AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Member DeadlyArr0w has a reputation beyond repute DeadlyArr0w has a reputation beyond repute DeadlyArr0w has a reputation beyond repute DeadlyArr0w has a reputation beyond repute DeadlyArr0w has a reputation beyond repute DeadlyArr0w has a reputation beyond repute DeadlyArr0w has a reputation beyond repute DeadlyArr0w has a reputation beyond repute DeadlyArr0w has a reputation beyond repute DeadlyArr0w has a reputation beyond repute DeadlyArr0w has a reputation beyond repute DeadlyArr0w's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-21-2010 05:04 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

I just finished watching the 14 episodes, and im left wanting alot more. The series was great and has a great deal of potential. I know that they are doing something in Japan with releasing new episodes but Im not sure about it. So does anyone have any info on it??
    and what did you think of this series??

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

The "second season" began airing last month. They are broadcasting "season one" in chronological order, while placing the episodes of "season two" at their chronological spots within season one to match the story told in the first two novels.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Senior Member Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-30-2011 05:06 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: dragofgravity

Was it only in Japan??

Member Ipsilon V is infamous around these parts Ipsilon V is infamous around these parts Ipsilon V is infamous around these parts Ipsilon V is infamous around these parts Ipsilon V is infamous around these parts Ipsilon V is infamous around these parts Ipsilon V is infamous around these parts Ipsilon V is infamous around these parts Ipsilon V is infamous around these parts Ipsilon V is infamous around these parts Ipsilon V is infamous around these parts Ipsilon V's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-15-2009 12:58 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: Need to check

The series are superb, their originality is quite impressive. I was so surprised when I watched it, you have no idea. And i'm the kind of person who likes anime like Elfen Lied, evangelion and Higurashi no Naku koro ni. One of my favorite anime.

You have the mock animation "the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya-chan" or something like that.. which was aired through youtube (although not anymore). It was quite entertaining and funny.

The second season aired.. and it should be available subbed at some point.

Member DeadlyArr0w has a reputation beyond repute DeadlyArr0w has a reputation beyond repute DeadlyArr0w has a reputation beyond repute DeadlyArr0w has a reputation beyond repute DeadlyArr0w has a reputation beyond repute DeadlyArr0w has a reputation beyond repute DeadlyArr0w has a reputation beyond repute DeadlyArr0w has a reputation beyond repute DeadlyArr0w has a reputation beyond repute DeadlyArr0w has a reputation beyond repute DeadlyArr0w has a reputation beyond repute DeadlyArr0w's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Do you think theres hope for an english dub of the second season?

Senior Member Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116 has a reputation beyond repute Teddy2116's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Depending on how well the first season sold in the state and if bandai would be the ones dubbing it again (through I think funimation should take on this project but thats just me)

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Personally I just want the same voice actors to return to the series.
    I was pretty suprised to learn that they are all working on Bleach lol

Gil
    Relaxed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyArr0w View Post
    Personally I just want the same voice actors to return to the series.
    I was pretty suprised to learn that they are all working on Bleach lol
    Really now, i hate the dubbing for bleach and yet i love it for Haruhi. Hmm.. weird

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

lol Im not like most anime fans, I personaly dont care to much how the dub actors sound. Im more into the story and the visuals then there voices. But every now and then I do come accross someone who is just straight up awful lol

Senior Member Tsundere Works is infamous around these parts Tsundere Works is infamous around these parts Tsundere Works is infamous around these parts Tsundere Works is infamous around these parts Tsundere Works is infamous around these parts Tsundere Works is infamous around these parts Tsundere Works is infamous around these parts Tsundere Works is infamous around these parts Tsundere Works is infamous around these parts Tsundere Works's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-17-2009 03:22 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyArr0w View Post
    I just finished watching the 14 episodes, and im left wanting alot more. The series was great and has a great deal of potential. I know that they are doing something in Japan with releasing new episodes but Im not sure about it. So does anyone have any info on it??
    and what did you think of this series??
    It's already airing in Japan. The subs are out, get them before the Anime gets licensed in the US.

Rant:
    In my opinion, not much happens in the first season. One of the reasons why it was really popular was because of the dance at the end. To be honest, that didn't appeal to me at all. I liked the opening, though. Aya has talent.

Right now, Suzumiya Haruhi isn't that much of a special Anime:

Haruhi: She's supposed to be god in the story.
    Kyon: The narrator who hates everything. He also faps to pictures of Mikuru. He doesn't like homosexuals. He doesn't do anything.

Surprisingly, he's the main character.

Mikuru: Time space traveler who has no intention of standing up for herself. Kyon wants her, BAD. Both her adult and teenage counterpart.
    Yuki: Silent loli who just watches. She probably could have solved everything by now if she wanted. She's my favorite character because she's smart and her technology pwns Mikuru's.

She should be the main character. She's the one the said the only interesting thing about the entire series, and that was the technical stuff. She summarized the plot of the entire Anime before commercial break, I think that's awesome!

Itsuki: The guy who's always smiling. He's an esper, and he's gay for Kyon. That's it. Oh yeah, he's rich.

Okay, so in the end:

Right when Haruhi is about to change the world she lived on for her entire life, Kyon kisses her. For the lulz.

Haruhi is the almighty powerful being, able to recreate the world at whim, she can do whatever she wants. But she holds back because of a loser.

I remember when I first saw it, I went "What the f--" and threw my soda at the wall. It really caught me by surprise. This was three years ago.

There's nothing special about Kyon. He has girls around him for no particular reason, it's your typical harem setup. He has no powers, he's a pessimistic guy, and no interest whatsoever for Haruhi. He tries to act cool, but he pretty much isn't.

And because of that, Haruhi has got to be the stupidest character in the story.

God just got pwned by a lowlife. How fail is that?
    ====================================
    The reason why I'm going to pick up the second season was because like you said, the series had great potential. Yuki set the grounds for a lot of character development, a lot of action, and a lot of mystery. Let's see if the second season can deliver and make use of that.

*On a side note, Kyoto Animation is such a huge troll. When people were looking for the second season, they put all sorts of weird crap on their site, and this lead to the spreading of rumors over the Internet.

8:28 PM:
    Okay, so some weaboo gave me bad rep for posting a logical review over an Anime? If you don't like it, don't read it please.
    Last edited by Tsundere Works; 07-09-2009 at 04:20 PM.

My DeviantArt Profile: GreenVirus on DeviantArt
    My Pxiv Profile: Japanese Art Site

[Graphic Design and CG Anime Artwork.]

Software: Photoshop/Flash CS4 & Paint Tool SAI

Reading my user title? nenuma has a reputation beyond repute nenuma has a reputation beyond repute nenuma has a reputation beyond repute nenuma has a reputation beyond repute nenuma has a reputation beyond repute nenuma has a reputation beyond repute nenuma has a reputation beyond repute nenuma has a reputation beyond repute nenuma has a reputation beyond repute nenuma has a reputation beyond repute nenuma has a reputation beyond repute nenuma's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-06-2013 10:12 PM
    Threads

I heard that they air one episode each month for the second season, but Im not sure yet.
    Secret Technique.

Member Fencedingates has a reputation beyond repute Fencedingates has a reputation beyond repute Fencedingates has a reputation beyond repute Fencedingates has a reputation beyond repute Fencedingates has a reputation beyond repute Fencedingates has a reputation beyond repute Fencedingates has a reputation beyond repute Fencedingates has a reputation beyond repute Fencedingates has a reputation beyond repute Fencedingates has a reputation beyond repute Fencedingates has a reputation beyond repute Fencedingates's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-26-2009 10:27 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: No wifi :(

Um ... isn't the second season called The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya ?

Senior Member Tsundere Works is infamous around these parts Tsundere Works is infamous around these parts Tsundere Works is infamous around these parts Tsundere Works is infamous around these parts Tsundere Works is infamous around these parts Tsundere Works is infamous around these parts Tsundere Works is infamous around these parts Tsundere Works is infamous around these parts Tsundere Works is infamous around these parts Tsundere Works's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Fencedingates View Post
    Um ... isn't the second season called The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya ?
    I don't think so... That's probably only the name of the episode.

Member Fencedingates has a reputation beyond repute Fencedingates has a reputation beyond repute Fencedingates has a reputation beyond repute Fencedingates has a reputation beyond repute Fencedingates has a reputation beyond repute Fencedingates has a reputation beyond repute Fencedingates has a reputation beyond repute Fencedingates has a reputation beyond repute Fencedingates has a reputation beyond repute Fencedingates has a reputation beyond repute Fencedingates has a reputation beyond repute Fencedingates's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-26-2009 10:27 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: No wifi :(

Quote Originally Posted by Tsundere Works View Post
    I don't think so... That's probably only the name of the episode.
    Well I was watching it online .. and there are 12 episodes(ish)of this The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya .. *searches google* Yea whether you watch Haruhi season 2 or The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya it's the same thing

Junior Member eponine is on a distinguished road eponine's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-24-2009 01:02 AM
    Threads

Ok so the supposed second season isn't really a second season. It's just a fill-in-the-gaps of season one. Most of the new episodes are in an arc titles "the endless eight." Long story short, *SPOILER ALERT*- (i don't know how to do the cool word "cloaking" thing) it's the last two weeks of summer vacation and since Haruhi thinks something is still missing from making it the best summer vacation ever, they're caught reliving the same two weeks over and over and over again. They're are six episodes, and they're almost all exactly alike- same activities, same general conversation- just with different clothes and different variations of speech. Fans are really pissed off- in fact, the higher ups actually publically apologized.*END OF SPOILER*

So what I'm trying to say is, the real second season hasn't started but I've heard they're planning on it. And the rumors about The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya- I heard it was supposed to be in season one, but got cut out somehow. Maybe we will see it in the real season two? Idk. rumors rumors, and more rumors.

Avie made by Wolley Xombii has a reputation beyond repute Xombii has a reputation beyond repute Xombii has a reputation beyond repute Xombii has a reputation beyond repute Xombii has a reputation beyond repute Xombii has a reputation beyond repute Xombii has a reputation beyond repute Xombii has a reputation beyond repute Xombii has a reputation beyond repute Xombii has a reputation beyond repute Xombii has a reputation beyond repute Xombii's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-21-2010 11:08 PM
    Threads

o man the first like 8 episodes of the 2nd season are just different variations of the same day......arrrrggggg its really annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by RaShayRitto View Post
    this thread made me facepalm so hard my hand went through my skull and grabbed the head of the person reading over my shoulder before ripping their head off and pulling it through the hole in my head.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Hey you guys:

Do you hate Endless Eight? Many people do too. At Otakon, some guy took a video of an ex-director for Kyoto Animation apologizing for Endless Eight.
    +
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comments on 2ch: "I don't want to hear an apology from someone who's not even in Kyo-Ani anymore. This is useless. He didn't do anything wrong."

[Since he left before Endless Eight aired on TV.]

Cherubim Delight 4 All Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-10-2010 11:49 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Tsundere Works View Post
    Comments on 2ch: "I don't want to hear an apology from someone who's not even in Kyo-Ani anymore. This is useless. He didn't do anything wrong."

[Since he left before Endless Eight aired on TV.]
    Exactly. He shouldn't be apologizing. I've never disliked Kyon until now for not having any guts to do anything about this endless cycle. Its ridiculous how many episodes have been wasted. 2 sacrificial episodes I can take but what is it now, 6? Thats half a season for some shows. Yuki says how many times the thing cycled so why didn't they just use that to get the point across and continue the story?

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by alextchon View Post
    Exactly. He shouldn't be apologizing. I've never disliked Kyon until now for not having any guts to do anything about this endless cycle. Its ridiculous how many episodes have been wasted. 2 sacrificial episodes I can take but what is it now, 6? Thats half a season for some shows. Yuki says how many times the thing cycled so why didn't they just use that to get the point across and continue the story?
    I stopped watching the whole thing already. Kyo-Ani's trolling has never been worse.

I'm this close to saying that Haruhi was just an entire waste of time.

I'll start watching it again when all of this is cleared up. Maybe by around the time they start selling DVD box sets.

Junior Member Akira Kogami is a splendid one to behold Akira Kogami is a splendid one to behold Akira Kogami is a splendid one to behold Akira Kogami is a splendid one to behold Akira Kogami is a splendid one to behold Akira Kogami is a splendid one to behold Akira Kogami's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-01-2009 01:41 AM
    Threads

There is a live stream I use to watch the new "Season 2" eps or as i call it "Season 1.5", so i see them RAW when they come out on Thursdays. They can be found subbed on most anime websites. 1-8 are out as of now. The Real Season 2 is coming out in December, and is primarily based on the Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya

.:[☆Akira Kogami☆ - Lucky Channel's Super Cute Idol]:.

Perverted Kitty of Doom lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx has a reputation beyond repute lilminx's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-09-2013 01:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

i know there's season 2 but i dont know if it exists in english,since i watch it subbed. you can find it on youtube
    you can't call me weird, cause im unique ^_^
    btw if youre going to admire me, please tell me who you are, gracias

siggy by teddy thankies ^^

**UPDATE** NEW DRAWINGS
    * * * A R T ~ W O R K * * *
    My sweet sweet family is located in my blog
    if you want to be a part of our family, pm me

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Akira Kogami View Post
    There is a live stream I use to watch the new "Season 2" eps or as i call it "Season 1.5", so i see them RAW when they come out on Thursdays. They can be found subbed on most anime websites. 1-8 are out as of now. The Real Season 2 is coming out in December, and is primarily based on the Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya
    I see you like Akira Kogami neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh?

She's awesome. I love it when she kicks Shiraishi's ass =]

Avie made by Wolley Xombii has a reputation beyond repute Xombii has a reputation beyond repute Xombii has a reputation beyond repute Xombii has a reputation beyond repute Xombii has a reputation beyond repute Xombii has a reputation beyond repute Xombii has a reputation beyond repute Xombii has a reputation beyond repute Xombii has a reputation beyond repute Xombii has a reputation beyond repute Xombii has a reputation beyond repute Xombii's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-21-2010 11:08 PM
    Threads

Omg in Ep 9 Kyon finally breaks the endless cycle.......

Quote Originally Posted by RaShayRitto View Post
    this thread made me facepalm so hard my hand went through my skull and grabbed the head of the person reading over my shoulder before ripping their head off and pulling it through the hole in my head.

SOS Brigade Leader kirei-chan has a reputation beyond repute kirei-chan has a reputation beyond repute kirei-chan has a reputation beyond repute kirei-chan has a reputation beyond repute kirei-chan has a reputation beyond repute kirei-chan has a reputation beyond repute kirei-chan has a reputation beyond repute kirei-chan has a reputation beyond repute kirei-chan has a reputation beyond repute kirei-chan has a reputation beyond repute kirei-chan has a reputation beyond repute kirei-chan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-21-2009 10:24 AM
    Threads

;________; I like everything about the show.
    RaShayRitto, Seraphemei, Infinita, Serpentarius, lilminx, kirei-chan.
    The coolest kids in school.

Get some.

Junior Member Akira Kogami is a splendid one to behold Akira Kogami is a splendid one to behold Akira Kogami is a splendid one to behold Akira Kogami is a splendid one to behold Akira Kogami is a splendid one to behold Akira Kogami is a splendid one to behold Akira Kogami's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-01-2009 01:41 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Xombii View Post
    Omg in Ep 9 Kyon finally breaks the endless cycle.......
    Homework, it's cool now.

See, now we can frighten our future sons/daughters by showing them E8 and saying, "Do you want to be stuck in an endless time loop? Then do your homework!"

And thank you Tsundere Works, Akira <3's you too.

.:[☆Akira Kogami☆ - Lucky Channel's Super Cute Idol]:.

Closed Thread

Thread Information