AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 84 of 96 FirstFirst ... 34 74 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 94 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 2393

Thread: RPG: Nightmare Hunt (A Supernatural/Mystery RPG)

Building Castles Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Ambulance
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-22-2013 01:06 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Re: RPG: Nightmare Hunt (A Supernatural/Mystery RPG)

Location- Conifer beach
    Status- Day
    Role- Feral
    Items- N/A

Sigataph couldn't help but smirk as Piers tried his hardest to run away from her. She wanted to string this along, have some fun but she was becoming worn. She sprang up a small twister under his feet to trip him before closing in and circling the fire and wind vortexes around them. She took a moment to discreetly catch her breath before smirking at Piers and chuckling a little. "So sorry, darling, but this must be done. I need all the weapons I can in my arsenal. Besides, I'm not sure that your Nightmare is doing you much good at this moment anyway. Hand him over peacefully and I'll grant you the same treatment I gave your friend," she said, calmly and coldly. She wasn't sure how it had gotten to this point. She herself couldn't remember why she had started doing this. It was too late now, though. She was so drunk on the power that all she could see was more. There was a bottomless pit of power out there and she just needed to harness it. Her eyes glimmered as she but the thoughts in the back of her mind.
    samba bamba, llama momma.

need a new set, feel free to offer. :3

Senior Member Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Silver Ribbon Four Leaf Clover Teal Ribbon
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2019 02:20 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aspirantgarde

Piers
    Role: Guardian
    Items: Guardian radio, cell phone, pen and paper with notes (both inside jacket)

Could he escape? Would he escape? Piers attempted to push those thoughts (or rather fears) to the back of his mind, for he was not trying to escape; he was merely trying to buy his allies time to strike. Nevertheless, without Skitters he had little hope of wielding the speed necessary to put enough distance between himself and Sigataph. Quite suddenly, an unseen force seemed to take his feet right out from under him, and Piers hit the sand hard, sliding roughly a meter before stopping on his back—looking straight up at Sigataph.

"So sorry, darling, but this must be done. I need all the weapons I can in my arsenal. Besides, I'm not sure that your Nightmare is doing you much good at this moment anyway. Hand him over peacefully and I'll grant you the same treatment I gave your friend," she said, calmly and coldly.

And suddenly what Sigataph had done to Karn became clear: she had stolen his nightmare. He couldn’t escape—that much was clear. But he could warn the others of what Sigataph was doing.

“She’s able to remove our nightmares!” Piers yelled as loudly as he could. “She’s using their abilities! Don’t let her get close!” It was too late for him, and ironically Sigataph was right: Skitters was still unresponsive. He knew that soon he would be immobilized like Karn—if Sigataph had mercy on him. At worst, she would kill him, and Piers wouldn’t put that past her. As a last ditch effort—or a last act altogether—Piers looked directly into the fiery eyes of Sigataph and mustered all the courage he could as he spoke.

“Landy—Landy, I know you’re in there. Try to break free Landy; try to regain control! And if you can’t...just know that we’re going to free you. You’re going to be okay, Landy...and when you do, please tell Glaiza that...”

There was no time; that much was apparent. Piers reached into his shirt, pulled out his dog tags, and kissed the cross that was strung along the same chain. Sigataph had him where she wanted him, he had done all he could, and he was now at her mercy.

“Kyrie Eléison, Christe Eléison...” he whispered to himself.

Building Castles Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Ambulance
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Location- Conifer beach
    Status- Day
    Role- Feral
    Items- N/A

Sigataph scowled at Piers as his words stirred up a small wave of nausia in her stomach. It felt like Landy was waking up inside and she quickly suppressed it as much as she could. She had to deal with this quickly. She heaved a deep sigh and rolled her eyes a bit as Piers began praying. This almost wasn't worth the work. Who knew what would even happen if she took an inactive nightmare? She stared for just a second and wondered if she would be able to rip the Nightmare out as smoothly as with the other one or if this would end with another death. Oh well, she thought. I don't particullarly like him anyway.

"I'll make this as quick as I can, Piersy, darling, but I can't make any promises of the outcome but it won't matter either way so here we go," she said before quickly leaning forward and gripping his shoulders as she had with the first man. She could feel the vortex working inside of her as well as another force she didn't recognize. She had to be quicker. As the matter built up inside her hands, she gave another hard heave and pulled it into her.

Senior Member Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Piers
    Items: Guardian radio, cell phone, pen and paper with notes (both inside
    jacket)

"I'll make this as quick as I can, Piersy, darling, but I can't make any promises of the outcome but it won't matter either way so here we go," she said before quickly leaning forward and gripping his shoulders as she had with the first man.

Fear gripped him just as strongly as Sigataph did, and the anticipation of the sensations that were to come was horrible in itself. Wondering whether the last thing he would see would be Sigataph’s deathly beautiful but grimly fatal visage, Piers suddenly felt as if something immaterial but nevertheless a part of him was being torn from every fiber of his being.

She could feel the vortex working inside of her as well as another force she didn't recognize. She had to be quicker. As the matter built up inside her hands, she gave another hard heave and pulled it into her.

The pain came suddenly and almost replaced the strange feeling of absence that was ever growing inside him. Despite the fact that Skitters had failed to manifest himself for quite some time, and although the feeling Piers got from Skitters had been altered to say the least, Piers could certainly feel the horrible absence of his nightmare as it was torn from him, and this realization almost drowned out the pain. Almost.

Realizing that he was screaming, his vision seemed to go dark from his peripheral vision inwards, and then, quite suddenly, all was as black as Skitters.

The Fallen Wanderer The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-21-2012 01:07 PM
    Threads

Role: Vagrant
    Items: N/A

Rod had to take a rest from using so much power but it had no effect on the nightmare. Rod was confused as to why one of his strongest attacks was split in half and stopped.
    Before he had time to think of anything, He heard Cerise say something over a radio that made Rod stop in his tracks.

"Someone…! Anyone…! Help, we're at Conifer Beach. There is… a monster here who can separate Nightmare from Guardian. We have three Guardians down. Karn lost his Nightmare… Piers' is unresponsive… mine is against me. Ace is the only one capable of fighting it. Please… is anyone there at HQ? Chinatsu? Yorick? Seda? Melinda? Harue? Someone just please… save them…!"

Rod was shocked at what the nightmare could do and he thought of one solution and that was to detach his connection to Zen and hide him in the farthest corner of mind.

"Zen, I'm sorry for what I'm about to do." Rod said as he felt the connection disappear, " I'll fight her with Ace, you're gonna be hidden for a while."
    Zen nodded and disappeared leaving Rod with only half of their combined strength. He saw that she was after Piers but he was too late to stop her from getting to him.

" Ace, let's go and stop her!!" Rod yelled as he ran toward the flames, " Hey nightmare, I'll take you on. What's the point of going after someone who doesn't have a nightmare to defend himself with? Don't you want to try out your powers on a stronger warrior? If so then I'll show the difference in our power."

Rod channeled his energy and shot a blast of compressed energy at the flames which caused the energy to explode and blow away some sand. He was ready for the nightmare to strike and Ace would provide backup just in case.

Trusting a person is giving someone the ability to destroy you, but at the same time being confident the he/she won't.......

Project Chaos link below.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5CyAAMyFKE

Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Ambulance
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Location- Conifer beach
    Status- Day
    Role- Feral
    Items- N/A

Sigataph dropped Piers' body into the sand. She was tempted to check for a pulse or something for curiosity's sake but then remembered she didn't care. She could feel the new power slowly threading itself through her veins to mix with all the others she had acquired. She felt a new surge of power and was about to begin to test it when the strange feeling began bucking inside again. It squirmed and filled her up until she felt the vortex spin out of control before swirling shut. It stung all over her body but it was nothing to the fear she suddenly felt that she was loosing control. Landy had never been able to fight back before but it was as if she had suddenly found new strength. Sigataph wrenched in the internal battle to keep control but she was slipping and her barriers were failing and then she was gone.

Landy's POV

It was suddenly very, very hot and there was sand blowing in her face. Landy wanted to put her arm in front of her face to protect herself from the wind and heat around her but she couldn't move her muscles. It was as if she had no energy left. She wanted to call for help but she realized she was already screaming. She thought she must be in pain and it was true that her skin felt raw and her veins felt stripped but she was also screaming in victory. She had done it. She had finally fought her Nightmare and won, for once. She wanted to dance and rejoice but her body was limp and numb. She could feel herself slipping into unconciousness. As the swirling storm around her dissipated into the air, she fell to the sand, lost to the darkness.

Senior Member Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Grey Ribbon Silver Ribbon L Laptop
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-30-2013 08:48 AM
    Threads

(I must apologize for being gone for so long. I hope I didn't miss too much.)

Cerise

Cerise cried as the Nightmare woman did the same thing to Piers. The two bodies silently fell onto the sand like clothes.

"ARE YOU HAPPY NOW??" She shouted at Cirocco. He said nothing, and as if closing one's eyes in a horrid nightmare, faded back into Cerise' mind.

She found her strength again. The nearest one she could help was Karn. She could not know if the monster was just feigning sleep, so she should not approach them at all. She ran, ran, ran towards her comrade.

"KARN!" She shook his body like one would a sleeping friend, "KARN WAKE UP! You're stronger than this! You won't let anything defeat you! Get up! GET UP!"

He could be dead, Cerise. Cirocco said quietly.

OhGodohGodohGod...

The root of all phobias is the fear of death. Before her could be yet another dead comrade Guardian, and not too far away, lay two dead bodies. There was so much death. Time seemed to stop, her heart skipped a beat, her limbs froze. Without explanation, she suddenly fell back and distanced herself from Karn's body. Her vision blurred, and it was some time before she realized they were due to tears. Fear overcame her and strengthened Cirocco. He looked like Death's horse for a reason.

She turned her head towards the monster girl who, to her, had killed two of her friends. The girl looked so innocent asleep. Yet she could only see a murdering animal and it did not matter to her anymore if she was a feral or a fellow Guardian.

Cirocco could feel himself getting stronger, so much that he could over power Cerise into sleep again. But he quietly said, Cerise, destroy the cause of your fears. Don't hesitate or we will die.

With a cry the Guardian stood up and closed the distance between her and the monster. She raised both her hands. The strongest form of her time control was stopping it. Cerise covered the girl in an area of frozen time, the largest area she has ever attempted in her life. It froze the monster's heart, its mind, its bodily functions and its whole being in a state colder than ice.

"DIE! DIE! DIE! JUST DIE!" Cerise shrieked.

Theo/Aiden
    Role: Feral

He saw a fire and water tornado fight it out and various beastly monsters that could only come from one's wildest imagination. Aiden, the fearful little child that he was, almost wet his pants with what was happening around him. He could only watch in place, in fear, thinking this was some kind of movie shooting or that he was dreaming. But that did not make the nightmare any less scary.

Like always, Aiden strengthened Theo without knowing it.

The two bodies silently fell onto the sand like clothes. Now was his chance to get rid of - no he was no longer just an annoyance. He was a great obstacle to all their goals. He ruined everything he had worked so hard for. He did not care that Aiden would see him because he could destroy those memories later. The only thing on his mind was to exact revenge on dumb blondes who ruin things without knowing what they have destroyed. Now he could, swiftly and silently, erase all memory of Adam Cross.

Theo was fast. He is, after all, known for his speed and quick thinking. He left Aiden's body. Aiden saw what looked like his previously dead brother running across the sand towards the two bodies and decided he was in a dream.

As he ran, Theo held out one hand which transformed into a long and sharp blade, the kind that would quickly pierce the chest. Then, suddenly coming upon Adam Cross' body, he raised it high into the air and brought it down on the Guardian's heart, crying out in glee.

"DIE ADAM CROSS!"
    Last edited by Solsaiden Hel; 07-09-2011 at 07:32 PM.

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Piers
    Items: Guardian radio, cell phone, pen and paper with notes (both inside jacket)

OOC: Rogue, I’m going to have this action take place after your attack dispelled the fire barrier Sigataph created, which I understand as happening just before Landy regained control and subsequently lost consciousness. And a huge bravo to Red for taking us all on!

The skilled observer could probably have observed the dark shadow that seemed to dart from Landy’s fallen body to the nearby Piers, though the movement was as quick and delicate as the blink of an eye. A dark shadow seemed to quickly move beside Piers and vanish without a trace, just before the enraged Cerise encapsulated Landy’s body in a time-stasis.

As he ran, Theo held out one hand which transformed into a long and sharp blade, the kind that would quickly pierce the chest. Then, suddenly coming upon Adam Cross' body, he raised it high into the air and brought it down on the Guardian's heart, crying out in glee.

"DIE ADAM CROSS!"

Unbeknownst to Piers, the blade fell upon his chest with a great amount of force—and stopped. It was as if there was a hard, impenetrable substance just under his jacket that stopped the blade just as it was about to penetrate the surface. Slowly, the blade began to rise off Piers’s chest, and when it had risen a few inches it was suddenly clear that it wasn’t rising at all. Instead, it was slowly being pushed back with something that appeared to be a white glove.

The white glove was ascending out of Piers’s chest, and it was soon followed by a slim, black wrist and arm. Finally, an entire form seemed to practically float out of Piers’s supine, unconscious body. The “form” was somewhat difficult to describe, but it appeared to be an anthropomorphic, tall, dark mass complete with arms, legs, and two white gloves for hands. The head was white and was wearing what appeared to be a black Bowler hat. The most peculiar aspect of the form was that it seemed to have no definite shape, as its bulk seemed to fluctuate in rapid, minute proportions, proportions so small that it would probably go unnoticed by the untrained eye. The most peculiar aspect of the head, however, was that it simply had no face.

The form continued to push the blade back and raise itself out of Piers’s body simultaneously. It finally began to lean forward until its feet rested on the sand just in front of Piers’s shoes. Turning its head to the blade as if to inspect it more closely, it suddenly flicked its wrist and let go of the blade, pushing it away from itself with evident disdain.

“Such a crude weapon,” it said in a terribly raspy but nonetheless deep voice.

Jumping as if it had discovered something, the form suddenly spoke again. “I…can talk?” Letting out a quick, hoarse chuckle, the form then looked around at everyone present. “Pardon my surprise. You see…I’m rather unsure of how I came to be, and…well, now that I’m free of that simpleton’s control, this experience is rather new to me.”

The form looked at its skinny body that seemed to be stuck in the sand more than standing upon it, moving its hands to and fro as if experiencing sensations for the first time.

“You must pardon me, dear fellow,” the form then said to Theo with a feigned tone of respect. “It’s just that I’m rather unsure of what would happen to me if that sap died. Though I’m confident that I have been freed by…what was the name, again?...Piers’s thoughts registered her as ‘Sigataph,’ I recall? Yes, Sigataph. Though I’m confident that she has freed me from the narrow confines of that dimwit’s psyche, I can’t take any chances.” The form was speaking of Piers, as was evident from the direction of his faceless head as it appeared to look down toward him.

“Sigataph. Yes. She freed me from him. And after all that pulling I felt when he was trying to summon me, it is a grand feeling. Only the power of the Vortex could have allowed her to do so.”

The form’s existence was totally paradoxical. How did it know so much? It couldn’t have all come from Piers’s psyche, as he knew nothing of the aforementioned Vortex. And why did the form not know it could speak? It knew things it should not, and did not know things that it should. Suddenly, the paradox spoke again.

“I must admit, part of my mind wanted me to block that fatal blow. I accredit that to the precedential processes that went into my creating. Strangely enough…” the form suddenly looked back at Theo, “a part of my mind also fosters ill feelings toward you. Feelings of fear. But me? I see no reason to fear you.” The form stepped menacingly closer to Theo but stopped immediately afterwards, looking around at all present.

“My, my…what a motley assortment of characters we have here. Dispense with the names; the dimwit has provided them already. But as for my name?”

The form suddenly darted approximately 20 yards to the right, appearing beside Ace, then darted beside the unconscious Karn.

“You can simply call me…”

Darting once more to finally stand beside Cerise, the form provided his name in more of a deep rasp than an actual voice.

“…Jitters.”
    Last edited by Cross Avantgarde; 07-13-2011 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Word omission, not coloring for once!

Senior Member Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Theo

Realizing that the situation had changed drastically, Theo took a leap back to put a distance between him and It. It called Adam Cross a number of rather derogatory names, while looking and testing its limbs like an infant amazed that it had legs for walking. The world seemed so new to it. When it referred to the girl as somehow being related to the Vortex, Theo's eyes widened. There were very few Nightmares who knew, and it was highly improbable for a newly born Nightmare to know. But he would interrogate the girl later since she was safely unconscious for now - the Nightmare who, without warning, could appear quickly in various places as if he were teleporting was a greater, more immediate threat at the moment. He finally stopped next to the red-headed female Guardian. She gasped but did not let go of her attack on the girl.

Theo studied the newcomer closely. This one looked too familiar, it was just unmistakable! He had no need to speak like a human if he was talking to a Nightmare.

Jigsaw…?

He asked with a smile, as if he had unexpectedly met a close friend he had not seen for a long time while walking down the street. It was Jigsaw, and yet it wasn't. If Adam Cross' Nightmare had wrapped itself around Jigsaw- the memory of the former carrying the latter to safety back in the mansion was still vivid in his mind - it would look something like this.
    But there were obvious differences.

No, Jitters… Your name is Jitters.

Then he picked up Adam Cross' unconscious body so easily it was as if he were a rag doll. With one arm he held up his body and formed his other hand into a blade positioned precariously near the Guardian's Carotid artery.

Let's talk, Jitters. You and I know you'll disappear if blood doesn't flow through this sap's brain. The crude blade drew a few drops of blood, Well then, what do you remember about a pretty little girl named Madeleine?

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Jitters

Jigsaw…?

The voice was clearly spoken only inside his mind, and the ability did not surprise Jitters. Though his memories of this nightmare were mixed, he somehow seemed to know, to understand, that this ability was very much a part of the nightmare’s repertoire of skills. Yet his name…the nightmare’s name eluded him. And that name, “Jigsaw.” It felt like a name so familiar yet somehow alien, a name that sounded like one’s nickname spoken with a heavy accent, for example.

No, Jitters… Your name is Jitters.

Then he picked up Adam Cross' unconscious body so easily it was as if he were a rag doll. With one arm he held up his body and formed his other hand into a blade positioned precariously near the Guardian's Carotid artery.

Let's talk, Jitters. You and I know you'll disappear if blood doesn't flow through this sap's brain. The crude blade drew a few drops of blood, Well then, what do you remember about a pretty little girl named Madeleine?

Madeleine? Jitters felt too much confusion at the name to be comfortable with, and he quickly discarded the question. What was this nightmare getting at? What did the name mean? It brought back so many feelings that were altogether new to Jitters, and he had no time to dwell on such things though he fully intended to discover what the name meant in time.

Jitters merely stared at the nightmare, weighing him up as much as he was measuring his own capacity to act. His skills, his abilities were still so new to him, and even he was unaware of his own limits. Based on what he knew from Piers, all of the nightmares evident at the moment belonged to visible people around him. The boy (Rod) that Jitters had a hard time identifying based on Piers’s knowledge was new, but he had already shown powers of his own, no doubt from his own nightmare.

So who could Theo’s host be?

His former selves did not know, and Piers had clearly not known, either. But deduction is a keen guide, and it lead clearly to the lone, young boy standing some distance away on the beach, a boy with hair lighter than the driest sand found on Conifer Beach. Jitters tried to study the boy without turning his head, as his faceless visage would make it difficult for the nightmare before him to understand what he was doing. Perhaps the boy was a passerby, and perhaps the nightmare was far away from his actual host. But Jitters wasn’t counting on that…

I can’t remember your name, simpleton, Jitters spoke back in his mind, knowing the nightmare could understand him. Thoughts of a chase, of a mansion, broke into his mind, yet it was all hard to piece together. But I do know you hear me. And don’t think that I have no recollection whatsoever of you. This act of yours will not go unpunished. Tell me, nightmare. What is your name? And would your host happen to be a young boy present? Jitters laughed a harsh, raspy laugh. I think we both know I can get to him before you make it halfway to him. Let’s say you kill your hostage there. Do you think that I can’t strike the boy before I dissipate fully? Would you wager everything on that?

Jitters tilted his head ever so slightly as he spoke. You want to talk? Then tell me, nightmare…is my assumption incorrect?

Jitters had no plan to wait and see if he was right or not. He was banking on the nightmare’s reaction to tell him what he needed to know. Further, he didn’t have much time to waste. The people around him seemed more than formidable, as Piers’s information had revealed to him. Though Jitters was still confident in his own abilities, they had been far from tested and he preferred to know the extent of his powers before things got serious. Yet before Jitters did anything, he had to know if the boy was indeed the nightmare’s host or not.
    Last edited by Cross Avantgarde; 07-19-2011 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Italics; it was a mess, trust me.

The Fallen Wanderer The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

OOC: Sorry for the delay!! I was taking care of a few things but I'm back in action with pies for everyone!!

Everything happened so fast that Rod didn't know what to do for a few moments. First, the nightmare takes Karn's nightmare away, second, the nightmare attempts to take Piers' nightmare and fails to do so, third, the nightmare shows itself and calls itself Jitters. These things didn't make sense but he knew what did make sense and that was to help Piers and stop Cerise.

" Zen, stop Cerise and I'll save Piers." Rod said as he noticed Ace moving towards Jitters and the other nightmare, " Me and Ace will handle them quickly and you should do the same."

Zen nodded and left to complete his task while Rod moved closer to the others.

" Put him down or you'll have to fight me." Rod said to the nightmare holding Piers, " You don't have another choice in this matter."

Zen quickly sprinted to Cerise and grabbed her tightly and didn't let go.
    " Enough of this!!! You shouldn't kill her since she had no control over what happened." Zen said making his grip tighter, " Karn is out cold for the moment but I can still still feel a weak life force signal."

Trusting a person is giving someone the ability to destroy you, but at the same time being confident the he/she won't.......

Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Ambulance
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

(OOC: Am I, like, frozen in time? Idk what all your power implies. >.>)

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

(Hi Red. I'd imagine stopping someone in time would prevent them from changing with time. Since human bodies have to keep changing - like, deliver oxygen to various organs, brain functions, heartbeat, etc. - it needs time. So this is Cerise' way of killing, but since Landy is THE Vortex I'm wagering Cerise won't be successful. ^^"
    Btw, Cross thanks for naming Cerise' attack ahahaha…!)

Theo

Simpleton…? Theo realized he could be facing a Nightmare with a superiority complex. Jigsaw would never call him simpleton. Never. He laughed, Do you honestly don't remember the pain I've caused that little girl? I find lost things and hidden information. I am the Retriever. Doesn't that ring a stronger bell than just the name 'Theo'? But you have no recollection of me whatsoever. How that saddens me, your old friend! I know you better than you know your own self. Let me help you remember. I will retrieve that lost memory for you.

Come. He carelessly dropped Adam Cross to the ground. Then he smirked and spread his arms wide, You were once Jigsaw and you couldn't hurt a fly. Now that you are different, and much stronger, don’t you want to avenge Madeleine? How many times have you screamed at me 'STOP! STOP! I'LL KILL YOU! I'LL KILL YOU!'? You couldn't have possibly forgotten your hatred for me? Oh come on, Jitters. Strike me for each time I penetrated that girl's mind just to find you. Don't you want to, at least, try out your powers on your torturer? Come, show me who you are!

Cerise

The sudden force held her back and tore her concentration from the time stasis. Without a second thought she sent a great gust of wind towards the body that clutched her.

"Get away from me! Are you trying to get us all killed? I'll stop that thing and save us all! If you don't want to help, don't hinder me or I'll treat you like a Vagrant!"

Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Ambulance
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Location- Conifer beach
    Status- Day
    Role- Feral
    Items- N/A

Landy tried to take a breath in. It felt like there was an elephant on her chest. She tried to open her eyes and it felt like they had been taped shut. THe world looked as it did after heavy sedation. She was trying to make sense of where she was when she suddenly felt immense pain rack her body. She wanted to scream but she still couldn't take in enough air. The scene around her was too confusing, too mixed up for her to plead with her eyes. The pain ran through her veins like lava, burning her up inside. The more it hurt, the less the weight over her seemed to weigh. She was eventually able to draw in breath and scream. She screamed so loud it hurt her own ears, even through the groggy veil that still covered her. She burned. She wanted to roll into the water, put out this fire. Then everything went cold. The lava had turned to ice, ebbing through her body, cooling her down. She eventually cooled enough that she could feel the tears rolling down her face. She felt sore and weak and groggy. It felt like she was a giant hole. She rolled over onto her stomach and cried into the sand as the ice continued to roll through her. "Make it stop!" she screamed into the sand. "Make it stop! Please, make it stop!" she cried, screaming in agony, wishing it would end.

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

(Sorry if it's a bit odd. It's open to protests and editing if people have other plans.)

Cerise

Cerise was momentarily struck with shock at the first time this attack failed. They usually die, but the girl did not. She was, instead, writhing in agony. The high-pitched shouts shook the Guardian back to her senses. Then a Nightmare who looked like an adolescent picked up Piers, threatened his life, and dropped him back to the ground. Only then did the implications of Rod's words hit Cerise.

Piers and Karn are still alive?

She regained control of herself and of her emotions. With quiet determination, she spoke to Zen, "Let me go, Rod's Nightmare. I'll help them."

In a flash, she was next to Karn. Cirocco materialized at her command.

Do you know how exhausted our body is? We're probably going to drop dead after this.

I know.
    Cerise replied, but I won't die a coward.

Struck silent and now more obedient, he knelt on his front legs to allow Cerise to place Karn's body on the Equine Nightmare's back. Cerise was much stronger than she looked. In another flash, she tore past the adolescent-looking Nightmare and the Skitters thing to take Piers. She knew either of them could have spotted her and attacked at that moment, and so she had to manipulate a bit of time to get away quickly. She and Cirocco placed a great distance between them, the adolescent Nightmare, the Skitters thing, and the writhing girl, far into safety.

"You two have done enough. Now, rest."
    Gently, she laid both Guardians on the sand next to each other, like brothers. She healed some of their superficial wounds while syncing with Cirocco. "I'll protect you with my life."

Cirocco stepped between the Guardians and the Nightmares, placing himself as a shield between them. He couldn't face the freakish Nightmare-sucking lady, whom he had half a mind to call THE DREAMCATCHER, but these two were normal Nightmares... right?

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Jitters

" Put him down or you'll have to fight me." Rod said to the nightmare holding Piers, " You don't have another choice in this matter."

Another individual had entered the fray, one that Jitters could not recognize from being inside Piers’s psyche. Since the other Guardians treated him as an ally, perhaps he was a new Guardian that Piers had no knowledge of? Jitters was still sizing up his belligerent opponent when he started to speak within Jitters’s mind once again.

Do you honestly don't remember the pain I've caused that little girl? I find lost things and hidden information. I am the Retriever. Doesn't that ring a stronger bell than just the name 'Theo'? But you have no recollection of me whatsoever. How that saddens me, your old friend! I know you better than you know your own self. Let me help you remember. I will retrieve that lost memory for you.

The Retriever? The name brought forth no visible memories, but it certainly invoked feelings of fear, antipathy, and hatred. The feelings it stirred within him were the opposite of the feelings that arose when Jitters had heard the name “Madeleine.” Without knowing it, Jitters had involuntarily clenched both of his ill-defined hands into tight fists.

Come. He carelessly dropped Adam Cross to the ground. Then he smirked and spread his arms wide, You were once Jigsaw and you couldn't hurt a fly.

Jigsaw? The name was strange, but somehow it seemed to make sense to Jitters.

Now that you are different, and much stronger, don’t you want to avenge Madeleine? How many times have you screamed at me 'STOP! STOP! I'LL KILL YOU! I'LL KILL YOU!'?

Those words...

Instead of hearing them in Theo’s mental voice, Jitters heard someone else screaming the same thing, a voice that seemed, in a partial, strange way, to be much like his own. The confusion that was entering his mind was causing him to miss things. The girl whom Sigataph was using as a host was crying, and Piers’s body had been swept away by another nightmare and the Guardian that Jitters knew to be “Cerise” from Piers’s thoughts. Too enraged and confused by what the Retriever was saying to notice, Jitters didn’t move at all as this happened. He couldn’t take much more…

You couldn't have possibly forgotten your hatred for me? Oh come on, Jitters. Strike me for each time I penetrated that girl's mind just to find you. Don't you want to, at least, try out your powers on your torturer? Come, show me who you are!

The speed is what surprised him the most.

Before Jitters knew what was happening, he had lunged forth with startling force at the Retriever.

His words were the next surprising thing.

“You won’t hurt her again!”

He wasn’t sure why, or where the words had even come from, but he found himself screaming at the Retriever while he jolted towards him, fully intent on tackling him and taking him to the ground where he would be at Jitters’s mercy.

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

(For both Cross and Red)

Theo / Aiden

Theo was fast, but Jitters was faster. He knew in a split second he could not escape the attack on time. He formed his left arm into a long and sharp weapon as thin as an ice pick. Jitters tackled him to the ground and Theo's back collided with a sharp rock.

"AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!" Aiden cried out in sudden pain, falling forwards because it felt like someone rammed him with a car from behind.

Though at the mercy of the other Nightmare, Theo felt nothing. But the force of impact caused his crude weapon to pierce into Jitters. The moment Theo felt his whole arm inside, the ice pick burst into a firework of needles.

He did not stop there. Theo changed the direction of the force that Jitters used on him. In a backwards tumble, he increased the force with a kick of his legs, throwing Jitters off of him and towards the screaming and writhing girl.

Gil
    Aggressive
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Rod was surprised at how the nightmare known as Jitters could move so fast. He looked at Ace and gave him the go make sure everyone is out of the area look and followed the two nightmares as they fought.

Ace watched as Rod followed the nightmares and he saw the first nightmare throw Jitters in the direction of the others and Ace had to think of something to stop it from falling on one of the others.
    "Titan, hurry and stop them from tumbling onto the others." Ace said as Titan moved as fast as he could to get to his destination.

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Jitters

Pain, copious amounts of pain surged through the area that might be described as Jitters’s diaphragm, though he was airborne before he realized why he felt so much pain. Hardly had he realized that the Retriever had injured him before he felt himself being caught by a nightmare that Piers’s psyche had identified as “Titan.”

Refusing to talk under the circumstances, Jitters slowly removed himself from Titan’s grip, his anger toward the Retriever causing him to realize that he had a common enemy—and thus an ally—in Titan and the other Guardians. Jitters limped away a few paces then turned toward his enemy.

Facing the Retriever, Jitters menacingly approached him, advancing slowly. Speed seemed to be one of his assets, but somehow he knew of at least one other ability that he was itching to use against the Retriever.

“Alright, scoundrel,” Jitters said condescendingly. “Tell me...what is it you fear the most?”

He matched the Retriever’s gaze, and as he did so he felt strangely eager to act. It seemed, in some distant, strange way, that he was about to do something that he had longed to do for so long, though he couldn’t quite put it into words.

“I want you to scream. I want you to feel...what you made me feel for so long.”

Jitters was almost unaware of what he was saying, so intense was the hatred he felt toward the Retriever. And indeed, he was unsure of what he meant by his words. The only thing he knew for sure was that he would soon show the Retriever his worst fear, both in what he saw and what he would soon feel.

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

(Cross, feel free to make it miss. Or not. ^^ )

Theo

You’ve tried that trick on me so many times before. Theo laughed again. Clumsy, amnesiac infant Nightmare. You know exactly what I’m afraid of. But I’d be stupid to give you a chance!

With a hungry grin on his face, Theo took quick long strides towards Jitters, his hands hidden behind his back. There were shrill sounds of countless metallic objects sliding past against each other, which actually came from his arms changing form again and again. But what it exactly turned into could not be seen until the last moment. Finally, he came upon Jitters and his crude weapons (this time, a pair of twin swords each with two blades, oddly shaped like a pair of tuning forks) slashed at the Nightmare.

Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Ambulance
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

(OOC: Landy is pretty much just laying in the sand, screaming in pain. I don't feel it necessary to post until someone causes something that will require a reaction for Landy. It would be kind of pointless to just verbosely post that everything hurts and she's in great pain. I'm sure thats evident enough. =D)

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

(Okay. We'll think of a way that will cause her/Vortex to react. ^^)

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Jitters

You’ve tried that trick on me so many times before. Theo laughed again. Clumsy, amnesiac infant Nightmare. You know exactly what I’m afraid of. But I’d be stupid to give you a chance!

Jitters found himself wishing that his memory had remained intact when he had become…whatever it is he was. Obviously he had discovered the Retriever’s worst fear in the past, though he found it more than difficult to conjure up the image of that fear. As he desperately tried to remember, he found the Retriever chasing after him once again.

With a hungry grin on his face, Theo took quick long strides towards Jitters, his hands hidden behind his back. There were shrill sounds of countless metallic objects sliding past against each other, which actually came from his arms changing form again and again. But what it exactly turned into could not be seen until the last moment. Finally, he came upon Jitters and his crude weapons (this time, a pair of twin swords each with two blades, oddly shaped like a pair of tuning forks) slashed at the Nightmare.

Jitters jumped back in just enough time, but his confusion cost him the grace he needed to stay on his feet. He quickly found himself on his back, staring up at the weapon-wielding Retriever. As though his fear was the catalyst he needed to remember his opponent’s fear, he suddenly remembered—he hoped—what exactly it was that the Retriever was afraid of. Almost, that is. He only remembered that the Retriever’s host liked things that the Retriever feared, but how was he to retrieve that information?

Using every bit of his speed to clumsily recover his standing position, Jitters suddenly dashed toward Aiden.

Gil
    Aggressive
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Items: Pirate Sword, Two Flint Pistols

Ace had stayed back to recover from the battle with the female nightmare but he had to kick it up to prevent the nightmare called Jitters away from any civilians. Ace felt Titan return to him and he used some of the beach water to quickly get in between Jitters and the boy he was after.

" I can't let you harm any innocent people." Ace said firing off a few warning shots at Jitters, " Even though you came from my First Mate I can't let you pass."

While Ace took care of Jitters, Rod decided to take on the nightmare Jitters was facing to prevent anyone else from getting injured.
    " I will take Jitters' place and be your opponent." Rod said readying himself for the battle, " I won't need my nightmare for this one and, trust me, I'm no pushover.
    Rod unleashed some of his dark power and it surrounded his body making an outline of a shadow. He noticed how he looked familiar and he realized who it was.
    " I know you, you're the guy me and my girlfriend helped that time when you fell of your cycle." Rod said getting agitated, " You're a nightmare and I couldn't even detect it."

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

(AH. SOOOOO SOOOORRRRRYYYY for disappearing for a month! D: Life has been TURBULENT. =) But fruitful. For this RPG to end officially, we have to have a conclusion. May I just request that Cerise lose her powers and Aiden, well, either he dies or is inducted as a possible Guardian trainee?)

Aiden

It came at him so fast! He blinked and the next thing Aiden knew he was on the ground with a huge black mass of a… it wasn’t a person, was it? He yelped. Theo felt a sharp pain in his back at about the same time Aiden hit the ground with a thud.
    At the same time, he felt the greatest fear at finally being found out. After years of hiding the truth someone had finally figured out his Human was a vulnerable, weak, and clueless kid.
    In a burst of sudden energy Theo sprinted towards Jitters.

Cerise

Cerise could not tell friend from foe. Even her own Nightmare, Cirocco, something that came from her very thoughts, could not be depended upon because of his recent defiance. She looked behind her at the bodies of her comrades, Piers and Karn, lying unconscious on the sand side by side.The two friends she was sure of were incapacitated. Cerise looked again at the monsters before her. She had been trained to see Nightmares as something closer to animals, no matter how human they seem. Then she saw both Nightmres lunge for a bystander boy.
    Cirocco! Protect that child!

Not wanting to disobey any longer, the horse broke into a sudden gallop towards them. It raised its two front hooves in the air and sent them towards the Nightmares, only half-caring whether he landed on the right person.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information