AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 96 FirstFirst ... 15 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 35 75 ... LastLast

Thread: RPG: Nightmare Hunt (A Supernatural/Mystery RPG)

The lazy demon kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-06-2014 11:30 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

OOC: Since it's about to rain I might as well show that clouds-a-brewin'.

Role: Guardian
    Items: Cell phone

"Well, that was creepy, if I say so myself." Duo said climbing up the hill

seeing Seda by the lamppost. "Hey, how's everything going?" Duo said

dusting himself off. "How was the 'guest'?" Duo said making hand

quotes. "Let's head back." Duo began to walk and soon king followed and

disappeared.

Items: Cell phone

Duo opened the HQ doors and walked. "We're back, if anybody was

wondering where we were!" Duo looked around and noticed that the place

had been cleaned really well and that the workers were back to there normal

jobs. "These people work harder than we do," Duo said "We should throw

them a party one day." A tech walked by and Duo stopped him. "Where is

everyone." "In the infirmary." The tech said. Duo

walked in the Infirmary. "Hey, everyone." Duo said comming looking at

everyone watching the screen and in mid conversation. "Hey, it's one of the

new guy's, how are you." Duo said looking at the new man. He pullled up a

chair and sat it next to Piers' bed. " I guess we both have a story to tell,

huh." Duo said feeling himself getting sleepy, he fell asleep in the chair as

Karn was walking out of the room.
    Last edited by kei of the flame; 10-20-2009 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Didn't think I'd waste a whole post on saying "he fell asleep."

I MADE IT.

Quotes: To be a man you must have honor and a penis (Shin-chan)

Senior Member Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Silver Ribbon Four Leaf Clover Teal Ribbon
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2019 02:20 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aspirantgarde

Items: Guardian radio, cell phone

Luckily, Karn himself provided the name Piers couldn’t remember. “That’s, it, Karn! I’m certain of it, now! You said ‘Hypnos,’ right? That’s the name of the twin I couldn’t remember! So…could we deduce that the weapon’s name is ‘Thanatos’? I’m not suggesting we’re facing ancient mythological gods or anything, but perhaps he was just immersing his name in a riddle…a riddle only someone familiar with Greek mythology, like yourself, would know. I’m not sure, but this is interesting.”

Why didn’t this occur to Piers earlier? Hypnos was the etymological root for the word “hypnotize” in English. Many words with “os” on the end came from the Greek language, and though he didn’t have much insight on Greek mythology, he knew a little Greek from his study of the New Testament of the Bible, written entirely in Greek. Words such as “Theos,” meaning “God,” and “Christos,” meaning “Christ,” were commonplace there. So…was the nightmare suggesting his own name? Was it indeed “Thanatos”? “Death”?

Piers chuckled a bit as Karn ordered him to retire for the night. “Yes, sir,” he said. “Night, guys…tell me what you find, and thanks for everything,” he said, hoping Karn’s search for clues and Ika’s viewing of the tape would yield some leads. Melinda was still being examined, and he walked over to her. “If you have any second thoughts about searching for Madeleine with me, please tell me. Okay?” he said after wishing her a good night.

He planned to sleep up in the aerie again that night, and as he walked to the elevator, a tech he’d barely seen before approached him.

“Piers, right?” the tech asked. “You wanted someone skilled in setting up hidden surveillance, I’m told?”

In his fatigued state he’d almost forgotten about that. “Oh, of course…yeah. First, a preliminary action has to take place. I want this set up across from the Teaberry coffee shop. To do this, we’ll need to use the apartment across the street from the Teaberry. So, the owner needs to be contacted and we’ll probably have to end up renting the room to evade any suspicion. I know I’ll probably only be able to get a shot at the entrance, but I need to make sure that the nightmare that invaded HQ, Jace, is not sighted in that area. Additionally, I’ll need techs on shift to watch the camera to give me an immediate warning if he’s sighted.”

“It’s been a while since I’ve done this sort of thing” the tech said, though not in a nervous tone.

“I trust you,” Piers said.

“Oh, I’m not scared. I’m excited,” the tech said, turning on his heel and walking away briskly. “Just the sort of guy I want on that job,” Piers thought to himself, smiling a bit.

As he entered the dark aerie, the stars became visible, splayed across the night sky. He wondered where Duo and Seda were, but was assured of their safety due to the fact they were together. He also wondered how Landy was dealing with the info he’d given her. He owed her a great deal, and he knew it. His mind paused, however, on the image of Glaiza’s face in his mind.

He usually fell asleep watching the stars, but tonight the events in the park, and an unforgettable visage, filled his mind before he fell asleep.

Planeswalker Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Playing Cards
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-19-2013 11:31 AM
    Threads

Karn
    Role: Guardian?
    Items: N/A

Karn yawned.
    "You think to much sometimes." He said as Piers was leaving, "But good night man. Get some rest you idiot." He gave Piers a wave as he went out the door and turned to the video player. The tape was over now but he rewound it back to where the image of Jace was clearest. He tapped the screen a few times.
    "What do you really want you?" He asked himself quietly, "What is your real aim? Why are you nightmares only this active right now? What's coming that I don't see?"

Karn shook his head as he couldn't figure it out. Maybe fatigue was getting to him too. As it was Duo came walking in looking as much a wreak as the rest of them. What a great display of being proud guardians. They all looked like they had been to hell and then took a taxi back, not realising the price. It wasn't good.
    "Hey Duo. Looks like you have had a restless day as the rest of us." He sighed wondering what the hell they had been up too, Seda couldn't be far off. "I'd love to hear it," He yawned, "But by the looks of things we are all feeling the need to sleep." He stopped the tape and pulled it out, "Piers was in a fight today. Same vagrant that attack the HQ and you guys. Jace he is called. This video is all we we have of the fight. Might be worth going over it to catch up with us." He passed him the tape, then walked towards the door. "Watch it and learn what you can. I'm going to my room. Me and Gray are tired." How did he know that? "We will wait for morning before you give us your excuse for being out." He laughed a little to himself, "Things can only get better tomorrow right?" He closed the door behind him and walked off to his room.

He closed the door quietly and sat on the edge of his bed. Gray faded away and he felt his legs become more loose. He pulled off his shirt and lay down on the bed. Clippings stared at him on the roof above his bed and he scanned them quickly. But his eyes got heavy faster and he soon found them closed.
    "Tomorrow can only get better right? Only better?" He thought. A slight chill told him Gray felt differently. "But how did I know that again? Are we that linked? Why was Gray scared? What could he be..."

But Karn had already drifted off before he could finish the thought.
    Last edited by Valkarma; 10-20-2009 at 03:04 PM.
    "I don't need to have the perfect plan. My foe just has to have an imperfect one." Jace Beleren

"Why fight the body when you can dominate the mind that rules it?" Jace Beleren

The Fallen Wanderer The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil has a reputation beyond repute The Rogue Devil's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-21-2012 01:07 PM
    Threads

Role: Vagrant

Ozman had decided to train for awhile in the woods behind Rod's home, there he could train with Styx. Ozman sat on the ground indian-style and waited for his nightmare to attack. He felt his movements as Styx created a web around the trees making it impossible to escape.
    " Oh, I see what you're trying to do." Ozman said with a smile, " Good job! You're getting better!"
    Styx reappeared and began to swing his legs at Ozman trying to get him near the web. Ozman deflected Styx's attacks and began to push the large spider back. He was about to give Styx a hard hook right in his eyes, but he felt Rod's presence as he entered the house.
    " That's it for today, Styx, Let's go home and surprise Rod." Ozman said.
    He and Styx laughed all the way back to Rod's home and entered through the door.

Trusting a person is giving someone the ability to destroy you, but at the same time being confident the he/she won't.......

Project Chaos link below.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5CyAAMyFKE

Senior Member Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Green Tea
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-08-2012 09:42 AM
    Threads

Items: None

Seda let Duo lead the way to HQ, walking next to him but just a step behind. She was replaying the fight over and over in her head, trying to recall every detail of the Nightmare's attacks.

She did not make much conversation when they went out of the Residential Area or even on the road connecting their headquarters and the city. The most noise she made was kicking a stray pebble in her path.

Items: Suitcase (acquired new Radio and cellphone)

When they reached HQ, Seda headed straight for the main area where the technicians normally worked instead of following Duo to the infirmary. "Evening, guys," she nodded, yawning visibly. "Has anyone seen a suitcase? Kinda big and bulky, black with a few scratches on it?" she asked. They nodded and pointed to a table against one wall of the room. Seda spotted her trusty suitcase sitting right under it.

"Thanks, you guys," she murmured, rubbing her eyes to help her stay awake. As she bent down to retrieve it, she felt some pain shoot up her left arm and winced. "Dammit. I have to get this thing checked by the night-shift medics," she told herself. She turned to the nearest tech. "Hey, can I put in a request for a vehicle?"

"Of course, Miss Seda," he replied, grabbing a form and a pen from his desk and placing it in front of her. As she began filling it up, he was reading it already. "... Are you sure, Miss? Normally they request for nice Hondas Civics or SVUs or even the occasional Prius." He raised an eyebrow and Seda shrugged, signing her signature at the bottom.

"I'm sure," Seda said with a smirk. "I would also like to request some communication equipment." She paused and tried to remember where she had misplaced her Guardian Radio. The last place she remembered was at Karn's house. "But I'm not going back there anytime soon," she muttered, yawning.

"What was that?"

"Nothing, nothing," she replied, waving it off. "Anyway. One Guardian Radio, one cellphone for me." The tech nodded and placed the items she requested in front of her. "Thanks. I'm off then, you guys have fun on the night shift." She lugged her suitcase out of the main room and down the hallway, making her way towards the Infirmary.

She entered quietly, so as not to disturb the others inside. "Hey," she said to a medic. "Think you can patch this up?" she asked, holding out her injured and bandaged arm. The medic nodded and began gathering the items needed.

Seda sat down near another treatment area and watched as the medic turned around with cotton balls and antiseptic. "But it may sting a little," the medic remarked, causing Seda to groan inwardly as the medic approached with the intimidatingly huge bottle of antiseptic...

A little bit later...

"The medic was wrong. It didn't sting a little. It stung A LOT," she thought to herself as she scrubbed herself clean in the Infirmary's bathroom. "But at least it wasn't as painful as before." She was glad for the stitches, as they held together even after a rough night out on the town plus the fight she had just been through. She turned on the hot water to wash away all the soap and shampoo, thinking about the fight as steam filled the bathroom.

Once she was clean enough, she dried herself with a fluffy towel, still trying to piece together the events of the fight, hoping it would lead her to some kind of conclusion about the Vagrant's real motives. He wanted to destroy that Guardians, that was clear enough. But how? And with whom?

"Ugh, I'll think about this tomorrow," she remarked, pulling on an oversized t-shirt and shorts to serve as her sleeping attire for the night. "For now, I need to get some sleep." She stepped out of the bathroom barefoot, carrying her clothes from the day before and stuffing them into a plastic bag. "Take care of my laundry, check my mail, write something in that log that Piers set up, training with Vid" she murmured to herself as she picked out a bed and lay down on it. "Got a lot of things to get done tomorrow..."

She lay on her side, careful not to put any weight on her left arm. "Gotta... Get a lot of stuff done..." She muttered as her eyelids began feeling heavier. "But nevermind that... Seda sleep first." A few seconds later and she was out like a light, curled up on the Infirmary bed.
    Last edited by Talli; 10-21-2009 at 02:42 AM. Reason: Added travel details

Not knowing where I'm going; but I know where I've been...

Senior Member Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-21-2010 05:14 PM
    Threads

Items: Sword handle

Ika looked around then sank into the floor back to his apartment, he needed to see if his guest was up yet. Though he highly doubted it, the man was beat pretty hard.

Ika was back on the floor at his apartment, he started meditating, it was the only way he could be anywhere near sleep without hearing Kage's voice. it's the only time he is ever peace at mind.

Never Give In, Never Give up.

Crazy Personified janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee has a reputation beyond repute janajee's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Gifts Ouran Patch Manekineko
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-30-2011 09:55 AM
    Threads

OOC: Was wondering if I could make it morning already? Since everyone is um, sort of asleep, so why don't I kick-start this morning?

Role: Unrevealed
    Items: Tracking Bracelet

SEAN'S POV

Now this is what I call a gloomy day.

Even though it's already morning, the sky is dark, the rain is falling, and I'm surrounded by dead people. Now this dreary-ness is just beautifully perfect. Though I've been mobile most of the night, I'm thinking I have enough strength to explore the waking world for but another day.

Using my shadows to form an umbrella to keep the rain away, I walk towards Oakwood High School. Interesting, should I maybe spend the next few hours... playing... with high school students in broad daylight?

I check my blood lust...

My antics last night have satisfied me enough to reconsider the outing, as I've already seemed to have enough of the killing but then something still seems to be missing.

Shaking my head, I decide that maybe I'll just watch some prospective playmate and if I still feel like there's something missing, then we'll play.

And we'll play until I'm satisfied.

(OOC: Good morning everyone! Hahaha)
    ---
    "They called me mad, I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me." -Nathaniel Lee
    ---

---
    Being crazy only means I'm smarter than you
    ---

Trojan.FlyStudio.I i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Prinny Favorite
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-10-2012 03:53 AM
    Threads

Default The Vortex Plot

THE VORTEX PLOT

OOC: This is it guys! I'll be posting some stuff in the OOC about it. BTW, this is gonna be a looong post.

Harue
    Role: Guardian (Trainee)
    Items: Paperwork, Info Log

Harue has been drowning himself in more paperwork ever since last night. He reckoned it was the only way to take his mind off the migraine from the other night’s drunken escapade. He’s a bad drunk, meaning he’s the kind that remembers every event in multi-color detail, every humiliating (but hilarious) memory brought about by the wonders of liquor. And now, it was safe to say that he’s got the worst luck in blackjack… or bingo... or poker… or twister… TWISTER… oh my goodness. What a horrible experience! And Drunk Twister…? How were they able to convince him to play that? Everyone’s bodies were touching each other, their alcohol-tinged laughter brushing against their faces.

“I must be really drunk.” Harue shivered. It was the first time he drank this much. He was laughing. He hasn’t laughed for a long time. Sure, he was in a drunken stupor, but he was laughing nonetheless. Harue smiled as he started to recall. Miss Seda gets really rowdy when she’s drunk. I mean, she’s already loud when normal, but her voice gains a few extra decibels under the influence.

“She’s also a horrible singer,” Harue stifled a giggle. Duo’s smile gets wider, if that’s even possible, and he recounts ALL and EVERY story about his life, his past loves (a lot o_o), his patrons in the pharmacy, his pet monkey, how he got King, his favorite food, his favorite cards, his childhood, his first training… phfew. And Karn.. Karn actually looks like a “drunk friend” rather than a “scary boss”. It’s funny how he looked all serious when he asked if he’s feeling woozy. “Whosh drunk..? I’m not drunk.. Geeroffme.”

His reverie was interrupted with a new report that came in from the Guardian Central Intelligence. It was sent over to the Info Log, with the report classified as: HIGH PRIORITY.

MISSING IN ACTION: RIO HANAYUME

“Strange,” Harue looked over the files. “Why is this mission ranked as “High Priority”? Rio Hanayume is a beginner Guardian with no accomplished missions, no captured Nightmares. She hasn’t even filed her Personal Nightmare Assessment Report. It’s supposed to be a must for every rookie.”

Harue remembers his PNAR. For beginner Guardians, it’s compulsory to fight your Nightmare every month to ensure it is tame. As time pass and your control over your Nightmare increases, the PNARs are reduced. You gain status as a full-pledged Guardian when you‘ve defeated your Nightmare 12 times in a row. Three more fights and he’s ready to shed the “Trainee” status and become a Guardian himself. But he’s not rushing. He’s still got a lot to learn.

Rio Hanayume has been a Guardian for 2 years, it says in her file, but she has no indicated PNARS under her. There weren’t even details of trainings or scout reports. Harue logged on through the central database of the Guardians and searched for the name “Hanayume, Rio”.

“A humanoid Nightmare, inducted by a Delta Sector Guardian, Vierra Lamfetti. Hm… It doesn’t even say if she was a Feral or a Vagrant. Let’s see if we can find out more.” Harue opened a new window and typed in a command. Several words flickered on and off the screen, patching passwords with online Guardians until it found a match. He typed a few more commands, mirrored identities and created false programs.

“Ping.” Harue smiled as the hack was complete. Now he has a high-ranking password to open Rio’s files and find—
    [/COLOR]

RESTRICTED | FILE CLASSIFIED UNDER CENTRAL INTELLIGENCE JURISDICTION | ACCESS DENIED

Harue repeated the hack with other passwords but to no avail. The info was guarded and it would take more than a password to crack it. But the fact that a rookie’s file was restricted was truly bizarre. Usually, low-level Guardians have nothing but PNAR results and minor Nightmare encounters. So why was this file so heavily guarded?

Harue stood up and printed out Rio’s report. He buzzed everyone on the Guardian Radio and said, “Uhm, to all Guardians, an MIA Report has been filed for one of our comrades. And it’s a bit… odd. I think we should discuss it.”

OOC: BTW, My apologies if this comes off a bit awkward.. I mean, the Guardians' last posts were all of them sleeping, and here I am and they have to wake up.. Hehe. This post was already typed out beforehand, so I have to apologize for that. Do describe the Guardians waking up/some other activities before interacting with Harue's Radio call.

++

Nerisa
    Role: Feral
    Items: Keys, Bag

“Burnin’ the midnight oil, aye?” An old man greeted Nerisa as she was about to close her door.

“Gramps!” Nerisa said in shock. “You scared me, old man!” She half-sighed, half-laughed, bending over to grab the keys she dropped with the disquiet. “And I even tried my best to tone down my creaky door, sheesh! Thought you were still asleep.”

“You din use to be so jumpy. Aint that right, Reginald?” Mr. Tracey asked the golden retriever sitting nobly by his side. It agreed with a shuffle of his nose.

“So your name’s Reginald, now, huh?” Nerisa patted the dog’s head, “Yesterday it was Franco Mulliopolis the Third.” Nerisa took out a stray biscuit from her bag and fed it to him. Mr. Tracey reprimanded Reginald about sweets.

Nerisa laughed. The landlord’s a bit kooky, true, and the apartment is almost run-down, evident in its aging creaks and splinters. But Nerisa loves this place. It has that aura of mystery that came only with age.

“Been comin’ in late too. Reginald was keeping guard last night, he was.”

“Oh were you, boy?” Nerisa rubbed the dog’s ears and nuzzled his face.

“Young thing like you shunt be out in the streets at night. There be things in the night, that shunt be dabblin with.”

Nerisa shifted her foot. Things in the night, huh? She remembered the encounter she had only a few nights before. About the guy who carries around large metal pointy things and the attempted mugging in the slums… And that other guy… Who reminded her of—

She shook her head. “Oh you know, it’s just the usual job, Gramps. I’ve been finding out… things. I think it might lead somewhere… some place I know I can never turn back from once I take a peek. But you know me. I can’t leave it alone.” She laughed, realizing she was mostly just ranting to herself, “You know what that feels like? The devil and the deep blue sea?”

“Oh the devil! Dun get me started with that ol’ son of a gun. When I was about eight years and eleven months, I beat him in an all or nothing game of 20 questions. Can’t read my mind, that scallywag. Never can.”

Nerisa smirked at the comment and chatted with Mr. Tracey until he decided it was time for Reginald’s morning walk. Mr. Tracey pulled the dog’s leash to direct him outside but the canine refused to budge.

“What’s this, Reginald? Why—“ Mr Tracey’s eyes fell on the overcast sky. Reginald whined as if to say “See?”

“Ah, look at that sky.” he nodded. “You should stay indoors, Nerisa? From what’s look like, it’ll be a downpour soon.”

Nerisa stared at the heavy clouds looming over the sky and can't help but feel a small shiver of dread. “Naw, Gramps. Destiny won’t sit this one out. Neither will I.”

“Well, bring an umbrella, child!” Mr. Tracey shouted as Nerisa made her way out of the building. She gave the old man a salute. He may get his dog’s name wrong, but he has always remembered mine.

“Hey Tallon, I’m taking a leave today.” Nerisa said amiably, holding her phone to her ear as she made her way to the bus stop. “Yeah, I’m sick. Kah, kah, sniff. See? I think it’s the weather. Have you looked outside?0 Haha, right. Huff. You know you can’t fire me, you love me too much. Haha. Yeah, yeah. See you tomorrow.” Nerisa hung up her phone and rummaged around her bag for her notebook.

It was the boon of her day, for she had to force out this address from Lloyd yesterday (which wasn’t too hard. The guy was absolutely easy to terrify). She figured the easiest way to get info about what’s going on is to take things one bullet point at a time, lest the elusive knowledge hear her approach and disappear. She can see it now. It’s just beyond her grasp. And she’ll start it off with Miss Landy Norrett of Gallica St.

“The devil can’t read minds,” Nerisa decided, “but I’m almost certain he reads the news.”

She braced herself as the rain started to pour.

++

Gill
    Location: Residential – West, near Broken Clocktower (Apartment)
    Role: Watcher (?)
    Items: None

Open your eyes, Gilly. Time to get up, Gilly. Watch.

The soft peltering of rain woke Gill up like a whisper. He shot up from a bed, and was greeted by a well-ventilated space, cheap home décor and the smell of familiarity. He was back in his apartment. For a second, he almost though that everything that happened from the last few days was nothing more but a by-product of late night t.v. and stale oreos. But no, his body was still covered in bruises, in wounds. Reality is harsh.

Still, he seemed fine. Unwashed plates aside, he was back home.

Home? HAHA. Not home. No.

“W-who’s speaking?!”

Nobody, nobody but you.

It was taunting, jeering, laughing. Gill’s head felt like his skull is splitting right in the very middle. A huge crack is evident in his brain, Gill was sure he can feel it. Under the crack a new “thing” is pushing out.

He ignored the headache as wind from the growing rain outside. A week-old mantle of dust coated the face of his windowsill; his supposed-to-be dinner from a number of nights ago stunk in the kitchen.

The last thing he remembered, Jace was heading out of his run-down house somewhere in the slums. It seemed like ages ago. There was a wild Nightmare with mirror-like powers talking to him. His encounter with that nightmare must’ve triggered something to wake at the back of his mind, and now, he’s not sure if his mind is still his.

Gill shook at the thought.

When Jace decided to leave him alone in the house once again, he reckoned something happened. A lot of things have happened… yet nothing really did. He can’t even remember making his way here.

Gill walked around the tiny room when he noticed the answering machine was beeping, full of messages he knew would be from his sister.

“You have 74 messages.”

*Beep* “Hello? Gill? Your boss said you didn’t come to work today so I’m calling to check if you’re alright. Call me back when you’re free.”

Gill sighed at the message. Always the paranoid.

*Beep* “Hey Gilly, It’s me again. I’ve been trying to call you but there was no re—“

Gill pushed the button to erase it.

*Beep* “Where are you, Gill? Pick up if you’re there—”

*Beep* “Gill. Pick up pick up pick up—“

*Beep* “Pick up pick up pick up—“

*Beep* “Gill, I don’t apprec—“

*Beep* “Hel—“

*Beep*
    Find the twelve pGILL! If you don’t friggin answer the phone ri—”

Gill froze at the last message. Before the Nerisa’s message started, there was something different. A different voice, a male voice. And it sounded like his voice. He played the message back and shivered.

It was his voice… It was a message from the Watcher in him.

He scrambled at the answering machine and pressed the buttons with shaking fingers, intent on producing anything else, any clue of some sort, any other information that was left behind. Find the twelve? Which twelve? Twelve people? Twelve places? Twelve bottles of rum? WHAT?? And the message was cut off. Damn you, Ner, he cursed quietly. What does it mean?

He gave up and slammed the phone down. He rubbed his forehead in dismay. He couldn’t take it anymore. Everything around him reeks of annoying complication. He wished he could just—

Gill paused. A smudge of black stained his fingers from where he touched his forehead. He rubbed it again to be sure. True enough, there was something written on his head.

A mirror! I need a freaking mirror! He rummaged through drawers and cabinets frantically but couldn’t find one. A few helpless seconds passed until he remembered the mirror hanging on the bathroom wall. Gill rushed to the bathroom in haste. The mirror was dirty. While searching for a rag to wipe it with, a cap of a black marker pen showed itself taped to the side of the sink.

No matter how hard Gill scrubbed it, the reflection on the mirror barely registered due to the extensive peeling of the silver paint. Mildew covered its edges, cracked chips were apparent. Still, it was as clear as day. Written on his forehead in black erasable marker are the letters:

I T S F T H S T U P I D

++

Madeleine
    Items: Notebook, Crayon

I think I must leave now. It’s coming…

“What’s coming?”

Upheaval… I can feel it.

“But I don’t want to leave. People are nice to me here. They don’t hurt me.”

Auntie and Uncle were nice to me at first too, remember? Especially when Mom was still around. They’re waiting. Waiting for me to do something wrong. Waiting for me to be alone.

“…I’m scared of them.”

I’m scared of them… That’s why I must leave.

“How about Big Sis? Big Sis will look for me. She’ll get worried.”

Yes. But she will find me. Big Sis is smart. She’ll find me and fulfill her promise.

“Yes… Our promise binds us together.”

Let’s go.

“Where will I go?”

I don’t know yet.

“What will we do? What will we eat?”

Hm… Maybe ‘he’ will help me. He said he would.

“He scares me sometimes, though. He always wants something. Always playing tricks.”

I like tricks. It makes me laugh.

“Okay let’s go…”

“…”

“Big sis will come, won’t she?”

Yes she will. Trust her.

“I trust her.”
    Last edited by i_say_sabotage; 10-21-2009 at 01:11 PM. Reason: added a few OOC's

It is hard to say there is a reason for being anywhere
    Even if you retrace your steps

Planeswalker Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Playing Cards
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Jace

Jace woke slowly. More slowly then normal. His eyes felt heavy and he wanted nothing more then to return to his dream. Return to where it was safe and warm. Back to it all. But he couldn't; he knew he couldn't. The more he tried the more he failed. Then everything came to him. The beating, the fight, his hands. With that he raised one to his head. The wounds on it were healed. In fact any wound on it was gone. Even his elbow. He knew why. It was that black skin. His very hands were a raven black colour. Glossy to look at. He let them fall on his face and he felt the scabs of the wounds there. But what disturbed him more was the cold yet soft feel of his skin now. It was unnerving. They seemed to be the result of high syncing with Thanatos. But he couldn't feel him right now. That thought was a slight release in what was a feeling to be a strange day. To feel freee of Thanatos for just a while.

Slowly he sat up. He came round to realise he wasn't at the slums and was in fact somewhere he didn't even know. He slowly looked around. It was someone elses room. He was hesident to move right now. That realisation hit him hard in and in anger stood up out of the bed. He turned to the covers and ripped them into strips. He then wrappped his arms so all the black was covered. He did want someone seeing that. It would be a bit much to have to explain. He wnated to leave that out. It was better to say it was a infection. That also provided an accuse for the sheets.

As he wrapped he looked up to the window. He could see his reflectiuon on the glass and it shocked him to see. It was stranage how much he had changed. No longer a child. The dream had put him into a thinking mood and he walked up to the window as he tied up the last strip. It was raining but he opened it anyways. The wind blew in and he felt the hairs on his skin rise. The rain trickled in slightly. He decided to sit on the edge. One leg hanging out, the other proped on top. He took a deep refreshing breath. It was peaceful without Thanatos. A strange peace. His dream lingered in his mind and could hear a song from long ago that match his mood. Needing to just clear his voice once he began to sing.

The words were clear, even over the wind. His voice perfect, even when sore. His mood reflected, even when he hid it. It was weird to think what could have been if nightmares hadn't existed. But the words flowed out. One after another. Through the building and into the street, his voice echoed. It was his mothers gift to him. To be born was a voice that could do so much. Just like her.

"I recall one summer's night
    Within the month of June
    Flowers in mahogany hair
    And smell the earth in bloom
    Only such a melody
    Comes without a sound
    More than faintly heard by those
    Who know what they have found
    Now it's just a memory

Silently we wander
    Into this void of consequence
    My shade will always haunt her
    But she will be my guiding light

Silently we wander
    In search of truth and confidence
    So many hopes were lost here
    Along the way from morning to night"
    "I don't need to have the perfect plan. My foe just has to have an imperfect one." Jace Beleren

Building Castles Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Ambulance
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-22-2013 01:06 AM
    Threads

Location- The park
    Status- Morning
    Role- Feral
    Items- Bag, cat

Landy lazily blinked her eyes open. There was a pattering on her face that wouldn't let her sleep.

She looked around. She was asleep in one of the swings in the park. She was drenched through in rain.

She reached inside her bag for her phone, only to find Miss Noir curled up inside, avoiding the rain in her water-proof purse. Miss Noir glared at her angrily and with great worry as Landy reached around the fluffy cat to get her phone.

The clock on her phone read 7:46. She had probably fallen asleep around 2 am so she had been asleep almost a good six hours.

For some reason, though, she felt unsettled inside. She felt in her bones that something was terribly wrong.

She got Miss Noir out of her bag and raced down the street to the bus stop. Normally she would walk but the feeling in her bones compelled her to move quickly.

When she arrived at bus stop 3, there was already another woman waiting there. Miss Noir hurriedly cleaned herself as Landy shook what water she could from her soaked frame.

She realized she was still in her pajamas and a cold wind was picking up. Her soaked cloak didn't provide her any protection, nor did her cold leather combat boots.

As she stood shivering in the cold rain, the feeling in Landy's bones seemed to intensify. She remembered that she would have to talk to Piers about what had happened last night.

Landy retrieved her phone again and texted Piers. She typed 'we need to talk ASAP about certain things where/when can i meet you?' before sending the message to a hopefully awake Dr.

Landy checked the time again before putting her phone away. The feeling reared powerfully as the bus rounded the corner and came down the street.
    Last edited by Red&Stiletto; 10-21-2009 at 06:52 PM.
    samba bamba, llama momma.

need a new set, feel free to offer. :3

Senior Member Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli has a reputation beyond repute Talli's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Green Tea
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

(OOC: Guardians, please check your log. I really did have Seda post something there. )

Items: Radio, cellphone, bag of used clothes

Seda was awakened by the sound of raindrops tapping against the window. "Morning already?" she murmured, groggily pulling herself into a sitting position on the bed. She rubbed her eyes and smoothed down her bedhead hair, nodding at the few medics who were awake this early in the morning. She rolled off the bed, kneeling down to pull out a set of clean clothes for the day. Using the same bathroom from last night, she performed her morning ritual and slipped on her outfit of choice. Standard denim jeans in black, a white t-shirt and a black jacket to go over it. She pulled on her boots and snapped her Radio onto the waistband and slipped her cellphone in her pocket.

With her used clothes in a plastic bag in her arms, she made her way downstairs, walking past the tired night shift techs who were just turning in and the still sleepy but more awake techs of the morning shift. She reached the utility area, which had washing machines and other appliances for the people who were living in HQ. After stuffing her clothes into a free machine, she looked around for something to do. It was only then that she realized that she had only been asleep for a few hours before waking up. She wondered if thinking about all the things she had to do today and somehow forced her body to wake up before it was ready. Yawning, she spotted something across the room. Sitting on the counter meant for clean clothes to be sorted was a nice little coffee machine.

"Perfect," she said with a smile and walked over to the machine before grabbing an extra large paper cup and pouring herself some coffee. Cup in hand, she walked back to her machine, leaning against it and sipping her coffee in silence, the only other noise being the rumbling of the washing machines. Suddenly, the Radio on her hip buzzed to life.

“Uhm, to all Guardians, an MIA Report has been filed for one of our comrades. And it’s a bit… odd. I think we should discuss it.”

She tried to place the voice that came over the Radio, racking her brain. "Oh, that kid!" she said, realization dawning. "Harue, was it?" Seda also remembered that she had to write something in the Guardians' Information Log and walked briskly out of the room, up the stairs and onto the main floor. After asking a passing tech where she could find the log, she arrived there quickly, still sipping her coffee.

"Wow," Seda breathed when she saw the setup, letting out a low whistle. "Nice. Very nice," she said. She saw Harue sitting in front of the log and waved at him in greeting. "Morning, kid. What'd you find for us?" she asked. Walking over to the main log, she sat down on a chair next to Harue, spinning it around experimentally.

"I know your news is serious and I hate to take you away from your work but I really need to write something in the log." She gently nudged his chair just a little bit out of the way, recalling that the boy was not fond of human contact. Setting down her cup of coffee next to the keyboard, she pulled up the log report screen and began typing, her fingers flying over the keyboard. She was determined to have this log finished before the rest of the Guardians came into the room and their discussion of the MIA Report began.
    Last edited by Talli; 10-21-2009 at 08:34 PM.

Senior Member Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai has a reputation beyond repute Keisai's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Items: Sword handle

Ika opened his eyes. Looked around and saw it was morning. He sat up and looked around a bit. Something stopped him."Is that singing." He looked around and walked to his bed room. to see the man sitting in the window singing.
    So you are awake. Ikazuchi said as he pulled on his coat and tossed the man some new cloths at his feet. "Get dressed or your wounds wont be the only thing people are standing at awe at."
    He Laughed a little then turned away to put some break feast on.

Junior Member ddemetrius456 is on a distinguished road ddemetrius456's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-24-2011 01:01 AM
    Threads

Wow that's a pretty informative post and really impressive thinking.I like the presentation and your style of writing.The informations are really helpful for the newbies and for me also.

Thankssssssssssssssss...................Keep posting cont................

Senior Member Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde has a reputation beyond repute Cross Avantgarde's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

The crackling of the radio startled Piers from his deep sleep. He sat up instinctively, and immediately regretted it. The pain from his burns shot through his body, and his shoulder was aching, too. Harue’s message was strange; what did he mean? This wasn’t good…it probably meant official MIA status was given to the Guardians who were supposed to arrive at this HQ.

Piers slowly got out of bed and went to the bathroom to brush his teeth and fix his hair. The patch on his face and those on his chest weren’t ready to come off just yet. He returned to the aerie and got dressed. Where was Harue, anyway? He’d said something about an MIA report on a fellow Guardian, so he was probably near the computers on the main floor where those files were kept. Stopping to get coffee on his way down, he brushed the hair from his eyes and descended to the main floor.

Upon arriving, he saw Seda typing away busily on the log. “Look forward to reading that, Seda,” Piers said smiling, “because everyone was wondering what was keeping you and Duo out so late.” He was genuinely looking forward to reading about her experiences, and he knew Karn had mentioned writing in the log as well. This would certainly keep them all informed of leads, clues, hints, and potential threats from encountered nightmares.

Spotting Harue standing near Seda, Piers spoke to him next. “Morning, Harue. I’m glad you wanted to see everyone, because I think after your briefing we might need to hold a meeting, and you know how hard it is to get Guardians in one place.” He laughed a little at that, but was interrupted by a text on his phone.

It was Landy. Something had clearly happened, and she wanted to speak about it ASAP. Piers texted back quickly, “N a meetng but we can tlk at the Tberry whn I get out. I wil txt u when I get out.” He was a little worried; what had happened? At least she was okay; that was a bit of a relief. But it still seemed that she was worried, and that bothered him. Had Sigataph made a move?

He took a sip of his coffee, wondering where Karn, Duo, and Ikazuchi were. “Melinda should be here, too,” Piers said to himself. He walked over to a tech and said, “Hey, I’m not sure where Melinda slept during the night, so will you find her and kindly ask her to join us down here? Thanks.”

Trojan.FlyStudio.I i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Prinny Favorite
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Harue
    Items: Guardian radio, MIA report

"Morning, kid. What'd you find for us?" she asked. Walking over to the main log, she sat down on a chair next to Harue, spinning it around experimentally.

"Uh, Good Morni--" Harue replied shyly as Seda greeted him in her usual brusque manner.

"I know your news is serious and I hate to take you away from your work but I really need to write something in the log." She gently nudged his chair just a little bit out of the way, recalling that the boy was not fond of human contact.

"Yes, well, it's not really 'that' serious," Harue started to explain, instinctively dodging any contact of skin from Seda. "It's just a little weird for an MIA report."

Just then, Piers entered the room. Harue noted that he was just as Piers was, calm, unruffled, even when... injured?

"Good morning, Sir Piers... what happened to your face? And your arm?" Harue wondered with sincere worry, inwardly cringing at the soft dot of blood forming on some of the bandages. "How did you get your injuries?"

“Morning, Harue. I’m glad you wanted to see everyone, because I think after your briefing we might need to hold a meeting, and you know how hard it is to get Guardians in one place.”

Harue laughed with him. "It's quite true. I havent been on many meetings lately. I think I'm finding my place with paperwork and the Info Log."

With Piers busy on his cell phone and Seda furiously typing on the keyboard, Harue was left dabbling with the awkward silence between them. He quietly pawed at the lint forming on his shirt. Socializing with his fellow Guardians wasn't his best ability and for a small passing second, he wished he was just drunk again.

++

Nerisa
    Items: Bag, notebook

It had began to rain and Nerisa was thankful for the umbrella Mr Tracey reminded her to bring. The cold wind blew its hardest, but Nerisa imagined herself laughing at its face. After all, she never goes anywhere without her trusty orange vest.

She was writing up a couple of interview questions in her notebook when a girl came running round from the park, drenched from cold and rain. A black cat puffed its body up and shivered, consciously cleaning her fur with giant licks and glomps.

Nerisa glanced at the girl in her pajama-combat boot-cloak combo and noticed her thin frame shake with the cold. She looks tired and troubled, and try as she may to shrug it off as one of those "teenage-on-crack-or-I-had-a-fight-with-my-boyfriend" scenarios, the girl didn't seem to fit the profile.

Aw, I really shouldn't. Nerisa tried to talk her way out of taking the jacket off. It's my favorite vest! she said. It's friggin cold! she said. SHE WEARS A FRIGGIN CLOAK! Who wears a cloak at this day and age? Even the word 'cloak' should be considered unholy! she argued. But nothing good ever really came out of arguing with herself once her mind is set. And it obviously was. She had already unhooked the sleeves of the great orange glory long before the argument was over.

"Here." she said in a small but sincere voice. The orange vest was draped over her arm, thrusted to the girl's direction.

She looked at her with instant bewilderment.

"Please just take the darn jacket, Miss," Nerisa said with a laugh. "It'll make everything easier than the contrary. What's the contrary you ask? Well, it would involve duct tape and rope. Also lots and lots of horribly angled pictures. Not pretty."

The bus rolled in as she said this and Nerisa mentally begged the girl to take the jacket now for the sake of her sanity and friggin world peace.
    Last edited by i_say_sabotage; 10-22-2009 at 10:12 AM.

Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Playing Cards
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Jace

Jace stared at the apparent owner and maybe his 'saviour' from the slums. He slowed his song till he felt right to stop and looked at the man with a puzzled glint in his eyes. It was a starnge person that asked no questions about those they had taken in. A stranger yet person who offer up things without hesitation. Jace found himself smiling to himself. This man was either too trusting or an idiot. Perfect for hiding out for a moment then. Just till he felt better. Before the man left Jace spoke softly, quietly, and quite summisive. All the things he wasn't.
    "You shouldn't waste things like that." He picked up the shirt the man had dropped down for him. Pulling it on he found it a bit too big but he liked to that way anyways. "In the slum everything has a use."

Jace got off the ledge and closed the window behind him. He had already fixed his persona he would play while with this person. Till he got bored, was ready or Thanatos returned he would wait here.
    "Some questions." He voice fell timid, "Your name? And what am I doing here?"

Karn
    Role: Guardian?

Karn woke far faster then he wanted to. In fact it felt like he hadn't slept at all. He could have swore his head had only just hit the pillow. he stood up and walked across his room without even needing to tell Gray what to do. He found himself showered and with some fresh clothes on before he even realised what it was that woke him. As he did so he didn't really think how it all work with Gray on him like it was but logic didn't really apply to Nightmares sometimes. In fact he wasn't too sure what woke him too. But he walked out and to the kitchens to find something to fill his belly.

As he was fumbling about with some toast in the kitchens a tech came up to him.
    "Err sir. Ain't you meant to be in the computer room with the others?"
    "What you mean?" Karn muttered between a mouth full of toast.
    "Well that new guardian summoned everyone didn't he. Said it was important. It a rare day you are all together."
    "Yea I know. But important eh? I guess I better go"
    Karn picked up his remaining toast and made a move to get to the computer room. He could here the tech behind him laugh slightly and Karn couldn't help but smile too.

He walked in with a bit of toast in his mouth tring to avoid getting the butter and crums on his shirt.
    "What's the call then?" He siad just through the food.
    Last edited by Valkarma; 10-23-2009 at 11:25 AM.

Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Green Tea
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Items: Guardian Radio, cellphone, large paper cup of coffee

“Look forward to reading that, Seda,” Piers said smiling, “because everyone was wondering what was keeping you and Duo out so late.”

Seda let out a chuckle. "Well, it sure wasn't the alcohol this time around," she replied, not taking her eyes off the screen. She bit her lower lip as she recalled the bits and pieces of information she had gathered from the two fights she had experienced recently: the Vagrant who attacked HQ and the one she and Duo had encountered in the Residential Area. She paused for a moment and decided to take a small break to help refresh her memory.

Picking up her coffee cup, she crossed one leg over the other and spun around in her chair to speak with Piers. "Now what have you been up to..." She trailed off when she saw a patch on his face and a bit of bandage on his chest sticking out from under his shirt and nearly dropped her coffee. "Nevermind. What the hell happened to you, man?" "And what did we miss while we were walking back from Karn's?" She rubbed her head, brow furrowed in confusion.

"The Log, Seda. Don't forget the Log," she reminded herself. She spun in her chair and took another long sip of her coffee, plunking the paper cup down hard and almost spilling the liquid inside. "Come on, come on," she muttered to herself as she read over her report, trying to spot things that needed more details. After a few more keystrokes and a final once-over, she leaned back in the chair, a satisfied smirk on her face. "That should do it." She saved her report and let out a sigh of relief just in time to hear Harue talking about what she considered her archenemy: Paperwork.

"It's quite true. I haven't been on many meetings lately. I think I'm finding my place with paperwork and the Info Log."

"Paperwork," Seda growled, narrowing her eyes at the memories of being buried in paperwork during her earlier times as a Guardian. Spinning around again, she faced the two men, particularly Harue. "Paperwork." If one could look closely, they would have seen a little vein under her eye twitching as she spoke.

"Oh God," she groaned, rolling her eyes and resting her right elbow on the armrest, swishing the coffee around in its cup. "How I despise paperwork. Get it done in triplicate, use a typewriter and not hand-written, take this form and bring down to the main floor then bring it back there to get stamped and then back down to the main floor," she rattled off a list of paperwork-related commands that she had heard many many times when she had to fill out paperwork, the pitch and speed increasing as she went along. "Then there's the Equipment form, the Vehicle form, the Request form. Hell, there's probably a form for just getting more forms! The Form form!"

She stopped, realizing that she had gone into an angry (albeit amusing) rant about her nemesis, and took a deep breath through clenched teeth to calm herself down. "But that's just me," she said, settling back into her chair. "At least you can handle it, Squirt," she said to Harue, testing out a new nickname. "As you can see, Paperwork and I aren't on friendly terms," she said with a laugh and a wink.

"What's the call then?" He said just through the food.

Seda looked up when Karn walked in and blinked at the sight of the more senior Guardian talking with his mouth full and stiffled a giggle by raising her coffee cup to her lips and masking the sound. "The surprises just keep on coming, don't they?" she murmured into her cup as she took a sip. She recalled when she had first met the Guardian, he was all-business, very serious and although she did not hold a grudge, they had exchanged some... Colorful insults. The shift from that Karn to this smiling man with food stuffed in his mouth was a little unsettling. "And a little creepy..."
    Last edited by Talli; 10-22-2009 at 11:18 AM.

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Harue and Seda were both puzzled over his wounds, and he had almost forgotten how noticeable the patches were. “Well,” he began, speaking to both of them while putting his cell phone back in his pocket, “I met up with our old friend who invaded HQ. Turns out he’s named Jace. We traded recipes and had polite conversation about current events, of course,” he joked, making a long euphemism out of his encounter with Jace.

“Things got worse when another nightmare, Sigataph, showed up. Ironically, this nightmare belonged to a good friend of mine, and…”

He was about to finish and then ask Seda what she and Duo had gone through as he was eager to find out, but Karn’s voice interrupted him. Piers laughed as he saw him stuffing his face. Karn seemed more cheerful since he’d regained the ability to walk with Gray’s help. It was strange, sure enough, and unprecedented, but it was amazing and beneficial all at the same time.

“Not even food keeps you from running your mouth,” Piers said, brushing the hair from his eyes. He placed the coffee on the shelf near the log, then crossed his arms and reclined against the counter near the log. Raising his right foot and placing it against the counter he was leaning against, he wondered where Duo, Ikazuchi, and Melinda were.

“Seems Harue has a concern over one of the MIA reports,” he said to Karn. He felt guilty that they’d yet to send out a search party, but they had no info to go off of and everyone had practically ventured out to different parts of town with no sight of the other Guardians. Piers would keep his eyes out for them as he looked for Madeleine.

“Also, it’s not a bad idea to get some regrouping and planning done when everyone gets here,” he added, reaching over to his coffee and taking a long drink. “Also…I’m glad everyone’s safe. I thank God for that, especially seeing as how so many of us are bumping into nightmares of a higher caliber on a daily basis. I don’t want to have anyone here get hurt, or worse…except for Karn. He’s disposable,” Piers joked, taking another drink of his coffee. Karn certainly seemed to be in higher spirits, but Piers knew for sure that all it would truly take to lift him up would be Amber’s presence.

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Items: Sword Handle

Ika smiled as the food cooked on the stove. "My Name is not important, you are in my house. You were, what looked like to be robbed and beaten, so i brought you here. Now sit down breakfast is almost ready." he continued to work on the food. ignoring any other questions he might of had. He knew what was going on but, decided not to let in.

The lazy demon kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame has a reputation beyond repute kei of the flame's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-06-2014 11:30 PM
    Threads

Items: Cell phone, Guardian Radio

Duo woke up noticing he was still in the chair. "Wow I must have been tired."

Duo got up and went into his "room" sat his radio and phone on the bathroom

counter and got in the shower. "It feels good to be able to take one of

these." As Duo showered he heard Harue on the radio.

“Uhm, to all Guardians, an MIA Report has been filed for one of our comrades. And it’s a bit… odd. I think we should discuss it.”

"Well that cuts my shower short..." Duo said getting out of the shower. He

dried off and put on some jeans and some socks. "I can't find a shirt for

nothing! Well I better get up there before I miss something." Duo ran to the

computer room. Hearing the end of the conversation.

"What's the call then?" He said just through the food.
    "The surprises just keep on coming, don't they?"
    “Also…I’m glad everyone’s safe. I thank God for that, especially seeing as how so many of us are bumping into nightmares of a higher caliber on a daily basis. I don’t want to have anyone here get hurt, or worse…except for Karn. He’s disposable,”

"I've tried to get rid of Karn many times but he just won't go." Duo wsaid

walking in laughing a little. "I would ask what happened to you Piers but you

are probably tired of explaining. I'll read it when you put it in the log." Duo

then turned to Harue. "I haven't seen you lately rookie, where have you

been?" Duo then looked over to Seda. "Good morning Lady anger." He said in

a joking manner.

I MADE IT.

Quotes: To be a man you must have honor and a penis (Shin-chan)

Dark catgirl artist Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa's Avatar
    Gil
    Sneaky
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-16-2013 01:38 PM
    i am usealy lurking somewhere or being sneaky. use the pm button if you wish to reach me.
    Threads

Role:
    Items: tracking bracelet

Melinda woke up and yawned as a tech came into her room "oh your awake, piers wants to talk to you". She nodded and sat up and suddenly winced "what the.."she winced again, her eyes glazed over like she had a vision but were clear in a second again. melinda frowned she had a headache and the vision had passed by to fast to tell what she saw. The tech looked at her "are you alright" he aproached and kneeled before her, melinda winced again and looked at him "i am having visions...but they are passing by to fast to tell what i saw". She groaned "and it gives me a headache". Melinda felt her stomach spin around because of the headach "i think i gotta puke.." the tech left her grabbed a buckett from the bathroom and gave it to her "hold on to this, i am getting piers". He walked out of the room als the spinning of melinda's stomach became to much and she puked while her eyes kept glazing over and clearing up.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

pm me for a free avatar or signature

Nespa's advise for newbie's: don't add someone's msn adress without asking them.
    my sigworks sig sets my wallpapers

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Piers laughed at Duo’s comment, thinking simultaneously about how chipper everyone appeared to be. Even Seda’s harangue about paperwork was laced with humor, and he laughed in retrospect at that. Wait…why was Duo not wearing a shirt? A tech suddenly came in and interrupted his thoughts. Melinda was feeling sick, and he asked Piers to go see her.

“I’m coming,” he said to the tech. “And, when you get a second, will you fetch me a jacket? I know I’m pushing my luck losing all these jackets, but if you don’ t mind, I’d like to get another one.” The tech shook his head while walking off, and Piers gave everyone a brief look to tell them, implicitly, that he’d be back shortly, hopefully with Melinda in tow.

Piers hurried to her room and found her leaning over a small waste bucket. “Melinda? Hey…are you okay?”

He knelt down beside her and sincerely worried that perhaps taking her out of HQ might not be such a good idea. “Melinda, be honest…are you well enough to come with me? I’m having my doubts. And who knows what the other Guardians will think. You’re the only Watcher we have, and honestly, Watcher or not, none of us want to see your condition worsen.” He waited, wondering if her nausea had passed. Even if it had, how long would it stay down? He placed his right hand on her back, feeling both helpless and responsible for the strain that had been placed on her. If she wasn’t up to it, there was no way he’d beg her to go with him.

“Why don’t you come out to the main floor with me? Do you feel like it? Maybe being around everyone…for once…will make you feel better.” Piers doubted it, but it was worth a try.

Senior Member Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Grey Ribbon Silver Ribbon L Laptop
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-30-2013 08:48 AM
    Threads

Role:
    Items: Nothing.

Aiden shivered.
    And that was when Aiden realized he was no longer home.
    He shouldn't be shivering because it should be warm and cozy in his bed. Logically, he can't be home anymore. Dust filled the air, along with an odd pungent smell. He felt sand under his fingers, and there's the rumbling of waves crashing on some shore. He must be on a beach?
    He had woken up some time ago already. Aiden was at that moment of consciousness between waking up and opening your eyes. And he didn't want to open them. He was too scared to see what he'd see. Not knowing is better. At least for a while...
    After what felt like an hour he braced himself for a look.
    A pair of blank eyes stared back.
    "GUAH!" He jumped. His heart stopped and leapt. Aiden landed on his back, his arm protectively against his chest.
    The eyes belonged to a dead dog. It died lying on its side, black fur matted with blood, jaws open. Flies gathered on the large gash on its side.
    A scream caught in his throat, Aiden crawled backwards in fear, like a victim struggling away from a murderer. Until he touched something behind him that made him stop.
    Another bloody, white dog.
    He leapt to his feet. His mind quickly registered that he was indeed on a beach, but he was all alone with the dead dogs (there were three). Flies and some birds already began to gather around them. Far away on the other side, was a small building. It was his best chance. He ran towards it, screaming.
    "Help! Help!"

He had thanked his personal god when he realized it was a police station. But the police sent him home. They thought Aiden was just a run away. And they dismissed his dead dogs story, saying they'll get rid of the coyote or wolf or whatever it was that had come down from the forest and hunted things on the beach. It would be normal for this kind of environment, they reasoned.
    "Aiden! Have you been sleep walking again?" His mother had jokingly exclaimed at the presence of the officers. She thanked them and offered them cookies which they politely refused. After some kind exchanges they told her to take care of Aiden and left. Then her expression changed drastically.
    "Really, you make it hard for me! You have got to stop going out at night! What will I tell your father if you were found mangled up somewhere? And didn't I tell you that..."
    Why don't you believe that I don't even try to go out at night? I'm scared of the dark. Aiden wanted to say, but kept quiet. It was, after all, the third time he had woken up somewhere. And around the same area too. It wasn't surprising anymore.

After an hour or two, his mother realized her throat hurt from half-shouting and caged Aiden into his room. He held a pack of ice against his temple. Mother had hit him with a spatula and it was turning an interesting shade of blue. The police can't help him. His mother can't help him. Well, someone out there should be able to. Aiden sat against his bedroom window and watched rain drops tap lightly against the glass. Someone... someone should be able to help me...

Tap... tap... tap tap... tap tap tap tap tap

Last edited by Solsaiden Hel; 10-24-2009 at 12:39 AM.

Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Green Tea
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Items: Guardian Radio, cellphone, large cup of coffee

When Piers mentioned the attack on HQ, Seda's eyebrows shot up and she felt some anger bubbling up inside of her before calming herself down. "Ah, really now? Did you at least get his number so we can invite him around for tea and crumpets?" she asked, packing quite a bit of sarcasm into her statement. Sipping her coffee, she thought about the attack on HQ and now she had a name to tie to the face. "Jace, eh?" she thought. "Hm. No, I still prefer Grim Reaper Junior. 'Jace' is not nearly crazy enough."

"Good morning Lady anger." He said in a joking manner.

She had heard Duo walk in and speak to the others but had not turned to look at him. "Well, good morning to you too, Sunshine," she greeted and turned in her chair. For the second time this morning, she was caught by surprise by the appearance of a co-worker. Although... She had to admit that she thought this was a much more welcome sight compared to Karn with food crammed in his mouth. She blinked and raised an eyebrow. "Y'know, I wonder if this HQ has a good gym. I mean, with a body like THAT, he must work out quite a lot--" She froze. "SILENCE, SELF."

"If he gets to walk around here shirtless, I demand the right to put my feet up on this table and lean back in this chair!" she said loudly to snap herself out of her thoughts, uncrossing her legs and using her foot to roll her chair over to the table in the center of room.

"'Lady Anger' now, Sunshine?" she said, repeating the nickname she had just acquired. "How nice of you to notice." She stuck her tongue out at him, a playful smirk gracing her lips. When Piers left the room, she set her coffee cup on the table and crossed her legs again. "Since Piers is going to be back soon, who else are we waiting for?"
    Last edited by Talli; 10-23-2009 at 10:54 AM.

Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Prinny Favorite
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Harue
    Items: Guardian Radio, notes, MIA report

"Jace.." Harue's brows furrowed. So he's the Vagrant who attacked HQ, injured all of them and battled with Sir Piers recently. Why does it feel like this Nightmare begs to connect with the fates of the Guardians?

"And a new nightmare called "Sigataph", in par with Sir Piers' strength, possibly, to injure him.. Harue made a mental note. "Strong nightmares keep on appearing.." He added thoughtfully.

Just then, Sir Karn showed up. Crumbs were flitting through his mouth, a jolly aura exuded from him. He greeted everyone in a light manner and Harue can only stare at him in surprise. He quickly reminded himself that staring is not polite, though.

Ever since Karn's disappearance and injury, people around HQ have been noticing some changes with the once-strict Guardian. For the better, maybe..? Harue couldn't decide.

Duo followed soon after, with his usual smile and laid-back stance. He was wearing no shirt on and Harue had to look away awkwardly. He was just not comfortable with exposed skin, that's all.

"I haven't seen you lately rookie, where have you been?"

"Oh uh.." Harue said a little clumsily, "Around. I've been helping the techs ever since the HQ was attacked. I'm glad you're not as injured as Sir Piers, Duo." Harue used to call Duo, "sir" Duo, but the latter declined. In all sense, Duo didn't really seem like the 'sir' embodiment, even Harue had to agree.

The "Lady Anger" made Harue stifle a quiet giggle, he hoped Miss Seda didn't hear. The name suits her to an extent. But 'Lady Temper' sounds more like her. Or maybe "Lady Brash."

Piers went out for a quick exit and Seda asked,
    "Since Piers is going to be back soon, who else are we waiting for?"

Harue checked his recent notes and said, "Ikazuchi is a new Guardian dispatch from Psi Sector. He arrived yesterday, but I haven't met him yet. The techs informed me he helped Piers in a tight spot yesterday. He seems like a dependable comrade."
    Last edited by i_say_sabotage; 10-23-2009 at 10:17 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information