AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Our Quest

The Poet Sword Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-28-2019 05:06 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Our Quest

The emotion is at a bend
    The island in a storm
    Where tumult light is parasite
    To the end of the world

Deeper into caverns,
    Filled with malachite
    Golden green light beams,
    Into our everlasting fight

We return stronger than before
    And raise our holy blades,
    'Cause shadows cast on hollow masses
    Into the end of days

Where the armies set in line
    The black sun starts to set,
    When we travel back in time
    To make catastrophes forget

We search out the mighty sword
    One for all and all for one,
    We send the darkness falling
    Into the everlasting sun

And as we rest from our battle
    A thousand points of light
    Guide us to our ends,
    As we've sacrificed ourselves-

~For what is right.

Perhaps the world was never meant to make perfect sense.

Isolated ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR's Avatar
    Gil
    Suspicious
    Gifts Kawaii Ice Cream Cone
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-07-2016 12:12 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Some of the lines were confusing, like when you where you were saying 'Where tumult light is parasite' are you meaning that you'll find parasite near a light? A few of the lines as well look like they are missing words that might make the lines more understandable. I like how you used bigger words to show what you mean though. Keep writing, friend.
    I am no more a rose than I am its thorns.
    No more a gentle breeze than I am the hailing storm.
    I am no more hated than I am loved.
    And I am no more heartfilled than I am heartless.
    This is who I am.
    ~ELR

The Poet Sword Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blackwick View Post
    Some of the lines were confusing, like when you where you were saying 'Where tumult light is parasite' are you meaning that you'll find parasite near a light? A few of the lines as well look like they are missing words that might make the lines more understandable. I like how you used bigger words to show what you mean though. Keep writing, friend.
    I was actually emulating a lot of the shortness I find in a lot of the poems I see around here.

Tumult is a word for dark and dreary I believe, calling it parasite is inference on how it could affect someone. Drain you of your cheeriness, no?

Another thing I tried to do was see if people could make their own connections. I'm generally very detailed when it comes to things like poetry and RPing and always make sure that my writing makes sense. In this case you have to open your mind a little and see what connections you can make.

After all, there isn't only one way to go about poetry, is there?

I could try and go stanza by stanza and point out what I was thinking initially, but that would take the fun out of deciphering it for your self.

Isolated ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR has a reputation beyond repute ELR's Avatar
    Gil
    Suspicious
    Gifts Kawaii Ice Cream Cone
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-07-2016 12:12 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

That makes better since then, and who needs cheeriness when you have truth?
    Oh, I see it now, like short little stories inside of one large book, I'm I correct?
    And if you would have given me the connections behind it then I would have been sad trying to figure it out by myself, that is the only way to learn how to interpret things.
    I am no more a rose than I am its thorns.
    No more a gentle breeze than I am the hailing storm.
    I am no more hated than I am loved.
    And I am no more heartfilled than I am heartless.
    This is who I am.
    ~ELR

Gil
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blackwick View Post
    That makes better since then, and who needs cheeriness when you have truth?
    Oh, I see it now, like short little stories inside of one large book, I'm I correct?
    And if you would have given me the connections behind it then I would have been sad trying to figure it out by myself, that is the only way to learn how to interpret things.
    Could be. It was my idea that together it tells a story, and yet, it could be just that.

And sometimes the truth can bring cheeriness. Yet, there is too little that is entirely true, and it's a difficult process proving it so. Knowledge doesn't always mean truth.

But thank you for taking the time to run this through your brain, it's much appreciated. =D

つき *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts 001 - Bulbasaur Cowboy Hat Dr Who Tardis
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2021 04:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsanosuke View Post
    The emotion is at a bend
    The island in a storm
    Where tumult light is parasite
    To the end of the world

Deeper into caverns,
    Filled with malachite
    Golden green light beams,
    Into our everlasting fight

We return stronger than before
    And raise our holy blades,
    'Cause shadows cast on hollow masses
    Into the end of days

Where the armies set in line
    The black sun starts to set,
    When we travel back in time
    To make catastrophes forget

We search out the mighty sword
    One for all and all for one,
    We send the darkness falling
    Into the everlasting sun

And as we rest from our battle
    A thousand points of light
    Guide us to our ends,
    As we've sacrificed ourselves-

~For what is right.
    huh . . . I had to read it three times before I could really come up with anything . . . that didn't sound like an idiot wrote it (although I think I've failed already).

Onto the poem. . . It is different. There could be lots of ways to interpret the words, but as I read it, I saw people gathering from different places in the world, all searching for a weapon that will conquer anything. But, they find that the darkness takes them all down, no matter how hard they try (The darkness being death). So, they all ban together, and notice that being together gives them strength rather than being against each other. And with each other's help they can conquer even the darkness by creating more life, bringing light into their own lives. . . until the very end. . . or, at least that's what I saw.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information