AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Recommendation/Request Thread. [Read the first post]

Junior Member Owls is on a distinguished road Owls's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-29-2010 01:52 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Re: Recommendation/Request Thread. [Read the first post]

So I'm not in anyway an avid anime watcher, but I figure I'll give it a bit more of a shot then I have in the past. I've only watched a few however, I've throughly enjoyed each and every one.

Full Metal Alchemist - Just found it amazingly innovative, and a great story overall. However towards the end I found myself getting a bit bored with it, and was glad it was over when it was.

Death Note - Simply amazing up until that halfway mark. After that it was still very very good though.

Bleach - Watched quite a bit of this, but it just seems to be getting more and more ridiculous as it goes, and I'm losing interest fast. The amount of fillers this anime has is ridiculous.

Cow Boy Beebop - Loved this one. Very short, but it was great.

I've been recommended things like Naruto (watched a very small amount, but couldn't stand the main character as well as many others), Inuyasha (never got into it at all), One Piece (really just couldn't get into it all).

So I'm wondering based on the anime's that I've enjoyed, what all would you guys recommend me trying to go check out?

Junior Member tuete-w is on a distinguished road tuete-w's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-03-2010 09:12 AM
    Threads

hey guys ...

im not a big anime fan and didnt watch many series or movies, mainly because i dont know what to watch ... i dont have the time to check out every anime there is, so here i am, hoping you can help me ...

im looking for a movie or a series which isnt made for kids ... it should contain good action scenes and a good plot, without those childish silly big eyes ... i guess waht im trying to say is, id like to watch some amines adults could enjoy ...

i recently watched escaflowne, sword of the stranger and afroSamurai, which i really liked ... oh and appleseed and ghost in the shell ...

i hope you can recommend something based on the informations given above

bye

Member Marius2000 has a reputation beyond repute Marius2000 has a reputation beyond repute Marius2000 has a reputation beyond repute Marius2000 has a reputation beyond repute Marius2000 has a reputation beyond repute Marius2000 has a reputation beyond repute Marius2000 has a reputation beyond repute Marius2000 has a reputation beyond repute Marius2000 has a reputation beyond repute Marius2000 has a reputation beyond repute Marius2000 has a reputation beyond repute Marius2000's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-18-2010 06:34 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Marius56789

hey guys ...

im not a big anime fan and didnt watch many series or movies, mainly because i dont know what to watch ... i dont have the time to check out every anime there is, so here i am, hoping you can help me ...

im looking for a movie or a series which isnt made for kids ... it should contain good action scenes and a good plot, without those childish silly big eyes ... i guess waht im trying to say is, id like to watch some amines adults could enjoy ...

i recently watched escaflowne, sword of the stranger and afroSamurai, which i really liked ... oh and appleseed and ghost in the shell ...

i hope you can recommend something based on the informations given above

bye
    If you want more mature material I would suggest

Monster- It is a psychological anime that deals with alot of mature themes including the darkness of the human psyche, the effects of severe emtional abuse, the ethics of experimenting on humans and revenge. If you want a mature plot with adult characters this is the one I would recomend the most.

Hellsing Ultimate- If you want something with more action, blood and gore then Hellsing is a good option. Again all the main characters are adults and while the plot is rather simple it has some great action and a great antihero main character.

Death Note- Its my favorite anime. It is a very good suspense filled anime with a lot of plot twists and great characters. I'm going to stop there because I am a DN fanboy and could write an entire page of reasons why its so good. Just watch it you won't regret it.

Kara no Kyōkai Garden of the Sinners- Has some of the most beautiful animation I have ever seen and the action sequences are just a visual feast. The plot of this set of OVAs can take a little while to figure out, but once you do it is really worth it. Garden of the Sinners' main focus is on violence and the consequences of murder, not legally but on a more emotional/philisophical level.

Other good stuff: Baccano, Darker than Black, Basilisk, Ninja Scrolls, Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal, Cowboy Bebop, Blood the Last Vampire (Not Blood+ it sucks), Vampire Hunter D, Berserk.
    That should get you started.
    Last edited by Marius2000; 09-06-2010 at 07:40 AM.

Junior Member Regice has much to be proud of Regice has much to be proud of Regice has much to be proud of Regice has much to be proud of Regice has much to be proud of Regice has much to be proud of Regice has much to be proud of Regice has much to be proud of Regice's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-20-2011 09:37 PM
    Threads

It crossed my mind that there are so many different genres and demograhpics to series, some take place in the future, the present, the past, but I've yet to find one that takes place in the era of the pilgrams, or even about the Pilgrims. So I ask is there an anime series that takes place around the time the Pilgrims arrived in the Americas or just about the Pilgrims?

Also, are there any pure racing animes? I know F-Zero is based off the video game and I do own a copy of eX-Driver (haven't watched it yet), but I haven't seen or heard of an anime that is solely about racing.
    Last edited by Regice; 09-08-2010 at 11:20 AM.

Junior Member gelfling9 is on a distinguished road gelfling9's Avatar
    Gil
    Devilish
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-02-2011 03:53 PM
    Threads

Hi all!

I've been casually interested in anime since someone introduced me to 'Akira' when I was at college (now some 20 years ago.....eeeppp!), I've just started collecting the Bleach box sets again (the first three box sets I had were sold due to lack of money) as I absolutely love the characters and really felt I bonded with them/missed them! Bleach to me is great story line with likeable characters and lots of good fun and fights in between...and not too silly! ><
    Others that I really like are
    Ghost in the Shell (movie)
    Samurai Champloo (though only seen a couple so far...)
    Death Note (after seeing the first two movies, want to start collecting the anime)

I am looking for recommendations based off this short list...(sorry)... I have dipped in and out of many others but not to such a degree that I would list them.
    Any recommendations welcome, please say why you think it's great and would prefer ones that I can build up a collection of.

Many thanks!

Junior Member drchronic is on a distinguished road drchronic's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-02-2010 05:44 PM
    Threads

Hi I am looking for some anime to watch, something violent.
    I liked: Hellsing Ultimate OVa's, Rin - Daughters of Mnemosyne, Afro Samurai, Darker than Black, Blood+, Death Note, Dance in the Vampire Bund, Canaan, Ghost in the Shell, Bleach etc. I just started Arigatou Witch Blade and I like it. As far as bloody anime I'd say I like Hellsing the best but I am kinda tired of vampire story's... It's gotten old with so many storylines going that route.

Senior Member TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-18-2014 10:13 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BishounenTao PSN ID: BishieShu XFIRE ID: snx21 Steam ID: BishieShu

Tegen Toppa Gurren Lagann

I think I've said this just about everywhere now.
    ざわ。。。ざわ
    MyAnimeList
    HummingBird
    Anilist

Junior Member gelfling9 is on a distinguished road gelfling9's Avatar
    Gil
    Devilish
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-02-2011 03:53 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by TomoyoSakagami View Post
    Tegen Toppa Gurren Lagann

I think I've said this just about everywhere now.
    Not sure if you were replying to me, but thanks for the tip! ^^ I only know of Yoko from the Volks 58cm Dollfie Dream Dolls (that are incredibly expensive), but I like her enough to check out some more!

Junior Member eveningninja is on a distinguished road eveningninja's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-12-2010 11:48 PM
    Threads

I'm looking for an anime to watch that is about music. I just watched Beck and that was awesome due to how much I can relate.

Any other animes that are for music lovers? (especially guitar if that is applicable)

Thanks.

Cute Member Uta-chan~ has a reputation beyond repute Uta-chan~ has a reputation beyond repute Uta-chan~ has a reputation beyond repute Uta-chan~ has a reputation beyond repute Uta-chan~ has a reputation beyond repute Uta-chan~ has a reputation beyond repute Uta-chan~ has a reputation beyond repute Uta-chan~ has a reputation beyond repute Uta-chan~ has a reputation beyond repute Uta-chan~ has a reputation beyond repute Uta-chan~ has a reputation beyond repute Uta-chan~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Gifts Heart Camera Dslr Venus Crystal Henshin Pen
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2012 04:45 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by eveningninja View Post
    I'm looking for an anime to watch that is about music. I just watched Beck and that was awesome due to how much I can relate.

Any other animes that are for music lovers? (especially guitar if that is applicable)

Thanks.
    La Corda D'Oro is a popular music anime, but it is more with classical music, using instruments such as the violin, piano, viola cello, flute and clarinet.

K-On! is another good one, this one focuses on the more popular, rock music and revolves around a girl who becomes an excellent guitarist. I think you would prefer this choice.
    Set by me.

☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆
    |Sigma★|
    |Kaitou$|Daken :'D|Neuko's Pokemon Trainer|
    |AF onii-chan: Jump_for_Luck||dark_butterfly's mommy|
    |Elphaba's Penguin|Proud daughter of Aleyna and Anuket|
    ~ ♥ ~

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Uta-chan View Post
    K-On! is another good one, this one focuses on the more popular, rock music and revolves around a girl who becomes an excellent guitarist. I think you would prefer this choice.
    Except that the music thing is just a shtick, and 99% of the time the focus is on a bunch of ditsy little girls eating cake.

Nodame Cantabile follows a piano and a violinist.
    Interstella555 is essentially a full-length-movie amv set to a Daft Punk record.
    All of the Macross series feature music as a plot element.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

boopaloop! TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer has a reputation beyond repute TheThunderBringer's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2012 08:46 PM
    Threads

I like Ergo Proxy...what do I watch.

"dude your user name is B.A! props! sounds like a stoner metal band *loves stoner metal*...i might steal it >.>"

-RaShayRitto

Junior Member eveningninja is on a distinguished road eveningninja's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-12-2010 11:48 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Uta-chan View Post
    La Corda D'Oro is a popular music anime, but it is more with classical music, using instruments such as the violin, piano, viola cello, flute and clarinet.

Quote Originally Posted by Gjallarhorn View Post
    Except that the music thing is just a shtick, and 99% of the time the focus is on a bunch of ditsy little girls eating cake.

Nodame Cantabile follows a piano and a violinist.
    Interstella555 is essentially a full-length-movie amv set to a Daft Punk record.
    All of the Macross series feature music as a plot element.
    Thanks guys, I am looking into those. I've started watching K-On! and while it definitely is a bit ditsy I still am enjoying it because I love music/bands so much, and I find it can be pretty funny at times =P

Member Liefe has a brilliant future Liefe has a brilliant future Liefe has a brilliant future Liefe has a brilliant future Liefe has a brilliant future Liefe has a brilliant future Liefe has a brilliant future Liefe has a brilliant future Liefe has a brilliant future Liefe has a brilliant future Liefe has a brilliant future Liefe's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Paint Palette
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-03-2011 01:49 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: lingl1ng

Unhappy Re: Recommendation/Request Thread. [Read the first post]

So, i need more anime to fufill my obsession!
    Some anime i have liked/like:
    - Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai
    - MM!
    - Sora no Otoshimono (and Forte)
    - Bleach
    - Naruto Shipuuden
    - Blood+
    - Code Geass
    - Death Note
    - Dance In the Vampire Bund
    - Rosario + vampire
    - Soul Eater
    - Fairy Tail
    (small list)

Does anyone have any suggestions on what i should also watch?
    im probably a full otaku, but i dont like watching anything with highly crappy animation.
    All suggestions welcome, even if i end up having seen it before hehe

Member Liefe has a brilliant future Liefe has a brilliant future Liefe has a brilliant future Liefe has a brilliant future Liefe has a brilliant future Liefe has a brilliant future Liefe has a brilliant future Liefe has a brilliant future Liefe has a brilliant future Liefe has a brilliant future Liefe has a brilliant future Liefe's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Paint Palette
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

bump bump

Senior Member AzuuKaBoom has a reputation beyond repute AzuuKaBoom has a reputation beyond repute AzuuKaBoom has a reputation beyond repute AzuuKaBoom has a reputation beyond repute AzuuKaBoom has a reputation beyond repute AzuuKaBoom has a reputation beyond repute AzuuKaBoom has a reputation beyond repute AzuuKaBoom has a reputation beyond repute AzuuKaBoom has a reputation beyond repute AzuuKaBoom has a reputation beyond repute AzuuKaBoom has a reputation beyond repute AzuuKaBoom's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts Binoculars
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-26-2010 08:23 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Xx LoN3 W01f x PSN ID: XxLoNeW01fx Steam ID: XxLoN3W01fx

I am in an anime mood =] Someone give me a new anime

I am looking for a comedy/Slice of life, could be a bit of romance there, could be shoujo ai orshounen
    Please Reply as soon as possible, If you really feel nice you can send it me in a personal Message =]

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Liefe View Post
    So, i need more anime to fufill my obsession!
    Some anime i have liked/like:
    - Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai
    - MM!
    - Sora no Otoshimono (and Forte)
    - Bleach
    - Naruto Shipuuden
    - Blood+
    - Code Geass
    - Death Note
    - Dance In the Vampire Bund
    - Rosario + vampire
    - Soul Eater
    - Fairy Tail
    (small list)

Does anyone have any suggestions on what i should also watch?
    im probably a full otaku, but i dont like watching anything with highly crappy animation.
    All suggestions welcome, even if i end up having seen it before hehe
    You might enjoy Vampire Knight =] Heres a quick description.

Plot Summary: Yuki's earliest memory is of a stormy night in winter, wherein she was attacked by a vampire... And then rescued by another. Now 10 years later, Yuki Cross, the adopted daughter of the headmaster of Cross Academy, has grown up and become a guardian of the vampire race, protecting her savior, Kaname, from discovery as he leads a group of vampires at the elite boarding school. But also at her side is Zero Kiryu, a childhood friend who’s hatred for the creatures that destroyed everything he held dear, is now determined never to trust them. This coexisting arrangement seems all well and good, but have the vampires truly renounced their murderous ways, or is there a darker truth behind their actions. Is Kaname's infatuation with Yuki the beginning of a forbidden romance, or is it something in her forgotten past that draws him to her. Because in this world of secrets, nothing is as it seems. And the price of misplaced trust may even be worse than death.

It is a comedy/Action/Drama/Romance and Supernatural
    Give it a try =] I'm sure you will like it x

Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Paint Palette
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

ach, but alas, i have seen both vampire knight, and vampire knight guilty :P, thanks for attempt though! not many good vampire animes around =\

Junior Member saumon has a spectacular aura about saumon has a spectacular aura about saumon's Avatar
    Gil
    Breezy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2010 09:12 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: phaco

Hi Hi everybody, I'm looking for new animes, mostly comedy,slice of life, school, ecchi or not, I don't mind, you can also recommend based on the other series I saw.

here's my list:
    Clannad
    Death Note
    To love ru
    rosario to vampire
    code geass
    My little sister can't be this cute
    fairy tail
    naruto
    bleach

that's about it, hope I can get some help^^

Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Paint Palette
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by saumon View Post
    Hi Hi everybody, I'm looking for new animes, mostly comedy,slice of life, school, ecchi or not, I don't mind, you can also recommend based on the other series I saw.

here's my list:
    Clannad
    Death Note
    To love ru
    rosario to vampire
    code geass
    My little sister can't be this cute
    fairy tail
    naruto
    bleach

that's about it, hope I can get some help^^
    sure you can try some of These (mainly based on what you seem to like):

- sekirei
    - seto no hanayome (this is crazy funny)
    - soul eater
    - zero no tsukaima

Member OokamiYokai has much to be proud of OokamiYokai has much to be proud of OokamiYokai has much to be proud of OokamiYokai has much to be proud of OokamiYokai has much to be proud of OokamiYokai has much to be proud of OokamiYokai has much to be proud of OokamiYokai has much to be proud of OokamiYokai's Avatar
    Gil
    Asleep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-24-2012 05:40 PM
    Threads

Hello! im looking for some new animes to watch. im interested in action, supernatural, adventure genres. any anime where you have ppl fighting along side demons, vs demons and ppl with supernatural powers. i dont mind if the series are short, but the more episodes the better also i dont like anything that has to do with mecha at all and nothing to dark. here is a list of animes i have enjoyed so far.
    Naruto
    Bleach
    Nurarihyon no mago
    Soul eater
    kekkaishi
    Kiba
    To aru majutsu no index
    D-grey man
    Shounen omnyoji
    Wagaya no onirarisama
    Inuyasha

Last edited by OokamiYokai; 11-24-2010 at 03:43 PM.

Junior Member Seper is on a distinguished road Seper's Avatar
    Gil
    Stuck
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2011 12:13 PM
    Threads

Hi im looking for anime rekommendations! Be it movies or series!

Series I've enjoyed so far, in no specific order;
    Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, NGE, FLCL, Deathnote, Ghost in the shell, FMA, Macross Frontier(been wanting to see Macoss plus also),
    and the Genius Partys/animatrix, and a few more that i probably forget....

Movies:
    Everything by Hayao Miyazaki (the living castle etc), mind game, Paprika, Akira

Anime I didnt like(I dont want to say that anything is bad, its just not my taste!):
    Naruto (I liked the first eposides, up until the fillers and i completely hated Shippuuden, although I stopped watching just recently) Bleach, Blood+ and I tried watching Kaiba and I liked it mostly, altough it was way too complicated!
    A few more here also, I just keep forgetting the names! And i dont think i would like One Piece or Dragonball.. Worth mentioning is that i tried to watch Ergo Proxy but lost concentration as i felt the series was 'trying to outsmart me', thus it made me feel stupid :<

The gengre doesent really matter, although I would love to expand my views and see maybe a something along the Romance genre? Its been mostly action so far, not that I'm complaining!

So as you can see its pretty much the basic stuff.. After looking around some on this forum i've seen alot of people talk about Code Geass and Gundam, are they something to recommend?

I prefer that the series have an ending, be it sad or happy! but there might be good ongoing animes that i've missed.

I hope that I'm not too picky, and that I havent offended anyone!
    Last edited by Seper; 11-30-2010 at 01:39 PM.

Junior Member maruu is on a distinguished road maruu's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-07-2010 03:06 PM
    Threads

Hello

I'm new, never really watched anime and i would like to start somewhere.
    first off I am looking more recommendations for movies than series'. If you know any series that I might like and that has a strong enough plot to hold through the episodes then you can recommend it.

here is some anime that i've already seen:
    tekkon kinkreet was visually nice and i loved the world where it all took place. i love miyazakis movies. i also love satoshi kon. especially paprika. if a movie is visually beautiful it might make up for a weaker plot.

What I'm looking for:
    1,forbidden love themed anime. gay and lesbian are good. what i most would like it to have is good plot.
    2,anime that kind of sends you to another world. maybe fantasy, maybe something else. these anime's are nice if they in addition to a good plot have also a strong visual aspect.
    3,comedy. any relationship thing for example.
    4,IM NOT LOOKING FOR: anime with a lot of fighting. i tried to watch bleach and I got bored because of all the battle.
    5, IM NOT LOOKING FOR: anything that i can only find dubbed. i prefer subs.

there are also movies that you dont have to recommend since they are on my list:
    the girl who leapt through time
    king of thorn
    summer wars
    origin
    ghost in the shell

also i read the 1st vol of death note and really liked it. im just wondering if i should read the manga first before watching the anime or the other way around?

MANY THANKS!
    Last edited by maruu; 12-08-2010 at 08:43 AM.

Junior Member Zebra is on a distinguished road Zebra's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-25-2010 06:51 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jonathan655

I'm actually looking for an anime to watch right now.

Some of the ones I like: Death Note, FMA, Naruto, Bleach, Blood +, Dragonball Z, Pokemon, Yu Gi Oh, etc

Genre: action Adventure, Mystery

Am looking for an anime that has a very interesting plot, that would keep you on the edge of your seat.

Junior Member socke is on a distinguished road socke's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-16-2010 01:27 PM
    Threads

hey guys, so i am new to anime but very curious. i've seen brief pieces but no full shows or episodes in the past that got me interested because of amazing voices and seemingly great character depth, fascinating settings etc... its really difficult to put in words and i know nothing of anime or manga to put things into perspective. what i am looking for is the feeling of getting captivated instantly by the atmosphere and not being able to let go.

i kind of like ghost in the shell, i liked the live-action movie version of casshern
    i dislike schoolgirl settings like sailor moon

i prefer epic settings, something futuristic or apocalyptic maybe
    i am not in the mood for romantic, sad or melancholic pieces

i realize im not giving you guys much to work with here, but then again: go nuts and delve into your details knowledge

thanks so much for any hints.

Aggressively stupid Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Kawaiislice Alice Pocket Watch
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-09-2024 10:36 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by socke View Post
    i prefer epic settings, something futuristic or apocalyptic maybe
    i am not in the mood for romantic, sad or melancholic pieces
    I'd recommend you Shaman King, it's not really futuristic, but it's got a great setting, and lots of action, no fillers and a good storyline. It's an old anime though, so we know that tehre isn't going to be a sequel. It's about a boy, named Yoh, who has to become Shaman King, to stop Hao, an evil reincarnation of Lord Hao, who almost destructed all humans in the past.
    If you need any other tips, just ask me.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information