AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why DC is better than Marvel

Mavericker- nothing else Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-26-2009 05:44 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Why DC is better than Marvel

DC knows how to tell stories and draw people in without being over-the-top or offensive. Being gritty or hard-edged doesn't necessarily make a good, compelling story.
    Marvel resorts to copying DC a lot. They have Sentry, for example, a Superman knock-off.
    There's a certain degree of realism in DC and I happen to like the way DC approaches stories.

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

DC knows how to beat a dead horse, and nothing else.

Welcome back Yellow7.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Old and Cranky Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-17-2009 11:44 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Mavericker View Post
    DC knows how to tell stories and draw people in without being over-the-top or offensive. Being gritty or hard-edged doesn't necessarily make a good, compelling story.
    Marvel resorts to copying DC a lot. They have Sentry, for example, a Superman knock-off.
    There's a certain degree of realism in DC and I happen to like the way DC approaches stories.
    All comics have a sense of realism. Marvel took and made it less human to reflect human problems. DC took them in as human problems and made them more human. You have to remember Marvel and DC came out in different hard times of the world. And both reflect a better dark world. Marvel makes what the problems of our world more mutant and freakish to almost create a way to let people understand the issues we face as a society, but not deter people away from the problem. DC made it human to attract people.

I'll always love Marvel because you can pick and choose whom you like and I think they have a better storyline. But that is just my opinion.

Wedding is in October. And I'm going to be a dad. Super excited.

Senior Member Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Candlejack Xmas Bear2 Jack O Lantern
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-17-2011 12:09 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Also, they had Marvel Zombies, which was pretty darned entertaining for me.

Mavericker- nothing else Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

DC is all about straight-forward storytelling.

Old and Cranky Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

DC is all about straight-forward storytelling.
    And I love the more metaphorical of Marvel. It creates depth.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan_Project_2000 View Post
    DC knows how to beat a dead horse, and nothing else.

Welcome back Yellow7.
    I reported you for calling me that.

Anyway, Who is Supergirl? and Battle For the Cowl seem like fun reads.

I have yet to read Legion of Superboys.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

He wasn't insulting you nor being rude. He called you by a nickname. And anyways he is a mod.

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Anyway, Who is Supergirl? and Battle For the Cowl seem like fun reads.

I have yet to read Legion of Superboys.
    Protip: Nobody cares if anyone calls you Yellow7, Yellow7. All the pointless reports do is annoy the Misc Mods, who are looking for excuses to infraction you and close your threads anyway.

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Rem Nightfall View Post
    He wasn't insulting you nor being rude. He called you by a nickname. And anyways he is a mod.
    A nickname I find insulting.
    I'm not going to go off on people-I am playing it cool.

Protip: Nobody cares if anyone calls you Yellow7, Yellow7. All the pointless reports do is annoy the Misc Mods, who are looking for excuses to infraction you and close your threads anyway.
    My username is Mavericker.

Ace told me to report people.
    Last edited by Mavericker; 05-18-2009 at 01:50 AM.

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2014 03:53 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

Wow. Gone for a little while and still an idiot. Welcome back, you little fool.

Okay, speaking off knock-offs:

Superman is a knock-off Gladiator by Philip Wylie
    Marvel's X-men is a knock-off of DC's Doom Patrol
    The Green Lantern is a knock-off of Lensman by Edward E. Smith
    I could go on and on.

Please, most of the classic comics are some kind of knock-off of something else, so there's no point in choosing between Marvel and DC based on this.
    This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by wolfgirl90 View Post
    Wow. Gone for a little while and still an idiot. Welcome back, you little fool.

Okay, speaking off knock-offs:

Superman is a knock-off Gladiator by Philip Wylie
    Marvel's X-men is a knock-off of DC's Doom Patrol
    The Green Lantern is a knock-off of Lensman by Edward E. Smith
    I could go on and on.

Superman came first.
    Apollo and Supreme and Sentry are rip-offs of Superman.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

A nickname I find insulting.
    I'm not going to go off on people-I am playing it cool.
    I could see a nickname like Fool or Idiot as insulting. But calling you a name they know you by is ridiculous to even count as an insult.

Senior Member Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Candlejack Xmas Bear2 Jack O Lantern
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-17-2011 12:09 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Superman came first.
    Apollo and Supreme and Sentry are rip-offs of Superman.
    "Gladiator" was written in 1930. Superman was created in 1932.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Rem Nightfall View Post
    I could see a nickname like Fool or Idiot as insulting. But calling you a name they know you by is ridiculous to even count as an insult.
    I do not like nicknames.

Gladiator of the Imperial Guard came out in the '30s?
    Last edited by Mavericker; 05-17-2009 at 10:22 PM.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I do not like nicknames.
    Okay Mav.

And Heinek is correct Gladiator came first.

Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Superman came first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia - Gladiator (novel)
    Gladiator is an American science fiction novel first published in 1930 and written by Philip Wylie. The story concerns a scientist who invents a serum to "improve" humankind by granting the proportionate strength of an ant and the leaping ability of the grasshopper, both metaphors used to explain Superman's powers in the first comic of his series. He injects his pregnant wife with the serum and his son Hugo Danner is born with superhuman strength, speed, and bulletproof skin. Hugo spends much of the novel hiding his powers, rarely getting a chance to openly use them. The novel is widely assumed an inspiration for the character Superman,[1] though no confirmation exists that Superman creators Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster were influenced by it.[2]
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia - Superman
    Superman is a fictional character, a comic book superhero widely considered to be an American cultural icon.[1][2][3][4] Created by American writer Jerry Siegel and Canadian-born artist Joe Shuster in 1932 while both were living in Cleveland, Ohio, and sold to Detective Comics, Inc. in 1938, the character first appeared in Action Comics #1 (June 30, 1938) and subsequently appeared in various radio serials, television programs, films, newspaper strips, and video games.
    Yeah, that.

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yeah, that.
    I'm not talking about the novel.

Gladiator is a fictional character that appears in comic books published by Marvel Comics. The character first appeared in X-Men #107 (October 1977) and was created by writer Chris Claremont and artist Dave Cockrum.

I meant this Gladiator.

I just missed Justice League Unlimited.
    Last edited by Mavericker; 05-17-2009 at 10:51 PM.

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2014 03:53 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

I'm not talking about the novel.

Gladiator is a fictional character that appears in comic books published by Marvel Comics. The character first appeared in X-Men #107 (October 1977) and was created by writer Chris Claremont and artist Dave Cockrum.

I meant this Gladiator.

I just missed Justice League Unlimited.
    Okay, but I was not talking about that Gladiator (as you could have inferred by the more than 40 year gap between the creation of the two comics).

I was talking about the novel by Philip Wylie. That came before Superman, so Superman is basically a knock-off of Gladiator, as he basically had the same powers.
    This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by wolfgirl90 View Post
    Okay, but I was not talking about that Gladiator (as you could have inferred by the more than 40 year gap between the creation of the two comics).

I was talking about the novel by Philip Wylie. That came before Superman, so Superman is basically a knock-off of Gladiator, as he basically had the same powers.
    But that isn't a comic character.

DC comics-based shows are better than the Marvel ones.
    Last edited by Mavericker; 05-17-2009 at 11:05 PM.

SES Member Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD has a reputation beyond repute Ryuuzaki HD's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-19-2010 04:38 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 3815-8940-4087-6200

ill always like DC better for one reason Batman.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuuzaki HD View Post
    ill always like DC better for one reason Batman.
    Thank you. And I like Superman too.

Pegasus Saint Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya's Avatar
    Gil
    Asleep
    Gifts 025 - Pikachu Bleach Ichigo Mask 006 - Charizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-11-2015 08:58 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: MauPerU

does it hurt to type like that?

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Seiya View Post
    does it hurt to type like that?
    It's a filter.

I think Green Arrow is interesting.

Marvel does a lot of crappy things. Mutants are played out.
    Last edited by Mavericker; 05-18-2009 at 05:26 AM.

Trojan.FlyStudio.I i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage has a reputation beyond repute i_say_sabotage's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Prinny Favorite
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-10-2012 03:53 AM
    Threads

Wow. Everybody's Marvel... Somehow I feel left out.

I like DC (Vertigo mostly) cos I like being touched by characters I can somehow relate to... They're not cut-off-the-grind good people-heroes (or people suffering the indignity of protecting the very people who hate them:X-Men). I don't want to be a hero. I just want to be human.

Not saying I don't like Marvel. It's hard to choose, but I'd still pick DC cos it appeals to me more. I guess I'm not big on the whole superhero thing.

(I like DC/Vertigo mostly because of Sandman.)

It is hard to say there is a reason for being anywhere
    Even if you retrace your steps

Closed Thread

Thread Information