AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 14 ... LastLast

Thread: OOC: Nightmare Hunt

Trojan.FlyStudio.I i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Prinny Favorite
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-10-2012 03:53 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

What he said! Lol

I would also like to add that this SYNC feature is relatively new and I understand it would take a while to get used to. Because of this, the SYNC is only used during BATTLES.

Also, an idea hit me when I was reading Valk's post, and maybe the more Guardians/Vagrants amp their SYNC, the more they "change" into their Nightmare. It might've been obvious, but I can make it into a rule. Guardians/Vagrants gain their Nightmare's physical attributes as they SYNC higher. An example would be:

Seda : would grow fangs or scaly skin
    Duo : would have clown markings on face
    Harue : would get dragon-like eyes, etc.

Ferals, are NOT an exception to this rule. Because their Nightmares aren't tame, they can "accidentally" give off Nightmare characteristics during the day. (Ferals shouldn't get left out from the fun haha)

It will be up to you to show how your SYNC is going to appear. I just thought it would be a good visual snack and an added coolness level for the characters.

It is hard to say there is a reason for being anywhere
    Even if you retrace your steps

Senior Member Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Green Tea
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-08-2012 09:42 AM
    Threads

Seda : would grow fangs or scaly skin

Ooo! I'm going to ENJOY that! 8D That's gonna be so much fun to write. XD

Although one question: What would be the acceptable "normal" level of sync for the Guardians? And how would it affect them?

For Jace, I can understand because he actually uses his Nightmare as a weapon, so he becomes faster and better. How would that be for someone like Seda? I mean, she just tells Vidar what to do. (Or... Y'know, throw shoes at him and make him angry. Oh, and argue. Never forget that they argue A LOT.) I guess if Seda actually wants to get involved in a physical fight, maybe that's the time they use the sync? IDK really... ^^; Some suggestions would be much appreciated.

It'd be interesting to see them to display characteristics of their Nightmare, especially since it's a play on fear and I remember reading something like, in order to conquer it, you must become what you fear. Although I don't necessarily believe it, I think it means you have to at least understand your fear.

Seeing Piers' one should be interesting. XD Skitters is... A black amorphous shape? Squishy! XD

Not knowing where I'm going; but I know where I've been...

Planeswalker Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Playing Cards
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-19-2013 11:31 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Talli View Post
    Although one question: What would be the acceptable "normal" level of sync for the Guardians? And how would it affect them?

For Jace, I can understand because he actually uses his Nightmare as a weapon, so he becomes faster and better. How would that be for someone like Seda? I mean, she just tells Vidar what to do. (Or... Y'know, throw shoes at him and make him angry. Oh, and argue. Never forget that they argue A LOT.) I guess if Seda actually wants to get involved in a physical fight, maybe that's the time they use the sync? IDK really... ^^; Some suggestions would be much appreciated.
    Personally I would say any sync that is between 0% and 40% is ok for guardians to stay at. Becuase its below 50% you still have dominance over your nightmare. Of course those nightmares closer to 50 would have more free will.
    You don't have to change how you look when syncing until a level you want.

Sync'ing doesn't mean you have to fight. You could just become more like your nightmare as your nightmare become stronger. Vidar could become quicker, gain extra skills or even become a different type of snake as it syncs more will you.

I hope that answered what you asked. We are still working the bugs out of this.
    "I don't need to have the perfect plan. My foe just has to have an imperfect one." Jace Beleren

"Why fight the body when you can dominate the mind that rules it?" Jace Beleren

Senior Member Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Green Tea
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Valkarma View Post
    Vidar could become quicker, gain extra skills or even become a different type of snake as it syncs more will you.
    Hm... Definitely sounds interesting. Toying with different snake types would be fun.

I hope that answered what you asked. We are still working the bugs out of this.
    Yes, it did. Thanks. ^^ Sorry for all the questions but how would the level of sync affect the injuries on the person? I assume that the higher the level, the more severe the injury?

Planeswalker Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Playing Cards
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yes, it did. Thanks. ^^ Sorry for all the questions but how would the level of sync affect the injuries on the person? I assume that the higher the level, the more severe the injury?
    Well if not a lot of damage was past on (e.g. you only suffer 1/2 what your nightmare does) the more you sync the more damage you will share (that might rise to 2/3 ect.)
    "I don't need to have the perfect plan. My foe just has to have an imperfect one." Jace Beleren

Trojan.FlyStudio.I i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Prinny Favorite
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Personally I would say any sync that is between 0% and 40% is ok for guardians to stay at. Becuase its below 50% you still have dominance over your nightmare. Of course those nightmares closer to 50 would have more free will.
    I do have a concern about this Valk. If Guardians can only SYNC with their Nightmares 40% and below, then Vagrants have a staggering advantage don't ya think? I came into believing that both Guardians and Vagrants can both reach 50%+ dominance, although it is always a risk for Guardians despite their "tame" Nightmare.

Let's say, Harue and Karn. Harue is a trainee, so maybe he cannot go over the 40% limit. If he does so, he is in danger of losing his senses to Grauld. Karn, on the other hand, is a senior Guardian and has more control on his Nightmare so he can take it up to 70% SYNC without losing his control. As you go higher up the SYNC scale, changes in behavior or physical attributes become apparent. For example, Harue becomes a bit more brutal, Karn becomes colder, quieter...

This was the way I understood it.

As for the damage taking, does this mean that as you sync higher, you get more damage? Hm.. how does that happen?

++

BTW, Rem is back! So I think it'd be better to fix up some kinks in the SYNC rule before Rem jumps in as Harue.
    Last edited by i_say_sabotage; 06-19-2009 at 12:41 PM.

Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Playing Cards
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

your way sounds right I did mean that but it looks like it came across different.
    I meant it as a sync rate they can stay at without risk and like all the time rather then dropping to 0% all the time.

Also the second point.
    No you don't take more damage but as I see it right now you don't take ALL the damage your nightmare does or else it would be harder to hurt some then others. like if your nightmare gets cut, you take 30% of the damage they would from the cut.
    When you sync more you might take 50% or high of that cut
    in the end 100% you take the same damage as they do.

Old and Cranky Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-17-2009 11:44 PM
    Threads

Hey guys I'm back. And all lovely spanking brand new like a babies bottom or toy. Or both. Haven't decided. And what's this all about Sync? I'm confused by this new system. hahahahaahahaa. God I'm such a loser.

Wedding is in October. And I'm going to be a dad. Super excited.

Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Prinny Favorite
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Rem Nightfall View Post
    Hey guys I'm back. And all lovely spanking brand new like a babies bottom or toy. Or both. Haven't decided. And what's this all about Sync? I'm confused by this new system. hahahahaahahaa. God I'm such a loser.
    Ohh... somebody's in a goooood mood hahahaha.

Well, in a nutshell, SYNC is the level of dominance between Nightmare and Human. The higher the SYNC between them, means the higher the Nightmare's awareness.

For Ferals, they can only use 0% or 100%. Basically, they are either human or nightmare.

For Guardians and Vagrants, going up the scale means you're letting your consciousness drop for the Nightmare to take over.

There are some talks about this, but the higher the SYNC goes, The Human and/or the Nightmare undergo certain changes (i.e. Jace develops those black markings and Thanatos shrinks in size)

The SYNC will be shown in our status bar (the one with the Location/Item/Role stuff) in percentage (50%). And to prevent confusion, it will only be used for BATTLES.

++

This was Valk's original idea so he knows about the system more. Please read his first post about it:

http://www.animeforum.com/showpost.p...6&postcount=75

If there any more questions about this, do post here and we'll try to ignore you..

HAHAHA just kidding.

Old and Cranky Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-17-2009 11:44 PM
    Threads

Man why is math being placed in RPGs? I'll just pretend I understand.

Wedding is in October. And I'm going to be a dad. Super excited.

Building Castles Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Ambulance
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-22-2013 01:06 AM
    Threads

Ms. Sabotage, Zeek hasnt been on in two weeks!! ;-;
    samba bamba, llama momma.

need a new set, feel free to offer. :3

Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Prinny Favorite
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Change Of Color View Post
    Ms. Sabotage, Zeek hasnt been on in two weeks!! ;-;
    Well, you can say something like "I'm going out a bit for groceries"... And then leave him at your apartment for a while. Let him catch up to you if he can.

I was worried you haven't been posting for a while >< I thought you've gone AWOL hahaha...

PS. Miss Sabotage.. LOL that one's rich hahahaha!

Senior Member Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Silver Ribbon Four Leaf Clover Teal Ribbon
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-30-2017 08:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aspirantgarde

NOOO!!! Damn you Cross! Your a great RP'er we can't loose you
    Well have fun where ever you are. When you come back chaos will have decended.
    Back at you, Valk. Glad to see HQ is still standing!

@Janajee: Got your OOC message in the RP thread; don't sweat it!

Ahh, and this sync idea is nice.

Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Playing Cards
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Cross Avantgarde View Post
    Back at you, Valk. Glad to see HQ is still standing!

Ahh, and this sync idea is nice.
    Welcome back. If you had warned us then we would have put a mat out

It's good to see you back and I welcome back your always amazing posts.

With more people returning we can get this RP re-rolling again.

Senior Member Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Silver Ribbon Four Leaf Clover Teal Ribbon
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-30-2017 08:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aspirantgarde

Hah, I don't deserve the accolades; can't wait to see what happens in the aftermath of the HQ attack and how we'll regroup, along with Karn's side-story. It's getting good.

Crazy Personified janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Gifts Ouran Patch Manekineko
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-30-2011 09:55 AM
    Threads

Cross, glad to see your back! I have missed one of my favorite Guardians. Wheeeee!

Quote Originally Posted by Cross Avantgarde View Post
    Was hoping Sean would get a beating for it. Wahahaha. *ahemKarnPiersDuoHarueSedaANYONEahem*
    Last edited by janajee; 06-25-2009 at 07:37 PM.
    ---
    "They called me mad, I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me." -Nathaniel Lee
    ---

---
    Being crazy only means I'm smarter than you
    ---

Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Green Tea
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Hey guys, just wanted to ask since I have no idea where Seda is exactly. The last I've seen of her is when Duo told Harue to get her away from the fight. And I'm guessing that the illusion put on her was also taken away once Jace went back to 0% sync?

So basically, I have no idea who she's with or where she's being taken, like to the infirmary or something. ^^;; It'd be nice to know, just so I know who she's going to be screaming at once she wakes up in pain. XD

Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Playing Cards
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Hey guys, just wanted to ask since I have no idea where Seda is exactly. The last I've seen of her is when Duo told Harue to get her away from the fight. And I'm guessing that the illusion put on her was also taken away once Jace went back to 0% sync?

So basically, I have no idea who she's with or where she's being taken, like to the infirmary or something. ^^;; It'd be nice to know, just so I know who she's going to be screaming at once she wakes up in pain. XD
    Well the illusion is gone and your proberly still hurt.

Your still in the corridor.

You can either have yourself get up and get help or a worker at the HQ help you like what happened with Duo.

Basicly the HQ is about to go into full drive trying to help the hurt and save people as well as figure out what just happened.

And since radios are working again it might be an idea to inform Piers of what just happened.

Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Prinny Favorite
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Hm... I'm requesting Harue and Chinatsu to tend to Seda, if you guys don't mind..

Congratulations to everyone who participated in the HQ attack! It was awesome! Great job everyone! ^^
    Last edited by i_say_sabotage; 06-26-2009 at 08:52 AM.

Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Green Tea
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

She might be biting their heads off in the process. XD

Sorry for not posting so much, everyone. My internet at home is dead so I have to leech off the school WiFi. Which is closed on weekends. -_- I hope to be back soon. D:

Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Prinny Favorite
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Hey guys! Just would like to remind you that I'm reaching some busy-ness peak this month, so I might not be able to check in as often as before. But don't you guys worry, I take my GM title to its best sense so I will still be relatively active.

We're entering a new subplot and I ask you guys to find people who can join our RP as Vagrants. We need their muscle.

If it doesn't hold up, I might consider giving unlimited character privileges. Yep.. same people with four or five characters under your belts (But even three is somewhat exhausting already so yeah). Anyway, we've had a couple of fall-outs in the character number that needs to be filled. Any thoughts?

The lazy demon kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-06-2014 11:30 PM
    Threads

I will ride it out 'till the end Sab.

I MADE IT.

Quotes: To be a man you must have honor and a penis (Shin-chan)

Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Green Tea
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Same here, Sab.

Although what DID happen to all the Vagrants that were joining?

Crazy Personified janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Gifts Ouran Patch Manekineko
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-30-2011 09:55 AM
    Threads

Hey you always got Sean to wreak havoc when you need it. Hahaha
    ---
    "They called me mad, I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me." -Nathaniel Lee
    ---

---
    Being crazy only means I'm smarter than you
    ---

Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Playing Cards
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Will be here until the end

I have too much planned to not stay.

We just need a recruitment drive to try and bring in the new lot and get it on a roll again.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information