AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com


User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
Results 226 to 250 of 381

Thread: Gay Marriage Legalized in Iowa

  1. #226
    4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    101,951.98
    Gender
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Tau Ceti V
    Age
    30
    Threads
    617
    Posts
    19,697
    Blog Entries
    620
    Rep Power
    14762

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Capernicus View Post
    This doesn't even make sense. Why are you quoting statistics for single parents? If gays are going to get married...then they won't be single parents. I'm confused, perhaps I missed your point.
    It is marginally relevant, in that it illustrates how your family home has some degree of effect on your life. It doesn't say anything about whether homosexual parents are better or worse than heterosexual parents, but it gives the question merit.

    It should also be noted though, that virtually everyone who is raised by a single parent has been through some sort of trauma related to this, either a break-up or the death of a parent. Besides the bisection of the time spent with the child, the circumstances that led you to have a single parent is also bound to have some sort of effect.
    Last edited by Eris; 05-09-2009 at 09:39 AM.



    Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

  2. #227
    SOS Brigade NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime's Avatar
    Gil
    129,346.04
    Gender
    Gifts 039 - Jigglypuff 007 - Squirtle Maserati
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-25-2017 10:23 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Weisendorf, Germany
    Age
    27
    Threads
    81
    Posts
    667
    Rep Power
    801
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Broly3k8 Steam ID: NorthOfTime

    Default

    Hey i was born in Iowa!
    Formally Broly3k8.
    New Country, new life. Living it one day at a time. Beer and food are where my heart is.

  3. #228
    Senior Member Mitchyru has a reputation beyond repute Mitchyru has a reputation beyond repute Mitchyru has a reputation beyond repute Mitchyru has a reputation beyond repute Mitchyru has a reputation beyond repute Mitchyru has a reputation beyond repute Mitchyru has a reputation beyond repute Mitchyru has a reputation beyond repute Mitchyru has a reputation beyond repute Mitchyru has a reputation beyond repute Mitchyru has a reputation beyond repute Mitchyru's Avatar
    Gil
    3,060.00
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-03-2009 08:29 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Threads
    11
    Posts
    153
    Rep Power
    204

    Default

    This is getting to be a joyous time to be alive. Watching states one by one open their eyes to true love.
    SPARE A CLICK, PLEASE? c:



  4. #229
    Senior Member Taikutsu_Remedy has a reputation beyond repute Taikutsu_Remedy has a reputation beyond repute Taikutsu_Remedy has a reputation beyond repute Taikutsu_Remedy has a reputation beyond repute Taikutsu_Remedy has a reputation beyond repute Taikutsu_Remedy has a reputation beyond repute Taikutsu_Remedy has a reputation beyond repute Taikutsu_Remedy has a reputation beyond repute Taikutsu_Remedy has a reputation beyond repute Taikutsu_Remedy has a reputation beyond repute Taikutsu_Remedy has a reputation beyond repute Taikutsu_Remedy's Avatar
    Gil
    2,360.00
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-12-2009 09:38 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Threads
    5
    Posts
    118
    Rep Power
    217

    Default

    This is most excellent news! Gay people should not be happy until they have the right to be miserable!

    On more serious notes though; this is most definitely a good thing. Viewing this from the perspective of a law student, it is important that gay couples be granted equivalent legal status as married couples, especially in areas of law such as property and inheritance.

    Personally, I'm less concerned with whether gay couples are allowed to be married, or if an equivalent term such as Civil Union is created for them. So long as they enjoy equal legal rights as married couples, I'm happy.
    === TaikutsuRemedy.blogspot.com Click on it...AND READ IT! ===

  5. #230
    Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    5,051.85
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Central Coast, California.
    Age
    23
    Threads
    185
    Posts
    5,807
    Blog Entries
    78
    Rep Power
    7313

    Default

    wowzabunny you don't know anything about anything, so I suggest that you stay out of this debate and not take up post space. So what if they can't breed? What's your point?

  6. #231
    Moderator / Chat Admin Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein's Avatar
    Gil
    611.70
    Gender
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-06-2013 05:06 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Threads
    58
    Posts
    764
    Rep Power
    348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarred DNA View Post
    That's because a significant percentage of those single-parents live in poverty, and possess a low level of education. Low-SES families face social stressors on both the micro and macro level, and this results in difficulties in raising their children. Besides living in violent neighbourhoods, children in such families . . .
    My personal story is actually one of remarkable success against pretty much all the odds you outlined, with the exception of the fact that I did still have semi-regular contact with my Father after my parents were divorced.

    The point is that there's no conclusive evidence one way or the other if a SSM couple's household will tend to produce children with similar or even completely different coping problems since they are both "irregular" ways of raising children.

    For example, an obvious prediction would be a disproportionately large number of children with confused, uninformed or heavily biased ideas about one gender due to a lack of- or over- exposure to only one side.

    The cynical side of me wants to suggest that homosexual couples are already committed to removing themselves from the gene pool and the responsibilities of raising a family even though I've already stated that I support equal rights and I stand by it. However, it is important to understand that there are legitimate concerns about the adoption issue which go beyond discrimination and anti-homosexual sentiment.

    Anime Forum's First Generation



    Quality Since 1999

  7. #232
    Senior Member TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk!'s Avatar
    Gender
    My Mood
    Daring
    Gifts Globe Belle Floppy
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-03-2017 03:17 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    TheAsterism!
    Age
    27
    Threads
    39
    Posts
    2,040
    Blog Entries
    41
    Rep Power
    1571
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Parugin

    Smile Yeah, yeah, "Yay, Iowa!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
    Wow. Never expected THAT to happen.
    Why, exactly? Enlighten me, but try not to set yourself up for a trap.
    It's a little unnerving how it has to go slowly, state by state, rather than federal. A marriage shouldn't be null if you go on vacation to the next state over just because it isn't legal there. *sigh*
    It doesn't, and the federal Constitution says as much. (I'll just paraphrase since I don't have a copy handy.) Documents issued in one state are due full faith and credit in all the other states, meaning they're still valid. It's the same reason you don't need a driver's license for each state you travel through. As mundane as that example is, the same holds true for marriage licenses.

    By the way, I'm surprised everyone assumed Progressivism is to blame, even though it may well be. Progressivism is one idea of controlling morality through the state, but "gay is good" just happens to be a part of Progressive morality. (They also love PC speech, so I despise them for wanting to suppress my normally crass nature.) Progressives actively promote homosexuality while social conservatives suppress it.
    It's philosophically possible (though much less likely- most everyone's a busybody) they're classical liberals, whose approach is more "Who cares?" That's my attitude: unless you're denying others' rights or just going insane, knock yourself out. I don't hate homosexuals any more than I hate the general filthy mass of humanity.
    Additionally, why is California supposed to be so Progressive? Is it, really? I know LA and San Francisco are, but what about the rest of the state? Could someone knowledgeable fill me in, please?

    By the way, I really liked the OP's insinuation that the Midwest is a cultural wasteland filled with rednecks who look down on those they who live unlike them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wio
    Last time I checked, love doesn't have an asterisk with "limit 1 per customer" at the bottom either.
    Wio's right, actually. I applied for the position once, only to be told that the associated wanted ad was a prank.
    Last edited by TheAsterisk!; 05-11-2009 at 04:17 AM. Reason: I was interrupted by the lowest of dogs.

  8. #233
    LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    280.30
    Gender
    My Mood
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 10:49 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    somwhere in Cali
    Age
    29
    Threads
    266
    Posts
    6,089
    Blog Entries
    450
    Rep Power
    9083
    Gamer IDs

    Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheAsterisk! View Post
    Why, exactly? Enlighten me, but try not to set yourself up for a trap.

    It doesn't, and the federal Constitution says as much. (I'll just paraphrase since I don't have a copy handy.) Documents issued in one state are due full faith and credit in all the other states, meaning they're still valid. It's the same reason you don't need a driver's license for each state you travel through. As mundane as that example is, the same holds true for marriage licenses.

    By the way, I'm surprised everyone assumed Progressivism is to blame, even though it may well be. Progressivism is one idea of controlling morality through the state, but "gay is good" just happens to be a part of Progressive morality. Progressives actively promote homosexuality while social conservatives suppress it.
    It's philosophically possible (though much less likely- most everyone's a busybody) they're classical liberals, whose approach is more "Who cares?" That's my attitude: unless you're denying others' rights or just going insane, knock yourself out. I don't hate homosexuals any more than I hate the general filthy mass of humanity.
    Additionally, why is California supposed to be so Progressive? Is it, really? I know LA and San Francisco are, but what about the rest of the state? Could someone knowledgeable fill me in, please?

    By the way, I really liked the OP's insinuation that the Midwest is a cultural wasteland filled with rednecks who look down on those they who live unlike them.
    I really like how you decide to come into this thread and be a jerk to pretty much everybody.

    From what I have heard about the midwest, it is mostly full of farmlands and filled with religious and conservative people. This is why I was so surprised. However, I realize that I know nothing about what it is really like and my post may have been misinformed. You could have only pointed this out without being a huge arse. Why don't you enlighten us, then, on what the midwest is really about, hmm?


    Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.


  9. #234
    Senior Member TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk!'s Avatar
    Gender
    My Mood
    Daring
    Gifts Globe Belle Floppy
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-03-2017 03:17 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    TheAsterism!
    Age
    27
    Threads
    39
    Posts
    2,040
    Blog Entries
    41
    Rep Power
    1571
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Parugin

    Thumbs up Is blind regional hatred still acceptable outside of sporting events?

    Quote Originally Posted by Capernicus View Post
    I really like how you decide to come into this thread and be a jerk to pretty much everybody.
    Hello, I'm TheAsterisk! Have we met?
    From what I have heard about the midwest, it is mostly full of farmlands and filled with religious and conservative people. This is why I was so surprised. However, I realize that I know nothing about what it is really like and my post may have been misinformed. You could have only pointed this out without being a huge arse. Why don't you enlighten us, then, on what the midwest is really about, hmm?
    Uh-huh. Why didn't I explain it in more detail? I apparently gave too much credit to a consistent set of values wherein you make no assumptions based on ill-formed regional stereotypes that I mistakenly assumed, 'til now, most of the intelligent posters here did not cling to. Sorry; I'll be sure not to make that mistake again. From now on, I'll assume everyone has the Jar-Jar Binks Syndrome.
    Firstly, I didn't even quote you, and I pointed out plainly that since gay marriage infringes on nobody's rights I do in fact support it.
    Secondly, the ignorant farmland described are actually the Great Plains states. Kansas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, the Dakotas- those guys. The Midwest is made up of the old Northwest Territory from really early on in the US's history and a tiny little bit west of the Mississippi River, generally to the north- Illinois, Indiana, Ohio (sort of), Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Michigan (again- sort of), and, sometimes, Missouri. The only truly Bible-crazy piece of the Midwest is southern Indiana. They aren't the same at all, geographically or socially, and yet we are always lumped with the likes of Kansas and their imbecilic school board. As for the claim we're all conservative: dead wrong. Just dead wrong. Illinois reliably votes for Democrats, as does Wisconsin (mainly from Madison and Milwaukee- the rest of the state is pretty evenly split). Michigan ('cept the Upper Peninsula, which acts like northern Wisconsin) is more or less ruled by the UAW- take a wild guess as to their voting habits. Iowa, at least as of late, is reliably Democratic. I don't really know about the rest, but the stereotype has already fallen.
    Thirdly, my "Enlighten me..." remark was to point out that I'm sick of it being socially acceptable to take a big doodoo on the Midwest while trumpeting the glory of the coasts. I was hoping someone to respond with an unsubstantiated behavioral stereotype to illustrate my point, so thanks, I guess. "The Midwest is full of rednecks" is as asinine as "Californians all surf and smoke dope." They're both utter bullcrap, and I request that neither be used again unless supporting evidence can be supplied.
    Fourthly, Porgressivism is an insane totalitarian ideology that would have the government decide all. Read up on Teddy Roosevelt and, particularly, Woodrow Wilson to see some of the glory of Progressivism. Sedition acts are a popular Progressive policy, for example, wherein those who speak against the government can be jailed indefinitely. Wilson was particularly good at this. I, instead, pointed out another way to deal with the issue of gay marriage, from a classical liberal perspective where one strives to approach but not quite reach anarchy. The most popular way is to protect set rights and not bother with intervention unless those rights are infringed. Sorry if you can't stomach another political ideology. Next time I'll just post, "Yeah! Me too! Go Iowa! LOL! Those other states are evil!"
    Fifthly, I think my point about full faith and credit, which everyone else seemed to have forgotten or never known, was undeniably valuable.

    Claiming that the Midwest is the Great Plains because they're nearby to each other is analogous to claiming that India and Pakistan must get along just wonderfully because they're close, geographically, to one another.
    Moral of the story? Stereotypes are bad, even if they work to your advantage, and (second moral) I do not hold my tongue and you should never expect me to, no matter the topic. If it's a feel-good topic and you don't want dissenters or elaboration, please specify that in the original post, okay everybody?

    Man, I wish I'd known everyone was so jumpy.
    Last edited by TheAsterisk!; 05-11-2009 at 03:14 AM.

  10. #235
    LOVE glue gunnin Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen's Avatar
    Gil
    67,683.82
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-17-2010 12:46 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Age
    33
    Threads
    83
    Posts
    3,379
    AW Wallpapers
    2
    Rep Power
    1161
    Gamer IDs

    Wii Code: EWW THE WEE

    Default

    Yay. :]

    Maine just legalized it, too. Woohoo.

    Always good news.

  11. #236
    Ice Tea ninja wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny's Avatar
    Gil
    15.02
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-24-2010 05:00 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    23
    Threads
    19
    Posts
    1,090
    Rep Power
    496
    Gamer IDs

    Wii Code: 1234 5678 91011

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diocletian View Post
    wowzabunny you don't know anything about anything, so I suggest that you stay out of this debate and not take up post space. So what if they can't breed? What's your point?
    Well i might not be a pro at bioligy but two males cant produce off spring which is one of the main reasons of marridge yes? to start a family. have you seen two male lions paired? no. its unatural. soz if your gay. i (personal) dont think its right for people to be gay or lesbian (soz again, dont go all bananas) if you feel its right then i respect that , i can beleive in what i want to .
    Just Your Friendly Neighborhood Wowzabunny

  12. #237
    Senior Member Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana's Avatar
    Gil
    7,452.44
    Gender
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Gifts Candlejack Xmas Bear2 Jack O Lantern
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-17-2011 12:09 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    somewhere between summer and autumn
    Threads
    1
    Posts
    1,141
    Blog Entries
    418
    Rep Power
    1996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wowzabunny View Post
    Well i might not be a pro at bioligy but two males cant produce off spring which is one of the main reasons of marridge yes? to start a family. have you seen two male lions paired? no. its unatural. soz if your gay. i (personal) dont think its right for people to be gay or lesbian (soz again, dont go all bananas) if you feel its right then i respect that , i can beleive in what i want to .
    Sure you can, but... since when was one of the main points of marriage to produce children? Not to sound too sarcastic, but I'm pretty sure all of the married couples I know who gladly don't want kids should probably be informed of this, and since I had my first child before my ex-husband and I were legally married, did I do something wrong?

  13. #238
    Rising Falcon! Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Señor Nobody's Avatar
    Gil
    43,553.71
    Gender
    My Mood
    Amused
    Gifts Xmas Tree Present Gurren Kamina Glasses
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2012 09:51 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    At your base since it belongs to me
    Age
    28
    Threads
    46
    Posts
    2,202
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    3455
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: ErraticKyosuke

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wowzabunny View Post
    Well i might not be a pro at bioligy but two males cant produce off spring which is one of the main reasons of marridge yes? to start a family. have you seen two male lions paired? no. its unatural. soz if your gay. i (personal) dont think its right for people to be gay or lesbian (soz again, dont go all bananas) if you feel its right then i respect that , i can beleive in what i want to .
    Y-you're being serious aren't you?

    First of all, you need to work on your typing. Second, yes it is your opinion and I won't bash you for that. Lastly, marriage is not for procreation.

    Marriage (simplified) is a ceremony that unites two people (or a person or an animal or object) because they love each other and chose to only be intimate with said person (animal/object).
    Last edited by Señor Nobody; 05-11-2009 at 11:41 AM.
    I now know what hell sounds like; I recommend a tactical nuclear strike on my position. Tell my family I love them.

  14. #239
    Senior Member Miss Digital Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Digital Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Digital Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Digital Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Digital Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Digital Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Digital Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Digital Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Digital Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Digital Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Digital Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Digital Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    6,030.83
    Gender
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Gifts Cancer Eternal Moon Article Mercury Star Wand Top
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Not Earth
    Age
    35
    Threads
    78
    Posts
    4,522
    Blog Entries
    307
    Rep Power
    6697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wowzabunny View Post
    Well i might not be a pro at bioligy but two males cant produce off spring which is one of the main reasons of marridge yes? to start a family. have you seen two male lions paired? no. its unatural. soz if your gay. i (personal) dont think its right for people to be gay or lesbian (soz again, dont go all bananas) if you feel its right then i respect that , i can beleive in what i want to .
    Well, you're not a pro at spelling either. At least use spellcheck so people can take your posts seriously. You can believe what you want, but that doesn't mean it won't be disputed.

    The whole thing about gay marriage being unnatural is silly. People don't really decide what is "natural".
    ムーンライト ☆

  15. #240
    Ninja Jesus Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess's Avatar
    Gil
    430.86
    Gender
    My Mood
    Angry
    Gifts Aquarius Four Leaf Clover
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-16-2014 01:20 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The Stadium Arcadium
    Age
    26
    Threads
    65
    Posts
    1,220
    Blog Entries
    16
    Rep Power
    1102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wowzabunny View Post
    Well i might not be a pro at bioligy but two males cant produce off spring which is one of the main reasons of marridge yes? to start a family. have you seen two male lions paired? no. its unatural. soz if your gay. i (personal) dont think its right for people to be gay or lesbian (soz again, dont go all bananas) if you feel its right then i respect that , i can beleive in what i want to .
    Well, I don't think you should believe in falsehoods and inaccuracies. If you want to say that you have a right to your opinion, then state an opinion, not a hole in your knowledge. You're stating what you think is a fact. It was not a statement of opinion. The only thing you said that was close to an opinion was that you don't think people should be homosexual and that was backed up by poor logic and solid ignorance.

    You say that since you have never seen two male lions together, that it is unnatural.

    Guess what?

    WRONG!

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosex...ior_in_animals

    Check that out, friend, and *gasp* look at that! There HAS been observations of homosexual behavior in lions! Wow! Isn't that funny? Not to mention pretty much every human has homosexual tendencies, anyway. Just go to a football game and watch how the guys slap each other on the behind. What the heck do they do that for? They'll be happy to give you tons of reasons why, but the real reason is because they're releasing pent up homosexual tendencies. They don't want to admit it, but deep down, that's the real reason.

    And I bet you can remember the last time you did something 'unnatural' anyway. hah hah! Guess what! You're doing it right now!

    Using your same logic, I have never seen two male lions use a computer. EVER. I have, also, never seen two male lions watch anime. EVER. I've never seen two male lions hitch a ride on an airplane OR in a car. EVER. I've never seen two male lions put their food in an oven, or water their garden with a hose hooked up to a fully piped irrigation system, or even plant crops or swing on a swing... and so on and so forth. You get where I'm going? There are MILLIONS of things that humans do on a regular basis that are 'unnatural,' but I don't see you running around on anime forum spouting stupid useless babble about all the OTHER crap that we do that's 'unnatural' and how you don't think people should do these OTHER 'unnatural' things. And why is that? Because that would make you even MORE of an ignorant hypocrite than you already are. Which is actually kind of hard to imagine.

    I have met plenty of married couples that stayed together a LONG time, but decided early on that they NEVER wanted children. Marriage is to get recognition, both in the eyes of the government and the eyes of the public, as a whole, of a couple's legitimacy. People just have more respect for a married couple than they do for a normal couple, because there is proof in marriage of a willingness to commit to one another for the rest of their lives. Proof that they're willing to work together and work their hardest to keep the relationship going. Plus, legally and financially, there is a lot more security in marriage than just a couple that lives together.

    Oh, and, by the way, many scientist in that field of research believe that, within the next 15-20 years they will have enough scientific knowledge and resources that it will actually be possible for two women to procreate.

    Sorry, but your argument is officially null and void. You fail.

    love
    dani
    dude
    Last edited by Yugure's Goddess; 05-11-2009 at 12:15 PM.
    Check out my wordpress blog:
    KamiYugure's Digital Notebooks



  16. #241
    The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    2,722.78
    Gender
    My Mood
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brockton, Massachusetts
    Age
    28
    Threads
    155
    Posts
    12,890
    Blog Entries
    451
    AW Wallpapers
    1
    Rep Power
    6805

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yugure's Goddess View Post
    Just go to a football game and watch how the guys slap each other on the behind. What the heck do they do that for? They'll be happy to give you tons of reasons why, but the real reason is because they're releasing pent up homosexual tendencies. They don't want to admit it, but deep down, that's the real reason.
    You have to be kidding me...

    "The color fades along the intervals I follow."

  17. #242
    Senior Member Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie's Avatar
    Gil
    95,754.36
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-03-2010 01:32 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Starfleet Academy (I wish)
    Age
    28
    Threads
    195
    Posts
    4,095
    Rep Power
    2758

    Default

    edit* Pffhahaha that's great
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAsterisk! View Post
    Why, exactly? Enlighten me, but try not to set yourself up for a trap.
    While Iowa is a swing state that lately has leaned towards Democratic, legalizing gay marriage is a fairly left-leaning move (since the difference between that and civil unions is huge to many people). You'd expect that from more from my state, Washington, which is more reliably progressive/liberal in politics.

    Mostly I'm surprised it happened so fast. I wonder when Washington will catch up.
    This post has been approved by Dancing Alec™



  18. #243
    Senior Member Scarred DNA has a reputation beyond repute Scarred DNA has a reputation beyond repute Scarred DNA has a reputation beyond repute Scarred DNA has a reputation beyond repute Scarred DNA has a reputation beyond repute Scarred DNA has a reputation beyond repute Scarred DNA has a reputation beyond repute Scarred DNA has a reputation beyond repute Scarred DNA has a reputation beyond repute Scarred DNA has a reputation beyond repute Scarred DNA has a reputation beyond repute Scarred DNA's Avatar
    Gil
    4,520.00
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2009 03:55 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Threads
    1
    Posts
    226
    Rep Power
    290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cless Alvein View Post
    My personal story is actually one of remarkable success against pretty much all the odds you outlined, with the exception of the fact that I did still have semi-regular contact with my Father after my parents were divorced.

    The point is that there's no conclusive evidence one way or the other if a SSM couple's household will tend to produce children with similar or even completely different coping problems since they are both "irregular" ways of raising children.

    For example, an obvious prediction would be a disproportionately large number of children with confused, uninformed or heavily biased ideas about one gender due to a lack of- or over- exposure to only one side.

    The cynical side of me wants to suggest that homosexual couples are already committed to removing themselves from the gene pool and the responsibilities of raising a family even though I've already stated that I support equal rights and I stand by it. However, it is important to understand that there are legitimate concerns about the adoption issue which go beyond discrimination and anti-homosexual sentiment.
    Actually, there's a respectable amount of research that concludes that children raised in SS households fare just as well as those raised in OS households. The sexual orientation of the parents doesn't seem to matter much at all - it's the relationship the kids have with their parents that matters.

    http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/06/25/gay...ion/index.html

    http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...n-foster_x.htm

    http://aappolicy.aappublications.org...cs%3B109/2/339

    http://www.pbs.org/now/politics/fightforfamily2.html#x2 Ignore the "Religious Community" part.

    http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/...,3617286.story

    http://www.adoptioninstitute.org/who...Adoption1.html

    http://www.adoptioninstitute.org/pol...r_Children.php

    It's pretty easy to pick out the parts that deal with those who have a religious "Gay is Evil" agenda.

    At this time, secular social science researchers seem to agree that there is no valid evidence or study that concludes children in SS households suffer because their parents are homosexual.

    According to the research cited in Marriages and Families by Nijole V. Benokraitis, the children in these households seem to not even think twice about the fact that they have SS parents. Which makes sense when you think about it - if children are raised with a solid foundation that exposes them to homosexuality early on, and if they're taught that a) it's no big deal and b) there's nothing wrong with it, then they completely skip over having to uncondition themselves from the "gay is wrong, gay is immoral" mentality.

    And looking toward the future, when homosexuality is even more widely accepted and no longer treated as this huge "OMG" issue, I really can't for the life of me forsee any detrimental affects to children in SS households at all.

    But for the present, I'd say the problem is with society, and not with the SS parents themselves. Which, of course, means it's everyone's problem.

    As with most things in society, we have to wait for exposure and desensitization.


    Quote Originally Posted by wowzabunny View Post
    Well i might not be a pro at bioligy but two males cant produce off spring which is one of the main reasons of marridge yes? to start a family. have you seen two male lions paired? no. its unatural. soz if your gay. i (personal) dont think its right for people to be gay or lesbian (soz again, dont go all bananas) if you feel its right then i respect that , i can beleive in what i want to .
    Dang dude. I used to think like you - I actually believed that whole "unnatural" nonsense that conservatives preached. I was young, uneducated, and I didn't know any better.

    Then I became an Atheist, I paid attention in Biology and Sociology and Psychology, I did my own research, and I realized how misinformed I was.

    As already stated - no, marriage is no longer for procreation. The family is changing pretty rapidly, and what was true 50 years ago is no longer true now.

    And yes, homosexuality has been with us since we've walked this planet. In fact, it was once considered common place and taboo NOT to participate in some ancient cultures.

    And yes, homosexuality can be found in just about any species of animal on Earth. Since we, too, are animals, I think it's only natural that homosexuality exists in humanity as well.

    And yes, you can believe in whatever you wish. But why ignore facts just to do so?

  19. #244
    Ice Tea ninja wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny's Avatar
    Gil
    15.02
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-24-2010 05:00 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    23
    Threads
    19
    Posts
    1,090
    Rep Power
    496
    Gamer IDs

    Wii Code: 1234 5678 91011

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heinekenrana View Post
    Sure you can, but... since when was one of the main points of marriage to produce children? Not to sound too sarcastic, but I'm pretty sure all of the married couples I know who gladly don't want kids should probably be informed of this, and since I had my first child before my ex-husband and I were legally married, did I do something wrong?
    I said it was a main reason why people marry, not people get married to haev kids. if two guys want to live with each other for the rest of their life even when they are 90 then let them be. Im not gay and I wont be rude. i just think its unnatural. (dont go ape please,(i have freedom of thought)) And by the way, is it only gay people or also lesbians aloud to marry?
    Just Your Friendly Neighborhood Wowzabunny

  20. #245
    Senior Member Scarred DNA has a reputation beyond repute Scarred DNA has a reputation beyond repute Scarred DNA has a reputation beyond repute Scarred DNA has a reputation beyond repute Scarred DNA has a reputation beyond repute Scarred DNA has a reputation beyond repute Scarred DNA has a reputation beyond repute Scarred DNA has a reputation beyond repute Scarred DNA has a reputation beyond repute Scarred DNA has a reputation beyond repute Scarred DNA has a reputation beyond repute Scarred DNA's Avatar
    Gil
    4,520.00
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2009 03:55 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Threads
    1
    Posts
    226
    Rep Power
    290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wowzabunny View Post
    I said it was a main reason why people marry, not people get married to haev kids. if two guys want to live with each other for the rest of their life even when they are 90 then let them be. Im not gay and I wont be rude. i just think its unnatural. (dont go ape please,(i have freedom of thought)) And by the way, is it only gay people or also lesbians aloud to marry?
    You absolutely have freedom of thought. But I don't think that's what's happening here. No offense, but it comes across as if you're just regurgitating someone else's opinion - like that of your parents or your church. You don't agree with homosexuality and you think it's unnatural, but do you know why you think that?

    It applies to all homosexual individuals - both male and female and most likely anything in-between.

  21. #246
    Senior Member Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana's Avatar
    Gil
    7,452.44
    Gender
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Gifts Candlejack Xmas Bear2 Jack O Lantern
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-17-2011 12:09 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    somewhere between summer and autumn
    Threads
    1
    Posts
    1,141
    Blog Entries
    418
    Rep Power
    1996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wowzabunny View Post
    I said it was a main reason why people marry, not people get married to haev kids. if two guys want to live with each other for the rest of their life even when they are 90 then let them be. Im not gay and I wont be rude. i just think its unnatural. (dont go ape please,(i have freedom of thought)) And by the way, is it only gay people or also lesbians aloud to marry?
    So far as I know, lesbians fall under the banner of "homosexuals".

    Also, just to point this out too, your freedom of thought isn't what's bothering me, it's this idea that one of the main reasons people get married is to have kids. That's simply untrue, at least as far as my experience with married couples go, because almost every married couple I'm friendly with doesn't want kids or is waiting a long while to do so - they got married for love or for legal reasons (insurance, tax cuts, etc.). Maybe the latter of those reasons isn't the best, but I've never come across a couple that got married to have kids, simply because people have been doing that just fine without the benefit of clergy for a long time now.
    Last edited by Heinekenrana; 05-11-2009 at 03:28 PM.

  22. #247
    Team Aki! -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan-'s Avatar
    Gil
    13,115.74
    Gender
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-09-2013 12:09 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    28
    Threads
    54
    Posts
    6,440
    Rep Power
    4947

    Default

    People get marry because they love each other, and would like to live on together with a different identity. Not to have kids. I want to get marry, but not planning to have kids, so we can't get married? Having kids is another optional stage after marriage where the couple want to start a new generation and their own family. It's optional, and it shouldn't be the main reason of marriage.


  23. #248
    LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    280.30
    Gender
    My Mood
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 10:49 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    somwhere in Cali
    Age
    29
    Threads
    266
    Posts
    6,089
    Blog Entries
    450
    Rep Power
    9083
    Gamer IDs

    Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheAsterisk! View Post
    Hello, I'm TheAsterisk! Have we met?
    Must be hard getting that thick head through the door to the interwebs. Well, if you're going to be an arrogant arse who thinks condescending remarks made with elitist attitude make you cool, then I pity you.

    Firstly, I didn't even quote you, and I pointed out plainly that since gay marriage infringes on nobody's rights I do in fact support it.
    Secondly, the ignorant farmland described are actually the Great Plains states. Kansas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, the Dakotas- those guys. The Midwest is made up of the old Northwest Territory from really early on in the US's history and a tiny little bit west of the Mississippi River, generally to the north- Illinois, Indiana, Ohio (sort of), Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Michigan (again- sort of), and, sometimes, Missouri. The only truly Bible-crazy piece of the Midwest is southern Indiana. They aren't the same at all, geographically or socially, and yet we are always lumped with the likes of Kansas and their imbecilic school board. As for the claim we're all conservative: dead wrong. Just dead wrong. Illinois reliably votes for Democrats, as does Wisconsin (mainly from Madison and Milwaukee- the rest of the state is pretty evenly split). Michigan ('cept the Upper Peninsula, which acts like northern Wisconsin) is more or less ruled by the UAW- take a wild guess as to their voting habits. Iowa, at least as of late, is reliably Democratic. I don't really know about the rest, but the stereotype has already fallen.
    Well, you said "By the way, I really liked the OP's insinuation that the Midwest is...", which I assume is directed at me because, well, I am the OPer. And thank you for the information, I'll be sure not to have Jar Jar Binks Syndrome in the future.

    Thirdly, my "Enlighten me..." remark was to point out that I'm sick of it being socially acceptable to take a big doodoo on the Midwest while trumpeting the glory of the coasts.
    I wasn't taking a big "doodoo" on the midwest. I congratulated them and called shame on Cali. So I pretty much did the opposite of this.

    I was hoping someone to respond with an unsubstantiated behavioral stereotype to illustrate my point, so thanks, I guess. "The Midwest is full of rednecks" is as asinine as "Californians all surf and smoke dope." They're both utter bullcrap, and I request that neither be used again unless supporting evidence can be supplied.
    Aren't you now stereotyping everyone on this forum as infected with said Jar Jar Binks Syndrome?

    Moral of the story? Stereotypes are bad, even if they work to your advantage, and (second moral) I do not hold my tongue and you should never expect me to, no matter the topic. If it's a feel-good topic and you don't want dissenters or elaboration, please specify that in the original post, okay everybody?
    When did I say I didn't want dissenters or elaboration? And didn't my last post ASK you for more information? Did I not make a post that merely said "Elaborate" to someone else (I forgot who)? Stop being a jerk.

    Man, I wish I'd known everyone was so jumpy.
    It would be a large stretch to consider my last post "jumpy".


    Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.


  24. #249
    Moderator / Chat Admin Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein's Avatar
    Gil
    611.70
    Gender
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-06-2013 05:06 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Threads
    58
    Posts
    764
    Rep Power
    348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarred DNA View Post
    Actually, there's a respectable amount of research that concludes that children raised in SS households fare just as well as those raised in OS households.
    Only one of those links actually cites anything that a scientific person could honestly call "research" and even that one admits to being limited and is vague, not providing any actual numbers or comparisons due to the small study sample. All the rest is a few examples, some opinion polls, statistics about adoption overall and more of the "no evidence that they're bad" arguments which I already stated.

    Don't get me wrong. I'd love for you to dig up something that actually supports the line I quoted from your post. And so far it's promising. But it's just not there. Quite frankly I don't mind it on a personal level and I would love to see some solutions for our adoption crisis put into place, like expanding the number of qualified adoptive households.


    Quote Originally Posted by Several posters
    Homosexuality is natural because it exists in nature
    The purpose of genetic information is to copy itself and pass on to the next generation so that it can continue to survive. If being homosexual is connected to a gene, and that genetic information gives the carrier a predisposition to not mate in such a way that will pass on their genetic information, wouldn't you say that IS a little unnatural?

    More accurately, one could argue that it is "natural" but in the same way that Down Syndrome, Color Blindness or being born with six fingers on one hand is "natural".

    Anime Forum's First Generation



    Quality Since 1999

  25. #250
    Junior Member Standartenführer has a reputation beyond repute Standartenführer has a reputation beyond repute Standartenführer has a reputation beyond repute Standartenführer has a reputation beyond repute Standartenführer has a reputation beyond repute Standartenführer has a reputation beyond repute Standartenführer has a reputation beyond repute Standartenführer has a reputation beyond repute Standartenführer has a reputation beyond repute Standartenführer has a reputation beyond repute Standartenführer has a reputation beyond repute Standartenführer's Avatar
    Gil
    480.00
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-13-2009 07:59 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Threads
    2
    Posts
    24
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I am assuming there are many different ethnicities here right?
    If I said "Blacks can't marry it just ain't right" How would you feel?
    If I justified it with your reasons would that make it okay? Denying something as stupidly small and simple as marriage is just plain racism. What's next "We don't serve fags" window stickers? How is it any different?

Closed Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Sex before marriage?
    By International 4-8818 in forum Miscellaneous Miscellany
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 08-31-2007, 12:28 PM
  2. Gay marrige?
    By DeathGoddessMali in forum Miscellaneous Miscellany
    Replies: 158
    Last Post: 08-03-2007, 12:28 PM
  3. Another marriage legality question~
    By Capernicus in forum Miscellaneous Miscellany
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-07-2006, 03:32 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts