AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 90 of 96 FirstFirst ... 40 80 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 2393

Thread: RPG: Nightmare Hunt (A Supernatural/Mystery RPG)

The Fallen Wanderer The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-21-2012 01:07 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Re: RPG: Nightmare Hunt (A Supernatural/Mystery RPG)

OOC: Sorry about the long absence but I'm back to make a post.

Role: Vagrant
    Items: N/A

Everything happened so fast that Rod couldn't even move in time to react. Two people had died and much worse was the fact that the ones who died were people Rod had known.
    He felt the two energy signatures disappear and he knew what happened. Piers was crying like a he lost his closest friend, Ace did nothing but turn away and walked.

"How could this have happened? I was here and I was spaced out....Had I been paying more attention this could've been avoided." Rod said cursing himself.

"We both were unaware of what happened so don't blame yourself." Zen said with a saddened expression on his face, " What could we do?"

In that moment, Rod quickly rushed to where the two bodies and he seen a man holding on to Cerise. Rod's mind was clouded with anger and rage as he looked at the damage that was done.

"Are you satisfied with what you have done? Do feel that this is what should've happened?" Rod said clenching his fists, "Who are you? why did you shoot that guy? Was it because of her? I heard you when you said she was a good guardian but she killed my master because she deemed him a dangerous vagrant and I had a chance to kill her then but I didn't."

Rod's anger reached a boiling point and he grabbed the man by his shirt and pushed him against a wall.

"Do you think this is what she wanted? For you kill someone in cold blood like that?! Do you?! Tell me, why did you kill him??"

He wanted to punch him in the face but he was suddenly stopped by Ace.

"Let him go and come with me." Ace said loosening Rod's grip on the man, " I know how you feel but there are others who need you more than you know."

He grabbed Rod and pulled him away from what happened and walked away with him.

"May you rest in peace Aiden and Cerise......."

Trusting a person is giving someone the ability to destroy you, but at the same time being confident the he/she won't.......

Project Chaos link below.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5CyAAMyFKE

Senior Member Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Grey Ribbon Silver Ribbon L Laptop
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-30-2013 08:48 AM
    Threads

(Oh hi. Well, I didn't have such a happy closure with my last post. May I post an epilogue?)

Senior Member Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Epilogue
    Charlie Reid & Aiden Hayes
    Role: Watcher & Guardian in Training
    Items: N/A

It does not rain on this perfect day. If it weren’t for the gravestone and statues of weeping angels, North Willow Cemetery could have passed for a children's park.

Charlie Reid, seventeen years old, digs his hands in his pockets as he stands before his sister’s grave. He thinks of her bushy red hair that he once stuck chewing gum into when they were little. He thinks of ripping gift wrappers off of presents beside her and a Christmas tree. He thinks of long rides in the back seat of a vehicle, singing to radio songs, pointing at cows and cars at the window, and then waking up on her shoulder four hours later. He thinks that there is so much he wants to tell to her, yet he has nothing to say.

He wonders if eternity would be any different.

He hears the sure, cautious footsteps of someone used to hunting and being hunted. It pauses about three paces behind him and dares not go further.

A gust of wind ruffles through the grass.

“You remind me of her.” Charlie breaks the silence for Aiden’s sake. “You two are the most stubborn people I know. She would have been delighted to know you.”

Aiden’s voice faltered, “… I’m so sorry.”

There is chirping from a nest of birds in one of the willow trees. Without looking back, Charlie beckons him closer with a wave.

Aiden dares not step forward. Aiden steps forward.

They were born only two months apart. Aiden has a year-old scar running down the side of his ear to his collarbone. He wore a white jacket three shades lighter than his pale hair, and Charlie knows there are more scars underneath it. Charlie wears his left hand in a leather glove because missing two fingers makes most people stare. This isn’t a business for people who think life is about happiness.

A sweet, gentle scent wafts from a bouquet of stargazers.

“Charlie, I only knew her for fifteen minutes, and the way you go on about her, I could tell she meant the world to you. I know you have rules on yourself as a Watcher. But if it’s alright with you, if you’d just… humor me, I’d like to know her through your eyes.”

“You didn’t know her at all. That thing you killed in St. Birch, whatever it was, it wasn’t Cerise.” Aiden’s eyes dare not meet his. “Sure, I’ll humor you. Quid pro quo. First, tell me what it’s like to have killed someone.”

A large bird dives from the sky, followed by the shrill cry of a small dying creature.

“I hope you never have to know what it’s like, Charlie.”

“I’ve woken up to your screaming too many times and it would be nice to know why.”

A dog’s howls echoes throughout the wide open field.

“It… changes the way you see everything. Once you’ve ended a life, you’ll never feel like you belong with people again. You walk with them in crowds, talk to them in shops, and you know you’re different. Someone told me I have this hard look in my eyes.”

Charlie never has to carry his bullets. By his will, they form out of his thoughts and memories, the stuff of dreams and Nightmares. Aiden catches the flash of one taking shape in his comrade’s hands.

“Sometimes I still see her, and her Nightmare, and the hospital. Sometimes Yeul’s also there, and Fang, and Basch, the other Vagrants I couldn’t bring to HQ. Always, there’s blood on my fingers and palms.”

Aiden hears the click-click-clack of a bullet being loaded into a gun.

“She’s still in my dreams. Always in my dreams. All of them. God, I can’t begin to tell you how sorry I am for taking her away.”

“Aiden, you’ve told me you’re sorry at least once a day for the past three years. I have at least an inkling of how sorry you are.”

Charlie aims it at his chest, right above his heart, and Aiden does not flinch.

“These are my best memories of my sister. Ready?” He always asks first. Aiden nods. Bang. A bird screeches to the skies in panic.

There is a small puff of dark smoke where the bullet struck Aiden’s chest. Charlie studies his blank expression. He has shot him so many times he’s already lost count. The gun disappears into thin air and Charlie turns again towards Cerise, whom Aiden is seeing in a waking dream.

A small cloud passes in front of the sun, casts a shadow upon the graveyard, then it is gone.

He hears Aiden exhale as the illusion breaks.

“Charlie, she was…”

“I know.”

Aiden takes a deep breath, steeling his will to speak. He falls into quietness instead. There is a kind of silence only known to the closest of friends, and they’ve saved each other’s lives so many times that they’ve stopped counting that too. Yet there is her laughter still ringing in his ears. There is the lingering smell of freshly baked cookies and hot chocolate. He has to. Here we go.

“Aiden,” Charlie breaks the silence, “I’ve already forgiven you a long time ago. It’s not my forgiveness you’re looking for.”

“I know.”

“That day only gave you bad choices. Killing that monster was the best decision you had. Besides, if my gun can actually kill people, you’d be dead.”

“I know.”

“You’re an idiot. Cerise would love you.”

“I… thank you.”

Yellow petals fell from the bouquet and fluttered away with the wind. In the distance echoed an unmistakable whinny.

“Whelp, best finish the mission while the sun’s still high. I wanna get back to HQ before dark.” Charlie turns and begins walking towards the main road. “Wouldn’t want Sir You-Know-Who chucking a book at us, do you? Aiden?”

He wasn’t following. Charlie turns in time to catch him swiping at his eyes.

“Oh come on, loser. This ain’t a business for the gloomy and doomy.”

“No, no, I’m actually happy.” The kid grins, sniffles, and looks to the ground, putting his hands in his pockets. “I’m just really, really happy. Sorry, it’s just… you remind me of Theo and Theodore. A brother who’s always there, watching out for you, cheering you up. I don’t know how I would have lasted without them, or you.”

He takes another deep breath.

“I uh… really want to say thank you. For, you know, just being here, hanging around someone like me.”

Charlie grins, “Sheesh, you wuss. Don’t make me tear up.”

He gestures for Aiden to come, and then embraces him as he would a sibling. The idiot’s too forgiving, dammit. Aiden still thinks his brother is a good person, despite what the monster did, and is even thankful for his old Nightmare who had kept him in the dark for years. Then again, maybe those who truly seek forgiveness are more willing to forgive others. Aiden reminds him so much of Cerise, it’s almost unfair. Around him, Charlie feels he doesn’t have to be more or less than who he is.

Aiden feels a wetness on his shoulder, and makes a silent, determined promise to Miss Reid. They turn away from the grave and walk back to the main road, their steps in beat.

4. Thanks Cross Avantgarde, Valkarma thanked for this post
    Likes Cross Avantgarde, Valkarma liked this post
    Member desidoodle07 has a brilliant future desidoodle07 has a brilliant future desidoodle07 has a brilliant future desidoodle07 has a brilliant future desidoodle07 has a brilliant future desidoodle07 has a brilliant future desidoodle07 has a brilliant future desidoodle07 has a brilliant future desidoodle07 has a brilliant future desidoodle07 has a brilliant future desidoodle07 has a brilliant future desidoodle07's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Wolf
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-03-2013 05:06 PM
    Threads

Role: Feral
    Items: none

Seeing the outskirts of the land, Clarissa had her arms folded and her eyes searching for a friend. In all her years as an orphan, no one liked her because of the stories the children had told about her. Though she couldn't bring herself to believe them, there was a possibilities of nightmares running wild. Or so she had heard.

A slight chill emitted which ran up her back making the hairs on her neck stand up. "A creepy place this is," she muttered as she turned around to scour inside the clock tower.

Clarissa wondered why it wasn't working. She felt all the gears as she walked around to see if she found a problem. Everything was cold to the touch, even though most metals do. She wasn't a person who worked on clocks, so there was no point in trying to fix it. As her footsteps crashed against the old floor, she had a feeling someone was watching her. "I better get out of here," she said as she ran out if the clock tower.

She caught a nearby bench, and sat on it thinking about her times at the orphanage.

Flashback:

A teenage girl sat in a chair while one of the maids combed her hair. The rays of the sun touched everything on the floor as Clarissa looked at the scattered toys left from the children. "What happened to my parents?" Clarissa blurted out as she was looking out if the window.

The maid had stopped, her widened eyes hung on the back of Clarissa's head. After composing herself, she went back to brushing her sleek brown hair. "They gave you up," she replied, "they dropped you of because they didn't want you. They are alive however."

Clarissa jumped for joy as she dreamed about the perfect parents. "Lets go meet them!"

The maid frowned, "it's not that easy child. You have to wait til you are older."

The child stopped and sulked. Thinking about waiting years to meet them was dreadful. As the maid had finished and left, Clarissa changed from her pj's to her outside clothes. Determined, she snuck down the flights of stairs and outside. The cold winter hit her hard as a gust if wind blew. Taking out her favorite blanket, she wrapped herself in it and started to walk.

A bang hit and the dazed Clarissa now was a woken up Clarissa. Her flashback wasn't over yet, but that would have to wait another time. She stupid up and started walking with her hands in her pockets. Not knowing where she was headed, she just kept on walking.

Senior Member Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Silver Ribbon Four Leaf Clover Teal Ribbon
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2019 02:20 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aspirantgarde

OOC: If I have made too much time pass (just an unspecified number of days, but certainly not more than a month), feel free to post during any day you choose that took place between the St. Birch events and the day in this post.

Piers
    Role: Guardian
    Status: Night (The passage of multiple days has taken place since the events at St. Birch)
    Items: Guardian Radio, small key

The Aerie of the Guardian HQ would presumably be dark at night, but the lights in the heavens prevented any such darkness from wholly enveloping the environs of the small quarters. Piers sat at a small desk in the aerie, trying to find Venus and Polaris through the glass ceiling. So easy to find when he was younger, it now took minutes of concentration to find them in relation to the other stars in the sky.

There were the stars closest to the horizon, blinking more quickly than the ones higher, given the denser amount of atmosphere that one had to peer through to see them at the horizon. There were the tell-tale constellations that normally helped one find other stars. And there, finally there, was Venus and Polaris.

Why had it been so difficult?

Other questions engaged his mind as well. Had Glaiza come through all the turmoil okay? Was she gone because she needed time away from all that had happened? Had Melinda recovered from the onset of medical difficulties that arose in tandem with the nightmare surge? Landy, who had cared for him so much during this time of loss and despair—was anyone caring for Landy? And the young boy who was now being trained by Cerise’s brother, Piers really should make sure that all the accommodations—

There was that name. As clear and bright as Venus.

“Cerise.”
    Piers pulled out a tiny key from his jacket, then unlocked a small drawer in the desk and picked up a glittering mask that only covered the eyes, held with a single plastic rod. Cerise had worn it at the formal when they were both green initiates.

“Ceri...”

Trembling, he held the mask up to his own eyes. It was nigh impossible, he knew, but he could have sworn that he smelled a trace of her favorite fragrance.

There were many things to blame. But the lingering question was only “Why?” Why had a Vortex been allowed to open in the first place? Could it open again? The ensuing chaos had seemed as senseless as a madman being allowed to harm innocent children. Such things were evil to the highest degree. Why were they allowed to happen?

A clear answer never seemed provided. Only promises. And you could stand on promises. The choice to do so was the trick. Yet promises don’t alleviate the pain in the moment.

Piers stood and once again looked out through the aerie. “Cerise, can you hear me?” Piers had enjoyed reading the works of quantum physicists in his younger years, scientists who had made the most inaccessible content understandable. They had claimed that the universe was not simply made of matter. Instead, a Superintelligence seemed to undergird all reality, all matter. It was to this Superintelligence that Piers pleaded to allow Cerise to hear him.

What followed were more promises. Promises to watch over her brother, though he seemed perfectly able to take care of himself. Still, he felt he needed to make them. Promises to watch over Aiden as well, and a promise to see her again.

Piers placed her mask back in the drawer, and locked the small compartment. It was all he had left of her insofar as physical things were concerned. One day, it wouldn’t matter—but for now, it did. Tomorrow was going to matter, too. There was work to be done. But for now he was going to rest. The job seemed completed for the time being, and the most pressing issue was now to check on everyone and to ensure that they had weathered the storm as well as possible. Tomorrow.

Piers went to sleep rather quickly. It wasn’t a dark night at all, really, when one noted all the light above.

7. Thanks Solsaiden Hel thanked for this post
    Likes Solsaiden Hel liked this post
    Member desidoodle07 has a brilliant future desidoodle07 has a brilliant future desidoodle07 has a brilliant future desidoodle07 has a brilliant future desidoodle07 has a brilliant future desidoodle07 has a brilliant future desidoodle07 has a brilliant future desidoodle07 has a brilliant future desidoodle07 has a brilliant future desidoodle07 has a brilliant future desidoodle07 has a brilliant future desidoodle07's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Wolf
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Clarissa had accidentally fallen a sleep on the bench. Since she had claimed this place for refuge and a new home, the probability of going far was slim. For if someone from the orphanage sees her, a serious penalty would be brought to her. A serious beating.

Some people might think that since she was 18 that she was free. Wrong. The mistress (or hag as all the children called her) wanted her back because she was ordered to keep Clarissa. Now that the new adult had ran away when she was 16; Clarissa was going to get the beating of her lifetime once of if she returns.

One, two, one, two. Her foot steps fell as she was pacing to find food. "Great," Clarissa groaned, "I'm like a wanted criminal and in need of food."

The bushes had rustled slightly, and Clarissa went to check it out. BumpBumpBump; her heart raced as she neared the bushes to see what was making the noise. BumpBumpBump; her foot falls started to go faster as fear and worry crept up her spine. BumpBum-; her heart all of a sudden seemed like had skipped a beat because a sigh of relief hit her. A small stray dog had walked around, "You scared me half to death little one."

"Bark, bark," the dog panted then ran away.

"I guess I'm not well liked by even animals either," Clarissa frowned, "I'm a monster."

The girl sat in the bushes hidden in view while sobbing. A hurtful past with no friends and no hope hit her like a ton of bricks. Clarissa sobbed and yelled, "USELESS! I'M A MONSTER!"
    Last edited by desidoodle07; 12-20-2012 at 09:26 AM.

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

(Valk, what do you think? Please don't kill me.)

Charlie Reid
    Role: Watcher-in-Training
    Items: Cellphone, Guardian Radio

CLOSED

Charlie pocketed his phone, scowling at the entrance sign of the Teaberry Coffee Shop. Just when a good strong cuppa would hit the spot, the café declares itself closed. Blast.

It was such a normal day, and Charlie hated it.

He just stepped out of the flat he’s sharing with Aiden to talk to his parents for a few minutes, but Charlie felt more like a bloke who just stepped out of the hospital: the sun is shining, the birds are chirping, he has cancer and he’s going to die in six months.

Life was like a jack-in-the-box: all is quiet until your worst Nightmare rounds the corner and boom, your loved ones are dead. The world should be ending. People should be screaming and trampling on each other for the nearest evacuation center. Instead, they’re giggling in groups of two’s and three’s up and down the street, carrying groceries with them.

It’s just such a bloody normal day that something must be horribly wrong.

He heard the cries of a girl, but it was the Nightmare he saw first. Large, dark, and hooded like death. If it had a face, he couldn’t see it.

He covered his left eye with one hand, and the right eye that was connected to his left brain, the down-to-earth, logical hemisphere, saw the crying girl.

He covered his right eye, and the left one connected to the less-rational hemisphere saw the death-like Nightmare.

It was hers.

Charlie flattened himself behind an electric pole. This was real nice, wasn’t it? He ends up wandering far into another part of town and he meets a Nightmare that could end his life with a swipe of its finger. Wonderful.

He tucked a hand into his jacket pocket and a bullet made of some rather horrid memories formed between his fingers.

The first step after spotting a Nightmare is informing HQ. The second is to find the Host. Watchers mustn’t engage Nightmares. Vagrant or Feral, they could all mangle them. No, they definitely mustn’t.

“Jean! You all right?” He grinned into his Guardian Radio, “It’s Charlie. You know, new recruit, loony Watcher? Yes, that’s the one. Listen, there’s a Nightmare near the Teaberry. What, don’t engage it? I think it belongs to a crying gal and my gentleman’s instincts are kicking in. Tell someone to stop me before I get ripped to shavings, would you? Thanks, Jean. You’re brilliant.”

He tucked the Radio away. The girl looked terribly normal: sleek brown hair, a brown shirt. Nothing more. She seemed so frightened, so sad. For a moment, Charlie forgot he should be wary and afraid.

“Pardon me, miss.” He stepped towards her, hands open in a gesture of sincerity, “I er… saw you crying and I’m not one to stand there doing nothing. I’m Charlie Reid. May I help you?”
    Last edited by Solsaiden Hel; 12-22-2012 at 04:50 AM.

Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Wolf
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Clarissa, face stained with tears, continued to sob. Her head slowly lifted as she heard a concerning voice speaking to her. The disbelief that she had on her face when she heard someone talking to her.

"Pardon me, miss," the voice said to her. Clarissa spotted him take a step towards her, and finally looked all the way up at him. She flinched when his hands opened.

“I er… saw you crying and I’m not one to stand there doing nothing. I’m Charlie Reid. May I help you?” the voice said again.

She shrinked back and her tiny voice replied, "N-N-No... I was just.... Leaving."

Clarissa pushed herself up off of the bench, and wiped her tears quickly. Charlie Reid.... Clarissa thought as the now nervousness set deep in the bottom of her stomach.

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Charlie Reid

Oblivious vehicles whizzed by near them, leaving thick trails of car exhaust that made him cough.

“I understand. May I help you get home?”

A hand in the other pocket of his jacket was forming a bullet. The shot held the memory of the Nightmare’s height, shape, form, the environment where it was sighted. It included the Host’s hair length, eye color, and even the print on her clothing. Down to the last detail.

“I would be glad to walk with you there, or I could pay for a cab for you.” He shrugged with a smile, “I don’t mind.”

His eyes darted from fir trees to stone benches to metal fences, gauging the landscape for places he could hide behind and objects he could turn into weapons.

“It’s just that… my sister was killed because she wandered off on her own. If I was your brother, I wouldn’t want you to walk around by yourself.”

The girl flinched at his slightest movement. Was she more frightened of him or was he more wary of her Nightmare?

“Please,” His fist tightened around the cold ammunition in his pocket, praying he wouldn’t have to use it. “Let me help you.”
    Last edited by Solsaiden Hel; 12-21-2012 at 07:41 AM.

Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Wolf
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Clarissa looked at Charlie's way, eyeing his hand in his pocket wondering what he was doing. "I, uh.... My house is, uh.... just around the corner," she hesitated and folded her arms while looking at the ground.

“It’s just that… my sister was killed because she wandered off on her own. If I was your brother, I wouldn't want you to walk around by yourself,” she heard him say.

Her eyes darted towards him, and she glared. "You don't know me, so don't talk about my brother. Take your hands out of your pockets, because I have a sense that your going to do something if I don't cooperate. I'm just a normal human!"

Though she didn't have a brother (or that she knew of), she wanted to disappear out of sight. She didn't know about her Nightmare either, and her uneasiness was hitting her.

A small breeze blew by, and her hair danced slightly. Clarissa's eyes searched for something, but she didn't really know what though. "I, uh...." she stammered. She turned around, and as her left foot hit the ground, she started to take off. Only to look back a few times out of fear that he would follow her.

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Aiden Hayes
    Role: Guardian-in-Training

Aiden jolted out of their apartment door, his Guardian radio on his ear. Jean hasn’t even finished warning him about the many possible ways he could die when he cut her off to contact Charlie.

“Char, Jean called and-”

“She’s on the run. Wait for her on the west end of Woodgrove Walk. I won’t give her chase, I might scare her.” After a moment’s pause, he added, “Stay alive, loser. Tonight’s your turn to do the dishes.”

“Jerk.” Aiden grinned.

He raced down the stairs from their second floor apartment and ran, ran, ran for Woodgrove Walk. If he had synced with his Nightmare, he could probably cover the distance in leaps and bounds. But that would scare off so many pedestrians.

He saw her running towards him from the other side of the street, her long dark hair flying behind her. She seemed so normal and so frightened, yet Charlie confirmed that with her was an invisible and deadly Nightmare. Aiden knew what that was like.

He spread his arms out in front of her. He prayed that she would stop running because he just could not let her get past. He will not call out his Nightmare until hers attacks him first.

Please don’t hurt me. Aiden begged inwardly. Please don’t hurt me.

“S-STOP!” he yelled, waving his arms like a wild goose, “You must stop in the name of… of LOVE!”
    Last edited by Solsaiden Hel; 12-21-2012 at 09:15 PM. Reason: grammar :(

Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Wolf
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Clarissa looked back and had seen that Charlie was gone. Twerp a voice said stupid kid is gone.

She stopped, not because of what the new person said but because of a weird voice. Clarissa realized what the man had said and done. A glare had came his way, as the now annoyed Clarissa was not afraid anymore. Stupid kid! the voice yelled.

Clarissa quickly covered her ears thinking that the yell was from someone nearby. Only to find out it was just her and the male in front of her. So, she stood straight and crossed her arms. "What do you want? Why did you say that?"

(Sorry it's short ^.^')
    Last edited by desidoodle07; 12-21-2012 at 09:24 PM.

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

(No problem. )

Aiden Hayes

She stopped! Oh God, thank you, thank you, thank you.

“I uh… I don’t want anything from you. You just shouldn’t run around. It’s dangerous. You might get run over.”

Nice one, Aiden. Very lame. He must seem like an escaped mental patient looking for friends in the outside world.

“I’m Aiden, by the way.” He held out his hand with a smile. “Nice to meet you.”

Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Wolf
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

“I’m Aiden, by the way.” He held out his hand with a smile. “Nice to meet you.”

Clarissa slightly flinched, but realized he didn't reach inside his pocket like Charlie had. Don't trust that flea! the voice said to her angry.

"Don't tell me what to do kid. I can handle myself fine," she rolled her eyes and crossed her arms, "and I'm leaving."

Her arms unfolded and she quickly turned around. Good the voice wooed her Keep walking and don't pay any attention to him.

Clarissa frowned at the voice because she didn't know what or who it was that was speaking to her. The only thing that she knew was that she was the only one that appears to have been able to hear him. "Go away!" she growled but kept walking.

Hm, child, you don't know the part of it the voice chuckled demonically.

Clarissa stopped and gasped. She looked back slightly to see what Aiden was doing, and she quickly looked forward. Her face was blank, her hand over her mouth, and her skin as pale as a ghost.

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Charlie Reid

Charlie did not give chase, but he had walked after her. So when she turned around he was already waiting for her on the other end, and he had closed the distance between him and Aiden.

They must seem like a pair of creeps, cornering a girl in the middle of a street like this. But the lives of all these pedestrians around them are in danger and they’re just laughing and walking by like oblivious ducks.

Like Aiden, he was not going to let her get past him.

“Oh. Hello again.” He exclaimed, as if surprised to see her. He opened his palms up in the air in a gesture of good will, “I thought I frightened you off. You all right, miss? You seem rather pale.”

Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Wolf
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Clarissa stopped what she was thinking and saw Charlie in front of her. "What do you want?" she growled.

Her head turned as her eyes darted to Aiden who was behind her. "What the hell do you two want?"

These stupid watchers! I'm going to kill them! the voice growled.

"Watchers? Kill who?" Clarissa looked at the boys and then darted towards the woods. Her foot falls increased as her heart raced with panic. Thoughts and wonders raced through her mind as she was running for what she though was for her life. They are going to kill me.... The head mistress send people out to get me! Clarissa thought as she ran.

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Charlie Reid

Her Nightmare was talking to her, confusing her. Charlie froze when she said the word ‘Watcher’. So she knew. This changes everything.

As she bounded away into the thick trees, Charlie wished he could just hold up a picket sign saying ‘WE'RE HERE TO HELP. WE COME IN PEACE.’ Unfortunately, life isn’t as simple as that.

“Ready?” He took out his gun, loaded it with a bullet of memory, and aimed for Aiden’s head. Aiden nodded.

BANG.

Aiden Hayes

Aiden saw the events within the past hour as they unfolded through Char’s eyes. He saw how the girl cried by a bench, how tall and dark her Nightmare was, and heard the things she spoke to the Watcher.

Aiden blinked, and he was back to reality.

“Tell Philo to go to the north side of the forest, that’s the farthest side. You go south-east.” Char pointed down the street, “I’ll meet her on the west side. We’ll corner her from three places.”

Called by named, a thick dark cloud of dust and shadow formed behind Aiden, starting like a seed and then growing into the form of a great black Labrador Retriever. Philo barked at them once and leapt and bounded over the trees.

Aiden clapped Char twice on the shoulder, before breaking into a run south-east. He knew how much Char hated running.

In ten seconds, Philo had already leapt far ahead of the girl. It stood ground in front of her direction, partly hidden behind thick trees. When it heard her coming closer, it lowered his body to the ground. It could smell her Nightmare, it could smell her fear. It growled.
    Last edited by Solsaiden Hel; 12-22-2012 at 03:55 PM.

Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Wolf
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Clarissa ran as fast as she could. CRACK! Went a stick as she lept over fallen trees and small bushes.

She stopped to catch her breath in hopes they wouldn't follow her. As she looked around to see if it was safe, she fell to her knees and started to cry.

"I was happy til they came," Clarissa sobbed as her hair was covering her appearance.

Let me help you the voice cooed.

"Who are you?"

Your worst nightmare the voice chuckled as a shadow like figure was in front of her.

Even though the nightmare wasn't in his true form, he was still visible. He also couldn't use his abilities either, so he couldn't do much.

(Hehe no pun intended xD)

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Aiden Hayes

Philo picked up the distinct scent of the Nightmare. Its smell became stronger as it took form. Aiden wasn’t there to tell him what to do. So, being a canine made of thoughts and dreams, Philo launched on his hind legs, jaws open, and tackled the large, black, hooded thing like a Pokemon.

Aiden arrived just in time to see the girl’s Nightmare already taking shape, and his Labrador Retriever Nightmare attacking it.

“You idiot.” He groaned, “You used to be so cool. Now you're just an overgrown puppy.”

Aiden hurried to the girl and gently took her arm, “We have to get out of here! Come with me, run!”
    Last edited by Solsaiden Hel; 12-22-2012 at 03:56 PM.

Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Wolf
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

The nightmare disappeared as the dog was coming towards him. "NO!" Clarissa yelled.

She felt Aiden grab her arm and trying to pull her away. "Let me go!" she yelled as she fought him to get free, "I'm not going back!"

Her free fist kept hitting him in the arm and the stomach, hoping he would release her. The only thing she knew was that she thought they were there to take her back to the orphanage.

Tears streamed down her face was she kept begging, pleading, fighting, and struggling to get free so she would go back to the Broken Clock Tower. "Let me go!" Clarissa yelled out, but this time it was strong and serious.

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Role: Watcher and Guardian-in-Training
    Items: Cellphones, Guardian Radios

Philo looked left and right, a little confused as its prey had dissipated into thin air. Then it sat on its haunches and scratched its ear with one hind leg. Philo has the attention span of a goldfish.

Charlie panted heavily, arriving just in time to see Aiden shielding himself as the girl beat him up.

“Ow, ow, ow! Don’t hurt me, don’t hurt me! Aaah.”

“You’re… such a loser…” He laughed. Charlie saw the girl’s Nightmare standing silently by the side. He caught up with them and pulled poor Aiden away from her.

“You got mauled by a lady, Hayes. You are so sad.”

Aiden shot him a pleading look.

“Calm down. Calm down, miss. We’re here to help you.” Charlie knelt next to her. “Listen, I’ll do anything for you. I’ll do anything you ask. I won’t hurt you. I won’t force you to do anything you don’t want. Just please, breathe, and don’t be afraid.”

Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Wolf
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

"Go away!" Clarissa yelled at both of them.

She stood up, wiped her tears away, and brushed off the dirt from her clothes. Clarissa hit both boys in the face, "That is for following me like stalkers and trying to take me away."

Proudly, she started walking away, happy that she could live in peace again. To her, what she was living with before was peace. Now, however, she had a whispering shadow figure, two guys, and something called a watcher. Her day was getting better and better.

"Everything is so confusing," she muttered to herself as she was walking away, "what are watchers? What do they want with me? What was that shadowy figure I saw? This is all to weird."

The thought of her sleeping was on her mind, but bearing one more sleepless night on that cold concrete in the broken clock tower wasn't going to suit her. "Ugh, I hate this."

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

“Ow.” Charlie groaned as she hit him in the cheek. That is going to leave a terrible mark later. “Alright. If that’s what you want. We will let you pass.”

Aiden offered him a hand, watching the girl’s retreating back. He was physically stronger than Charlie, so he easily pulled him to his feet. Philo walked up to them and lay on the ground. His tongue stuck out, wagging as he panted happily, like one of those bobbing head dogs you put on the dashboard of your car.

Aiden touched the tender spot on his cheek as Charlie dusted off dirt on his knees.

“Are we really going to let her go?”

Charlie's eyebrows raised at him.

“Of course not, Aiden. Hey! You! I know what a Watcher is!” Charlie yelled after her retreating back. “I know what that shadowy figure is, and it’s putting your life in danger! You don’t know anyone else who can tell you what’s happening to you, and if you leave now you’ll never find out!”
    Last edited by Solsaiden Hel; 12-22-2012 at 03:58 PM.

Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Wolf
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Clarissa stopped and turned around with a slight groan. "I'd like to at least have peace for once in my life!" she snapped and turned back around.

She was interested in the whole ordeal, but right now she was focusing on getting something to eat and a nice bed to sleep in. Since sleeping in the clock tower didn't do any good of her sleep, she needed to find a different place to go. A hotel maybe? It didn't matter to Clarissa as anything would do instead of that cold concrete.

Rain started to fall slightly as clouds slowly drifted over her head. "A storm.... A bad one at that," she muttered as she could smell the moisture in the air.

Clarissa quickly checked her pockets to try and find some money. "No," she growled, "I need some!"
    Last edited by desidoodle07; 12-22-2012 at 12:56 AM.

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

So much for peaceful negotiations.

Charlie hoped he didn’t have to shoot her. He didn’t like shooting anyone without their permission, but a bullet formed between his fingers and in it was his first memories of the girl as she was crying by the stone bench, her tall, hooded Nightmare looming nearby like Death itself.

“You’re going to shoot her? With what?”

He supported his right hand with his left and revolver aimed for the girl’s back. With all his rifle and pistol practice in high school, he will not miss.

“With memories of her self. I want her to see her own Nightmare. I'll apologize later.”

Aiden closed his eyes as he silently apologized to the girl. He heard the resounding BANG, and the fluttering wings of frightened birds taking into the air.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information