AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 87 of 96 FirstFirst ... 37 77 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,175 of 2393

Thread: RPG: Nightmare Hunt (A Supernatural/Mystery RPG)

Senior Member Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Grey Ribbon Silver Ribbon L Laptop
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-30-2013 08:48 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Re: RPG: Nightmare Hunt (A Supernatural/Mystery RPG)

Theo / Aiden
    Role: Vagrant
    Items: N/A

Adam Cross’s scream of pain rang sweetly in his ears. Aiden’s eyes opened and Theo regarded the Guardian-Nightmare like how one regards a particularly elusive cockroach. He readied his other sword-arm to thrust it into the man’s brains, when the Guardian-Nightmare suddenly bore deep down into his gaze and looked within him.

It would use the same attack it used on Aiden to find his fear! No-!

Too late. Even with his strongest attempt, Adam Cross seized him tightly and Theo could not retract the knife.

What was the puppy dog afraid of?

Things that meow and things that purr. Things with sharp teeth and claws, and things that prowl in the night. Things that caught you and played with you in its paws. Fickle, hungry, playful things.

In Theo’s moment of distraction, Aiden woke to find his whole hand plunged deep into the chest of the being before him.

The boy gasped in horror,“NO! I won’t let you use me for this!”

He clamped down on his left wrist, trying desperately to wrench it out.

Idiot boy! Theo roared, regaining control. They will rip you apart-

Darkness crawled at the edges of Aiden’s vision, pushing him back once more into oblivion.

- unravel you, dig deep to devour you-

His fingers loosened as strength slowly left his grip.

- dismantle and destroy you from within-

“I’d… I’d rather die than hurt anyone! Stop this!”

If I won’t save you, you’ll die! YOU’LL DIE!

“I’ve forgiven Theodore!”

Theo must have been taken aback. Aiden’s vision cleared, and the world seemed brighter.

“Never mind what he did! I’ve forgiven him because he’s my brother. That’s all he is to me. I love him all the same.”

His hand slowly left Jitters’ body and Aiden clutched at his own self, trying to comfort the creature within.

“Theo, you can’t imagine how sorry I am for Theodore…. You must have been so angry all these years for what he did to… us. Please… find it in you forgive him…. Please.”

He could feel Theo trembling.

“Let it go, so you won’t be in pain anymore… Please, let it go….”

His heartbeat calmed. Like a sigh of great relief, a cloud of dark dust enveloped Aiden for a while. Yet, he felt peacefully safe, as if a thankful friend hugged him warmly.

When it dissipated into the air, Aiden’s burns were forever gone. And so was Theo.

Beside him, an enormous shadowy Labrador Retriever rested its head on his knees, eyes peacefully closed. Somehow, Aiden knew its new name.

“Hi there, Philo.”

He scratched it behind its ear and smiled.

(OOC: Yes. He is gone.

@Talli : Hihihihahahaha…)

Building Castles Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Ambulance
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-22-2013 01:06 AM
    Threads

Location- Conifer beach
    Status- Day
    Role- Feral
    Items- N/A

Landy tried desperately to see what was going on farther down the beach where Piers was with the little boy but they were just too far away. Just as she was moving to take a step forward, great shadows began to dance on the ground around her. It took her a moment before she looked up and saw the horror that was circling above her. It seemed like the bloated bodies spun in the air for eternity before all of them converged down on her. She barely had a second to raise her fiery whip but she swung it in a wide circle as it gathered strength and stirred the winds. She wielded it wildly, striking at anything that came in range. She was in a panic and running on instinct. Nothing like this had ever happened to her before. She wasn't a fighter. It wasn't in her nature. One of the corpes got dangerously close and she had to duck as she blew a gust of wind at it and knocked it back into the fray. She suddenly felt alone in the eye of a storm of carnage.
    samba bamba, llama momma.

need a new set, feel free to offer. :3

Senior Member Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Hyrez "Goldmine" Thomasai / Naomi
    Items: (NPC Francis and Marianna)

Naomi's control strengthened as she crossed the shore towards the terrible mass, her fingers gracefully dancing in the air as if she were playing a piano. Thomasai had taught her to keep the putrid stench far away from him in the battlefield.

The monstrous dead clamored madly for the Vortex woman. They clamped tightly around her legs, feet, and arms with their grotesque fingers. Charred limbs that had been severed by the Firewhip scattered on the sand, but this did not stop them. Even one lone hand crawled across the ground and grabbed for the girl's hair.

The deceased mob began dragging their victim across the beach towards their puppet master.

"Here she comes, daddy! Don't you see her?" Naomi squealed euphorically, "You'll be so proud of me!"

Thomasai calmly inhaled from his cigar. To him, the horde looked rather like malformed vultures squabbling wildly for a carcass. It seemed so ridiculous that he laughed.

"Marvelous, sweetheart. Keep up the excellent work."

From a jacket pocket, he pulled out an ordinary black cell phone that had only one registered number. He pressed the call button.

"Good afternoon... sir." The word did not leave his lips easily, "We have the Vortex."

Yorick
    Role: Guardian

Anna's - no, Chain's arms suddenly snaked around Yorick's neck.

"Hello, sweetheart. Before you ask, I'm no illusion. I'm as real as your lovely eyes."

Perfect timing. "Back off, Nightmare." He replied coldly.

"Oh, look at you now. You do remember you're a Guardian, right?" She smiled, a finger tracing down his chest, "You're being such a weak, pathetic little puppy dog. It makes me want to kick you."

"Funny, I've always felt the same way about you." He laughed. Why had he been calling out for Guardians when he was one himself? Had he lost his right mind?

Well, when had Yorick Zahn ever been in his right mind when girls were involved?

Chain leaned close to him, and her whispers tickled his ears, "I've been so ravenous for a raw, beating heart. All you need to do is to fail your promise in protecting the Watcher girl you are so fond of, and I will feast on her heart tonight."

"You'll have to kill me first, Nightmare." He said through gritted teeth. She giggled because she knew she had crossed the line.

"I would die to see that. But well, that's all up to you, dear darling."

Chain disappeared. A monstrous bow and an arrow shaped like her tail appeared in his hands. He knew he would likely miss, but he immediately notched the arrow and drew. He aimed for the stake in Chinatsu's hands. Yorick stilled his breath and let the arrow loose. The bow vanished, as if it were one with the arrow.

The arrow changed its course in mid-air. It penetrated the piece of wood. When it pierced the opposite wall, it was no longer an arrow but a crouching Anna with Chain's tail through the stake.

Chain smiled. She gracefully stepped off the wall and yanked the stake from her tail. Then she walked over to Chinatsu and winked.

"Nothing personal. Just trying to keep you alive like he promised, sugar."
    Last edited by Solsaiden Hel; 03-11-2012 at 09:34 AM.

Building Castles Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Ambulance
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Location- Conifer beach
    Status- Day
    Role- Vortex
    Items- N/A

Landy could feel herself tripping as bodies and scattered parts of them began to latch and drag her across the sand. Sheer panic filled her, and she lashed out even more. She was struggling with everything she had and the more she struggled, the wilder her attacks grew. Her flame whip turned blue with the intensity of the heat and her winds had become an unstable tornado that was swirling around her, knocking the floating bodies against each other. She didn't know what to do. Her mind was racing as she fought, trying to figure out what to do. Soon the fire from her whip had engulfed her too, covering her in a protective layer of bright blue flame. Her hair flung around in the air as much as her arms were, and she could feel herself digging her feet into the sand. She could feel the sand melting into glass where her fire brushed against it. It took her a moment to realize she was screaming, though out of fear or pain she wasn't sure. She felt lost in an isolated wind-storm world of cadavers. All she wanted was for it to stop.

Trojan.FlyStudio.I i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Prinny Favorite
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-10-2012 03:53 AM
    Threads

???
    Location- Rostov Mansion
    Status- Day
    Role- Nightmare
    Items- N/A

"Good afternoon... sir." The word did not leave his lips easily, "We have the Vortex."

"Why Hyrez!" His lips parted into a grin. "S'been a while, hasn't it? And I see you've got me a gift. Oh Goody! Finally, I say. I see you aren't as incompetent as we've all thought."

The voices played in the dark, the eerie light of the celphone bouncing on a young face that belonged to the shadows. He was in his own little corner of the room, playing a Rubix cube in his hand. From the absence of light, one couldn't tell if he can see what he was doing. His hand moved swiftly, handling the wooden toy like a piano. The phone was on the floor, along with chess pieces and bloody rag dolls. He liked to kept things he liked in one room.

From across him, a broken television cackled with never-ending static. An old man sat in front of it on a wheelchair, unmoving, eyes glued to the sight of dancing white dots. He was the very epitome of frailty. Every breath he took seemed painful, like air can very much snap his bones from inside. His body was snaked by various tubes and wires connected to machines beside him, the constant beep of the Holter monitor breaking the silence now and then. It was a sort of mood music for the insane.

"We are not insane." He talked on the phone randomly, seeming to forget he was even on the phone, momentarily wondering what a "phone" even was. He was just talking. Talking.

He gains his sanity a moment after. He chuckled. "Gain". What a perfect word. Yes. Sanity is a reward. But it is something with teeth and hurtful things and the cause of every bit of torture. Insanity never tortures. It is Reality that hurts.

He stood up leaving the phone open. He has completely forgotten it. The solved rubix bounced from his lap as he walked towards the light of the television.

He walks behind the old man and drops his lips to his ear. He whispers a word to him and the old man's unblinking eyes begin to water. A tear cascades along the folds and creases of his face, like a drop of water in crackling soil.

"The experiment is a success." he murmurs to the old man, but more to himself. "I think we have achieved the fear of emptiness and the opposite of which is hope. After all these years, we have learned."

The old man doesn't say anything. But If one tried, if one just squinted his eyes in the dark, one could swear the old man flashed a smile. But the room was dark, you see. No one can be sure in the dark.

The youth whistled a tune as he gripped the wheelchair's handlebars with both hands. His fingers held the the leather and gave it a push, the wheels squeaking their release. Wires around the man pulled taut. One by one they broke away from his skin, pulling and breaking, machines disconnecting clumsily from their host. The youth continued to push until they were free of the shackles of wires and articifial life. They went on their way, leaving behind an eerie scream of a heart monitor without a heart. The sound mingled with the dying squeak of the wheelchair, mingled with the dark, with the whistle, with the static. It was a sonata for the insane.

But no, they were not. They were not insane.

(OOC: Main big bad. Defeating him will close our little show )
    Last edited by i_say_sabotage; 03-10-2012 at 03:59 AM.

It is hard to say there is a reason for being anywhere
    Even if you retrace your steps

6. Likes Cross Avantgarde, Solsaiden Hel liked this post
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

(Great post, Sab! I laughed so hard at 'incompetent'. XD
    Sorry for the flood of posts, everyone. I'm determined to reach our conclusion before more people fall off the face of the earth.
    EDIT: Heads up to those in the HQ! I posted two for Yorick, one in my previous post, and one here.
    @Valkarma , feel free to draw strength from Yorick and Chain for Hypnos. Alternatively, I suggest Renee and Belone. Er, your choice?)

Hyrez Thomasai

"Why Hyrez! S'been a while, hasn't it? And I see you've got me a gift. Oh Goody! Finally, I say. I see you aren't as incompetent as we've all thought."

Thomasai smiled and took a deep breath from his cigar.

"We are not insane..."

He heard the familiar squeaking of wheels and the soft padding of footsteps fading away. With that, he knew that the other speaker would pay no further attention to him. Thomasai patiently waited for half a minute of silence before turning off the phone.

He chuckled lightly, "You might just be the last sane soul in this insane world, Old Trickster."

The bright blue flame shielded the Vortex girl and set some of the cadavers on fire. Their limbs fell like overripe fruit, dry and useless.

"Daddy! Daddy! Help me!" Naomi anxiously looked back at her Host, who stood disinterestedly on dry asphalt, "She's covered herself in fire and it's drying up the bodies! I don't know what to do!"

"Calm down, dear. You have to be quiet so you can think and listen clearly." Thomasai placed a hand to his ear, "Do you hear that?"

Naomi's hand went up to her ear, just as her father had done. She listened quietly. Her hair flowed gently in the opposite direction of the wind. Her feet made no footprints.

"I hear a girl's screams, and the waves of the ocean, and- OH! Oh I get it!" She exclaimed, as if she utterly understood how the earth revolves around the sun. "Daddy, you're the best!"

The corpses fell, lifeless once again. Their puppet master took no further interest in them. Naomi walked towards the sea. With one large sweep of her arms, the waters suddenly receded. Fish flopped about helplessly on the dry seabed, where creatures and corals of interesting colors met with the harsh wind and fierce sunlight.

Then they heard the raging roar.

"Get ready, Miss Vortex! It's coming!"

A great wave about six stories high rose out of the ocean like a herd of horses. The ground rumbled as they furiously raced for the shore. They crashed headfirst onto the wall of blue flames around the Vortex lady. Decapitated bodies and limbs floated, forgotten. Water flowed everywhere, then returned to the sea or sank into the sands.

Then all was still, as if the world caught its breath.

Thomasai smiled. "Fetch, sweetheart."

Naomi made no ripple in the waters as she walked towards the Vortex. Standing before her, she thought the Vortex woman would be quite beautiful if she wasn't shrieking in fear. Around them lay about a hundred wet things, living and dead, she could command at will.

"Hello there, Miss Vortex!" Naomi hollered in a chipper tone, "My name is Naomi. Daddy would be really happy to meet you. Would you let me bring you to him? Please?"

(For the others on the beach, I'll leave it up to you if you want the wave to reach your location.)

Aiden

Aiden could see the sky as he lay on his back. He felt unexplainably happy and free, as if a heavy weight had left his soul. He wanted to remain this blissful forever.

Philo opened its eyes for the first time, then whined and nudged him with its nose. Shrill screams and the roar of waves erupted all around him, and then Aiden snapped back to reality.

He gasped. Blood drenched his hand and his front shirt. The creature that looked half man and half darkness still crouched over him, a terrible gaping hole in its chest. Its odd non-human features indicated it was in painful agony.

"Mister!" He didn't know how else to address him, or it, "You're bleeding! We have to get you to the hospital!"

Then, the horror of being a potential murderer suddenly dawned on Aiden. Fear suffocated him. Aiden immediately took off his bloody shirt and used it to apply pressure on the wound like they did in movies.

"I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!" Tears blurred his vision, "I didn't mean to. Please don't die! Don't die!"

Yorick

"Level five Vagrant alert! Level five Vagrant alert! Exit now! Get out! Exit now! Get out!"

Techies who had woken from the illusion now streamed out of the building, screaming in panic. Red light filled the HQ, and a deafening alarm rang throughout the whole building. It was like a typical sci-fi movie where the experimental monster manages to break out of its cage and attack its creators.

“Chinatsu.” Yorick appeared like a knight in shining armor. He smiled and knelt before her. His expression showed his heart had wrenched in his chest with worry, “Please, don’t… don’t ever do that. If you were gone, what’s a hopeless, lovesick bloke like me going to do? Come on.”

Quite suddenly, he swept her in his arms and held her close to him. “Hold on tight!”

Chain stood between Thanatos, Mama, and Yorick, as if standing on a knife’s edge between peace and the world’s end. With a smile, she transformed into an exact copy of Chinatsu. Her long dark hair swayed in the opposite direction of the wind, but her sly smile could never be found on the original. She held out her left hand. In a heartbeat, a being the exact copy of Alanna was holding hands with her. Her auburn hair flowed in the right direction, but her smile mirrored the one the counterfeit Chinatsu gave.

Would the Vagrant of illusions fall for this ruse? She doubted it. But Chain had more tricks in her sleeve to buy Yorick time.

"Alright I don't know who you are or how you got in my head, but I'll do whatever I can to help you save Jace. Just tell me who is a 'Guardian'."

“Pardon me, but I’m a Guardian!” Yorick butted in, flashing a dashing smile, “Hello, milady. Yorick Zahn, at your service. I’d ask for your number, but now is not the time. Follow me! Come on!”
    Last edited by Solsaiden Hel; 03-11-2012 at 09:16 AM.

Planeswalker Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Playing Cards
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-19-2013 11:31 AM
    Threads

OOC: @Solsaiden Hel don't forget your all still trapped in Thanatos's illusion world till Chinatsu dispels it.

????

Thanatos
    Sync: 300% and rising

Thanatos sturggled with Mama's nightmare.
    "You!" He growled. "Stay out of this. Go back to your stupid kiddy farm."
    He brought his knee up quickly to strike a blow to Belone's head, before feinting at the last moment and knocking the Nightmare away with a blow to the back. He was panting heavy. He ignored the needle in his leg. Why would the pain of that stop him?
    "Your breaking the deal here ex-Guardian." His voice was rough, edged with an underlying pain. "You really want to risk the life of your little kids?"
    He used that moment of hesitation to right himself and to get away. He had a brother to kill.

Turning sharply he spotted his Brothers' newest connections. As he lunged he realised that a copy of the them had appeared from no where. But illusions were his power. And he had far more experience to draw on. With a sharp whistle new copies of himself appeared each one aimed at a different person, both copy and orginal.

No time.
    Hypnos dived into the guardians mind.
    "Forgive me."
    "You and your nightmare."
    He drew deep on the guardians energy.
    Connecting with his Nightmare as well.

Hypnos sync: 15%

With it his presence grew.
    "You will now be his target."
    "I will be quick."
    "As a guardian you know of sync?"
    "I am here to stop my brother."
    "To do so I need the energy formed by a high sync."
    "Please sync as high as you can."
    "Time is off the essence."
    He saw Thanatos active his power.
    But Hypnos knew his brother.
    "The real one is aiming for the real Allana."
    "He can see me within her."
    "Stop him."
    "She is key."
    "I don't need to have the perfect plan. My foe just has to have an imperfect one." Jace Beleren

"Why fight the body when you can dominate the mind that rules it?" Jace Beleren

Senior Member Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Silver Ribbon Four Leaf Clover Teal Ribbon
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2019 02:20 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aspirantgarde

Piers
    Sync: 100%

"Mister!" He didn't know how else to address him, or it, "You're bleeding! We have to get you to the hospital!"

Then, the horror of being a potential murderer suddenly dawned on Aiden. Fear suffocated him. Aiden immediately took off his bloody shirt and used it to apply pressure on the wound like they did in movies.

"I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!" Tears blurred his vision, "I didn't mean to. Please don't die! Don't die!"

The boy had accomplished it, and his nightmare was subdued; in fact, the nightmare now looked quite amicable. This was a remarkable feat, but just as remarkable was his genuine care and concern for Piers’s wellbeing. The pressure the boy placed on his wound hurt, but Piers was touched by the boy’s concern.

“Don’t worry,” Piers said, hoping his voice wouldn’t sound too grave or raspy due to the sync. “You don’t need to explain or feel responsible for this. I’ll be fine. And you—you’ve controlled your nightmare! We’ve got a lot to discuss, but for now you need to get to a safe—”

Something in the corner of his eye caused Piers to look over to the shore. A massive wave was rushing at them all, and had seemingly come from nowhere. Piers was about to grab Aiden to keep him from being washed away, but once the wave crashed the waters receded rather quickly, never touching him at all. As they did so, Piers could see that Landy had been thoroughly drenched by the massive wave. She seemed to be okay, but the next sight truly baffled Piers.

Who is that?!

What appeared to be a young girl began to walk towards Landy—on the water.

Piers looked back at Aiden. “Please get to a safe place, alright? You did us all a favor by subduing your nightmare, but I’m afraid this isn’t over and I want to make sure you’re safe.” Laboriously getting up, Piers grunted with pain but stood nonetheless. Each step towards Landy hurt as the impact made the wound on his chest throb with pain, but he wasn’t about to see something happen to Landy right in front of him.
    Last edited by Cross Avantgarde; 03-16-2012 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Guess...

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

(My apologies, Valk.
    Grammar, spelling, and colors, Cross?
    I asked my friends to suggest a 'sexy animal', and they said, 'cougar'.)

Hyrez Thomasai

Naomi tilted her head up at the amalgam of Jigsaw, Adam Cross, and his Nightmare.

"Why, mister! What a big ugly monster you are! Are you going to kill me?"

And she smiled.

Yorick

"Forgive me. You and your nightmare."

"HOLY SMOKES! I'm hearing voices while sober!"

"You will now be his target."
    "I will be quick."

"And it's a DUDE!"

"As a guardian you know of sync?"
    "I am here to stop my brother."
    "To do so I need the energy formed by a high sync."
    "Please sync as high as you can."
    "Time is of the essence."

"Are you my conscience? Because I swear I didn't do it, whatever it was."

"The real one is aiming for the real Allana."
    "He can see me within her."
    "Stop him."
    "She is key."

"Woah woah woah back up a second there. First of all, who the hell are you, Nightmare? Second, who the hell is really your Host? Third, I would rather infiltrate a military base dressed as a cheerleader than sync with-"

The voice rang in Chain's head and she heard every word. She turned back to Anna, deftly leapt backwards, and appeared next to Yorick.

"You heard him, babe." She coyly tugged on his front shirt, "He's an honest Nightmare. We could end this fight by following what he says. I can feel it. My whole body is just tingling to sync with you."

A cold evil shiver crawled down his spine. He avoided syncing with Chain at almost any cost. Yet Yorick had long learned to trust her instincts, although not to trust Chain herself.

"Come on. One quick burst of full sync is all he needs. You trust me, don't you?"

"As much as I trust a shark with my left arm."

"You promised to protect them, darling."

She had him. With a look of utter disgust, he barely whispered his answer.

"...Oka-"

His reply did not even leave his lips when a look of insane hunger took over Chain's face, like a ravenous cougar devouring its prey. She immediately seemed to disappear into him and they synchronized.

Sync: 95%
    Last edited by Solsaiden Hel; 03-19-2012 at 06:15 PM.

Senior Member ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Haruhi Sos Dan
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-30-2016 11:41 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: momofaerie PSN ID: Kiwimilk Steam ID: kiwimilk

Belone
    Role: Nightmare
    Sync: 78%

Belone didn't make a sound as it crashed into the tables. It was struggling to stand. The sync between it had with Renee was decreasing. Renee was old. They haven't synced for this long in years. Funny how it was once like second nature. It didn't understand though; how could it be losing sync with her? It really needed to concentrate. It couldn't fail now. Not again. Failure was not an option. Renee was depending on it. Lives were in danger here. Ever since Renee had conquered it, Belone was given true purpose. It would never
    admit that to Renee. Even in death, it will allow Renee to believe that it was never anything but a weapon because that was its purpose. It didn't feel pride or anything of the sort, but it was needed and that was enough to keep it fighting. Without purpose, there was no point to its existence, and if its purpose right now was to save Alanna, it would die trying to fulfill that purpose.

When it saw that Thanatos had duplicated himself, it had its hand poised on a needle filled with a powerful stem cell liquid that would cause whatever cells it came in contact with to rapidly multiply, a rate that was comparable to the growth of cancerous tumors but tenfold. It was one of the most potent needles Belone had. It removed it from the bunch but Renee stilled it.

"Wait Belone!" Mama cried.

It did. But it didn't know why.

"The children!"

Ridiculous. He cannot harm them when dead.

"Belone! We can't risk it...! Not... not even for Alanna... Please."

It had no choice. It had to cease. It's purpose was imploring it.

Alanna
    Role: Feral
    Items: backpack with inhaler and money

Alanna couldn't act quickly enough when Thanatos, or one of his copies, materialized in front of her. How could she? She was merely a human girl trying save someone she cared about. That thing with the needles in its head, Thanatos said something about a kiddy farm. Could it be that that thing was to the nurse as Mama was Alanna? No time to think about that.

I'm useless. Completely and utterly useless. Her thoughts were running a mile a minute. She could feel another asthma attack coming. Damn you, you witch! If you wanna live, you have to keep me alive! DO SOMETHING! Needless to say, that triggered an instantaneous reaction from Yuuko, but Alanna still refused to fully give herself to the Nightmare, afraid that if there was any possibility Jace was in there, that she could not reach him.

Yuuko
    Sync: 96%

Alanna's pretty little human form melted away into the hideous image of the eyeless nurse. She smiled eerily at Thanatos. "Why, hello again," she said, her Japanese accent still thick. "Funny we keep meeting like this. Seems like you've gained a bit of weight since the last time." She laughed at her own joke. Then she felt something tingle inside of her. Then she heard the soft sniffling, felt a foreign emotion inside of her but it was not hers. She couldn't help but chuckle. "Oh dear, now you've made poor little Alanna cry. Well..." she flexed her fingers, grinning. "I have just the medicine for that. It will require your assistance though, Mister Thanatos."

Senior Member Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

OOC: @Solsaiden Hel : Yep, you nailed it! And your Yorick puts mine to shame...
    @all: Going back to white for Piers.

Piers

Naomi tilted her head up at the amalgam of Jigsaw, Adam Cross, and his Nightmare.

"Why, mister! What a big ugly monster you are! Are you going to kill me?"

And she smiled.

Though Piers’s sensations were a bit altered to say the least, he could have sworn that he felt chills run through him at the moment. Something seemed utterly sinister about the girl.

He wanted to act. And fast. It was clear she was after Landy. But Guardians have to be cautious, as the girl might be a synced human/nightmare, and he could hurt the human host. If she were merely a nightmare, however, that would simplify things. At any rate, he couldn’t sit idly by and wait for something to happen to Landy.

“I don’t know who you are, but you picked the wrong girl to kidnap,” Piers said as caustically and authoritatively as he could, even to the point of it feeling unnatural for him. He was unsure if the girl even wanted to kidnap Landy in the first place; perhaps she just wanted to hurt her, or even kill her. Piers assumed, given the very methodical way in which she approached Landy, that the girl was out to take Landy; if he was wrong, however, he didn’t have much time to spare as she could strike at Landy at any moment.

“What do you want with her?” Piers said, his tone constant. The pain in his chest was seething, and though he did his best to ignore it he nevertheless worried that it would hamper his actions in a costly way.
    Last edited by Cross Avantgarde; 03-22-2012 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Status insertion

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Hyrez Thomasai
    Items: (NPC Marianna and Francis)

"Me? I'm only fetching her for Daddy!" Naomi giggled delightfully, like a thousand tiny chiming bells. She clasped her hands behind her back, took a big step towards him, and looked up at the towering creature.

"My turn to ask a question now, Mister Adam Cross!"

Naomi tip-toed so that she could reach his ear. Then she leaned forward and placed her hand next to her mouth. Her whisper was nothing more than the breath of a dying girl.

"Any last words?"
    Last edited by Solsaiden Hel; 03-23-2012 at 07:47 PM. Reason: She was OOC. :<

Planeswalker Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Playing Cards
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

OOC:
    WARNING!
    Scary post.

Seriously.
    Well I tried.

????
    Sync = 35%

"Nightmare do not harm the boy" He whispered to Chain.
    "Or learn that our fury runs in the family blood." He warned her.
    But as he did a chill ran through his body.
    The same chill that had made it's way when his brother noticed him.
    Once again he found himself draw to stare into his Brother's eyes.
    What he saw brought tears.

Thanatos
    Sync: 350% and rising

There was silence. The kind of silence that is always linked to that phrase people say. There he was. Thanatos. His body dying, his mind weakening. Surrounded by three Nightmares of increasing power. A poison ran through his leg. His bones groaned under the pressure of his form. His eyes blurred in sharp stinging moments. And he just stood.
    It was not heroic. He was the villian. Lives weight on his shoulders. Live he had stolen. His eyes burned with hate. Blood was dripping from his very skin. Slowly, as the silence stretched, it became the only noise. Drip, drip, drip.
    Here was the Calm before the Storm.
    "Brother." He whispered.
    "Why Brother?" His voice strained to form words. He cheeks ripped as he spoke. Flesh hung for moments before knitting back together. He seemed to not care.
    "Why do you do this? Are we not family?"
    "We exist together. We know all about each other."
    "So why can't you accept me? Why don't you care?"
    His voice picked up.
    "I have only done what I was born to do. I have done nothing wrong?"
    "Nothing wrong..."
    "Nothing..."
    "..."

"Brother" Hypno's heart weighed down on him. "Please just return..."

Thanatos let out a howling laughter.
    "I DID NOTHING WRONG!"
    "IT WAS ALL YOU!"
    "LOOK AT THOSE YOU HAVE INFECTED!"
    "LOOK AT THOSE YOU HAVE TAINTED WITH YOUR PRESENCE!"
    "LOOK AT THOSE YOU HAVE KILLED BY YOUR TOUCH!"
    Thanatos locked his gaze with the Nurse, with Alanna's Nightmare, knowing that was the first Hypnos had linked within.
    "Know brother. Know what pain you have brought to these people." Thanatos shook with fatigue.
    "I will defeat you all. One by one. Then I will imprison you all here." He breathed deep, a rasping heavy breath.
    "I will start with the boy. I will end with the girl you claimed first."
    "I will pin you all in place. Blade through hands."
    "I will pluck each individual hair from each individual pore. I will sew shut your imperfect bodies."

"Except the eyes."

"I will leave them open so you may each watch what will unfold." His eyes were cold, pure ice.
    "I will peel their skin back, piece by piece. Making sure it is deep enough for them to bleed, but thin enough that it will heal. I will perform it without pause and when the last peice it taken the first shall be healed."
    "I will repeat it. Repeat it a thousand times. Then a thousand times a thousand."
    "I will make sure they watch. Make sure that their only thoughts are of the pain."
    "I will reach into their very mind and pluck their darkest memories from their skulls."
    "Then they will relive it. Over and over. Endless to them but only second to us."

"And when I grow bored. When their bodies are broken, their mind shattered, their hope stolen. Only then will I stop and move onto the next person."

Thanatos drew his swords from within his body. His expression became colder and colder. The flaming rage now burning ice.
    "Know now Brother. You killed them. Not me."
    He attacked.
    Last edited by Valkarma; 03-26-2012 at 11:14 AM.
    "I don't need to have the perfect plan. My foe just has to have an imperfect one." Jace Beleren

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Piers

"Me? I'm only fetching her for Daddy!" Naomi giggled delightfully, like a thousand tiny chiming bells. She clasped her hands behind her back, took a big step towards him, and looked up at the towering creature.

"My turn to ask a question now, Mister Adam Cross!"

Piers was stunned. Adam Cross? That was the name he’d used at the Rostov Estate. How did this nightmare (or what he assumed to be an unsynced nightmare) know that, and who was the one it called “Daddy?”

Naomi tip-toed so that she could reach his ear. Then she leaned forward and placed her hand next to her mouth. Her whisper was nothing more than the breath of a dying girl.

"Any last words?"

Piers was playing right into the hands of the opponent, and he felt his terror mounting. The nightmare was getting into his head. Perhaps it was her blatant confidence, or the playful way in which she was morbidly toying with him. Trying his best to keep a clear head amidst the rising fear the nightmare was forcing upon him, Piers noticed that by approaching him, the nightmare had moved away from Landy. Piers would not waste the opportunity.

Instead of replying, Piers dashed towards Landy and placed himself between her and the girlish nightmare. Each time he struck the ground with his feet in his dash the resulting shock sent intense pain through the wound on his chest. He resisted the urge to hold his chest in pain as he prepared himself to speak to the nightmare.

“Last words?” Piers shook his head. “Well, since it’s obvious that you’re so intent on killing me, it can’t hurt you to answer a simple question. Why did you call me ‘Adam Cross?’ And who is the one you called ‘Daddy?’”

Piers was indeed seeking that information but at the same time he was buying time for the wound to ease in pain (though he wasn’t hopeful of receiving much relief any time soon), and potentially for one of his allies to formulate a plan of attack. The nightmare was sure of herself, and as many times as Piers had tried to appear cocky to dishearten his own foes, he had to admit that this time he was falling for his own tactic as the nightmare’s behavior was firmly unnerving him.
    Last edited by Cross Avantgarde; 03-24-2012 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Font this time.

Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Ambulance
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Location- Conifer beach
    Status- Day
    Role- Vortex
    Items- N/A

Suddenly the barage lightened. She opened her eyes and looked up to see the girl was right in her face, talking about someone she called 'daddy'. She was so in shock that she couldn't even attack in the moment of openness that was presented to her. When she had finally regained some of her sense and was about to attack, Piers lured her across the beach. She couldn't even wrap her head around what was going on and in her confusion, she just sank to her knees on the sand. She stared as the small girl and Piers interacted. She tried to comprehend what they were saying but all she could do was stare.

Piers' sudden dash to her broke her out of her thoughts and she was finally able to focus. She looked up at him, her eyes full of hope now that he was here. He always made everything better. Then she noticed the hole in his chest and the blood soaking through his clothes. Landy gasped as she watched him try to protect her while he was hurt. Was she really that pathetic? Her heart hurt as she thought about him risking his life just for her. She couldn't stand it. Not this time. It was her turn to help him, to make sure he stayed alive. She knew what she had to do. With Piers' back to her, she stood. She pulled up the wind, gently but swiftly sweeping him off of his feet and carrying him down the beach at least a mile before she set him down gently on the sand.

Her voice shook as she spoke to the small girl. "I'll go. Leave everybody else alone, and I'll go without any more resistance. I promise. Just let them go."

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Naomi tittered, "Silly! I call you Adam Cross because that’s what you told Daddy your name is. Not Tom, not Dick, not Piers deFoe."

Her fingers spread in the air as if to play a piano.

"Now, scream!"

Her voice shook as she spoke to the small girl. "I'll go. Leave everybody else alone, and I'll go without any more resistance. I promise. Just let them go."

Jenica’s dismembered hand halted a mere fingernail away from penetrating the hole in Adam Cross’ chest. It dropped on the sand with a soft plunk.

"- Oh! Well… Okay!"

Naomi skipped around him. She seized Landy’s arm with two small hands and pulled her to her feet, “Come! Come with me, Miss Vortex! Daddy and Mister Loki have been waiting sooo long to see you!”

Yorick
    Sync: 96% to 64% (after hearing Thanatos' proposal for killing them)

Yorick felt queasy after picturing the monster’s gruesome recipe for their deaths. He turned around and gagged.

"Dude! You seriously need to get out more! Enjoy some sunshine, butterflies, and rainbows. Eat some ice cream. Swim in a lake. Frolic through flowers. Date a nice girl. Live, love, and laugh a little, you know? It’s the stuff life is made of. Cheer up, for Pete’s sake!"

In his mind, Chain rolled her eyes.

This isn’t 'Counseling Therapy with Yorick'. This is 'Yorick Saves the Princesses or Chain will eat their Hearts Out.' WATCH! HE’S COMING!

She instantly turned into an adamant shield twice Yorick’s height and deflected the attack.
    Last edited by Solsaiden Hel; 03-26-2012 at 05:32 AM. Reason: How do people pick sync percentages? They're so random.

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Piers

Naomi tittered, "Silly! I call you Adam Cross because that’s what you told Daddy your name is. Not Tom, not Dick, not Piers deFoe."

It was him. And he knew his true identity. He was the only one Piers had ever given the nom de guerre of “Adam Cross” to. And the nightmare was calling Goldmine “Daddy?”

Goldmine...you’re behind this...

Piers clinched his fists, and noticed the pain in his chest that flared up with such a simple act. As much as he would hate to admit it, he feared Goldmine. He had learned quickly of his capability and intelligence the first time he had met the man, and it seemed that things were beginning to become more and more complicated.

Her fingers spread in the air as if to play a piano.

"Now, scream!"

Piers’s eyes widened as he tried to anticipate what attack the diminutive nightmare might try to unleash. In fact, he didn’t even notice the hand that was so close to his wound.

With Piers' back to her, she stood. She pulled up the wind, gently but swiftly sweeping him off of his feet and carrying him down the beach at least a mile before she set him down gently on the sand.

Looking around in shock, it took Piers more than a second to realize that it had likely been Landy who had moved him so far away from the fight. At first he had thought that Goldmine’s nightmare was going to hurl him violently into the air, as he had no idea that Landy was intervening on his behalf. Yet now he was so very far away, and wounded as he was he had little hope of getting to Landy before the nightmare made her move. Still, he dashed—for about fifty meters. Falling to the sand, he realized that the impact of the ground from his feet in such a quick run was too excruciating for his wound, and he doubled over in pain. Yet he attempted to dash again. This time, he made it about one hundred twenty meters before collapsing in even more pain.

I won’t make it in time! What is she going to do to Landy?!

Piers could barely make out the individuals in the distance, and if his eyes weren’t deceiving him it appeared that two vehicles had parked close by the beach on the street. Had they been there the whole time? If Goldmine was ordering his nightmare, could it be that he was in one of the vehicles?

Piers had no chance of making it to Landy before the nightmare acted. The vehicles were equally distant from him. Yet if he could make it to Goldmine, he might be able to use some leverage against Landy’s assailant.

He knew better than to dash again. He made his way as quickly as he could, sometimes almost running, sometimes jogging. His strength was beginning to flag, and had it not been for the sync then the loss of blood would have likely made him delirious by now, verging on the edge of consciousness. Yet no matter how quickly he tried to move, he was still too far away. Gambling on the chance that he could distract the nightmare by catching the attention of his host, Piers cupped his hands around his mouth and screamed as loudly as he could.

“Goldmine!” he screamed. He wanted to make a threat, but what threat was he at such a distance? Further, he was wounded and weary. That idea would have to come to him later; for now, the nightmare had to be stalled before it got to Landy.

Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Ambulance
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Location- Conifer beach
    Status- Day
    Role- Vortex
    Items- N/A

Landy looked over at Piers as he struggled to get closer and a tear slipped down her cheek. He was one of her only friends and she wanted to run over and help him like all those she helped in the hosipital but she couldn't. She had to go to save his life. She would have to trust that someone else would be able to tend to his wounds. She wiped her tear away with the back of her wrist and then took the little girls' hand. "You're a good little girl," she said with a forced little smile as she was led to what she assumed was certain death. As they made their way to the cars parked by the beach, she looked back to where Piers was way down the beach. She blew him a kiss and mouthed 'take care' with the highest hopes that he could see it as another tear escaped down her cheek before she turned her back. She prayed for his well being and long life as she went to meet her own certain demise.

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

"There is no reason for tears, miss Norrett." He smiled, "I will soon introduce you to a rather impatient man, and it is unwise to look unkempt. Allow me."

Thomasai's handkerchief had an ornate letter 'G' sewn on one corner. He gently brushed Landy's cheeks dry. Then he courteously took Landy's hand and bowed as if to kiss it.

"It is my pleasure to finally meet you. I am Hyrez Thomasai. You may have heard of me as 'Goldmine', if you have the slightest interest in local news."

Naomi giggled because the way Adam Cross slithered across the sand was just too funny.

"Your quiet compliance has saved many lives today. I must commend your audacity. Rest assured, I will take care of you."

Goldmine!”

"... If, however, you are concerned about leaving your little lying friend... Marianna, see if you can do anything for him."

Rather lethargically, Marianna nodded and unhurriedly drifted across the sands to their previous house guest. She stood a few feet away from his kneeling and bleeding figure, hands folded primly.

"Would you be needing any kind of assistance, Sir Cross?"
    Last edited by Solsaiden Hel; 04-04-2012 at 01:42 AM. Reason: Thomasai is a difficult character.

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Piers

Rather lethargically, Marianna nodded and unhurriedly drifted across the sands to their previous house guest. She stood a few feet away from his kneeling and bleeding figure, hands folded primly.

"Would you be needing any kind of assistance, Sir Cross?"

Winded and aching, Piers remained knelt on the sand. The casual treatment from the woman reminded Piers of how calm and commanding Goldmine, her boss, always seemed to be. Piers felt that the situation was getting more serious by the second, particularly because Goldmine had now made his way to Landy and was conversing with her. Piers was much too far away to help, and was feeling next to powerless.

Piers would have preferred to think his way through this but several factors kept him from doing so. Cerise was immobilized and unconscious inside Titan. Landy was at the mercy of Goldmine. Karn was unresponsive. Rod and Ace were up against huge odds. The young boy wasn’t out of harm’s way. These facts bearing down upon him, Piers was finding it difficult to think about the best course of action. So, he simply asked a question between breaths.

“Just…tell me why—no, tell me what—you plan to do with Landy.” He shook his head and spoke again, “Tell me what Goldmine’s goal is.” Piers hardly expected an answer. Yet he felt that Goldmine was just smug enough to allow his toady to spill info, as assured as he was in himself. It wasn’t much of a plan. But Piers wasn’t much of a threat, either.

Senior Member ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Haruhi Sos Dan
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-30-2016 11:41 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: momofaerie PSN ID: Kiwimilk Steam ID: kiwimilk

OOC: @Valkarma Will this work??? I want to save Jace!

Yuuko
    Sync: 98%

Being blind, Yuuko could not see Thanatos' eyes on hers. But she knew. She heard it; the way his voice shifted from one ear to both. His breath reeked of decay and despair. Was he truly growing stronger or was he deteriorating? The hate, the anguish in his voice was enough to drive a person mad. But Yuuko was not a person. She was a Nightmare. One's pain was her pleasure. For example, Alanna, who even Yuuko had to admit always seemed to be full of will and strength, has finally broken down. She didn't think she could save the boy whom she loves. She's lost hope... almost. If she had truly given up, she wouldn't have called on Yuuko. As delighted as Yuuko was, she knew that this was not a time to joke. Then again, taunting was only one of her any talents. The only way she could continue her fun was if she kept her silly little host alive.

I can help you save your little boyfriend. But you must fully give yourself to me.

... I don't trust you.

Didn't ask you to darling.

With that Alanna gave in. What other choice did she have?

SYNC: 100%

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

(OOC: I realized, this is the way I do 'battle'. Oh, I really love being the bad guy. Sorry for messing with all of you, but man! This makes me so happy.
    Just waiting for Sab to post. In the meantime, I hope you guys don't mind that I control some NPCs.
    @Shobu , I'm also waiting for Valk, who is waiting for Luka.
    ... don't worry, we'll get to the ending. lol.)

Marianna
    Role: NPC (Mansion Servant)
    Items: Truck keys

"... And I thought you would ask for medical assistance." Marianna mumbled under her breath, prudently stifling a yawn.

"Very well. When Master Loki arrives he'll take the Vortex from Miss Landy. Fortunately, she will live if he allows her to. As for Master Goldmine, his goal is to eliminate his Nightmare, sweet Naomi, from himself."

She walked before him, folded her skirt behind her, and knelt. Marianna mirrored him exactly.

"You have asked the wrong questions, sir. Perhaps the ones you truly wish to ask are, what can I do now? What can I, a mere mortal man bleeding to death on this beach, do to help others? Or rather, how much of myself am I honestly willing to lose, if it means saving the lives of who count on me?"

Marianna placed a finger to her lips as if whispering a secret.

"Sir Adam Cross, grant me a boon. Just one. It will teach you what you must do to protect all that you cherish. Fear not, it is perfectly attainable. Your only hindrance is your Will."

She smiled. Perhaps all inhabitants of the Rostov mansion smile that way, or it may be a side effect of living in there for too long.

"Kill me. Yes, kind sir, I am asking you to put me to death." She lightly rested her chin on a palm. "Oh please, just try."
    Last edited by Solsaiden Hel; 04-07-2012 at 12:23 AM.

Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Playing Cards
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Hypnos
    Sync = 65%

Thanatos
    Sync: 375% and rising

As Thanatos hit the shield the nightmare formed there was a sharp cracking noise. Thanatos's arm popped clean out of his shoulder at the impact. He used his feet to kick away from the Nightmare and the others, his arm hanging loose by his side. He grabbed it and snapped it back into place. The expression on his face never changed once. There was another sharp crack and a line appeared in the sky. Thanaots illusion was beginning to dismantle.

"Dude! You seriously need to get out more! Enjoy some sunshine, butterflies, and rainbows. Eat some ice cream. Swim in a lake. Frolic through flowers. Date a nice girl. Live, love, and laugh a little, you know? It’s the stuff life is made of. Cheer up, for Pete’s sake!"

"Life?" He muttered, his voice strained and monotone. "Life?"
    He staggered a bit as he slipped on his own blood. He coughed and more of it emerged from his mouth. His skin grew pale for a moment. Then it began to regain it's colour. But it took longer then normal. His ability to regenerate was weakening. He still had that cold stare. He had yet to blink.
    "I am death." He made not attempt to repair his illusion as it began to fall apart. "Life is nothing next to me." He lunged forwards towards Chain but twisted at the last moment heading towards the Nurse.

Sync: 350% and falling

Thanatos illusion unravelled.

Hypnos felt his gut twist.
    It was such a horrid experience to watch.
    "Alanna" He whispered.
    With those words he drew himself into her mind.
    Deep into her existance so that they stood before each other.
    With the nightmare syncing so high Hypnos could stand before Alanna within her mind.
    She appeared in the form she saw herself as. He appeared in the form he was.
    A young boy drapped in white.
    A cloak unstained by anything.
    Face hidden.
    "Alanna?" He whispered, "Can you hear me?"
    "He is dying. Thanatos is killing him to get at me."
    "He knows he can't beat three Nightmares. So he will murder Jace trying to kill me."
    "He can't be allowed too. Jace is not his to use."
    "Girl who reminds Jace about life." He spoke softly and kindly.
    "Save him. Save Jace." He pulled at the hood covering his face.
    As it fell back it reveal a yound tired looking person.
    Except for three black lines falling from the bottom of each eye he looked exactly the same.
    Exactly the same as Jace.
    "Save my host that my Brother stole."

Senior Member Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Gifts Dr Who Tardis Dr Who SonicScrewdriver Green Ribbon
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-11-2015 01:50 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Danger Duchess

(Sorry it took so long! Right now, I'm in the hospital, so I probably won't post again til after I'm discharged)
    Role: Watcher
    Items: Pill Bottle (empty), Cell Phone

Hearing Thanatos's words, Chinatsu almost doubled over in nausea. She felt like she was suffocating in fear and hyperventilated. The voice in her head didn't make it any better. The stress was getting to her. What could a little sick woman do? She was still a teen and her illness made her the most insignificant asset to the battle. Her face began to feel wet as streams of tears began to fall. Her lament grew stronger the more and more she stressed over it. She didn't want to watch them die and she herself was going to die, just a lot quicker than she used to think. No. Not today. Not by him. She kicked another wooden column from the staircase and closed her eyes, focusing on the voice in her head. I don't understand why you chose me to help you or why I should attempt to help with my composition. But your host saved my life and I must return the favor. I apologize if I hurt him in the process but it's all I can do.

Taking a deep breath, she ran with the wooden column in her hands. She lunged towards Thanatos and thrusted the sharp end towards him. "I already told you, I'm not afraid of you. I don't care if you kill me honestly, at least I gave everyone else a chance." She said, feeling her medicine begin to wear off. She coughed up a small amount of blood but still stood, even though her body begged her to give in
    A human bitten by pureblood vampires turn into vampires themselves. When that happens, there can be only one of two results, Their blood becomes toxic and die, or slowly suffering the pain of transforming into a vampire. Other vampires don't possess this dark power that purebloods have. I respect his strength of will, he was only a human, yet he resisted the powerful vampire instinct for four years. ~ Kaname Kuran,

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

@Solsaiden Hel : Your psychological toying with Piers makes me fear Marianna more than Hannibal Lecter. I’m far out of my league! Awesome job, Sols.
    @Luka Megurine : Please accept a late “Get well soon” wish. Hope you get to come home quickly and that you feel better.
    Piers

"... And I thought you would ask for medical assistance." Marianna mumbled under her breath, prudently stifling a yawn.

"Very well. When Master Loki arrives he'll take the Vortex from Miss Landy. Fortunately, she will live if he allows her to. As for Master Goldmine, his goal is to eliminate his Nightmare, sweet Naomi, from himself."

The pain in his chest was easing now that he was immobile, but that was to say nothing of his frustration. Of all that the insouciant Marianna had said, almost all of it was new and startling information to Piers. Marianna seemed as calm and in control of the situation as her boss, and it was unnerving Piers.

Who is Loki? What does she mean, “take the Vortex” from Landy? Why is Goldmine looking to get rid of his nightmare? Piers was relieved, in spite of the situation, that Landy’s death was not an explicit goal of Goldmine’s. Yet her life was not promised, either.

She walked before him, folded her skirt behind her, and knelt. Marianna mirrored him exactly.

"You have asked the wrong questions, sir. Perhaps the ones you truly wish to ask are, what can I do now? What can I, a mere mortal man bleeding to death on this beach, do to help others? Or rather, how much of myself am I honestly willing to lose, if it means saving the lives of who count on me?"

Piers looked right into the eyes of Marianna, her face being perfectly level with his. Surely she was a nightmare herself…that was the only way to explain how she had read his thoughts and ambitions as if he were an open book, laid bare before the reader without a modicum of defense or ambiguity. Piers noticed that he was barely breathing.

Marianna placed a finger to her lips as if whispering a secret.

"Sir Adam Cross, grant me a boon. Just one. It will teach you what you must do to protect all that you cherish. Fear not, it is perfectly attainable. Your only hindrance is your Will."

She smiled. Perhaps all inhabitants of the Rostov mansion smile that way, or it may be a side effect of living in there for too long.

"Kill me. Yes, kind sir, I am asking you to put me to death." She lightly rested her chin on a palm. "Oh please, just try."

Piers swallowed. It may have been somewhat noticeable, even in his synced form. Less noticeable may have been the anxiety and confusion that ran throughout his being. What kind of act was this? Was it an act at all?

Piers’s ancestors, the Anglo-Saxons, expressed the need for an individual to know completely how she or he would act in the face of danger before expressing such actions in words. That’s what made heroes like Beowulf so tragic: they’d never met their limits, and they died before realizing what they were capable of, victims of their own rash actions. Such did not describe Piers, however. He was full of limits, and felt almost hopeless—and helpless—at the moment. A psychologist he’d met in the Army, Anji, had been the only one to be able to read people like Marianna just did. Piers remembered how astounded he’d been to see that skill at work, and yet here he was far from astounded and was instead troubled, scared, and out of ideas. But he did have a few certainties intact. And when all other foundations disappear and are washed away like sand on the very beach he knelt upon, those few foundations of certainty remain as rock embedded in the ground.

“You ask me to perform what can only be described as a cruelty,” Piers responded. He wished that his voice were full of strength, but it was clear that the wound had leveled out any bravado he’d wish to muster. Nevertheless, he spoke on. “Perhaps you forget that it is the weak who are cruel?” Piers shook his head and continued, “And I won’t be weak for the people on this beach who need me.”

Piers’s eyes narrowed as he spoke his next words. “Request denied.”

Nightmares do not have to worry about blood loss. Piers was fully aware of that. Desyncing would only allow Jitters to move about more freely and intercede on behalf of those that needed him. But Piers had to wait. Marianna had identified someone else, an individual named Loki, and only if Loki didn’t show up and Goldmine was on the very verge of taking Landy would Piers make his last ditch effort and leave all to the ability of Jitters and his comrades who remained on the beach. The damage would still be shared between the two, but Jitters would be far less hindered, and could still make a difference. And that difference was sorely needed.

Still, Piers had to wait.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information