AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 96 FirstFirst ... 34 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 54 94 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 2393

Thread: RPG: Nightmare Hunt (A Supernatural/Mystery RPG)

SOS Brigade Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Cheshire Cat Be Mine 312 - Minun
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2023 08:47 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Role:Vagrant
    Items: Cellphone

Meril was just happy to see that Rod was fine and happy. Rod had kissed her and then looked at her.

" I love you, even though we haven't been together long, I'm glad that we are spending time together." Meril blushed at his comment and held his hand.

"I love you too. The connection we have is very strong. I am glad that I have met you." Meril walked into the hall and looked through a closet by the laundry room. She took out two pillows and walked back into the living room.

"Here. You need rest and I need rest." Meril kissed him on the forehead and walked towards the living room entry way.

"Rest well." She walked towards her bedroom and fell onto her bed. Moir kept an eye on Rod till Meril went upstairs. She heard Zen speak and she abruptly looked at him.

" I'm gonna be sick if this keeps up. Hey Moir, where did Master Ozman go?" Moir giggled and looked out the window.

"Well, he left just as we got into the house. Styx remained until Rod was in the livingroom and ready to have some rest. I have no idea where Ozman has gone."

(OOC:@janajee: If you would like, one of my characters are at the Teaberry. If you don't know what to do, she is there at the moment. )

Every great work of art has two faces, one toward its own time and one toward the future, toward eternity.
    Daniel Barenboim

Here is my family!:
    lilminx: My awesome big sister!
    *Tsuki*: Awesome lil sister!
    Teddy2116:Cool big bro!
    Hikaru_Hitachiin: Cool older Brother!
    kirei-chan: Awesomo big sister!
    Serpentarius: Brother in law!

Senior Member Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Silver Ribbon Four Leaf Clover Teal Ribbon
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2019 02:20 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aspirantgarde

Role: Guardian
    Items: Guardian radio, cell phone

Piers, usually obsessive about writing down details in any investigation, was sure that he could remember Jace’s specific details that he provided for Piers concerning their meeting spot. Jace was quite the enigma; a cold-blooded killer who preyed on the strong and weak alike, and sometimes, strangely, quite the observant and poetic individual. That much was clear from the way he communicated his wishes to Piers. The most dominant opinion Piers held concerning Jace, however, was that he was a cruel tyrant.

Obviously, Jace wanted to speak to Piers as well, and was ready to compromise with a “ceasefire” to do so. It seemed that things, so far, were going exactly as Piers had planned. Which was not good.

It was too early, and Jace had come up with the idea for them to meet, not Piers, which meant that he might have ideas of his own. Whereas Piers thought he had figured out how to deal with the revelation that Jace had procured a Guardian radio, his planned now seemed to be in question. Either way, to achieve the end result he was initially looking for, he would have to meet with Jace, on his terms, on his turf.

“I accept,” was all he said, and then attached the radio back onto the holster on his left hip. He looked over at the pathetic condition of Joseph, felt his anger surge again, then looked back at Ikazuchi.

“Ika,” he said, “You’re right. Taking on an expectant Jace would be foolish right now. But I have to take him at his word, or we’ll keep finding people in Joseph’s condition…or worse.” He paused to run his hand through his hair and stared at the floor for a second. Looking back up at Ika, he continued, “Ika, Jace cherishes battle. You’ve probably already figured that out. I know the CCTV tape didn’t provide audio of our fight, but he practically sang my name in that stairwell at the hospital. He seems to thrive on battle, on competition, and that means that he will, strangely enough, respect an agreement between rivals. Thus, I fully believe that he is genuine about this temporary ceasefire. I’m going to give him something, and I pray he gives me what I’m looking for in return.” If Piers was wrong about his psychological evaluation of Jace’s character, he might end up paying for his mistake with his life. Even so, he was fairly confident in his conjecture.

The confident tone in his voice began to waver, leaving behind an almost pleading tone in his voice.

“Ika, Jace mentioned a powerful nightmare at the Teaberry during our fight at the hospital. I’m not sure if he’ll give me more info on this, but for now that’s all we have. I appreciate your offer to give me back-up, but if we try something conniving and Jace finds out, he’ll probably renege on the ceasefire, as I’ll be breaking my word; and I can’t have that happen. We have to play by his rules for now, and then take it from there. Still, make sure you have your radio on you; I’ll call if I get in trouble.” Piers knew that was a ridiculous notion, as he would be long dead before he could call in backup if Jace decided to launch a swift surprise attack. Piers could get lucky, perhaps, and buy more time, perhaps even figure out how to react to a surprise, but it was much more likely that he would not be able to. Despite this, he had to play by Jace’s rules at the moment and go alone, respecting his wishes and keeping his word.

“This way, Ika,” he continued, “you can continue to try to figure things out at the Teaberry while still providing support from me. When you feel able to, that is,” he said, looking at his wounds.

“So…any thoughts?” He waited for Ika to answer and asked a tech to bring the book in his car to him. It was the book the Doctor had given Piers concerning the deaths of previous Watchers all across the network of Guardian stations, and he was going to look at it before he left. He would leave in 30 minutes in order to be punctual.

Senior Member Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Grey Ribbon Silver Ribbon L Laptop
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-30-2013 08:48 AM
    Threads

Role: Feral
    Items: None

“Aiden! Aiden!”

His mother ran into the room and gathered him up into a tight hug. Aiden smiled and breathed in his mother’s fragrance. Despite everything, he still thought her skin had the most comforting scent in the world.

She shook his shoulders a little too violently, “Theodore! Where’s Theodore? Have you seen him?”

Aiden stared blankly, “Theodore?”

“Your brother was here last night. He stayed here with you. You didn’t see him?”

“He’s… here?! Where? How?!” Aiden gasped. The last time he saw Theodore, they were in a travelling circus. Aiden couldn’t remember the day too well. He always thought they got separated somehow and Theodore just never came home. When she realized he didn’t even see his brother the whole night, she ran out of the room and into the hall, screaming his name. It would be a while before someone calms her down and she returns to the room. Aiden just about finished his egg pie when the nurse came back in.

“Aiden. Aiden, right? It’s so odd your mother responded so quickly. Barney from the front desk said she could have just been waiting in the hospital parking lot. Oh by the way, I’m Wilma.”

“So you’re Wilma? Hi! I’m very glad to meet you!” He grinned happily, “But yeah, I won’t be surprised if she did do that.”

She was suddenly concerned, “Aren’t you worried for your mother?”

“I think she’s having hallucinations.” he said with unnatural calm for a fourteen year old, “Maybe it started last week or the week before. She was having really bad insomnia two weeks ago and started taking some drug.”

“Somnia?”

“Yeah, that’s the one. I think it has something to do with how she’s been acting recently. But this is normal for her,” he added after her mother’s scream blended in with the shrieks of the patients in the psych ward, “so I’m not worried at all."

“You shouldn’t think that way of her.” A troubled expression crossed her face. She has yet to hear hallucinations as a side effect of that controversial SuraCorp drug. “I’m sure she probably just has a lot to deal with.”

He shrugged in the way a teenager would shrug off another violent fight between his parents.

“Would you like a mint, Miss Wilma?” Aiden offered her the brightly coloured candy that came with the food tray. She knew he was trying to change the subject, but shook her head no.

There was a long silence between them.

Senior Member Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-21-2010 05:14 PM
    Threads

Items: Guardian radio, Sword handle

Ika closed his eyes." i have no choice, not like i can change your mind. but if i hear one word of trouble i will rip him apart." he looked at the floor." Keep your radio speaking, i want to hear everything. that way i will know if there is trouble." he sighed." Juts be careful."

Never Give In, Never Give up.

Planeswalker Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Playing Cards
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-19-2013 11:31 AM
    Threads

Jace
    Sync: ????
    Role: Vagrant
    Items: Guardian Radio

“I accept,”

Jace's face lit up with a cruel smile. One that seemed to make the area around him grow dark. Things were going well. Better then well in fact. Where they? He clutched his hand.
    "He has made the first mistake."
    "Indeed his has."
    "Then all we have to do is see if he takes another." Jace scratched his ear lightly,
    "And if he doesn't make that mistake?"
    "Well your the one that promised not to hurt him...not me."
    Jace began laughing. He loved loop holes. And despite the situation he was in he couldn't wait to see his buddy. He skipped off the edge of the building digging his hand into the wall as he slid down. Stone scratched and gave way but he slid down but he landed fine. He glanced at his hand and watched the wounds seal up and the skin return to black. Yes despite the situation he was ready. With a skip to him step and a hop to his walk he back making his way to meeting point. He of course would be there before Piers. Why would he be late to his own meet?
    "I don't need to have the perfect plan. My foe just has to have an imperfect one." Jace Beleren

"Why fight the body when you can dominate the mind that rules it?" Jace Beleren

Senior Member Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Piers chuckled at Ika’s angst, smiling a bit after he was done. “You’re injured, and you’re still thinking of defending other people. That’s what makes you an ideal Guardian, Ika. Listen…”

His face grew serious again as he began speaking. “Will you watch out for Glaiza as much as you can while you investigate the stuff going on at the Teaberry? I mean, just if something is up, you know…”

That’s not what he meant, and he knew it. He was worried about Glaiza, and somehow suspected that his attention to her had somehow triggered the strange events she’d gone through lately. After all, Jace had noticed her as well, and Piers was clueless as to how he knew of Piers’s affection for her. If Jace knew it, and other Vagrants discovered his identity, Glaiza could be in danger without his knowing it.

“Oh, and Ika…” he added, “don’t tell Melinda where I am, alright?” Knowing he was with Jace would surely worry Melinda, and Piers couldn’t have that. He was about to take her to continue his investigation, and that alone would be stressful enough. “And…one final request. Will you tell Karn about the fact that Melinda has been seeing Mark in visions? Rest assured, this may trigger some painful memories for him, but I believe he may be able to shed some light on this. Anything he says, run it by Melinda. I owe you, man, and I’ll keep my radio on.”

Just then, the tech returned with the book the doctor had given him. Piers nodded to Ika, looked back at Joseph again, and walked out of the infirmary with his head down.

Receiving his washed clothes, he put them on in the aerie and began reading the book. It wasn’t long before he put it down with trembling hands, having only scanned 23 pages.

“Melinda…” is all he said as he stood from a chair and walked over to the aerie’s large window. “If the visions continue…will she end up like the rest?” Piers closed his eyes and shook his head. Melinda was like his kid sister. He vowed to his parents that she would be safe under his care. And now, she was burned, sick, recovering from some kind of amnesia-like symptoms, and seemingly on the road to an early grave. How was this “protection?”

Then, the clue he found in the newspaper…the blatant clue. He had to decipher its meaning as well. Melinda. Glaiza. The clue. Joseph Jaegar. He had to find out ways to help, ways to get further information, ways to advance his case…all seemingly at the same time.

But first, he had to meet Jace. Two nights ago he had been on a date with an angel. And now, he had a date with a devil.

He walked to the bathroom, took his jacket and shirt off, and shaved. When tracking the enemy, soldiers would pay close attention to how they were living. Discarded food rations, or the lack thereof, could mean that the enemy was either healthy or starving, encouraged or demoralized. If he showed up looking healthy and well-groomed, it would send the message, hopefully, that he felt in control of things, despite the fact that the opposite was true.

The burn on his left cheek was visible, and painful to shave around, but it was necessary to do so. Finishing, he redressed and went out to his car. The cold air bit into his clean-shaven skin as he turned the ignition of his car and threw it into gear, driving towards the slums.

Planeswalker Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Playing Cards
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Jace

Jace took another bite out of the food. He stuffed the chicken down his throat quite quickly. The taste wasn't anything special but he was paying little attention to it. After chewing quickly and swollowing he gulped down the cup of water next to him and took a moment to look around. The room was quite dark, his own personal choice, but it wasn't plain. Pictures hung from the walls of places from around the world. Places the owner said he had visted. Jace didn't care. The man owed him. A lot. he would have to ask June for seconds soon.

"Eating before the guest arrives. How rude."
    "Well if someone had eaten yesterday I wouldn't be like this."
    "Ha. I at least gave you something to drink so don't complain."
    "Yea the rain water was so tasty."
    "Shut up child." Jaces hand twitched,
    "You shut up. I'm trying to eat. We both need the energy."
    A tut was his only response back. Jace grinded his teeth in annoyance. Thanatos was pushing things now.
    "Ha."
    "Oh shut up." Jace pulled his hood up more to hide his face more. In fact he almost himself completely except for the lump of cloak and clothing that was human shaped. He didn't want anyone to see him. No one was to see any of him. None. Not till he was ready to let the world know. Yesterday had shown too much. Stupid Thanatos.
    "Idiot."
    Jace just growled and hoped Piers would come to distract him.
    Last edited by Valkarma; 01-01-2010 at 11:23 AM. Reason: spelling
    "I don't need to have the perfect plan. My foe just has to have an imperfect one." Jace Beleren

Senior Member Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-21-2010 05:14 PM
    Threads

Items: Guardian radio, Sword Handlle

Ika sighed, then held up his radio." good luck piers, Keep on guard." Ika walked out of the infirmary.He looked for the nearest tech. "Do you know where Karn is?""I think i saw Karn in the cafeteria." " Alright, thanks." Ika started to head for the cafeteria. Once he made it there, he looked around."Hey Karn, you here?"

Never Give In, Never Give up.

The Fallen Wanderer The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-21-2012 01:07 PM
    Threads

Rod didn't refuse and walked back to the living room area where Moir and Zen were. He watched Meril walk up the stairs as he was sitting down on the couch. Out the corner of his eye he saw Moir stare at him for a while but averted her gaze to Zen replying to whatever he said to her.
    " Hey Zen, I feel someone's energy near by and it feels familiar." Rod said standing up, " I'll go outside and check."
    " You heard Meril, you need your rest." Zen said walking toward the door, " I'll check it out for you."
    Zen walked outside and saw Styx waiting. He had a bag in his mouth and tossed it over to Zen.
    " Compliments of Ozman, it's medicine powder." Styx said crawling toward the backyard, " Also, Ozman said be ready in an hour for training and bring Moir."
    " Understood Styx." Zen said walking back into the house, " It was Styx and he wanted me to give this medicine powder to you."
    Zen threw it over to Rod and looked at Moir.
    " Ozman wants you to be ready in an hour for training Moir." Zen said, " He wants us to be ready also Rod."
    " Alright but first I need some water to go with this medicine." Rod said walking toward the kitchen, " Hey Zen, do you need some of this?"
    " Just a little bit." Zen said, " Once you take it get some rest."
    Rod finished taking the powder, since he didn't have a cup he used his hand to drink the water. He walked back toward the couch and laid down.
    Instantly he fell asleep and Zen took the rest of the powder and began meditating.

Trusting a person is giving someone the ability to destroy you, but at the same time being confident the he/she won't.......

Project Chaos link below.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5CyAAMyFKE

SOS Brigade Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Role:Vagrant

" Ozman wants you to be ready in an hour for training Moir. He wants us to be ready also Rod." Moir looked at Zen and glared.

"What would I need training for? I have been trained well enough with the abilities I have. I do not believe I would need further training." She watched as Zen and Rod had taken some of the powder and got ready to rest. Moir sighed angrily and couldn't believe what she heard.

"I guess its out of the question to debate. Meril is asleep and I am stuck." Moir looked out the window staring at the sky as the sun came above the horizon.
    "What's the worst thing that could happen from this training?"

Every great work of art has two faces, one toward its own time and one toward the future, toward eternity.
    Daniel Barenboim

Here is my family!:

Senior Member Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Items: Children’s book, $10.01, Tarot Card, Mint
    Location: St. Birch Hospital, on the way to the Residential Area

After an hour of Mrs. Hayes demanding everyone on the floor where her missing son was, she finally accepted he had gone and went back to Aiden's room. His mom and Wilma quickly exchanged looks. There must have been some secret female code in that look because the nurse quietly excused herself from the room. Aiden could only call a thank-you after her. He didn’t even get her number!

In another hour Aiden was receiving his belongings and a doctor’s letter that would excuse him from school for the day. Aiden realized with dismay that his notebook and his Super Spy’s book were gone. He must have left them in the park, where yesterday’s rain would have destroyed and washed them away. His head drooped down a little. On the way out, his mother held his hand too tightly and pulled a little too violently on his aching elbow. She almost flung him into the passenger’s seat of their car. So this is how a stress ball feels like...

They pulled out of the hospital parking lot and into the streets. His mother literally punched the air conditioning controls and gave a small scream when it refused to work. Again. Aiden clutched the children’s book over his chest for protection. He made sure his seatbelt worked well before tightening it around himself. Mom might lose control and drive past the speed limit like she did last week.

They took the wrong left. “Mom? This isn’t the way home.”

His mother did not say anything. She probably won’t speak for the rest of the drive.

Aiden rolled down the window and tried to distract himself with the scenery. He couldn't help but smile when he saw strong sunshine brightening up the town. The sky had a few round fluffy clouds that seemed like playful kittens rolling by. A flock of birds flew from one horizon to the other. For a minute, his eyes followed a cat bounding up the street until it disappeared behind a Ford.

They came to a red traffic light and stopped. The man in the '09 Ford Focus next to them had a scar on his left cheek. Aiden couldn’t help but look a while longer. He was clean shaven, wore a classy dress jacket with a blue turtleneck and looked ready for a date. But a dark cloud loomed above his head and anxiety was clear on his face. That either meant he was going to a funeral or it must be a date with an ugly girl.

A hideously disfigured girl.

And for some reason, the hazy figure from yesterday popped into Aiden's head. He wondered why the word 'paedophile' seemed to go along well with it.

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Piers was lost in thought as he drove towards the slums, not noticing the faces in the vehicles around him as he approached his destination. He reluctantly stopped at a stoplight and tapped his hand impatiently against the steering wheel as he waited for it to turn green. As he did so, he turned to the side to see a young boy with incredibly light hair staring at him.

The boy seemed to have eyes that absorbed the world and its reality like a vacuum in outer space absorbs light. He seemed, just by his gaze, to be a boy full of natural curiosity, the same kind of curiosity the world tries to stamp out of children the first chance it gets in the name of simplicity and “normalcy.” How Piers could feel that just by the boy’s gaze was proof that the boy certainly had a peculiar look to him. Or perhaps Piers was just overly introspective and observant due to the unpleasant event that awaited him. Either way, Piers seemed to relate to the boy in that small, brief instant, in a way that he couldn’t describe. Though he’d probably never see him again, he gave the boy a wink that could only be described as sympathetic, almost remorseful to a degree. Piers meant to deliver the wink as a token gesture of sorts, but, strangely enough, it was like he was winking to himself as well. If the Guardians did their job successfully, the boy would never have to face the reality of a world rampant with nightmares. His own doubts about his personal prospects of success, given what he had faced recently, made the wink more sympathetic than a gesture made in passing. Either way, Piers gave a small smile as he delivered it, hopefully canceling out the ambiguity of it all.

The stop light turned, and Piers continued driving towards the slums.

Not wanting to draw too much attention to himself in the slums, Piers decided to park in the empty lot of the abandoned paper factory near the slums. He had no idea who Jace had close ties to in the slums, and he wanted Jace to know as little about him (even down that what he drove) as possible, as Jace seemed to have an uncanny ability to discover intimate details about his opponents. He had single-handedly discovered Guardian HQ, and knew of Piers’s attachment to Glaiza somehow as well. The less attention he drew in the slums, the better, and going on foot would certainly make him less noticeable.

Piers got out of his car and locked it, flipped the collars around the neckline of his jacket up so that they hid most of the sides of his face, and began walking down the empty parking lot that was overrun with weeds breaking through the cracking asphalt that once provided parking for a large amount of employees. Crossing the road beside the factory, Piers then found himself in the portion of town that always elicited sympathy from his heart upon just a handful of glances.

Broken windows in many homes were visible, windows that undoubtedly were unable to keep the nighttime chill outside of the walls they were built into. Discarded whisky and liquor bottles littered the tight alleys between apartments as if harbingers of what one might expect inside the apartments themselves. The quasi-poison drained from the broken glass had certainly played a role in shattering some of the lives of the individuals that now resided in the slums. The glass crunched under his feet as Piers made his way to the part of the slums closest to the police station, on the outskirts of the slums themselves. The sad part of it all was that this part of town was so unkempt and dangerous, despite the fact that the central part of the slums was quite a ways away on foot. As usual, the evidence of violence and destitution seemed to spread wherever it could.

Piers looked at building after building, wondering where the Seven Halos restaurant could be. He didn’t want to ask anyone, so fortunately he spotted the restaurant’s decent-looking sign after a few more minutes of searching. Walking inside, one lady in a flamboyant-looking pink outfit stood out to him, just as Jace had said she would. Without even being asked where he would like to sit, Piers walked up to her and said quietly, “June, I presume?” He gave a smile that he hoped hid his anxiety. “I’m here to see J. In the back room, I believe?”

“Ah, you know J, huh?” was all she said, then began to walk away. Piers looked around as he began to follow her with haste, noticing that the restaurant was indeed a nice-looking place, a little bourgeoisie, even, but certainly not upper-scale. Piers flipped the radio on as he walked, per Ika’s instructions. June led him through a small hall and finally opened a solid, true-wooden door and waited for him to enter. After taking a deep breath and saying a prayer, Piers stepped inside to see Jace sitting at a small table, looking as if he were just another patron in this unique restaurant.

Crazy Personified janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Gifts Ouran Patch Manekineko
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-30-2011 09:55 AM
    Threads

Role: Unrevealed
    Items: None

GLAIZA'S POV

As the scenery passed quickly from eyes, I realized that taking the bus might have been the wrong idea. Things were going too fast, and I remembered, as if I've ever forgotten, the reason why I don't like cars, or moving vehicles, because they go to fast, and because it seemed everything in this town had something I was afraid of. I always needed some time to prepare myself so that I wouldn't scream at the memory each building contained.

And taking this bus to the Teaberry which was then my only sanctum of peace, the only place I have ever felt safe until before the boss' death. Now it only served as yet another place I have to go to in spite of the nightmares.

"Darling, you're seriously emo-ing way too much,"

Speaking of nightmares.

I think I'm allowed that don't you think? What with everyone I love...

"Dying on you?" He said with a tinkle in his voice.

Dying on me.

Like my parents. Like the boss. Like Xedo.

"Like Piers-y?" He giggled, enjoying the pain.

Piers isn't dead, and he's stronger than that.

He's stronger than me.

SEAN'S POV

Stronger, my foot.

I'd beat him any time I want to.

Well except that time when I my shadow went screwy on me.

But any other time, I'd take his Guardian bum on kick it way back into Timbuktu, wherever that is.

(OOC: A Fluffy Post. Infinita, I'll post again, after you do)
    Last edited by janajee; 01-02-2010 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Apparently I used a word that isn't allowed, sorrrrrryyyy :(
    ---
    "They called me mad, I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me." -Nathaniel Lee
    ---

---
    Being crazy only means I'm smarter than you
    ---

The Fallen Wanderer The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Items: Medicine Bag

Ozman smiled while walking down the road to anywhere. He figured by now Styx would be waiting for him to return and be ready for the training session. He continued walking until he returned to Rod's home to work on a new powder. He went into the backyard and began looking for some plants to try and make something new. twenty minutes later he found some wierd looking plants only found in his hometown.
    " This should make something interesting." Ozman said with a grin, " While I'm out here I could make a new weapon."
    Ozman searched for a suitable branch to make a staff with when he found the perfect size branch that had been broken off from a tree. After taking a long process to create the staff he finally finished and added some of Styx's web on it to make sure it didn't break. He then went to work on making the powder mixing the plants with ingredients from his medicine bag. He finished creating a powder that increases strength and focus but will make the user become blinded by rage. He also made a powder for calming and focusing energy. He combined a little bit of the two together and created a powder that allows the user to use 100% of their muscles and keeps the user focused making him the ultimate warrior but at the cost of losing the feel of the user's body for several weeks.
    " With these, I'll make Rod and Zen understand their natures and become one." Ozman said with enthusiasm, " I'll use this one for Moir."
    After cleaning up and putting a few jars of each powder away for later, he locked up the house and jumped from house to house toward Meril's.

Trusting a person is giving someone the ability to destroy you, but at the same time being confident the he/she won't.......

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Role: Watcher
    Items: Purse

Ardelle began to scribble on her page. It began with scribbles but then turned into the rough sketch of a rose. Her hands trailed the page, trying to imagine the rose in her mind. Ardelle continued to draw the rose until she felt something strange approaching the Teaberry. She glanced at the door and waited but when nothing came by, she got back to sketching her rose. Her fingers traveled around the petals to create the shadowing for the rose. Ardelle took her glasses off and looked at the rose. What marvelous talent I have received. She giggled at her thought and looked around to see if a waitress was in. I wonder where they could be...

Daniel Barenboim

Here is my family!:

Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Playing Cards
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Jace

Jace stopped as he heard the door open. He didn't look up. He didn't need to in order to know who it was. Only one person was allowed to enetr as per his instructions. There was no need to guess who was standing by that door. In fact his attention became firmly fixed on the food before him. The cold swept into the room from the open door and the steam from the cooked food stood out more. Jace took a deep breath. There was no flavor, no taste to the smell, but that was just because of his tongue. He slowly stood. Then he turned to face Piers. A strange silence filled the room. They both stood staring for what seemed forever. Then.

"Take a seat." He said, a rough touch to his voice. "The room will get cold otherwise." He smiled under the hood and it somewhat reflected through the shadows. He turned to look at June standing just behind and to the side. His eyes fixed on hers for a moment and she shuddered.
    "June dear. Could you find out what my friend here wants to eat and have it brought for him. And bring another jug of water, I'm getting partched here."
    "I whatever you say." She said lazily, "So what will it be mister?"

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Jace’s stare seemed to make his blood run cold. It was the first time he’d seen his face since he’d fought him in the hospital, and he was surprised at how nervous he was at the moment. They faced each other for what seemed like an interminable amount of time. Finally, Jace broke the silence by telling Piers to take a seat, and Piers did. Approaching Jace and the table to do so troubled him even more, but he did his best to move in a fluid manner and not appear hesitant or timid. He sat down across from Jace.

Guardians didn’t make truces with Vagrants. They hunted them, faced them, and made them into “primers,” individuals whose nightmares were neutralized. Occasionally, if circumstances validated the move, a worthy Vagrant who hadn’t done harm with much malicious intent to begin with might be initiated as a Guardian, but this was the exception, not the rule. The fact that Piers was holding a truce with Jace proved one thing:

He couldn’t beat him at the moment.

And because of that, Piers had to play it smart, and make his moves rationally. If the Guardians ever failed to be one step ahead of the game…

“I’ll take a piece of flounder and a baked potato, if you don’t mind, Miss June,” Piers said with the same false confidence. “Oh, and a water with that, please.” He was troubled being in the presence of Jace, but if he refused to eat he would give away the fact that he was nervous. He looked at Jace as he ordered instead of looking at June.

Just then, his cell phone vibrated in the left breast pocket of his jacket. He pulled it out and was surprised to see a text from Guardian HQ’s front desk attendant (the one on duty at the moment), Jean.

“Could not send message by radio. U must hav ur radio on. Message from infirmary: Joseph Jaegar seems to be in hysteria, repeats phrases about incident perpetually as if he is reliving it.”

Jean wasn’t used to sending text messages; or at least it seemed that way due to her lack of abbreviations. She had to send a text in this case because Piers’s radio was on, just as Ika had asked, and couldn’t receive messages as it was sending out whatever it picked up on Piers’s end. It took Piers a moment to wonder why this message came from the infirmary, but then he remembered telling the techs to write down what Joseph was mumbling in the infirmary. He couldn’t understand Joseph at the time, and now it seemed that the techs had put together what he was saying.

And then Piers realized something terrible. Joseph Jaegar wasn’t hysteric. He was reliving the incident because…he was seeing it with his mind. He was trapped in an illusion. Jace’s illusion. As if torturing the man wasn’t enough, he set an illusion upon him to force him to relive the incident over and over again. At least, that is what Piers assumed. And this assumption blew apart the theory Piers had concerning Jace’s illusions.

Previously, Piers believed that the proximity one held in relation to Jace’s position determined the strength of his illusions. Piers had deduced this in the hospital where he felt Jace’s disorienting powers less when he was further away from him. Yet, it now seemed that Jace’s illusions had no bearing on his position, and this revelation was deeply troubling. Once again, Piers had no way of knowing how to truly dispel Jace’s illusions.

And here he was, in the den of the lion. He folded his phone closed and said, “Excuse the interruption. I’ll cut it off.” And he did, wondering if doing so was wise. His voice seemed obviously darker and more sullen than it did when he ordered, but hopefully Jace would believe it was due to the prospect of Piers being alone with Jace soon. Either way, he had to play the role of dinner guest to get his agenda pushed where he wanted it to go. That would come soon, he imagined. But he was on Jace’s turf, and though it would appear to June that the two were having a meal between friends, perhaps, the truth was that they would be playing a mental game between one another by way of what they said. And Piers couldn’t afford to make mistakes.

Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Playing Cards
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Jace

Jace paid no heed to Piers phone. In fact he expected that the man may have some kind of plan in case things didn't go well. That could have easy been part of it. The little trust the man had was heart breaking. Jace almost sighed. But it wasn't he place to complain. He had done so much. Would he trust himself? Could he? He slightly giggled to himself and sat down his Piers.

Jace slowly cut into his chicken and after taking a bite began chewing it. He let the silence of the room continue. Silence could be just as effective as words. He slowly chewed, making each bite last. Then he swollowed.
    "I think someone said that it is always best to deal the first blow as powerful as possible. This way they get no chance to survive the second one, if it comes at all." Jace said carefully, "Or maybe it was slightly different to that." He said with a pause. "But let me tell you something about me first." He grinned with malice. He let a moment pass.
    "I enjoy playing games." Jace said.
    "And I enjoy winning games." Came Thanatos' voice suddenly from Jace.
    "But I need players to do a game."
    "I need opponennts to defeat in a game."
    "I need a reason to win."
    "I have a reason to win."
    "And your one of them." They both said in unison. The cold darkness of Thanaots voice mixing with the insane roots of Jaces'. Slowly Jace pealed of one of his gloves. The right one first. Revealing an ordinary hand. The the left. It revealed a hand covered in the black skin of Thanatos, it even pulsed with red viens like molten fire.

Jace slowly raised them up. He gripped the edge of his hood.
    "This is our first blow. Our powerful strike to cripple this discussion and spark this debate." His voice flowed between Thanatos and Jace's. With a quick tug he pulled back his hood. Made it was pure chance but at the same time a chill ran through the room. But it wasn't the coldest thing there. Sitting before Piers was something he couldn't have even prepared for. Jace's face was split down the middle. The left half was black the right normal. His hair was grown only on the left side. It's black flowing for stood out next to his normal hair. His left pupil had devoured his whole eye and the red gleam showed nothing but evil. A few red marks of viens pulsed slightly. The black skin seemed to try and flow over to the normal side of his face before being pushed back, like the tides of the sea. There was no doubt in anyones mind who had seen that before. Jaces left half was no longer his. It was Thanatos's. Jace just semed to grin. That same dark grin.

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Items: Children’s book, $10.01, Tarot Card, Mint

The man winked and smiled.

Even when the stoplight changed and the Ford disappeared, Aiden still kept staring at the place the man had been. He had smiled in a way that Aiden couldn’t easily understand, as if he was heading straight to his own funeral but still tried to laugh it off.The man seemed to have eyes that loved the world and desired to protect it like a father protects his child. He seemed, just by his smile, to be a man full of concern. The same kind of concern you only see in people who eventually get crushed by the same world he loves, because it refuses to concern itself with matters of no consequence.

Could it be, Aiden wondered, that there are still children in a world of grown-ups? That there are still those who refuse to grow up?

“Do you know him?” He turned to see his mother smiling and blushing.

Aiden ducked his head and tried not to gag, “No, I don’t.” So mom has the hots for Scarface now? Eww...yuck! But he silently thanked the man, whoever it was, for unexpectedly putting his mother in a better mood. Blessings can come in weird packages.

They arrived home and his mom was noticeably gentler to the car door this time. She went in the house ahead of him. Still in the car, he took out the Tarot Card from the book and put it into his pocket. If mom saw it, she’d probably call the number and the poor innocent person would be the receiving end of Mrs. Hayes’ crazy fit. Aiden warily went in. The first thing he noticed was that the spatula was not in her hand. He knew he was off the hook and let out a relieved sigh.

“Sit on the dining chair, Aiden,” his mother ordered and his momentary sense of respite shattered. She suddenly dropped a large ream of paper on the table. He took one and looked closer. It was a large picture of a smiling Theodore on a Missing Persons notice. His mom’s name and their home number were on it. Aiden was about to speak but his mother interrupted.

“I saw Theodore. He’s alive. We’re going to look for him. I want you to go around town and post this everywhere you can. Like we did four years ago. Remember that? Do the very same thing. Now, I have work, so I have to leave it up to you.” Mrs. Hayes has been fired five times in the last four years and cannot risk losing another job. “You’re excused from school anyway. You can do this, right? Help me find Theodore.” she breathed deeply and repeated her son’s name, “...Theodore…”

She has never spoken so calmly, so sanely. And yet she uttered the craziest words Aiden had ever heard. Theodore is gone. Dead. He’s right up there with God and the angels. If he was still alive he’d have come back by now. Mom is just hallucinating. She’s crazy. She has been since Theodore died four years ago. It’s just the Somnia talking. It’s just her denial talking. Just the stress talking.

Over and over again, Aiden told himself all this. As if he himself is desperate to believe it.

The gravel made a scrunching noise as the car rolled out of the garage, into the street and went straight to the business district. Mother took the children’s book to work with her. When he could no longer hear the engine, Aiden went into his room, collapsed on his bed and closed his eyes. But he did not let himself sleep.

Items: Ream of Missing Persons notice, $10.01, Tarot Card, Mint

Member lila123 has a brilliant future lila123 has a brilliant future lila123 has a brilliant future lila123 has a brilliant future lila123 has a brilliant future lila123 has a brilliant future lila123 has a brilliant future lila123 has a brilliant future lila123 has a brilliant future lila123 has a brilliant future lila123 has a brilliant future lila123's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2010 08:25 PM
    Threads

Claire was on her way to school that morning with her best friend Melissa, once she got there she went to her locker to find that something was different..........then she noticed, her diary was missing, that's right the diary of the most popular girl at school was gone.......GONE!!!!!!!!

"Dammit, what the heck am I supposed to do, did someone take it or did I lose it........oh my god"

"It's ok Claire we'll find ok, don't worry if we work together no one will find it before anyone even takes a glance at it." said Melissa as any good friend would.

It was already lunch time before Claire knew it. Time seemed to fly by thinking about what would happen if someone found it......

"Everyone listen up! This is important and I am sure everyone would [i]adore[i] to hear this!"

What was Melissa doing, has she gone insane?!

"What I hold here is the diary of the one and only Claire! That's right little miss perfect has more secrets than you all thought...." Melissa said as she smiled evily

How is this possible, why was she doing this? wasn't Melissa her best freind in the entire world they had been together ever since middle school, 5 years they have been together Claire thought they shared an umbreakable bond as best friends but everything she thought was a lie.

"So here is my favorite entry, Oh it's finally happened I'm the head cheerleader and all the juniors look up to me as well as everyone else, I've worked so hard to get here day after day practicing in my back yard doing those routines over and over for weeks intill they were even better than perfect! I am sooooo happy I am finally popular after all those years of being marked the loser my life has finally changed! I am also seen as perfect for my straight a's but that is only obtained from all those hours i put into my homework and studying. Yup life is pretty great right now. !"

There was a sudden silence as Melissa finished speaking and then everyone burst into laughter staring at Claire with thier glaring eyes and thier pointed fingers, she coulden't take it anymore, she ran out of the cafeteria and straight out of the school to her home.

While she ran she was cryong and thinking abougt hw her life was now ruined but mostly about how her best friend had betrayed her, why, why would she do somethign like this?!

Since Claire's parents were at work she the house was empty so she ran upstirs straight into her room and fell onto her bed sobbing.........

*it's ok claire, everything will be just fine........just sleep and forget about everything.......*

She did as the voice said but once she fell asleep she could only see darkness.At least there was somewhere she could be at peace........

Senior Member Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-15-2012 12:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Item: Cell Phone

The soft shift of metal ignited the lighter, producing embers to meet the end of a cigarette. Rivkah inhaled the nicotine, finally pausing to breath out the carcinogens in bittersweet release. Wisps of ashen smoke curled in the air, framing her delicate features. The meeting had gone well and she had obtained the information she wanted. The cost would be determined at a later date. Still, there was cause for some respite.

After the rendezvous she had left the hotel in search of a more private location. A place where she could collect her thoughts and execute the next course of action. A place where she could feel closest to nature, camouflaged from the eyes of man. A place Isis could also enjoy. After all, a happy nightmare was a productive one.

She sunk her bare toes deep into the sand, the coolness rejuvenating her skin. It felt glorious. Somewhere within herself she could feel Isis relax in response. As morning continued to shine, the waves sparkled, as if carrying small diamonds in the water currents. In this rare moment of peace, Rivkah calculated paths of destruction.
    Last edited by Lola Granola; 01-03-2010 at 06:30 PM.

Gil
    Aggressive
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Items: Strength Powder, Focus Powder, Balance Powder, Medicine Bag

Ozman made it to Meril's house without being seen by anyone around the area. He opened the door and saw Rod sleeping and Zen meditating. He smiled and saw Moir looking out the window.
    " Ah, just the person I was looking for." Ozman said putting down his bag, " Obviously you must have got my message from Styx."
    He reached into his bag and took out the strength powder and focus powder and set them on the floor.
    " Moir take this focus powder and strength powder outside and wait for me to come out." Ozman said turning his attention to Rod, " I've got to wake him up."
    He walked toward Zen and gently tapped his shoulder breaking him from his meditation. Ozman pointed towards the back door and Zen walked outside. He then grabbed Rod and carried him outside as well.
    " Rod get up." Ozman said nudging him to wake up, " It's time for your training with Zen."
    Rod woke up and nodded, yawning and walking tover to where Zen was.
    " Get ready for your training." Ozman said tossing the strength powder to Rod, " Take a little of this and we will begin."
    " Ok Master Ozman." Rod said taking a bit of the strength powder, " Woah, I feel great! What is this powder?"
    " It's called strength powder and it will allow you to use 100% of your muscles but your training will come from how you handle the stress it puts on your body." Ozman said, " This will help your endurance last longer. So are you ready?"
    " Yes, let's do this..."

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

The silence was uncomfortable, but this was Jace’s turf and he deserved the first “move.” Unless, of course, he chose to forego the first words and default to Piers. Before Piers had a chance to think of something to say, Jace began to speak after chewing bits of his food.

"I think someone said that it is always best to deal the first blow as powerful as possible. This way they get no chance to survive the second one, if it comes at all." Jace said carefully, "Or maybe it was slightly different to that." He said with a pause. "But let me tell you something about me first." He grinned with malice. He let a moment pass.

Piers barely had time to dwell upon Jace’s words before he started to speak again; this time in unison with the nightmare he presumed was named Thanatos, given Karn’s deduction.

"I enjoy playing games." Jace said.
    "And I enjoy winning games." Came Thanatos' voice suddenly from Jace.
    "But I need players to do a game."
    "I need opponennts to defeat in a game."
    "I need a reason to win."
    "I have a reason to win."
    "And your one of them." They both said in unison. The cold darkness of Thanaots voice mixing with the insane roots of Jaces'. Slowly Jace pealed of one of his gloves. The right one first. Revealing an ordinary hand. The the left. It revealed a hand covered in the black skin of Thanatos, it even pulsed with red viens like molten fire.

Piers involuntarily clenched his right hand in shock, but was able to keep from jumping back in surprise. The next act Jace performed, however, caused him to do just that…

"This is our first blow. Our powerful strike to cripple this discussion and spark this debate." His voice flowed between Thanatos and Jace's. With a quick tug he pulled back his hood. Made it was pure chance but at the same time a chill ran through the room. But it wasn't the coldest thing there. Sitting before Piers was something he couldn't have even prepared for. Jace's face was split down the middle. The left half was black the right normal. His hair was grown only on the left side. It's black flowing for stood out next to his normal hair. His left pupil had devoured his whole eye and the red gleam showed nothing but evil. A few red marks of viens pulsed slightly. The black skin seemed to try and flow over to the normal side of his face before being pushed back, like the tides of the sea. There was no doubt in anyones mind who had seen that before. Jaces left half was no longer his. It was Thanatos's. Jace just semed to grin. That same dark grin.

Piers was too startled to hide his surprise, and his chair slid back a bit due to his sudden “jump” back from the bizarre-looking Jace.

What was Jace communicating to him? That he was in the process of mastering the sync technique, a skill rarely perfected by Vagrants? It wasn’t likely, as it was clear to Piers that Jace had synced during their fight in the stairwell outside of the Psych ward. Was he just trying to startle Piers? Even for the game-loving Jace, it wasn’t that simple. And what did he mean about Piers being his reason to win? Was there more to what he was saying that what Piers was hearing?

Piers had no way to deduce what Jace’s nightmare was trying to do; instead, Piers could only relate, to some small degree, to the human Jace. And Piers guessed that Jace was simply showing Piers that he was now on the edge of chaos, of madness, almost as if he were pleading for help. But a plea is hardly a way to sum up what Jace was doing. He was also, Piers believed, forcing Piers to cut to the chase, jettison the insults, and begin the conversation as it should begin, seeing as how it was taking place between a Guardian and a Vagrant who had both left their marks on one another previously. Piers went along with the unspoken request, and moved directly past the “small talk,” still wondering if Jace was totally comfortable with what was happening to him. The way the blackness seemed poised to overrun Jace’s humanity made him think that was not the case at all.

Piers took a deep breath, attempted to corral his thoughts and calm his nerves, and then spoke with his trademark calmness that was often forced and false, as it was now.

“Jace, believe it or not, I came to give you something. I want something in return, but we can get to that later. Jace, I once appealed to you in the stairwell on a humane level, remember? I charged you with being a traitor against your kind, a murderer of humans who used his nightmare for evil. And it didn’t so much as make you even hesitate or give a second thought to the harm you were doing…and have done. So, I’m not going to dwell on that. Instead, I simply ask…are you pleased with what you are becoming? When I sync, it’s clear that I’m in control. I can’t say that about you. And from the looks of it, I’d say that your nightmare is trying to take control, right under your nose. How about that, Jace? He thinks you’re stupid, that you don’t know what’s going on!”

It was difficult to speak to Jace while looking at him. Never before had Piers seen anything like the bizarre visage that he looked upon. Even Skitters, Piers felt, was more tense than normal at the sight, as if he expected an attack. Yet, Piers tried to sound calm, even confident, and remained seated to show that he trusted Jace enough to believe that he would not suffer a surprise strike in his vulnerable position. Even so, that trust only went so far. He wondered, should Thanatos take control, if he could strike Piers dead before he had time to even think about a counter. It was an unsettling thought, but he decided to stick to his plan for now.

Piers was attempting to appeal to Jace’s human side once again, but with a marked difference from last time: instead of his appeal being based on the harm Jace had done to other humans, he based it on the harm Jace was potentially doing to himself by allowing Thanatos to have a semblance of control over his being. Even humans who were misanthropic had a tendency to love themselves. And now that the counter was done, it was time to make an offensive move.

“Speaking of this nightmare that thinks you’re an idiot, you never told me its name. Of course, I’ve got my guess: is it ‘Thanatos’?” Piers didn’t wish to elaborate on how he’d come to his guess at the name of the nightmare, and wanted Jace to be confused by it. Of course, if he was wrong, he’d look foolish, especially given his confidence. And for that reason he made his “move” two-pronged: he included one known with the previous unknown.

“If so, Thanatos here told me something that’s had me confused ever since I fought you in the hospital. I know he said it because it was the same voice that keeps bubbling out of you at random; it sounded nothing like you. Do you know what he said? He said, Jace…”
    Piers paused for the smallest bit of time, then continued, quoting Thanatos and intentionally deepening his voice a bit in order to mock Thanatos’s harsh, deep voice. “’When you die, tell Jace’s mother he is fine. She must be so worried, you know, Boy’?”

Looking down to the table a bit and raising his eyes to meet Jace’s, he added, “I wonder what he meant by that?”

His appeal to Jace might be totally ignored as his other appeal had been earlier, and thus he had to throw in one factor he was more certain of: the fact that Thanatos had mentioned Jace’s mother was probably significant. After all, he said it to Piers as he believed he was about to take his life, so he wasn’t worried about Piers bringing it up. Unfortunately for Thanatos, God had other plans for Piers that day, and he’d survived their encounter with the help of Sigataph, strangely enough. He only hoped that Jace would give some reaction that would stifle Thanatos’s control over him, or else any appeal he chose to give would fall on deaf ears.

Senior Member Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine has a reputation beyond repute Luka Megurine's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Gifts Dr Who Tardis Dr Who SonicScrewdriver Green Ribbon
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-11-2015 01:50 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Danger Duchess

Role: Watcher
    Items: N/A

Chinatsu's wounds bled almost making a puddle. She sat up and used the wall to support her movement. This day couldnt get any worse for her. She started to walk eventually and she found her way to another alleyway. "I really really really hate my life." She said to herself, bowing her head. She grabbed herself a stick to use as a cane. Chinatsu walked weakily over to a building. Her vision began to blur causing her to not know the name of the place.

She sat outside the door and closed her eyes. She knew the blood loss would soon take over her consciousness. "Why couldnt I see this earlier...." She asked herself. She fell over from the sitting position and started to lose consciousness. "Damn...it..."
    A human bitten by pureblood vampires turn into vampires themselves. When that happens, there can be only one of two results, Their blood becomes toxic and die, or slowly suffering the pain of transforming into a vampire. Other vampires don't possess this dark power that purebloods have. I respect his strength of will, he was only a human, yet he resisted the powerful vampire instinct for four years. ~ Kaname Kuran,

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Items: Missing Persons Notices, $10.01, Tarot Card, Mint

On his bike, Aiden felt like he was flying. The wind in his air and face, the way the trees and cars blurred as he sped past, the strain of his legs as he pedaled as fast as he could. On and on he went, wanting to be as far away from reality as possible. Out of that house, away from adults, he felt like he could breathe. He felt free.

He knew he needed to go to the police station first to put up the first notice. The old one that he and his mother put up four years ago must still be there anyways, but it wouldn't hurt to look. Then for some reason, he found himself speeding past the station. Still he just kept on going as if his legs knew where to go. To the beach?

He could find a moment’s respite in the beach. All alone with no one else around, it’s just you and the crashing of waves and the powerful wind. Aiden stopped his bike right in the middle of the shore. Just yesterday morning he woke up here surrounded by dead dogs. It seemed like someone had cleaned up the carcasses. But now, the beach gave him peace, not fear. He stared out into the horizon where the sky and the sea met. The boy took a deep breath.

But he coughed instead. Someone nearby was smoking and he had inhaled some of the smoke. He looked to see a woman.

A very sophisticated-looking woman with cinnamon eyes and short white tresses was burying her toes in the sand. She seemed to simply enjoy the serenity. Understand that Aiden is just a typical fourteen year-old boy and he couldn't help but be mesmerized by her.

Should he speak first? Should he even say anything at all? Girls are undeniably more intelligent than boys and she’d probably just find him cute and laugh him off.

“Um, hello,” he suddenly found himself speaking, “D-do you come here often?”

Perfect. Way to go, Aiden. What a way to start a conversation. Just please don’t say ‘wait five more years’ or something. Aiden didn’t think he could stand it if he’s brushed off by that same line again.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information