AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 96 FirstFirst ... 31 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 51 91 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 2393

Thread: RPG: Nightmare Hunt (A Supernatural/Mystery RPG)

Senior Member Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Silver Ribbon Four Leaf Clover Teal Ribbon
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2019 02:20 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aspirantgarde

Role: Guardian
    Items: Guardian radio, cell phone
    It seemed that Piers had moved from Sigataph’s piercing gaze to Nerisa’s unsettling one. Something about it seemed so probing, so discerning, and her gaze lingered a bit as it traced its way to certain articles of his clothing. He had almost forgotten that she was an investigator of some sort; perhaps it was time to see if he could find out exactly who she was with.

He wasted no time getting down to business and attempted to be vague about the previous goings-on. In order for him to know what exactly to say and, more importantly, how to say it, he had to get at least a semblance of an idea as to who Nerisa was working for and how she had sniffed out Landy as an investigative candidate. He was still a bit shaken and worried about both Melinda and Landy, but he managed to corral his thoughts and calm down a bit before speaking.

“Alright, so they’ve never met and Landy hasn’t mentioned me yet. That does a help a bit,” he thought briefly before speaking.
    “Well, Nerisa, as you heard…our time here is a bit…limited, I guess. Landy told me she had company that needed to ask her some questions at her place, and I guess she meant you, huh? Do you own the apartment complex? Is she your tenant or something?” He had no reason to introduce Melinda, as he didn’t want to bring her under any potential questioning as well. He turned to Melinda and said, “Melinda, run your hands under some cold water, alright?” He was still worried about her, and still surprised at her boldness during the Sigataph encounter.
    Part of what he’d said to Nerisa was untrue, of course. Landy had actually said the woman was doing an “investigation.” Yet, that term was a bit too strident to use right now. Piers had to play it by ear for now, given the lack of info he had.

He looked over to Melinda, then back over to Landy, sincerely worried about them but simultaneously wanting the gesture to convey the thought to Nerisa that he was not worried about any potential questioning she might have for him. The truth was different, of course; depending on who Nerisa was working for and her own personal acumen, he might indeed be worried over the potential questioning. And so far, Nerisa seemed to be particularly capable, at least in terms of observation. Melinda had identified her as a feral, and Piers was banking on the hope that no more nightmares would manifest themselves today in Landy’s apartment.

Senior Member Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Grey Ribbon Silver Ribbon L Laptop
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-30-2013 08:48 AM
    Threads

Theo
    Role: Feral
    Items: $15.01, Tarot Card

Two down. One to go.

They had walked halfway through a block, Theo leaning heavily on Harue. Each painful step seemed to shoot needles up the very marrow of his bone.

He didn’t know how it happened, but they had somehow managed to get away without Meril and Rod following them. Theo silently thanked his personal god for whatever Harue said that convinced them to stay in the park. He had been willing to bet their human altruism would make them accompany him to the bus stop. And he still couldn’t shake off the feeling they were being followed.

The bus stop… Something seemed off about it.

Theo conjured a mental map of the city. There was the park, indicated as a greenish-yellow circle off center, and Oakwood High, Aiden’s high school, almost next to it. Across it, the library. But the closest bus stop is almost right across the Hospital itself.

Now wait just a damn moment…

“Harue,” Theo began, “You know it hurts like hell to walk. I don’t want to seem like I’m asking for too much, but would you mind calling a taxi? I’m sure you’ve realized that the nearest bus stop is right across the hospital.” he paused and in staccato, said, “… Right. Across. The Hospital.”

Trojan.FlyStudio.I i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Prinny Favorite
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-10-2012 03:53 AM
    Threads

Nerisa
    Items: Photo

Nerisa laughed at Piers' comment.

"Do I look like a land lady stereotype?" Nerisa guffawed. She was genuinely amused. So Landy told him that I'm questioning her and he thinks I'm a landlady? Who thinks that? You don't seem like a dull fellow, Piers m'boy. You know I'm not. I think you're just trying to make me spill my real purpose.

But the real question, Mr. Piers.. Is why would Landy tell YOU I'm questioning her. She wouldn't tell a random guest about that. That makes you a confidante. A person inside Landy's circle of trust. Are you what-- her guardian?

She saw him watch her under a tense look, undoubtedly wondering what she was thinking as her eyes lingered on the dress jacket (Formal), on the turtleneck (inhibited), on the hairstyle (subtle expression).

The man asked the girl, Melinda, to wash her hands with cold water, his eyes showed a nature of care for the girl. When his eyes met with Nerisa, though, they became quite cold.

"Why are you so tense?" Nerisa joked. "I'm not as scary as a landlady that's for sure. I hope you don't think I'm this sneaky black market operative or whatever. I'm merely a columnist for the Town Tribunal. Here's my I.D." Nerisa fished her I.D. form her left pocket and flashed it to Piers. She was careful not to show it too long, or else Piers might notice she wasn't a columnist, but an editor.

"I am making a story about the recent attack on St. Birch Hospital. Landy was one of the people working in the hospital and I was lucky enough to catch the bus with her this morning. I caught a dizzy spell when I stepped out of the bus," Nerisa continued. "and Landy was kind enough to place me under her care. She's a good girl, Landy."

Nerisa sighed, catching a glimpse of the unconscious Landy. She wondered slightly what could have happened to Landy and these two people.. And how the hell did the lady Sigataph fit into the picture? And the flames? And everything else? Nerisa shook her head. She tried not to think of the details too much, else she might just lose it again.

"Anyway, it's simply part of my job to interview everyone involved in the St. Birch Attack. Just some general info and basic details. Oh, but have you heard about it, though? Landy must have surely told you. Wasn't it horrible?"

A trap. Nerisa knew for one that Piers de Foe knew about the hospital, since he worked there. But if he admits to it, he will have to admit about his participation. If he denies it, he will obviously be lying, because everyone knew about the St. Birch attack. She wondered if Piers will guess that she knew that he worked for the hospital himself.

She waited for Piers to answer, all the while stroking Miss Noir's black fur.

++
    Harue
    Role: Guardian (trainee)
    Items: Radio, notes, GPS

“Harue,” Theo began, “You know it hurts like hell to walk. I don’t want to seem like I’m asking for too much, but would you mind calling a taxi? I’m sure you’ve realized that the nearest bus stop is right across the hospital.” he paused and in staccato, said, “… Right. Across. The Hospital.”

"I... really?" Harue looked sort of embarrassed. "I didn't know... I uhmm.. don't go out much. And I've only moved in town like a month ago."

Harue didn't speak for a while. Though Theo's suggestion on a taxi was commendable, it was certainly out of his options. Harue didnt have much money on him, and even if he did, how embarrassing would that be, paying the taxi cab with ten-cent coins like a grandma?

Harue cringed at the thought. "Is it really unberable Theo? I might have to place a call. Can I leave you here for a sec?"

Harue struggled to let Theo sit on a curb while he walked some distance away to get his Radio out of his pocket. He checked if Theo was looking, took the Radio out and spoke into it.

"Miss Seda. Copy. Miss Seda. I think I might need your help on something. Can you come to my location with the motorcycle? Miss Seda?"

A few more seconds of static concerned Harue. He struggled for his GPS and searched on tiny Seda dot that usually blinked comfortably in the screen. He found no such dot this time.

"What?" Harue tried to make sense of it. He tried the Radio again.

"Miss Seda. Copy. Miss Seda."

Static.

Harue dialed the phone and a string of unanswered ringing was all he heard. An operator soon told him that the number was unreachable and gleefully suggested he called later. Harue felt sweat form at the back of his neck, and he gulped a couple of times to clear his parched throat.

"H-hello, HQ. Harue here." Harue jabbered as the phone was picked up by one of the techs. "Did Miss Seda return to HQ anytime today? Is she alright? Her Radio GPS isn't working--maybe it's broken or somethin--"

"Calm down, Guardian. Hmm.. Seda Salucci? The new Mainland back-up?" The tech asked.

"Yes."

Sound of typing was heard.

"Ahh, I see. She filed an indefinite leave from the HQ, dear." the tech said. "She surrendered her phone and Guardian Radio this evening under Personal issues. She took the motorcycle though, saying, and I quote, "I will return this one whole, I promise". Such a fiery spirit, that girl, haha.. Harue? Harue? Are you still on?"

Harue couldn't speak. Something blocked his throat as he hung the phone up. He sat down on the curb for a while, ironing out the kinks in his mind and the sadness that followed it.

The pavement was cold on his back and the air blew a touch on his neck. He gave the expanse of the outdoors a long slow stare, realizing suddenly how dark and big and empty the town is outside HQ. "I.. I'm quite alone now, aren't I?" Harue sighed quietly. But the investigation is still on the way.. and the injured Theo needs his assistance.

Harue stood up but laid motionless for a few more seconds before he was able to convince his body to move.
    Last edited by i_say_sabotage; 12-12-2009 at 11:56 AM.

It is hard to say there is a reason for being anywhere
    Even if you retrace your steps

Dark catgirl artist Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa's Avatar
    Gil
    Sneaky
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-16-2013 01:38 PM
    i am usealy lurking somewhere or being sneaky. use the pm button if you wish to reach me.
    Threads

Role: watcher
    Items: inhaler

Melinda looked from piers to nerisa and back, she shrugged and went looking for the kitchen. When she found it she putted her hands under the water for a few minutes before rummaging through the kabinets for a first aid kit. when she did not find one she went to the bathroom and found one there. sitting on the toilet she carefully wrapped the bandages around her hands. she was about to put the kit back when she gasped and dropped in faorvor of grabbing the bathroom sink. The box cracked open en supplies rolled over the bathroom floor. melinda's eyes glazed over.

Vision

Melinda stood before mark again but he was stil blurry, he spoke "so you have your memory back". melinda found something odd about mark as far as she recalled the one picture she saw him on had been very clear it could be the odd vision caused braindamage but why was her memory back then "what is giong on mark" she crossed her arms. Mark mimiked her "you and piers are wasting time, you gotta find madeleine not talk to some editor girl". Melinda's eye's narrowed "so she is lying" he nodded "now go" he gave her a light pushed and melinda felt falling.

end vision

Melinda gasped and sank to the floor, she felts something warm dribble from her nose en just knew it was blood. she grabbed a few pieces of toilet paper and used her inhaler while she tryed to stop the nosebleed.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

pm me for a free avatar or signature

Nespa's advise for newbie's: don't add someone's msn adress without asking them.
    my sigworks sig sets my wallpapers

The Fallen Wanderer The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-21-2012 01:07 PM
    Threads

Role: Vagrant
    Items: Cellphone

Rod watched as Theo and Harue left the park. He turned to a tree and saw Ozman standing next to it with a serious look on his face.
    " What's wrong Ozman?" Rod said walking toward him, " You never left the park did you?"
    He studied his expression and turned to Meril. He smiled and walked back over to her.
    "It's about time we leave here." Rod said, " Want to head somewhere else?"
    Rod thought about Ozman's expression and came to one conclusion, It was time to finish his difficult training regimen with Ozman.
    " It's time Zen." Rod said in his mind, " Dizzy's been released."
    " When will we have to fight?" Zen said, " Will we be able to reach the pinnacle of our training?"
    " I don't know.....Just be ready."

Ozman knew what he had to do in order to help Rod and Zen use their full potential and that was to release Dizzy, his 100% form.
    " Rod, Zen, this will be a final test to make you or break you." Ozman said looking at the stars, " Forgive me Moir and Meril."
    Sync Level: 50%
    Ozman transformed into a spider hybrid with a different personality.
    "It's time already? Fine then......" Dizzy said following Rod and Zen's energy, " Get ready boys, Ozman can't save you this time...."

Trusting a person is giving someone the ability to destroy you, but at the same time being confident the he/she won't.......

Project Chaos link below.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5CyAAMyFKE

SOS Brigade Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Cheshire Cat Be Mine 312 - Minun
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2023 08:47 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Role:Vagrant

Rod had smiled at Meril and then headed her way.

"It's about time we leave here. Want to head somewhere else?" She smiled while looking at Moir then back at him.

"Sure. Its not too late. Anywhere would be fine." Meril watched as Rod looked towards a tree. She thought about the man from earlier who visited every now and then. He seemed quite serious and then, Meril could barely hear what he had said. The man from earlier known as Ozman appeared.

" Rod, Zen, this will be a final test to make you or break you. Forgive me Moir and Meril." She looked at him puzzled by his comment. Then, as Ozman began to transform, she figured it out. They were being tested. Moir tapped her shoulder and signaled to her that they should take cover somewhere.

"Rod, we'll find somewhere safe to take cover. Good luck." Moir tugged at her arm forcefully to signal to her to run. They ran to hide behind some shrubs.

"You didn't have to tug on my arm so hard. You could have ripped it out of the socket!" Moir giggled and just peeked above the shrubs.

"Nah. I highly doubt I could have done that. I am all...." Moir looked at her physique.

"You know what I mean. I am not capable of tearing your poor arm out of its socket." Moir spit her tongue out at Meril. Meril held back a giggled but then it turned into a laugh.

"You are so silly." She caught her breath and looked above the shrub to see what was going on.

Every great work of art has two faces, one toward its own time and one toward the future, toward eternity.
    Daniel Barenboim

Here is my family!:
    lilminx: My awesome big sister!
    *Tsuki*: Awesome lil sister!
    Teddy2116:Cool big bro!
    Hikaru_Hitachiin: Cool older Brother!
    kirei-chan: Awesomo big sister!
    Serpentarius: Brother in law!

Senior Member Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

(Would someone living in the western hemisphere mind estimating the fare if you travelled by taxi from the park to the hospital in this town? Taxis in this country are seriously unfair. Guah!)

Theo

- "I... really?" Harue looked sort of embarrassed. "I didn't know... I uhmm.. don't go out much. And I've only moved in town like a month ago."

The pause was comical, almost like the uncomfortable silences you see in anime shows. Theo half expected a gust of wind and a tumbleweed to pass by just to perfect the awkwardness. He watched Harue’s expression during the silence as it started at embarrassment and ended with a slight cringe.

-"Is it really unbearable Theo? I might have to place a call. Can I leave you here for a sec?"

“… no and yes,” Theo replied to no one in particular as Harue deposited him on the curb. The guy didn’t even wait for him to answer the first question. Theo was starting to get used to having his fate decided for him.

Now it was Theo’s turn to check if Harue was looking. When he was sure of not being seen, he placed one hand on each knee. Theo gritted his teeth to prepare himself and began healing them.

One must not be afraid of pain. It is unpleasant, but it is a sure reminder that you are alive. It is only your body telling you something is very, very wrong. Close your eyes so it burns even brighter. Feel it as it travels up your thighs, past your heart and into your mind. It grips you until it is the only thing you can think of. Therefore, think of nothing else. Let it wash over you like forgiving grace. And whatever you do, keep your screams to yourself.

He took a sharp intake of breath when he was done and exhaled slowly. Theo looked over his shoulder. Harue was now talking to a cell phone, the cute charm dangling left and right as its owner nervously paced about. Whatever made him look so frightened, Theo could only guess. Then Harue put down his cell phone. Looking numb, he sat almost next to Theo and fell flat on his back

- "I.. I'm quite alone now, aren't I?"

For some reason he could never know, Theo wanted to reach out and sweep the dark hair away from the boy’s face. He wanted to look into Harue’s eyes. Only then could Theo understand why he would lie down on the curb in this godforsaken alleyway; why he sighed as if all the colors had left this dismal world. Most of all, Theo longed to whisper,

Yes, Harue. You and I are quite alone.

“Perhaps…” Theo simply answered, but it was unlikely Harue heard him. A low rumbling sound indicated an oncoming vehicle. A taxi was kind enough to stop by the two dejected-looking teens. The window rolled down and the driver asked if they need help.

“Would you bring us to the hospital?” Theo asked.

“Is everything all right? If you’re injured, I could give you a discount, I suppose.” The driver looked at the motionless Harue, who then finally decided to stand up. Theo reached out a hand to him, waiting for him to lend his strength. He knew for sure he could now put weight on his knees, but the show had to go on.

Senior Member Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Piers breathed a sigh of relief when he realized that Nerisa, by proof of her card, was indeed working for the Town Tribunal. It was much better to deal with the media than some kind of intelligence probe, he figured.

Though he was sincerely surprised at the speed in which Nerisa had contacted Landy (was it as accidental as she suggested? She seemed sincere enough), Piers was still underestimating her. Though he felt he had gotten sufficient information in the last exchange of words, wanting only to know who Nerisa was working for, he was ignorant as to the fact that Nerisa had acquired much more inferential deduction from him than he had from her. He was never truly impressed with the media’s attempts to gather what he felt was always superficial information, and he was not yet aware that Nerisa was gaining inference from him with every exchange of words.

“Landy didn’t tell her anything about me?” he thought to himself. “Then Landy’s either trying to keep me out of it, or she didn’t have time to mention me. Probably the former as opposed to the latter. So, as long as we don’t contradict each other too much, we should be fine. Looks like I’ll have to be vaguely specific, as oxymoronic as it sounds. Just give the nice reporter enough red meat and she’ll go away for a while.”

“Alright, Nerisa…quid pro quo. Tic for tac. I give you some info, and hope that I can infer some things from your answer,” he thought again before speaking. Melinda had left the room, probably to wash her hands and cool them off. Piers knew he needed to actually treat the wounds, but this first step was just as necessary as applying salve. And Landy…would she snap out of it soon? He would have to make sure that she knew the jist of what had been said so that they didn’t contradict each other enough to make Nerisa seek them out again.

“The St. Birch…attack, you say? Attack? Yeah, I know something went down, but that’s the first time someone has called it an ‘attack.’ You see, I work there. That’s how Landy and I met. I’ve been on extended leave for some time now; I really needed more time to help out some friends of mine who’ve been dealing with a lot lately. But, I still try to go to the hospital when I can to see the patients in the Psych ward where I used to work.”

He was a little uncomfortable giving her so much information up front. But, by giving genuine information with just a kernel of deceit, he was hoping he could discover the specifics—most of them—concerning what Nerisa knew about the attack. Surely she didn’t have any footage to go by, as the CCTV tapes were safe at HQ.

Based on her answer, Piers would be able to plan an either evasive or diversionary response. Hopefully. Something about her eyes seemed to unnerve him, and had she not been working for the press he would have let that little fact influence his speech to a larger degree. He genuinely thought Nerisa was merely gaining fodder for a developing story, and was thus largely unworried concerning the potential direction of the conversation.

The Fallen Wanderer The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

OOC: I hope this doesn't affect the plot

Rod felt Dizzy's energy just as he was about to strike and he dodged the blow. Rod got into his fighting stance and Zen appeared and did the same.
    " So you've finally shown up huh, Dizzy." Rod said with a grin, " Zen, we can take him."
    " I know we can Rod." Zen said looking at Moir, " Get Meril to a safe distance, it would hurt Rod and myself to see you two get hurt."
    " Don't worry Zen, Moir will make sure she is safe."
    " Are you done talking? It making me agitated.." Dizzy said creating web whip, " Let's see what you got since last time."
    Dizzy smacked the ground with the whip to make a gesture. Rod and Zen didn't hesitate and double teamed Dizzy. Dizzy dodged every blow countering here and there making it look like movie scene.
    Dizzy knocked both of them away and dropped the whip.
    They both got up quickly and prepared themselves for another attack.

Trusting a person is giving someone the ability to destroy you, but at the same time being confident the he/she won't.......

Crazy Personified janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Gifts Ouran Patch Manekineko
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-30-2011 09:55 AM
    Threads

Role: Unrevealed
    Items: None

SEAN'S POV

"Hi." he replied. "Need help getting up?" he said offering his hand.

I grabbed it, pulled myself up, and straightened myself.

"You know, I might be off on a limb here, but common sense tells me you shouldn't lie around the beach on a cold night... Except with a beer."

A savior with a sense of humor? I like it! Definitely not going to kill this one.

"Speaking of beers, I could use one" I say, but then as I think about it I add, "Except I've never drank one before. I'm irrationally afraid that if I drink it, I might lose all the focus I need to..." be crazy "... work. Then I'll end up drunk and lying on a beach somewhere with no idea of why or what I'm doing here on my back, and HEY! What do you know, guess I don't need beer for that eh?"

I offer my hand to him.

"The name's Sean. No last name, just Sean"
    ---
    "They called me mad, I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me." -Nathaniel Lee
    ---

---
    Being crazy only means I'm smarter than you
    ---

Trojan.FlyStudio.I i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Prinny Favorite
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Harue
    Items: GPS, Notes, Radio

"Perhaps.."
    Theo answered. Harue was mildly surprised Theo even replied to his soliloquy. Was it a bit rude of him to say that he was "alone" when Theo was there with him? It did seem a bit rude.

... Yet Harue appreciated the gesture.

"I'm sorry." Harue sighed. "That question wasn't meant to be answered, Theo." he laughed quietly. "I meant no disrespect."

The taxi's headlights flashed on their faces and Harue shielded his eyes from the sudden burst oflight.

“Is everything all right? If you’re injured, I could give you a discount, I suppose.”

"Thank you sir.." Harue replied to the taxi driver and took Theo's outstretched arm. There were a lot of nice people today, weren't there? Theo, Meril and Rod, the kindly taxi driver... Perhaps the world isn't so empty.

Theo pushed his weight on to Harue's back. He seemed lighter than he was just a couple of minutes ago but Harue decided to ignore this.

They boarded the taxi slowly, Harue making sure Theo was as comfortable as possible.

++

Nerisa

“The St. Birch…attack, you say? Attack? Yeah, I know something went down, but that’s the first time someone has called it an ‘attack.’ You see, I work there."

Hm. What a safe answer. But at least it is confirmed he is connected to the hospital.

"That’s how Landy and I met. I’ve been on extended leave for some time now; I really needed more time to help out some friends of mine who’ve been dealing with a lot lately."

Extended Leave. Hm. So he wasn't there in the hospital when "it" happened... But then again, Landy was. So he must know more than what he shows. A spark. Oh yes. And Lloyd said he CALLED.

"But, I still try to go to the hospital when I can to see the patients in the Psych ward where I used to work.”

Psych Ward.

Again with the Psych Ward.

"Again with the Psych Ward." Nerisa blurted out her thoughts without thinking. "Oh.. uhm yes. The attack happened in the Psych Ward, see? Is it really surprising to call it an "attack"? Should it be called a "threat"?"

Nerisa thought deeply for a few seconds. "Witnesses say they were threatened by somebody.. By a voice. Nobody really saw the perp. The police are thinking he used the PR system."

Not really. The PR System is located on the 1st floor. The Psych Ward was on the 4th. If the perp did use the PR, the whole hospital would have heard it, yet it wasn't so. Only the patients of the Psych Ward heard the voice. Still, what other explanation could the police give?

Piers, if you have been working for the hospital, you would know this. Would you point it out? Or shrug it off?

"People complained of hallucinations and some mild nausea. They also experienced some disturbing illusions. It was mild mass hysteria used as tactic. Investigations concluded some hallucinogens were released in the air ducts."

Another lie. No hallucinogen could act up that fast.. Also, no known drug could cause different people to see the same things. Her interviews with the patients were consistent, which were astounding, after all, they were psych patients.

Nerisa hoped that by giving intentionally false information, Piers would disagree and be able to give her real info. His input would be necessary, if not vital, to solve the mystery.

She also had no intention of mentioning about the suspected struggle seen on Psych Ward floor, evidence of a second and third presence in the dispute, the unexplained fire and the burnt pieces of clothing--

Fire..

Nerisa narrowed her eyes around the a patch of cloth taped on Piers' left chin and cheek.

"Shaving accident?" Nerisa smiled thinly.

++
    Yorick
    Role: Guardian (suspended)
    Items: N/A

"Speaking of beers, I could use one" he said, "Except I've never drank one before. I'm irrationally afraid that if I drink it, I might lose all the focus I need to... work. Then I'll end up drunk and lying on a beach somewhere with no idea of why or what I'm doing here on my back, and HEY! What do you know, guess I don't need beer for that eh?"

Three things about this guy.

One, he has NEVER drank beer. Therefore, he is not normal.
    Two, his work doesn't allow him to drink beer. Therefore, his work sucks.
    And three, this guy can actually talk for lengths of time, almost like talking to himself, and still keep up a decent conversation with no hint of awkwardness or shame.

Therefore, it is confirmed.

This guy is a priest.

...Or an unemployed mime?

Wait... That sounds wrong for some reason.

"The name's Sean. No last name, just Sean." the guy's toothy grin flashed like headlights against Yorick's eyes. Yorick nodded solemnly. There is no trace of doubt as he took the guy's outstretched hand.

"Nice to meet you, Father Sean."
    Last edited by i_say_sabotage; 12-14-2009 at 11:45 PM.

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

"Again with the Psych Ward."

What was that supposed to mean?

"Oh.. uhm yes. The attack happened in the Psych Ward, see? Is it really surprising to call it an "attack"? Should it be called a "threat"?"

This wasn't helping. Piers was still confused as to why Nerisa was caught up on the fact that he had mentioned the Psych ward. What was she doing? She wasn't acting like a normal reporter, absorbing, sometimes filtering, and recording conversations like an automaton. No, Nerisa seemed to be different. Yet, Piers was still ignorant as to how well she was inferring facts from his sparse speech.

"Witnesses say they were threatened by somebody.. By a voice. Nobody really saw the perp. The police are thinking he used the PR system."

Piers nodded as Nerisa spoke, but then something struck his thoughts. Did the police really deduce that? Then it was indeed a good thing the safety of the town didn't rely solely upon law enforcement; that deduction was sloppy at best and, realistically, not plausible. Had Piers known nothing about the attack, he might've believed it. But, he knew for a fact that the patients in the Psych ward were the only ones who came into close contact with Jace. So, everyone from the first to the fourth floors would have to hear the message from Jace if he sent his booming voice across the intercoms.

The question echoed in his mind before Nerisa spoke again: "Why would the police come to such a haphazard, sloppy deduction?"

"People complained of hallucinations and some mild nausea. They also experienced some disturbing illusions. It was mild mass hysteria used as tactic. Investigations concluded some hallucinogens were released in the air ducts."

That tore it. Anyone acquainted with even the smallest degree of knowledge concerning hallucinations would be able to see through the hole in this deduction. Piers considered whether he should blatantly disagree with the assumptions or not, and then, deciding on the former, he shook his head.

He shook his head again and pondered how much he could tell her. She knew a good deal about the incident, it seemed. And that meant that he had to pull out the trump card he used with the media. Quid pro quo on a grander scale, it could be said...

He remembered how well the Roswell story worked to get civilians off the backs of the military in the past. If you want to get people off the trail, give them what they want...a good story. No sooner had he planned to do this before he blurted out an unprepared answer to Nerisa's question over what happened to his face.

"My face? No, it got burned."

He stopped. That wasn't good. There was fire damage in the hospital. A connection to him would only complicate things for Piers and keep Nerisa probing for more info, it seemed. "Move, Piers...change the subject!" he thought desperately.

"She got me on that one", he thought. "I was careless. But perhaps I can keep her from thinking on this too long. Story time."

Brushing the hair out of his face, he put on what he believed to be his most genuine look and spoke directly to Nerisa, looking into her eyes. "Nerisa, I've got to be honest. These 'deductions' you told me about sound flimsy at best. I don't want to explain, but...I've got my own theory about things. And they involve medication from SuraCorp. Lloyd knows all about them. But..."

It was time for a disclaimer. All too-true stories had to have them if they were to be snugly wrapped in conspiracy.

"...if I'm to proceed, please promise me that I will have anonymity in your report."

Did the disclaimer work as he intended it to? Or had his remark about his injury tied him to more conspiracy than he was about the create out of thin air via the upcoming delivery of a false story laced with truth?
    Last edited by Cross Avantgarde; 12-15-2009 at 01:54 AM.

Dark catgirl artist Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa's Avatar
    Gil
    Sneaky
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-16-2013 01:38 PM
    i am usealy lurking somewhere or being sneaky. use the pm button if you wish to reach me.
    Threads

Role: watcher
    Items: inhaler

Melinda walked into the room with the toilet paper stil pressed againt her nose. It seemed nerisa was rather curious about the details of the hospital incident so it was time to cut her off "pierce mark called when i told him were we are he said not to waist any more time and should find madeleine" she looked at nerisa "i dropped her name, he said she was a editor not some columist" she sat on the ground and carefully removed the toiletpaper.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

pm me for a free avatar or signature

Nespa's advise for newbie's: don't add someone's msn adress without asking them.
    my sigworks sig sets my wallpapers

Ruler of Fire ultra_maniac has a reputation beyond repute ultra_maniac has a reputation beyond repute ultra_maniac has a reputation beyond repute ultra_maniac has a reputation beyond repute ultra_maniac has a reputation beyond repute ultra_maniac has a reputation beyond repute ultra_maniac has a reputation beyond repute ultra_maniac has a reputation beyond repute ultra_maniac has a reputation beyond repute ultra_maniac has a reputation beyond repute ultra_maniac has a reputation beyond repute ultra_maniac's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-09-2010 05:42 AM
    Threads

Items: Coffeeshop Uniform, Two Cups of Coffee, A Chocolate Croissant

GLAIZA'S POV:

After a quick change at home, I rush to the coffee shop. I guess I could always beg the boss to give me just a tiny little discount on the breakfast menu. A hungry waitress is a not a happy waitress, I always say.

"You're late again" the manager greets at me as soon as I walk in from the backdoor.

"Sorry boss" I connect my fingers, trying to look cute.

"Let me guess, breakfast?"

See this is why I love working here

"Yes please!"

"Hahaha, fine. But you have to serve the good doctor his coffee first" The manager laughed as she handed me a croissant and two cups of coffee.

"Hmm, is that chocolate? You know I love chocolate"

I look around, shocked, wondering if anyone could hear him, and then for the thousandth time, I realize that of course, Sean's my living nightmare. Of course I'm the only one being tortured by his existence.

"Come on, babe, you know, it ain't that bad."

I ignore him as I make my way to Dr. Piers.

---

"Here's your coffee, doc"

The good doctor seems as always, as haggard as ever. He looks like he's had no sleep at all.

Then she notices the cup of coffee already on his table... Oops?

"Huh. Must have been a double order."

"I'd like some coffee"
    ~ai~rox~

Thanks teed for the site info

SOS Brigade Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Meril watched the events of Rod's fight at a distance. She didn't want to get hurt nor did she want Moir to step in and interfere. Meril cringed as she had seen Rod and Zen blow away from Ozman's new transformation. She wanted to help them greatly but she knew it wasn't her fight. It was theirs.

"Don't need to look so concerned Meril. I am sure they'll do fine."
    Meril looked at Moir and tried to compose a grin.

"I just can't help it but worry. I don't like seeing people injured."
    Moir stuck her nose in the air.

"Ha! Apparently, I can see that from the little boy we helped earlier. Although....I find it kinda strange. You were never that way, you were more the selfish, troublesome type. And now.....what happened Meril?" Meril giggled as she peeked her head over the shrub.

"Well, I guess you could say people change. I mean, who would really be friends with someone who's selfish and causes trouble?"
    Moir thought about that question and then peeked over the shrub.

"Point taken Meril. Point taken."

Every great work of art has two faces, one toward its own time and one toward the future, toward eternity.
    Daniel Barenboim

Here is my family!:

Gil
    Aggressive
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Rod and Zen kept up the assault, but Dizzy still overpowered them.
    " Zen, you know what to do!" Rod said blocking one of Dizzy's attacks.
    " Let's do it...." Zen said fading away. Rod jumped back a few feet away from Dizzy and began to sync with Zen. They focused hard and they managed to go a little beyond their limits. They transformed and glared at Dizzy.
    Sync: 55%
    Their transformation was finished but their power kept increasing because of the moon.
    " Now let's fight for real..." Rod said getting into his stance, " I'll make sure you remember this defeat for years to come."
    "Hahahahaha, you think you can beat me? You've got to be kidding!" Dizzy said bursting into laughter, " You can't even beat Ozman so what thinks you can beat me?"
    Rod vanished before his eyes and connected with a kick that knocked him several feet away. Dizzy got up and laughed as he grew spider limbs out of his back.
    " Let's see if you can dodge all ten of my limbs." Dizzy said trying to jab Rod with the spider limbs, " I hope you can because I have a poison that even Ozman can't cure!"
    Rod managed to dodge a few attacks but was scraped by one of the limbs. He couldn't see for a moment but Dizzy landed another hit with his fist making Rod cough blood. Rod grabbed Dizzy's arm and kicked him in the chin hard enough to make him stagger. Rod was breathing heavily but got his breathing under control, he began another assault. Dizzy couldn't dodge in time and was caught off guard. Rod connected with a solid punch to the face and came with another one to his stomach, making Dizzy fold and fall to the ground. Rod thought it was over until he felt a strong energy presence emenating from Dizzy.
    Dizzy: 100%
    " You've done it now...." Dizzy said getting up, " I've sealed away Ozman and now I can fully use my powers! I've unleashed the insanity from within and now I WILL kill you!"
    " Zen, I need your help now more than ever!" Rod said sounding scared, " I can't feel Ozman anywhere in him, he really did it!"
    " Focus, I will help." Zen said appearing in a ghostly form, " Let me take over for you."
    " Dizzy, you are an opponent I will never forget." Zen said with a grin, " But I will never let you kill my master. Show me what you got!"
    Zen got into his stance, his power increasing, and so did Dizzy. Their energy clashed but it was actually them fighting at hyperspeed. They both slid back and waited for each other to attack.
    Last edited by The Rogue Devil; 12-16-2009 at 04:42 PM.

Senior Member Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-21-2010 05:14 PM
    Threads

Items: Guardian radio, Sword Handle

Ika looked around a bit and decided to walk in." Yo! piers! you here?" he decided not to waste any more time trying to wait for him. " You know, your awfuly impationt." kage said. "shut it Kage." Ika said under his breath. he went to the second floor." Piers!" he looked around then noticed his body was shaking."What the hell?" he said. Suddenly pain shot through his body, it must of breen the fight. he looked around suddenly he fell to one knee." Man that fight took more out of me then i thought." he said under his breath.

Never Give In, Never Give up.

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Theo

- "I'm sorry. That question wasn't meant to be answered, Theo. I meant no disrespect."

“None taken,” he replied lightly, briefly wondering how Harue could have arrived at that conclusion. Theo allowed his savior to put him (gently) into the taxi. It felt strangely… nice for someone to be so careful with you…

“Thank you, Harue,” He realized he gave a lot of kind smiles today; the most in his life in one day, actually.

Theo used this moment of peace to plan ahead. He leaned against the door, a hand clutching at his left arm as if it was still broken.

He must not let the doctors examine him. Theo had neither a beating heart nor a breathing lung to show them. If they check his pulse, they’ll find none. And Theo has never taken off his hoodie jacket – not even he is sure of what lies beneath. Even if he demonstrated he could walk well on his own and move his arm, that he was in good health, it would just astonish Harue. How could anyone from a motorcycle accident, who has been limping for what- the past hour? – suddenly be perfectly fine and peachy like nothing ever happened? It would sow seeds of suspicion in Harue’s mind. Theo had to prevent that at all costs. He would have to find Aiden at the hospital and escape into him before the doctors suspect a thing. But how…?

From the corner of the front window, St. Birch hospital came into view. Theo dug in his pocket and closed his fingers around the money. He had every intention to give it all to the kindly driver. As the others say, you can’t take it with you when you go back to the Host.

Then it struck him – could he bribe the guys at the hospital? Probably ten dollars would be enough to convince them not to examine him, or at least fake the results. It was well worth a try. Hopefully someone there wasn’t so faithful to hospital ethics.

Theo realized the silence probably made Harue uncomfortable. And with him being the shy, silent type, you can’t expect him to start all the conversations. The burning question in his mind was why Harue said that he was quite alone a while back on the street. But that would probably lead to a heavy, unfriendly discussion if it did not first cause sudden tension between them. Has Harue said anything about himself that could be used for a casual chat? Ah of course…

“You said you only moved in town a month ago,” Theo said nonchalantly, “Where did you live before?”

Crazy Personified janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Gifts Ouran Patch Manekineko
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-30-2011 09:55 AM
    Threads

"Nice to meet you, Father Sean."

FATHER?

Why would he call me FATHER?

My brain seemed to have stopped at the moment. But how could this be? What has Glaiza been doing with my body? But the guy didn't say Mother Glaiza... he said Father Sean. What have I been doing with my body?

Finally those unremembered nights caught up with me. I mean I always thought that I would be doing something I liked during those nights like killing or possibly even just maiming; I never thought that something like this could ever happen.

As I stared into the man's eyes, I realized something else. He sure didn't look like it, and he certainly didn't feel like it, but he did call me Father.

"Hello, my son." Matching his solemnity, I gripped his hand tighter, "How is your Mother?"
    Last edited by janajee; 12-16-2009 at 06:10 PM.
    ---
    "They called me mad, I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me." -Nathaniel Lee
    ---

---
    Being crazy only means I'm smarter than you
    ---

Gil
    Aggressive
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

OOC: Zen and Rod share the sync, meaning they can switch out

Sync: 65%

The two stared each other down, waiting for each other to make a move.
    They inched closer to each other until it turned into full blown combat that was too fast to be seen by the naked eye.
    " Dizzy, bring Ozman back!" Zen said blocking and countering attacks, " If not, I will force him out!"
    " Hahahahaha! You think you can bring Ozman back? Never!" Dizzy said blocking and countering attacks, " I'll watch you die a slow, painful death."
    The fight continued with Dizzy still having the upper hand. He still overpowered them by alot and it was showing in the fight. Dizzy connected with three punches to the gut that caused Zen to catch his breath falling to one knee, Dizzy connected with a kick to his face that knocked them back into a park bench.
    " Damn......I can't.... hold on much...longer..." Zen said panting hard, " Rod we have to work together to defeat Dizzy."
    Zen got up and felt Rod's energy flowing through them and he realized that it was him feeling alone that was making him stronger. Zen winced at the feeling because he felt rod dropping his feelings for Meril for this fight.
    " Rod you didn't have to do that..." Zen said disappearing. Dizzy and Zen fought with all they had but they still didn't have enough to fight back with, They were losing the fight and Ozman is sealed within Dizzy. The brawl was coming to a close fast with Rod and Zen losing...

Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Prinny Favorite
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Nerisa

Piers nodded and Nerisa watched as his face changed with every word or lie she uttered. If he only knew how transparent those little nuances could be. He obviously didn't agree with the traps Nerisa laid out, no surprise there, and for a moment he looked like he was about to say something but would stop. Nerisa was getting impatient.

But the spark that Nerisa waited for came in a slip of the tongue.

"My face? No, it got burned."

Burned..?

She saw his eyes widen with aghast, probably mentally scolding himself for the gaffe. Nerisa took a mental note of this but didn't say anything. Piers regained his composure in a few moments, taking the hair off his face, looking earnestly into Nerisa's eyes.

"Nerisa, I've got to be honest. These 'deductions' you told me about sound flimsy at best. I don't want to explain, but...I've got my own theory about things. And they involve medication from SuraCorp. Lloyd knows all about them. But..."

SuraCorp?

"The pharmaceutical company next town? What about them?" Nerisa's interest was piqued. When in doubt, find he nearest multi-million company? Of course, why not?

"...if I'm to proceed, please promise me that I will have anonymity in your report." Piers continued.

Nerisa's head bobbed up and down. Her heart pounded in her ribs in excitement. This is it. This will all make sense soon. The truth is--

Just then, the girl Melinda came into the room. She looked haughtily at Nerisa, as if she found out Nerisa's been feeding orange juice to her prized petunias.

"pierce mark called when i told him were we are he said not to waist any more time and should find madeleine" she looked at nerisa "i dropped her name, he said she was a editor not some columist" she sat on the ground and carefully removed the toiletpaper.

"Who the hell is Mark?" Nerisa replied defensively. And how the hell would this damn Mark guy know I'm an editor?

She stared at Melinda with new eyes then, studying her from head to toe. If there was a guy out there who could know somebody by a simple name drop, their occupation, their identity readily available in a phone call, then these people could be more dangerous that what she thought. Nerisa was a simple enough person. She is not by any means popular or important. For somebody to know who she is in a heartbeat made her suddenly wary of the two people in front of her.

Maybe the lady from a while ago was right about not trusting them. Nerisa may be dabbling with some awfully complicated business. One thing was for sure though, her trust was the last thing she could give to them and their words.

++

Harue
    Items: Notes, GPS, Radio

There was an uncomfortable silence in the taxi and it was broken by Theo's voice.

“You said you only moved in town a month ago,” Theo said nonchalantly, “Where did you live before?”

A shiver came up into Harue's spine as images of things he wished to forget flashed into his mind in tiny still-frames of monochrome detail. Every memory hurt in all the right places, piercing him in the choicest spots. It burned in his mind like embers of a dead person's past. Wasn't he dead before?

And Harue remembered.

"...None of your business."

He wished he didn't have to.

The coldness in his voice surprised even himself, but he didn't care. He was suddenly too aware of the proximity of Theo's shoulder to his and this sent a usual lurch in his stomach. He moved a bit further to the window, all the while wondering why he felt no such lurch when he was carrying Theo all the way from the park to the taxi just moments ago.

++

Yorick
    Role: Guardian (suspended)

"Hello, my son." Matching his solemnity, I gripped his hand tighter, "How is your Mother?"

Gads.. Yorick felt the stranger's fingernails grip his skin. Of all the toothy, monologuing, guy-sleeping-on-a-freezing-beach-alone-and-no-idea-who-he-is-except-for-his-first-name person, I just had to pick the crazy one. Tsk.

"Uh. Right. Mother? She's good." Yorick answered, not sure what to say, "Addicted to hair perms and sporting an unhealthy crush on Zac Efron?"

There was something about the man's eyes that glinted sadness, confusion and possibly a little dust of the magical green fairy called "Cuckoo". He has seen that look from a number of people before and they have all ended up staring at white walls with a big dumb talking chicken-head as company.

Either that or they up dead.. or killing people.. or 7-11 clerks...

One thing's for sure, though, Yorick thought, he's one helluva scary priest.. In fact, being a priest makes him even SCARIER.

Yorick looked from right to left and saw nobody in the empty beach besides him and the crazy priest. He looked at his hand and realized it was still clasped in an iron-grip, the guy holding it all the while smiling like sunshine.
    Last edited by i_say_sabotage; 12-17-2009 at 12:46 PM.

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Meril watched helplessly as Rod and Zen were taking a good beating. She could feel there energy growing but she also felt doubt within there energy. Meril focused her energy on Rod and Zen.

"I believe in both of you. Don't give up....." She placed her hands together and hoped that Rod could feel her energy to give them more strength. Moir watched and nodded as Meril focused. She did the same as well. The strength of love and friendship are the strongest feelings to have. I hope for the best for the two of you.

Daniel Barenboim

Here is my family!:

Gil
    Aggressive
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Sync: 70%

The battle was coming to close until Rod and Zen felt energy eminating from someone, it was Meril and Moir. They felt stronger and more confident after that but they knew Dizzy would try to attack them.
    " Dizzy, you won't beat us." Rod said taking over for Zen, " We'll show you true power!"
    " Bring it! I'll decide this fight with one strike!" Dizzy said storing energy in his right hand, " With this blow, I'll seal your fate!"
    Rod sat on the ground and started to meditate storing energy within his own body. The opposing energies clashed and began to cut the both of them over their whole body. Dizzy finished storing energy and shot a dark ball with a red swirl within it at Rod and Zen. They still sat there meditating storing energy within their body waiting for the oncoming attack. It connected but changed from black with a red swirl to a blue ball with a yellow swirl within it.
    " How is that possible!" Dizzy said shocked, " Only Ozman knows that move!"
    " You thought wrong Dizzy." Rod said controlling the blast, " Take this, Chaos Conversion Blast!"
    The ball of energyshot back at Dizzy two times stronger than at first. It connected and exploded on impact. After returning the attack, it Rod and Zen tired causing their sync to fade, reverting them back to their original states.
    Rod and Zen's Sync: 0%
    " You....thought.....that attack.....was going to....finish me?" Dizzy said holding his left shoulder, " I'll kill you with this!"
    Dizzy was charging another blast until he felt the real damage of their attack. Dizzy faded away and Ozman reappeared breathing hard. He smiled and staggered to get up, he walked toward Rod and Zen and bowed before them.
    " You have completed the test, I'm proud of you both." Ozman falling backwards, " When I wake up, I'll teach you boys something else..."
    Rod walked over to Meril and gave her a hug and a kiss.
    " Thank you, Meril, if you didn't help me when you did I would have failed." Rod said with a grin, " Thank you too Moir."
    Rod sat on the ground and leaned on a tree trying to rest. His eyes closed and he drifted off to sleep.
    " Zen do you have enough strength to get all of us somewhere else?" Rod asked drowsily.
    " Yes, but give me some time to rest first." Zen said fading away, " It looks like you protected us this time, Meril and Moir, and for that I thank you."
    Rod looked at Meril and gave a smile before he unintentionally fell asleep.

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Meril could see that Rod and Zen won the battle. Moir jumped for joy while giggling.

"They did it!" She was overjoyed to see that there faith had gotten to them to win the battle. Meril had received a hug and kiss from Rod.

" Thank you, Meril, if you didn't help me when you did I would have failed. Thank you too Moir." Meril and Moir looked at one another and grinned. At the same time, they spoke.

"Your welcome." Meril could see that Rod was sleepy until he fell asleep. Moir looked at Meril and then at Zen.

"I am not transporting those two. There is no way I am going to carry one of them when I am so small." Meril had an evil grin upon her face.

"We'll bring them to my place where they can rest well." Moir looked at Meril suspiciously.

"You are so bad!"
    She replied while hitting her shoulder.
    "That's not....not even...." Meril began to blush intensely. Then, she pointed at Moir.

"You have a dirty mind for even thinking that way." Moir chuckled and sighed.

"What do you expect? I am a ghost after all. We are the all knowing and the all seeing."
    Meril shook her head from side to side and thought about how she would get the two boys home.

Daniel Barenboim

Here is my family!:

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Melinda suddenly entered the room, and Piers could only infer from her remarks that she had indeed had another vision. Or was she bluffing? Melinda was often crafty, but for her to state (seemingly correctly, as Nerisa’s anger almost verified Melinda’s identification of her as an editor) with certainty that Nerisa was an editor of the paper, it was much more plausible that Melinda had experienced another vision. Strangely enough, it seemed that Mark was communicating with Melinda through these visions.

Piers laughed a bit, his laughter mixed with a touch of guile. “Is this true, Nerisa? If so, why couldn’t you tell me you were an editor? I would’ve still fed you the info. I’ve got nothing to hide.”

Hopefully, Melinda’s input had gotten Nerisa’s attention off of his injury. Piers still regretted the mistake in letting out that bit of info, as he only realized after the fact that the burn injury linked him to the scene of the hospital incident. He might be able to admit his presence without raising any more suspicion; it would be better than denying his presence at the hospital during the attack, as others had seen him enter the bottom floor. If Nerisa had witnesses, their testimonies and his injury would be evidence of his lie. His only alternative was to tell the truth. And to do that, he would wrap it in his story.

“Nerisa, perhaps you weren’t completely open with us, but I’ll still be open with you,” he continued, trying to sound genuine. He had given her too much info, true; but she had been slightly caught in a lie over being a simple “columnist”, and it was a bit of leverage that he wished to point out audibly.

“As Melinda said, we have to leave soon. And, to answer your question about Mark…well, it wouldn’t be too hard for him to find out much about a ‘Nerisa’ working at the town paper, would it? I mean, what’s the likelihood of someone else having your name?”

Piers was bluffing, of course. Just because she had a unique name did not mean that her profile was easly accessible. Yet, to Nerisa, Mark was a blank slate. Piers could craft his image any way he wanted to, and he wanted to make him sound as average as possible. If Mark sounded too lofty and crafty, it would probably only make Nerisa want to investigate Piers (and possibly even Melinda) all the more.

“Now, as I said…I’ll still be open with you. Let’s try ‘openness’ as a new policy between us, shall we?”

Personally, Piers didn’t like his own condescending tone; yet, it was human nature to trust someone who sounded confident. And Piers was certainly banking on his false smugness to emanate a sense of genuine confidence.

“SuraCorp…so, it seems you know about them. Then perhaps you know about their latest sleep-inducing drug, ‘Somnia’? Turns out the FDA didn’t realize how habit-forming the drug was…”

That much was absolutely true. SuraCorp’s crowning glory of a drug was Somnia, and it was truly a strong drug; users had no trouble getting to sleep after using just one pill about half an hour before going to bed. Yet, the drug was much more habit-forming than the FDA initially knew, as dependency usually developed after a month of taking the drug daily. Many senior citizens became dependent on the drug to sleep full nights, and no medical financial aid covered the drug. Some senior citizens were so dependent on the drug that they sold things extremely precious to them (and, in some cases, necessary, such as mortgages on homes) just to get short-term supplies of the drug. Though many outside of the senior citizen age bracket suffered from dependency on Somnia as well, the senior citizens suffered most in terms of financial hardship due to money spent on the drug.

It had everything to do with Piers hating SuraCorp. Thus, he was happy to send a nosey and unusually capable editor to harass them and threaten the company’s Public Relations department. It was the least he could do to show his “thanks” to SuraCorp. Thus, he began to weave lies (with plenty of details that make lies seem all the more plausible) into his tale concerning SuraCorp’s miracle drug, Somnia.

“Well,” he continued, “another side-effect of the drug concerns hallucinations. Some patients have been reported to lash out with physical violence at loved ones. Others have become uncharacteristically cruel in terms of speech. In the most extreme cases…and also recent ones…some have set fires in their hospital rooms…”

Piers stopped to peer into Nerisa’s eyes for a brief second, attempting to communicate that there was something to be read between the lines at the moment. Just to ensure that she was getting that fact, he added softly, “I saw the latter with my own eyes in the Psych ward…”

And it was done. He had admitted his presence in the Psych ward (hoping to curb suspicion and make up for his leak of info concerning his injury), contradicted the rumor that an attack from an outsider took place at all (as he was an “eye-witness” who saw the damage done by a patient, and was thus to be trusted on the matter), and had given Nerisa a trail to follow that would lead her away from the town and out of harm’s way. If she snooped around enough and actually found some of the roots of the strange phenomena occurring lately, she would possibly find herself face to face with a nightmare. Literally. Sending her outside of the city would only ensure her protection while the Guardians sorted things out. Then, when the dust settled, Piers could deal with her wrath over the dead-end info that led her to SuraCorp.

Would it all work according to this plan? Probably not. Nerisa seemed much too thoughtful to take everything in wholesale. But, if she bought most of it, Piers would be satisfied. Just to add a bit of credibility to his words, he walked over to Landy’s Kitchen, retrieved a pencil off the counter, walked back into the room and wrote on a piece of paper on the coffee table his cell number. Though it was a token gesture to increase his credibility, he also had plans for a future talk with Nerisa. After all, he had been able to get nothing out of Tallon concerning the strange “additions” to the paper recently…and he now knew Nerisa was an editor. He was considered to be a “source” of info of sorts for her, but Piers believed that soon she would be fulfilling that role for him. He finished and handed the slip of paper to her.

“My cell.”

He looked back over to Landy. “I want to stay ‘til she recovers, but…you heard the first lady, right? So, will you stay with her?”

Piers didn’t wait for her to answer, hoping she would feel obligated to stay with Landy. Piers felt assured she would be okay, or else he wouldn’t be able to leave. Nevertheless, he was still a bit worried about his friend on the couch, and nervous about the reality of her vicious nightmare, Sigataph.

“Melinda, shall we go?” he said with false assurance that their job was finished at Landy’s apartment. He began walking towards the door and turned all of a sudden to Nerisa, saying quickly and quietly, “Remember…keep me anonymous.”

Piers opened the door to leave, stepped out, began to shut the door, and suddenly saw a crouching figure behind the closing door.

It was Ikazuchi.

Piers quickly shut the door and crouched near him. "My turn to help you out, Ika. I owe you one, remember?" he said almost under his breath. The last thing he needed was for Nerisa to link him to someone else, so he quickly picked Ika up using a fireman's carry and cautiously, and with some difficulty, walked down the stairwell to his car. "Guh...you're not as light as you look, Ika," he joked between grunts.

He sat him down near his car, opened it, and let him sprawl out in the back seat, hoping he was somewhat comfortable. Just then, Melinda came out.
    Last edited by Cross Avantgarde; 12-18-2009 at 12:34 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information