zynm has a reputation beyond repute Zynm has a reputation beyond repute Zynm has a reputation beyond repute Zynm has a reputation beyond repute Zynm has a reputation beyond repute Zynm has a reputation beyond repute Zynm has a reputation beyond repute Zynm has a reputation beyond repute Zynm has a reputation beyond repute Zynm's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-25-2009 12:33 PM
    Threads

Most Kanji have 2 readings being onyomi(音読み) and kunyomi(訓読み). Onyomi is the Sino-Japanese reading, meaning the japanese adaptation of how the original Chinese pronunciation is. Kunyomi is the Japanese reading of the word, meaning the japanese word they've given to the kanji that comes closest to the meaning. For example:

日: the onyomi for this is にち while the kunyomi is ひ
    水: the onyomi for this is すい while the kunyomi is みず
    「プラネタリはいかがでしょう?どんなときも決して消えることのない、美しい無窮のきらめき・・・。満天の 星々が、みんなさまをお待ちしています。」

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

thank you ZENM

but while i am reading which one should i use the kunyomi or Onyomi

& the same in talking wiche one sould i use ?

i am now using just the hiragan & katakana and i can read & write but with kanji i start but i stop when i see those 2 types ( kunyomi & Onyomi)

i need someone to explain it to me

and thanks ^^"

紺碧の闇
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Little Big Planet Sackboy Neko Tv Prinny
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-05-2019 07:48 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: azutsukimiya

'kunyomi' or kun-reading is the Japanese pronunciation; you use it when you see the kanji on its own, or with okurigana (accompanying kana).

'onyomi' or on-reading is the Chinese-derived pronunciation. You use it when you see it being coupled with another kanji, and you would use the on-reading for that kanji too. Do note that this isn't always the case when you see two kanjis together, they make take the kun-reading (both of them)

A particular kanji may have no kun-reading or no on-reading - more challengingly one can have two or more kun-readings, but it's always the case where one is more commonly used than the other, experience is needed to know which to choose. Similarly, there are multiple on-readings for a kanji, but this time it depends on the other kanji pair used.

Let's take the simple kanji 人. Its kun-reading is 'hito', and its on-reading is either 'nin' or 'jin'. For starters, you should learn the kun-reading first, then when you start to learn more kanji like 生 (er this one has too many readings, 'i(kiru)' or 'nama' for kun) you can then learn their on-readings to expand your ability - 人生 'jinsei'.

...so that you know where you can find me

みんなで歌おうよ!
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-14-2013 06:58 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

I'd recommend the following website as an awesome resource for learning Japanese language and Kanji:

http://japanese.about.com/

They have an archive for Joyo Kanji (even though it does not contain the higher grades)

http://japanese.about.com/library/blkodarchives.htm

And they have some simplified lessons that will get you started with Kanji by teaching you numbers as well as some commonly used Kanji (mostly grade 1):

http://japanese.about.com/od/basicka...nji_Lesson.htm

I'd recommend starting by one lesson per day. I started there (even though I wasn't fast..) and in only a few months I finished grade 1 and JLPT4.

The site is also full of grammar and lessons, and even audio files. Everything is simplified so you won't get confused about anything. This is ultimately the best resource on the Web.

Also, I'd recommend that you use an online dictionary for any word you see and don't know. Denshi Jisho (Electronic Dictionary) is a great one:

http://www.jisho.org/

It has a bookmarklet that looks up selected text when you click it. You can use it on AF or Japanese websites to quickly look up any word you see.

Good luck on your learning
    Last edited by Aku no Hikari; 08-31-2009 at 02:14 PM.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

AzureDark

akuNoHikari

ありがとう ^_^

that's realllly HELP me

Closed Thread

Thread Information