AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Neo Angelique Wallpaper

Junior Member mysticmom2 is on a distinguished road mysticmom2's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2009 01:24 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Neo Angelique Wallpaper

I submitted this but I have a feeling its not going to be submitted..lol. So Im just going to go ahead and post it here to get some suggestions. Ive made a few wallpapers in the past but never put alot of time into them. But since making my last one I have bought a tablet and have learned a good bit more about my Gimp. =) So with my new knowledge and new tool I decided to try again. I found this scan of Angie and Lein on photobucket. I cut them out and put in the new texture/background I found. I also used a few paintbrushes I had. The image of the 2 really need cleaning up. So since I dont know how to vector in Gimp (Im not sure if its evenr eally possible) I did my best with making them look smoother. Here it is, please give me any ideas to help make it look better.

Moderator Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Be Mine Alfa Romeo Spider JTS Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2017 03:31 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Alright, great enthusiasm. Always a good idea to get suggestions.

2 things catch my eye right of the bat. First of all, the extraction of the couple there isnt very good quality. You could re-cut it, have some one else do it, or just another extraction completely. The second thing is how 'apart' the background and the extraction are. I have bursting people's bubbles, but I have the background image you used, and it is completely unmodified.

Now, ways to improve. Extraction wise, you want to pull it out of the corner and into the center, make it a focus, the most visually appealing thing on the wallpaper. Secondly, try blending the extraction with the background, so try blending them together. Similar colors, some flow, simple things like that. Experiment with stuff.

Senior Member Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan's Avatar
    Gil
    Cold
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-20-2021 04:04 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Serated View Post
    Alright, great enthusiasm. Always a good idea to get suggestions.

2 things catch my eye right of the bat. First of all, the extraction of the couple there isnt very good quality. You could re-cut it, have some one else do it, or just another extraction completely. The second thing is how 'apart' the background and the extraction are. I have bursting people's bubbles, but I have the background image you used, and it is completely unmodified.

Now, ways to improve. Extraction wise, you want to pull it out of the corner and into the center, make it a focus, the most visually appealing thing on the wallpaper. Secondly, try blending the extraction with the background, so try blending them together. Similar colors, some flow, simple things like that. Experiment with stuff.
    Haha, everything said and explained right there. I guess I could say keep it up and you'll get better. (I need a little improvement myself.)

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Thank you guys so much for your suggestions. I will try to improve it more.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I just wanted to thank guys here for you kindness and positive critiques and suggetions. I actually put this on another site to look for help and suggestions and it was called atrocious and to just scrap it..So it was kind of you guys to be so helpful. Anyways, I did a little update to it today by re extracting it. And I think it looks a little better. Now I just have to retouch the image and try to enhance to background some more. I might even look for a new background. Not sure yet. Anyways, here is what it looks like after re extracting. What do you guys think so far?

Last edited by mysticmom2; 05-29-2009 at 01:29 PM.

Closed Thread

Thread Information