AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 96 FirstFirst ... 13 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 33 73 ... LastLast

Thread: RPG: Nightmare Hunt (A Supernatural/Mystery RPG)

Senior Member Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Silver Ribbon Four Leaf Clover Teal Ribbon
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2019 02:20 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aspirantgarde

Role: Guardian
    Items: Guardian radio, cell phone

OOC: If anyone wants to picture the “dome” toy I’m describing, I’m taking this image straight out of FFVII (Cloud and Aeris’s first date). Actually, the setting and events are similar in more ways than one, intentionally.

BIC: “Really?” Piers asked, smiling with surprise. “Alright, Venus it is.” He looked around for a good vantage point void of as many trees as possible. He spotted a large dome with a smiling face molded into the side of it that served as a toy for children to crawl under.

“Over here, Glaiza.”

He used his right arm (his unwounded arm) to reach over and lightly take her hand, leading her to the plastic dome. “Oh boy…how do I climb on this thing without hurting myself?” he thought. Surprisingly, it wasn’t very hard for him to climb up as he placed his right foot on a part of the molded face and used his right hand to grasp the protruding “ear” atop the dome that framed the face of the toy.

It was easier than expected, but as he reached down to help Glaiza up, he was certain he’d have to move more than he wanted and the pain would surely follow. He planted his right foot on one “ear,” his left on the other, and reached down with his right hand to help her climb up beside him, not because she couldn’t do it for herself, but because this is what gentlemen do on dates…at least, that was Piers’s assumption.

As expected, he had to move a bit more this time and pain from the burns seared for a moment; yet, it was quickly over, and suddenly Glaiza was right beside him. For a moment, seeing Glaiza sitting beside him, he forgot what he was there for, forgot everything but her.

He tried to play this off. “Just thinking about where Venus is tonight…okay, got it,” he said in a low voice, raising his eyes to the heavens.

“Alright, Glaiza, contrary to popular belief, the brightest star in the sky is not the Northern Star…Polaris, that is…nor is it Sirius. Actually, the brightest thing in the night sky besides the moon is Venus…when she’s out. When she appears in the morning, she’s known as the ‘morning star,’ because she does resemble a star. She is almost white, and is a bit bigger than the visible stars appear. She’s out right now, as the brightest objects appear first. So…just look for the brightest thing you can see…”

Piers spotted Venus after he was done speaking, the same object he’d observed with fascination since childhood. He remembered asking his mother before she died, “Mommy, God’s big, right?”

“Yes, Piers,” she would always reply, perpetually patient.

“So, God’s on Venus, TOO?!”

“Yes, Piers.”

That boggled his mind. It still did. It was only during his later teenage years that he lost that wonder and things more dear to him…and more essential…only to regain them later.

And she…she was dear to him, too. Glaiza. Glaiza Zhantal. He had to ask her questions, questions concerning what Jace had said about a nightmare at Teaberry…though he could never come out and say it clearly. He’d have to ask if any newcomers were frequenting the shop. And then…the threat from Jace. He’d have to speak with her, once again quite indirectly, about keeping a closer eye on her for her own safety and…how would he ever be able to say that without scaring her?

But not now. He wasn’t thinking about that now. And though Venus had caught his attention so often as a child, something else had captivated him tonight.

Crazy Personified janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Gifts Ouran Patch Manekineko
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-30-2011 09:55 AM
    Threads

Role: Unrevealed
    Items: Cellphone

GLAIZA'S POV

“Really? Alright, Venus it is.”

Seeing his face light up like that, immediately washed away all my worries. I knew that they would come back after tonight, but right now, right this moment, it didn't matter.

“Over here, Glaiza.”

He helped me up at the dome and we sat there looking up at the stars.

“Alright, Glaiza, contrary to popular belief, the brightest star in the sky is not the Northern Star…Polaris, that is…nor is it Sirius. Actually, the brightest thing in the night sky besides the moon is Venus…when she’s out. When she appears in the morning, she’s known as the ‘morning star,’ because she does resemble a star. She is almost white, and is a bit bigger than the visible stars appear. She’s out right now, as the brightest objects appear first. So…just look for the brightest thing you can see…”

He was as if he was a little kid again. Showing me the beauty of the skies. Something that I haven't been able to enjoy a long while because I've avoided remaining awake at night for so long a space of time. What with the night containing all of the things that I fear, it's hard to find the time to look up and enjoy the star-filled sky.

As I sat there on that dome, I don't seem to feel the constricting pain that grabs at my heart whenever the night comes.

"I haven't been anything positive in such a long time" I quietly spill out from my lips, then wondering immediately if he heard me.

I turn to face him, and smile.

"It's beautiful, thank you."

SEAN'S POV

She feels more secure around him???

He is an injured Guardian, and I'm my perfect self?

Something is seriously not right with this picture.

Not that I care or anything. She is after all just my host. Yes, just my host. Something I can discard when I become a complete nightmare.

Just a host.

Yeah.
    ---
    "They called me mad, I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me." -Nathaniel Lee
    ---

---
    Being crazy only means I'm smarter than you
    ---

Senior Member Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Items: Cell phone, Guardian radio, CCTV tape

What was that? What had she said? Was it really what Piers thought he heard? If so, what was the cause of this unhappiness? Of course, recent events…the murder of Teaberry’s owner, that is…explained it all, but Glaiza had said “in such a long time.” The murder was recent. What did she mean? Had Piers heard her correctly? He was concentrating on her as she said it, and he was almost positive he’d heard right, but questioning her directly would be discourteous.

Piers turned a bit, scooting to the left to face her better. As he did so, he moved his right hand further out to support the turn, and it stopped right beside her left hand, barely touching it. He remembered the words of one famous author who described a princess’s hand as “silver soft.” How could a noun such as “silver” be transformed to an adjective? He now knew. Her touch, however accidental, was surely “silver soft,” unreal in a way, and he paused for a moment with the pleasant realization.

“Don’t mention it, Glaiza…” he said in response to her thanks.

“You know,” he began, trying to indirectly hint at her previous remark that she had uttered sotto voce, “we’ve spoken a lot before, but never for a long time…in fact, I don’t know much about you. Besides recent events…and I haven’t forgotten what you’ve been through, Glaiza…tell me about yourself. You know, wherever you want to begin,” he said, as if giving a biography was no big deal at all.

She was still wearing the bracelet. Piers felt guilty for all the secrecy, but it couldn’t be helped. Perhaps one day he could tell her more; he surely wanted to. Yet, for now, it was her moment, and he was glad to be caught up in it.

Planeswalker Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Playing Cards
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-19-2013 11:31 AM
    Threads

Jace
    Role: Vagrant
    Items: N/A

Jace trembled. The night was cold and he was still in pain. He limped vainly with Thanatos as his only support. The cold hard ground below him seemed to almost laugh at him. It was dark in the slums, even with the light of the moon and stars. Small flickers of light could be seen in a run down rubble ever now and then. The feint flash of a light some one had aquired to use. The low mumble of children in pain from a lack of food and the comfiting whispers of the parents who watched over them were the only sounds now. Yet no one could be seen. The slum dwellers knew the dangers of not being hidden while in this place. But some took risks. But when your life was only this place, the only thing one could do was take risks until they finally failed. Life was harsh for them that had to live here.

Jace stumbled for a moment and fell to the floor. He hit the ground hard and the impact caused Thanatos to shatter away. With no energy left he couldn't keep even contact with him. The pain that shot up him then caused him to scream out loud. Silence followed the scream as the slums went quiet. People knew what happened to those who made too much noise. Jace found no surprise when a flash light illuminated the dark and stopped over him.

"Well, well, look what we 'av 'ere Tank." Said some voice.

Shadows appeared over Jace. He struggled to look up. As he did he saw just three figures wrapped in coats and various odd items. One held the flash light, the other two wooden planks. They had each had several tattoos on there faces. They all seemed from a different family but the grin they held was very similar.

"What the 'ell is up with this one?" One said as he kicked Jace in the side.
    "I wudn't touch 'im Nails. Looks like he is infected with someit." Another replied.
    "You always say something is infected Squatter" Nails replied.
    "Quiet you two." The third added. "Don't you recognise who this is?" Tank commanded.
    "Eh?" Nails lifted Jaces head with plank. "I don't beleive it. It 'im. That freak who killed your bro Tank." Jace could hear laughed from Squatter.
    "He don't look so tough right now." He leaned closer to Jace, "Where is your big show freak boy? Where's your fancy blade 'n magic skills? Eh?" He kicked Jace in the face. Blood trickled down his nose. Jace spat some from his mouth.

Suddenly one of the planks hit his across the leg and he winched inwards in pain.
    "Ha. Look at him squirm. I'd luv to meet the guy who did this to 'im." The plank hit him again. Jace fought the urge to scream in pain.
    "He does say much when he ain't on top does he?"
    "We should kill him now." Nails licked his lips. "Revenge for what he did to stamper."
    "He isn't worth it." Tank said.
    "What you mean boss? He killed your bro. Stamper was best, was special too. with his pet 'a all." Nails kciked Jace in the side.
    "Look at 'im. He is broke. He die by sunrise. Not worth the time." Tank sounded dissapointed. "As much as I would have loved to be the one to break him it just ain't worth it now. Let gar you too."

Jace felt a few more kicks impact him before everything went dark again and he was alone. Blood wept from his face and he felt like someelse had broken in his cheast. he coughed hard and more blood splattered out. He lay wthere in the dark curling up slightly. He feeling of weakness wouldn't leave him and with all his might he rejected that it was tears that flowed down his face. The wind blew again making a cold, haunting whistling noise. The sound of Jaces sobs and tears carried on it for a moment.
    "I don't need to have the perfect plan. My foe just has to have an imperfect one." Jace Beleren

"Why fight the body when you can dominate the mind that rules it?" Jace Beleren

SOS Brigade Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Cheshire Cat Be Mine 312 - Minun
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2023 08:47 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Meril had completely dozed off on the park bench and as she woke, she realized that it was night. She jolted from the bench and looked around noticing that Moir was nowhere to be found. Meril began to panic but stopped short as Moir was right beside her.

"No need to panic. Everything is fine but we should get going here fast. I think there is someone over there who seems dangerous. He doesn't have a pleasant aura to me. Let's sneak this way to remain hidden." Moir pointed towards a few trees that could hide Meril as they would escape.

"I hope we don't get seen." Meril rushed towards the trees and tripped on the tree's roots, letting out a loud scream before falling.

"You would be a very terrible ninja." Moir snickered at Meril while giggling at her fall. Meril stood up and brushed the dirt off her clothes.

"Nevermind that!" Meril bolted out of the trees to escape the park.
    Last edited by Infinita; 10-07-2009 at 03:39 PM.

Every great work of art has two faces, one toward its own time and one toward the future, toward eternity.
    Daniel Barenboim

Here is my family!:
    lilminx: My awesome big sister!
    *Tsuki*: Awesome lil sister!
    Teddy2116:Cool big bro!
    Hikaru_Hitachiin: Cool older Brother!
    kirei-chan: Awesomo big sister!
    Serpentarius: Brother in law!

Crazy Personified janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

GLAIZA'S POV

Did he just... touch my hand?

That... was...

"Disgusting right? Slap him is what you must do right?"

"No. It was nice, Sean."

It was nice even though it was for a short while.

“Don’t mention it, Glaiza…”

As I continued to play with the bracelet that Dr. Piers gave me, he asks me about my life, as if giving a biography was no big deal at all. I guess it would be no big deal at all if my life was something as simple as a short story, one that can be summarized in simple sentences.

"But pumpkin, you can summarize it one simple sentence. Glaiza Zhantal is one unlucky being surrounded by deaths of those who end up loving her."

"Glaiza Zhantal is one unlucky being surrounded by deaths of those who end up loving her.."

It was already too late when I realized I repeated Sean's sentence... out loud.

SEAN'S POV

Run, Guardian, from the bad luck that contains the both of us.

Run, because the minute that you do, is the minute I'm allowed to kill you.

So, run.
    ---
    "They called me mad, I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me." -Nathaniel Lee
    ---

---
    ---

Senior Member Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Green Tea
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-08-2012 09:42 AM
    Threads

Items: None
    Sync: 20%

"I'm no puppy, woman, and my name is Zen." Zen said as the woman began grow scales, "Fighters must know each other's names when they fight."

"But I thought you didn't fight women," Seda said, pouring on the sarcasm. "The name's Seda. And you're acting awfully violent for a name like Zen," she added and stood up on the branch to survey the fight better. When the Nightmare leaped into the trees, Seda felt panic rising inside her and tried to suppress it. "Deep breaths, girl. Deep breaths."

A howl pierced the air and she saw a creature coming straight at Vidar. His wolf form told her it was the one from before. But this was different. Before the creature made contact with her snake, she saw his blood-red eyes and long claws and felt a shiver go down her spine. The scene in front of her looked like it had been torn from a reel of horror film. When Vidar was slammed back by the wolf, Seda felt the wind being knocked out of her as well and she fell into a sitting position again, clutching the branch to keep herself from falling off.

"You say I haven't seen nothin yet? Well, now you see my real form." Zen said pointing to the woman, "I know another nightmare is coming and I want to finish this quick so I can handle him, so come down and face me!"
    Zen unleashed a full sonic scream at the woman that was so loud Rod heard it. Zen knew he must take control of the battle if he wants to get even wiser and stronger than before.

Her retort died in her throat once she heard that eardrum-splitting noise, its sound waves so strong that she felt as if they were actually hitting her physically. "Aah, dammit!" she screamed, clapping her hands over her ears and shutting her eyes tight. The sound was messing with her head, making her confused and dizzy for a few seconds. Those few seconds were enough to make her lose her balance and fall out of the tree, landing on an equally confused and dizzy Vidar.

The noise was still ringing in her ears as she tried to stand up, hissing as she put weight on her left arm. If she did not recover quickly, she and Vidar would be left wide open for the wolf. "Where the hell is King?!" she mentally screamed over the ringing in her ears.

Not knowing where I'm going; but I know where I've been...

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Items: Cell phone, Guardian radio, CCTV tape

It didn’t take long for Glaiza to answer, surprisingly. Her answer was even more surprising, and even shocking.

Piers didn’t say anything right after she spoke. He lifted his right hand slowly and brushed the hair from in front of his right eye, looking directly into Glaiza’s eyes.

Though the info shocked him because it came from Glaiza, the usually chipper, bright, cheery girl that he’d always associated with positive feelings, he had heard things like this before in his role as a psychologist. People who experience trauma sometimes feared that the trauma will be repeated, if not on them, than on loved ones. This seemed to be the case with Glaiza, but the question remained…what was the initial trauma Glaiza experienced?

Piers pulled his right leg up a bit, bending it and placing his foot flat down as he reclined on the dome, keeping his left leg extended and as immobile as possible. He looked over briefly, thinking he’d heard a cry of some sort from the woods, and the sound of something scampering away quickly followed. There was nothing there now, and it seemed to have been an animal. He looked back into Glaiza’s eyes. Then, calmly, he asked,

“Glaiza, I can tell something happened. And I truly want to know about it. Do you think you can tell me?”

He wanted to hold her hand to give her some semblance of assurance, but cowardice was keeping him from acting. He waited, unmoving, sincerely wanting to know what had brought darkness into the life of someone who had always seemed so pleasantly cheerful.

The lazy demon kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-06-2014 11:30 PM
    Threads

Items: Cell phone

Duo took the punch with a smile (No, duh). As the fist collided he braced himself for the impact. "If this is what a vagrant's strength is like now-a-day's

I wonder was I that weak then." Duo said to the man. He grabbed the man's hand with one of his and punced towards the ribs of the side he swung

with. "You need more practice, I've been doing this for years." Duo said jumping back. "I'll teach you something."

King

When Seda hit the ground King too off into a sprint. He jumped in between the three and threw one of his transparent shields infront of Seda. "This will

mask some of the sound...."
    King said in a loud but wispy voice. The sound wasn't effecting him because of the two small shields over his ears. "Come

boy, I'll show you a fun time.."

I MADE IT.

Quotes: To be a man you must have honor and a penis (Shin-chan)

The Fallen Wanderer The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-21-2012 01:07 PM
    Threads

Rod felt the smiling man grab his hand and aim for his ribs. Rod braced himself for impact as the punch connected with his ribs. If he hadn't braced himself, he would've been on the ground but due to his training he was able to prevent most of the damage from taking it's toll.
    " Nice punch for a smiling freak." Rod said grabbing his hand from his ribs.

"If this is what a vagrant's strength is like now-a-day's

I wonder was I that weak then."

" I'm not weak, It's just you're not worth it." Rod said with a smile.

"You need more practice, I've been doing this for years." Duo said jumping back. "I'll teach you something."

" Oh really? Then teach me sensei." Rod said with sarcasm.
    Rod jumped back and lowered his guard and waited for the man to attack.
    Out of the corner of his eye he could've sworn he'd seen Meril run past them unaware of them fighting.
    " Must have been my imagination." Rod thought.

Zen

Zen was about to strike until a jester appeared and saved Seda from falling.
    " Who are you and why are you here?" Zen asked pointing to the jester.

"Come boy, I'll show you a fun time."

" Oh yeah, well then if it's a fight you want then that's what you'll get!" Zen said rushing the jester, " Show me everything you have!"
    Last edited by The Rogue Devil; 10-08-2009 at 10:08 PM.

Trusting a person is giving someone the ability to destroy you, but at the same time being confident the he/she won't.......

Project Chaos link below.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5CyAAMyFKE

Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

GLAIZA'S POV

“Glaiza, I can tell something happened. And I truly want to know about it. Do you think you can tell me?”

"Yes, pumpkin, why don't you tell him everything that happened to you, and then it'll just bring the shadows that killed your family upon him as well. Do you really want that, love?" Sean's voice sounds different. There was no longer a hint of humor in his voice. Listening speak like this... scares me.

"It's not going to happen to him. Stop saying that he'll die because he won't" I argue silently with Sean.

"Just like your boss couldn't die?"

Boss.

I can't tell him. I can't tell him what's going on. I can't tell him a single thing about my past because not only will he want to run away from me, he's probably going to die, and then what?

"You like him, I can tell. Do you really want him dead?"

No, I don't.

"It's nothing, just remembering some stuff, you know about how my parent's died. It was nothing, let's not dwell on those depressing things, let's just continue looking at the stars," I finally say to Dr. Piers, faking a happy tone

"Now squeeze his hand to make him believe you,"

Squeeze? I don't think I have the courage to do that so instead I point to some random shiny thing in the sky and say,

"What's that up there?"

He's only a doctor of sorts, he won't be able to protect himself from the shadows. No one can save anyone from the shadows. I shiver slightly, trying to shake the sudden chill that I feel.

SEAN'S POV

Good girl.
    Last edited by janajee; 10-09-2009 at 02:07 AM.
    ---
    ---

---
    ---

Dark catgirl artist Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa's Avatar
    Gil
    Sneaky
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-16-2013 01:38 PM
    i am usealy lurking somewhere or being sneaky. use the pm button if you wish to reach me.
    Threads

Role: watcher
    Items: tracking bracelet

Seein that the fight went to a place where she would be seen. melinda, moved into the park. she had to wait until the fight was over and then follow the boy or his wolf. she wheezed lightly 'i should have brought a inhaler' she blinked when she thought she heard pierce his voice 'what is he diong here', she stood in the shadow of a tree when she saw it wasent pierce it was just some guy and a girl.when she wanted to leave she stepped on a dead branch and the creck ringed through the air. The male turned around "who is there! show yourself!"Melinda moved herself in the streetlight with her hand in the air "i'm harmless, i though you were someone else and when i saw you were not i wanted to leave you in peace". the male glared "ya right thats why you were sneaking"his girl pulled his arm "leave her ger look at her does she look like she can someone rob or something she looks like she barely breath on her own". The whole ordeal was stressing and melinda's weezing had picked up again. she coughed "i.. wil leave you know" she turned and jogged away.

Residential Street

Outside the park she rested her hands on her knee's and panted 'now i understand why it's not safe in parks at night' she groaned what was she thinking, running off on her own. she sat on a bench to decide her next action, she could look for seda or duo and show herself. she frowned 'no that is no option, there fighting last thing they need is to worry about my safety" she tryed to think off other things when she felt her eyes closed 'i am not gonna sleep...just gonna..rest my..eyes...for a bit' she curled up a bit and fell asleep.
    Last edited by Nespa; 10-09-2009 at 01:26 PM.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

pm me for a free avatar or signature

Nespa's advise for newbie's: don't add someone's msn adress without asking them.
    my sigworks sig sets my wallpapers

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

OOC: My post may seem inconsistent with Nespa's, but this is only due to plot development. We'll clear it up the confusion soon, and this is not a mistake on either Nespa's or Janajee's part, so please allow the fingers to point at me.

BIC:
    Items: Cell phone, CCTV tape, Guardian radio

Piers remembered what Glaiza had told him about the incident with her family...he especially remembered the part about Xedo; it still troubled him, but he couldn't press the subject further. It was obvious that it had affected Glaiza to a large degree, and there was no reason to probe further. Empathetic feelings sprang up in him, and he wanted to tell her about the loss of his mother when he was a teenager, but it seemed forced, awkward. Besides, she had his mind on the heavens again soon enough.

“I understand, Glaiza, trust me. We don’t have to dwell on it.”

He looked up to the star she was pointing at, and, when he finally was satisfied that he was looking at the same star she was pointing at, he said, “That one? The bluish-white one? Hmm…I think that’s Vega. I’m not totally certain, though.”

When he looked back over at her, it seemed that she was shivering. Though he was surely a novice at courting, it didn’t take him long to deduce what a gentleman should do in this situation. He took the CCTV security tape out of the inner pocket of his jacket and placed it in his pants pocket. Though smaller than normal VHS tapes, it still felt a bit awkward there. He then took his right arm out of his jacket, but had to work a bit taking his left arm out, the movement stirring up the painful burns on his arm. Jace’s cut also ached at this time, the pain usually being drowned out by the more painful burns. When he finally got his arm free, wincing all the while, he then draped the large jacket over Glaiza’s shoulders.

“It’s getting cold out here,” is all he said as he placed the jacket over her shoulders and drew the opened sides up as close together as possible around her. His right arm was placed around her as he did so, and he truly wanted to keep it there, but he didn’t have the nerve to do so.

Annoyed by his own cowardice, he returned to the previous, stellar subject. “You might have noticed that Vega…if that is Vega…twinkles an awful lot. It’s only because she is close to the horizon. As she ascends, she’ll twinkle less and less. There’s more atmosphere to peer through at the horizon, and it distorts our vision. Stars don’t twinkle at all, but the atmosphere makes them appear to.”

“She probably already knows this, you dork,” he thought to himself. “Alright, time to kill some of this cowardice…”

“Glaiza,” he said out loud, “I wanted to see you tonight because…”

Well, it was a start. It seemed easy at first, but the words became harder to say. And why? Karn had joked around Glaiza that Piers liked her, so what was the big deal in admitting it? He had already started his sentence, so he had to finish it…and this logic forced the next words through his lips.

“…well, because I like you. A lot. And…”

How was she taking this? He worried about that for a second, but then continued, realizing the pause was awkward in itself.

“…and I want to know you better.”

There. That was the hardest part, it seemed. But, was this how the first date was supposed to go? Or did one usually express feelings of interest before the first date? Piers was sure he was making rookie mistakes all across the board, and that realization gave him the angst to say what was really on his mind. His voice became more confidant as he truly began to express his thoughts to her.

“Glaiza, this world is crazy. It’s mad, truly mad. But there is Truth out there, and there is beauty. I’ve found the Truth, but I’d like to have the beauty, too. So…”

Here he gently reached down to take her left hand, holding it in his right with her fingers in his palm and his thumb atop her knuckles. “So…” he continued, “I’m pursuing this beauty. Is my pursuit in vain, Glaiza?”

It seemed that time had refused to flow as his anxiety mounted. He wasn’t supposed to say all that, right? If not, when did one usually express their true feelings? Certain he’d made every possible mistake, he thought, in the coldest tone, “DeFoe, even if you’re not a total coward…you’re an idiot.”
    Last edited by Cross Avantgarde; 10-10-2009 at 09:21 AM. Reason: Left out some info; J saved the day, however!

Senior Member Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-21-2010 05:14 PM
    Threads

Items: Sword handle

Looking over at the man he thought to himself." i have to finish this quickly." Ikazuchi runs at the man tackling him and restraining him. " ha got you now."" so you think." The man quickly wiggles his way out and runs off into the darking sky. " hmph got away." He looked at the old man then knelt down and helped him up." are you alright old man?" The old man wearily looked at ikazuchi." yes thank you so much young man." The old man smiled." I have a favor to ask can you escort me to the slums? I wish to not be attacked again." I should be chasing after that man.. but... He thought to himself quickly." yes i'll help you get to the slums." They started walking through the park. toward the slums.
    Last edited by Keisai; 10-09-2009 at 12:22 PM.

Never Give In, Never Give up.

Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

GLAIZA'S POV

“I understand, Glaiza, trust me. We don’t have to dwell on it.”

Glad that he no longer seemed focused on my past, I look up at the stars again. Though still remembering the words of Sean in my mind about Dr. Piers, I continued to shiver at the chill of my nightmare's voice.

I was surprised as Dr. Piers drapes his jacket around me, obviously thinking I was cold, and even though it's mostly psychological, his warm jacket makes the chill go away. Funny, how he makes some of my fears go away.

He talks about the stars again and I find out that the random star that I pointed was named Vega, and that she's near the horizon... and listening to him was enough. Listening to him has always been enough.

“Glaiza,” he said out loud, “I wanted to see you tonight because…”

Suddenly though, he stopped talking about the stars, and for a minute I was afraid that I would have to lie to him again about my past...

“…well, because I like you. A lot. And…”

Like... By that, does he mean like as in...

“…and I want to know you better.”

Friendship like? Like bestfriends sort of like... Or, maybe...

“Glaiza, this world is crazy. It’s mad, truly mad. But there is Truth out there, and there is beauty. I’ve found the Truth, but I’d like to have the beauty, too. So…”

Then he holds my hand, and slowly I realize...

“So…” he continued, “I’m pursuing this beauty. Is my pursuit in vain, Glaiza?”

That it's that kind of like.

"Urgh. I can't believe this! Let me strangle him, please, let me strangle him! When I get my hands on him, I'm going to... urgh! How cheesy can one get?!"

"Shut up, Sean! Let me think!" I mentally scream at him as rants about what I'm supposed to do. But what am I supposed to do? What should I do? WHAT SHOULD I DO?

I mean I obviously like him back. I'm not as stupid as to not know that but, what am I supposed to do?

"Why yes, you can pursue me Doctor" I say as I wink.

No way. I would sound like an idiot if I say that.

"Oh, only if you're sure you want to marry me..." I say with a humble lowering of the head.

Uh... no, I sound like some sort of spinster or something...

"Tell him, you want to be a nun, and that you're not considering any kind of relationship with anyone at all!"

"I don't want to be a nun!" I say to Sean... unfortunately too late to realize that I said that little fact out loud, in front of Dr. Piers.

Oh. My. Gosh.

Dr. Piers just said something in the most romantic way, and what do I say in response? I declare my non-desire to be a nun.

I laugh nervously, avoiding to look at Dr. Piers eyes. He is going to take it back. I just know it. He's going to write me off as crazy and run away as fast as he can from me, and I would never see him again in the shop, and... and... WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH ME?! I think as the blood rush to my face.

SEAN'S POV

I don't want to be a nun?

Who says that in a romantic scene? WAHAHA.

This is priceless. I should have had some sort of video to capture this moment or something. Completely and seriously hilarious.
    ---
    ---

---
    ---

Senior Member Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Items: Sword handle

As The old man and Ikazuchi reach the slums. Ikazuchi spots a man laying face first in the ground." Old Man.... This is as far as i can escort you. I hope you make it the rest of the way safely..." The Old man nods and walks away leaving the whispers of the dark and Ika and this man alone." hey.... are you okay?" Ika asked in a hush tone." I wouldn't do it Man. His Aura is Different, I think this is one of the nightmares your looking for." " What do you know Kage... You spew things all the time..." This time Ikazuchi shut his voice out. as he asked one more time to the man laying on the ground. " Hey man are you okay?..." he said as he carefully rolled the man over and sat him up against the wall.

Senior Member Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Green Tea
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-08-2012 09:42 AM
    Threads

Items: None
    Sync: 20%

"This will mask some of the sound...."

The words reached her ears right after the noise seemed to fade. Seda opened her eyes, ears still ringing a little and looked at the jester. "And here I thought you could only do card tricks," she told him, chuckling and pulling herself to her feet. She knelt down next to her snake, who was still lying on the ground because of the combined effect of the sound and of not being used to moving in a heavy body.

"You alright down there, Vid," she asked him, patting the top of his head. Because of his changed appearance, Seda had been scared of him for a second. But she realized that this was still her snake and he would not do anything to actually hurt her.

He hissed, his tongue flicking out past the rows of sharp teeth in his mouth. "Yeah, yeah. You're the indestructible Vidar," she said, the sarcasm evident in her voice. "We just have to wear him out somehow," she murmured as she watched King taunt Zen. "This is two against one... Well, three if you count me. But given the way the wolf's transform, I don't think physical attacks by a human will have much effect anymore."

When the wolf began to charge at King, Vidar attempted to raise his body and slither past the shield. But he was stopped by Seda, who kept her eyes firmly focused on the pair. "No. Let King have a few shots at him for now," she advised. "No use tiring ourselves out. We have to last longer than that beast."

Not knowing where I'm going; but I know where I've been...

Building Castles Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Ambulance
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-22-2013 01:06 AM
    Threads

Location- Landy's apartment
    Role- Feral
    Status- Early night
    Items- N/A

Landy sat down in her pajamas and began flipping through the channels aimlessly. She hardly ever watched tv and used it mostly for background noise.

She stopped on a cartoon about candy and adventure before leaning back into her art deco couch. She pulled her sketchbook into her lap and started drawing as Miss Noir curled up next to her on the couch.

Landy felt possessed. She drew and drew, not feeling like she had any control over what she was doing.

When she was done, she felt like she was snapping out of a daydream. She had filled four pages with four different pictures and each one made her heart grow a little colder.

The first was a picture of Jace, the boy from the coffee shop, the one who had been so rude. The next was of a mosterous creature she had never seen before but felt as if she recognised somewhere deep inside her.

The next was of the back of a woman in an extremely eloborate victorian gown with a beatiful figure and stately-ness that seemed to eminate from the page. The last one was the gorgeous face of a woman who's every feature seemed to be perfect and who's flaming red hair seemed to sway and glow before a cackle resounded in the apartment.

Landy jumped back, scattering her art box and sketchbook on the floor as she scrambled up the back her couch. She face of the woman stared at her from the floor, seeming to mock her as she looked.

She had never seen the woman before but the sight of her made her insides fill with dread. She quickly bent down over the edge of her couch and closed the sketchbook.

She leaned back and let out the breath she had been holding in before reaching for her mobile. She needed to talk to Dr. Piers. If she was going crazy, he needed to know.

She was about to send the text when she remembered he was on a date tonight. She snapped her phone shut without sending the message before pulling her knees up to her chest.

She buried her face in her knees, trying to keep her breathing steady as she ran through what had just happened. What if she really was going crazy? They had never found her parents so they didn't know if mental diseases ran in her family.

Maybe that was why she felt so at home in the psych ward. Maybe she was a mental case.

If that was true, she would have to be careful. Dr. Piers had said she had a nightmare- a monster- inside her that could do a lot of damage.

She would have to be sure to talk to Piers, but not till tomorrow. She would be safe for the night.

A few wounds on her legs burned as her salty tears hit them. She had never cried so much in her life but everything seemed to be building inside her at the moment and spilling over like she had no control left.

Miss Noir worriedly licked at Landy's leg as she let her emotions and thoughts spill out of her eyes and down her legs to the cheery sound of a cartoon filled with love and happiness that she wished could be floating through her apartment instead of the cold silence that seemed to meet her ears.
    samba bamba, llama momma.

need a new set, feel free to offer. :3

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Items: Guardian radio, cell phone, CCTV tape

A wide-eyed Piers turned his head slightly, thinking he’d heard Glaiza wrong. Not only had she suddenly declared her desire to refrain from becoming a nun, but she had said the sentence with an emphasis on the word “don’t,” as if she were responding to someone else.

Piers was thoroughly confused, but he saw…at least, he thought he saw…Glaiza blush. Was she having a hard time with all of this, too? Was she struggling with what to say? Maybe that’s why her “answer” sounded more like the tail end of a conversation about joining the sisterhood.

“Miss Zhantal,” Piers began, trying to employ humor to lighten up the situation, his own mood being lightened by the realization that Glaiza seemed to be struggling as much as he was to find the right words to fit this occasion, “I have to agree…I don’t want you to become a nun, either.”

He laughed, still holding her hand.

Lowering his head and looking down at the dome, he said frankly, “I guess it’s no secret that I’m out of my element here. So, I guess I’ll just stick with what I know…”

Looking back at her, he took a deep breath and resumed his sentence. “…and here’s what I know: I know that you hardly ever look sad even though I know what you told me about Xedo and what he did to your parents. I also know that you said he had a ‘nightmare,’ so you know of their existence. This puts us closer together than you think, but we can discuss that later. Some mornings you look extremely happy and bubbly, as if your horrendous past experience never happened, and your happiness has seeped into me so many times as I’ve come into the Teaberry worried over my patients’ progress, and even more worried about…other things. And…”

He took another deep breath, speaking deliberately and honestly, resuming once more. “…and I know that you twirl your pencil in your fingers when you’re waiting for a customer to order, and you sometimes shift your weight to your left foot when you’re at the cash register. Also, your hair seems to walk with you, moving with every step, and when you laugh, it moves, too. I don’t know what your perfume is, but it smells like lilacs, and when I smell that fragrance anywhere else, it reminds me of you.”

A little anxiety flared up again in his mind, seeing as how he’d pretty much laid everything on the line with his comments; she now knew how he felt, completely. But, if there was one more thing he knew, it was that all this was worth it.

“Alright, Piers,” he thought to himself, “she’ll either think you’re a stalker, or just really observant,” reflecting on his comments about all the things he’d noticed about Glaiza.

He spoke again, this fear triggering his words. “I say all that just to show you that…well, it seems I like everything about you, and nothing about your past can sway me.”

Planeswalker Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Playing Cards
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-19-2013 11:31 AM
    Threads

Jace
    Items: N/A

Jace could feel his body being moved but he couldn't open his eyes. Every part of him felt weak. Blood leaked from his nose and mouth, while bruises began to show around his neck and side. He was missing his shirt now and could feel the cold on his flesh more now. But that was what happened if you didn't defend yourself in the slums. He almost felt lucky to have his pants still. But he knew he felt pain still. His arm hadn't be held properly after being clicked back into place and the red marks around it were but a hint at how sore it was.

He felt like he was dying and it caused him more pain then the real thing. He had no connection to Thanatos leaving him feeling too human. Well as human as he could be with the blackened skin the gleaned on his arms. He couldn't move nor hear at this moment. He just needed to rest. Yea, rest felt right. He began to drift again. His mind fading. Rest would work. He slumed sidewards as he lost hold of himself again.
    "I don't need to have the perfect plan. My foe just has to have an imperfect one." Jace Beleren

"Why fight the body when you can dominate the mind that rules it?" Jace Beleren

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Items: Sword Handle/Trench coat

As ika Saw the man Slump over he checked The mans pulse" Still breathing.."

Ika Decided to throw his trench coat over the man as he noticed He had not shirt on.Ika Picked up the man carefully and slid him over his back taking him away from the slums, so he wont get attacked there again.

They made there way to the apartments as Ikazuchi reached his room, he slowly opened the door. He looked around, as bleak as ever He thought. He layed The man down on His bed, The went and grabbed the First aid kid wrapped up the man's wounds and covered him in the blanket to let him rest.

Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

“Miss Zhantal, I have to agree…I don’t want you to become a nun, either.”

He laughed, still holding my hand.

“I guess it’s no secret that I’m out of my element here. So, I guess I’ll just stick with what I know… and here’s what I know: I know that you hardly ever look sad even though I know what you told me about Xedo and what he did to your parents. I also know that you said he had a ‘nightmare,’ so you know of their existence. This puts us closer together than you think, but we can discuss that later. Some mornings you look extremely happy and bubbly, as if your horrendous past experience never happened, and your happiness has seeped into me so many times as I’ve come into the Teaberry worried over my patients’ progress, and even more worried about…other things. And… and I know that you twirl your pencil in your fingers when you’re waiting for a customer to order, and you sometimes shift your weight to your left foot when you’re at the cash register. Also, your hair seems to walk with you, moving with every step, and when you laugh, it moves, too. I don’t know what your perfume is, but it smells like lilacs, and when I smell that fragrance anywhere else, it reminds me of you.”

As he continued to describe me, or some other perfect version of me that I feel I'm seriously unworthy of, I feel my face grow increasingly and increasingly red. Somehow I don't know what I'm going to say or how I'm going to tell him everything that I feel...

But, I find the courage to do so through the warmth that he expressed through his eyes and his hand.

"Um... I'm sorry about declaring such a weird weird, nun-statement. I honestly don't know where that came from... So... Um... Well, first of all, it is lilacs, and it's my mother's favorite flower and wearing this perfume is the only way I can remember her without having to stare at her picture all the time... And I think I've got my twirling pencil thing from Xedo, who was a drummer, and he didn't get to teach me how to play drums though so he just taught me tricks... I don't even know why I'm explaining why I do that... As you can see, I have the tendency to babble when I don't know what else to do... And anyway, I was always happy when you came to visit, which is weird because you tend to make the sadness go away, which might explain the happy mood that you usually find me in... And I think I should confess something too..."

Hmmm. I think I just blasted the whole, quiet perfection image that he might have had of me. Well, I might as well finish this somewhat long-winded reply, so I take the deepest of breaths and say...

"I was watching you first."

I smile, hoping that it would be enough... that everything I said would be enough to convey that, yes I like him too.

SEAN'S POV

Urgh.

Does this mean I can't kill him?

Oh man.

This stinks.
    ---
    ---

---
    ---

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Almost sure that he had heard correctly, Piers was elated. Did she really feel the same way he did? If he presumed she did and she really didn’t, he’d make an absolute fool of himself. But if she didn’t, would she have said what she did? Perhaps it was just simple doubt that caused him to wonder about what she said. It could be true. She could really feel the same way, and for him this was a paramount realization.

He wanted to say something, but he just smiled. Finally, some words managed to come to his mind. “Alright, Piers,” he thought, stifling as much nervousness as possible, “don’t mess this one up!”

“You know, Glaiza, there are a lot of words for one’s ‘significant other.’ I’m not sure which one is in vogue right now, actually…but I’d count myself as the most fortunate guy in this town if you’d be my…well, whatever the word is.”

The sentence seemed to start well, but it hadn’t ended the same way.

It was a shame that Piers had botched his most precious appeal, an appeal that meant so much to him, but then he had the hope about what she’d said to him. And he remembered her words, causing some of his anxiety to disappear, leaving a remnant that still harassed his thoughts as he waited for an answer. He almost wished that he could keep the moon and stars from watching right now, lest he face disappointment.

But he’d heard what she said…and he retained that hope.

Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

GLAIZA'S POV

I felt like laughing at myself, at him, at ourselves, under the night sky. Not funny as in embarrassing funny, nor even a scornful what an idiot we are laugh... but laughter filled with simple happiness. Something that I've either strained to achieve or pretended to exist in my life. It has always been, "happy, but"... or "happy and yet I can't"... but now...

Now I'm just happy as we both silently smile at each other.

“You know, Glaiza, there are a lot of words for one’s ‘significant other.’ I’m not sure which one is in vogue right now, actually…but I’d count myself as the most fortunate guy in this town if you’d be my…well, whatever the word is.”

Even the way he asked me to be his girlfriend was adorable.

"Adorable? Babe, puke-able is what you really meant right? Besides you don't need a boyfriend... I mean don't you already have me?"

As Sean pleaded not to, listing out all the reasons why he is so much better than Dr. Piers, I can't help but smile and ignore him. Drowning out his babble, I found out that, you know what, I do like this guy enough to date him.

"Oh man, you're going to date him aren't you? You are, I know you are. This is going to suck so bad, you wouldn't believe it."

"Tough, Sean, I like him"

"Tough, Glaiza, you'll get him killed."

I shake my head, no I won't get him killed because I'll be careful, extra careful to keep him from learning about my past, and Sean's existence, and then suddenly realizing that Dr. Piers might have misunderstood that shake of the head, I smile. Weirdly finding the courage to do so, I say something I've never said before...

"I'd like to be your... um... that... whatever that is. Um... So, now what?"

Then I find myself laughing; a laughter filled with just happiness and nothing more.

Because right now, I'm just happy.

SEAN'S POV

Great.

A Guardian for a boyfriend.

WAIT. Since she and I share the same body, does this mean, that, TECHNICALLY, this medical person is also, TECHNICALLY, attached to me?!

If he tries to... to... to... do anything to my body, I AM GOING TO KILL HIM.

OH THE HORROR.
    Last edited by janajee; 10-12-2009 at 11:47 PM.
    ---
    ---

---
    ---

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Not knowing how to respond to Glaiza’s acceptance, a surprised Piers just stared into her eyes. He couldn’t believe it…and even though he’d found himself that day facing two nightmares and threats to his patients, getting cut and badly burnt in the process…this was turning out to be a memorable day for all the right reasons.

But it wasn’t day. It was night, and it was late. Fatigue had set in long ago, but since he was overjoyed at being with Glaiza, he had felt little of it. Yet, he knew they would both need to retire soon. His thoughts were racing, and were pierced by Glaiza’s question as to what to do next. He hadn’t really thought about that…

Luckily, she just laughed…a sweet, genuine kind of laugh, a laugh that brought him into it, too. He laughed with her, Vega and Venus winking at them the whole time.

Piers wished it could last forever.

It was a shame that it couldn’t. He let go of her hand and slowly slid down the dome. As his feet hit the ground, the shock from his soft landing was still enough to make his burnt body ache, the cut playing up now, too, but he tried not to show it as he winced. He then reached up to take Glaiza’s hand to assist her while she came down the dome.

“I wouldn’t end this for anything in the world, but it’s late and I should be getting you home, I think,” he said, taking her hand again as he walked through the park and out of the entrance to his car. He was truly happy, elated beyond measure, and as he saw her take her seat in his car he realized that he appreciated her even more now…after all, she was his girl now, right?

That only complicated things, truthfully. If they were to share deep conversations, how would he cover up everything he did with the Guardians? His wounds? His abrupt dismissals from her presence when called upon? That would come in time, he thought…but some business had to be taken care of first.

Sitting beside her and starting the ignition, he began the drive back into town.

As he drove, the streetlights invading the car and flashed across Glaiza’s face, illuminating it about every two seconds so that Piers seemed perpetually entrapped in her beauty. He finally found the words he needed to say.

“Glaiza, I had something on my mind that I wanted to ask you. You told me about your brother’s nightmare, and…well, maybe you know that this is not a rare occurrence; in fact, there are many nightmares in this town, it seems. I know Karn told you a little about the Guardians, and I think he told you that I was among them. I wish I could say more, but I’m oath-sworn not to...”

He thought it best not to dwell on this subject, so he continued on a different one. “Well…I got some info today that a nightmare has been frequenting the Teaberry. Don’t be scared…it might not mean much right now, as some nightmares won’t act out on their own…but, I was just wondering if you had any information that would help me figure this out.”

He was truly hoping that he hadn’t scared her, and hoped that she knew that he would die before he let anything happen to her. There was no way he was telling her about Jace’s threat, though.

“Oh, Glaiza, do you need to go back to the Teaberry, or do I need to take you to your house?”

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information