AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Military?

Cowboy Psychologist Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show has a reputation beyond repute Forgotten Show's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2013 12:07 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.McDoom!: Reloaded View Post
    I would love to form a private, governmentless, countryless "Death Squad", or "Isolation Team" that intervenes in it's own business, where every conscript is an associate, and gets an equal share of the profit, officework and action. Something like an urban crossover between a Russian Mafia and a foreign legion, only there is no chain of command.
    See, unlike 90% of American wimps, who dream of doing officework in time of war, or cowardly bombing the enemy from afar by means of hi-tech jets, I like to get a little piece of the action on the field myself, but not as cannon fodder for some ungrateful country, or it's corporate-governmental interests, for Myself&Company™!
    1) If you have no country or government, what enemies do you have?

2) How do you plan to procure necessary armaments to fight any enemy you might find?

3) Do you have training in and a solid understanding of force multiplication?

4) Do you have the enormous funds to start-up any kind of business, let alone one in the business of armed conflict?

5) Will the nation you try to start your business in let you?

6) Do you have the technical know-how to combat organized militaries? Unorganized militias? Insurgencies?

7A) If everyone is equal, who organizes? Who leads? Who accepts assignmens/jobs/etc.?

7B) Do you know what a conscript is...?

8) What’s wrong with air support and bombing? By this, do you mean to say you believe you can overcome any armed conflict scenario you might encounter with boots on the ground alone?

Check yourself, bud. Your stupid's showing.

Bad Memory

Senior Member Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Black Guitar
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-24-2014 08:32 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: OG_APPLEJACKS

Quote Originally Posted by Broly3k8 View Post
    I just wana know who or was a soldier? I am a member of the US Army. Ive been in for coming on 2 years now. E-4. Never deployed though desperatly want to.
    Sir, I respect you in the highest regard.

My step-dad was in the US Army in the 1980s
    My step-granddad_God rest his soul) fought in WW2 in favor of the US(marine)
    My friend Damien is a Marine stationed at Paris Island going through BC.
    Im gonna enlist but probably in the Peace Corps, Air Force or the Navy. Im not to sure yet.

SOS Brigade NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts 039 - Jigglypuff 007 - Squirtle Maserati
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-25-2017 10:23 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Broly3k8 Steam ID: NorthOfTime

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotten Show View Post
    1) If you have no country or government, what enemies do you have?

2) How do you plan to procure necessary armaments to fight any enemy you might find?

3) Do you have training in and a solid understanding of force multiplication?

4) Do you have the enormous funds to start-up any kind of business, let alone one in the business of armed conflict?

5) Will the nation you try to start your business in let you?

6) Do you have the technical know-how to combat organized militaries? Unorganized militias? Insurgencies?

7A) If everyone is equal, who organizes? Who leads? Who accepts assignmens/jobs/etc.?

7B) Do you know what a conscript is...?

8) What’s wrong with air support and bombing? By this, do you mean to say you believe you can overcome any armed conflict scenario you might encounter with boots on the ground alone?

Check yourself, bud. Your stupid's showing.

Bad Memory
    And there is case and point. although i must add that #1 is useless cause if one has no country he usually is an enemey of all... Although if your an enemy to everyone thats not a good thing....

here i wanna answer some!

1.Everyone
    2.Black Market (NOT CHEAP)
    3.Probably Not..
    4. This one goes with #2. and no. theres a reason why only Princes's and Drug King Pins are the only private people with their own military.
    5. H to the E to the double L to the N-O. "Mr presdient, Bob here wants to start a military, for hi sown reasons, and he is not allied with anyone" "Well Mr. SS guy... Hummmmmm Let me think..... Hummmmm... Private Military... no good reasons....and is supposedly not affiliated with anyone... Sounds like a terrorist to me, lets Nuke em!"
    6. If he did i would love to see him try.. it would be just amazing to watch some untrained people try to take down a marine int he woods, or in the water.. Awesome.
    7.A=no one is equal no matter how hard you try. B= I dont know what that is either...Ill dictionary it.
    8.I would love to see you win any conflict with just ground troops. I can see this coming up on Dealiest Warrior "Non Affiliated ground troops Vs. People in trees" Who shall win!!!???
    Formally Broly3k8.
    New Country, new life. Living it one day at a time. Beer and food are where my heart is.

BuLmA's Neighbor DaSOCOM has a reputation beyond repute DaSOCOM has a reputation beyond repute DaSOCOM has a reputation beyond repute DaSOCOM has a reputation beyond repute DaSOCOM has a reputation beyond repute DaSOCOM has a reputation beyond repute DaSOCOM has a reputation beyond repute DaSOCOM has a reputation beyond repute DaSOCOM has a reputation beyond repute DaSOCOM has a reputation beyond repute DaSOCOM has a reputation beyond repute DaSOCOM's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-24-2009 11:43 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Blood_Storm View Post
    Sir, I respect you in the highest regard.

My step-dad was in the US Army in the 1980s
    My step-granddad_God rest his soul) fought in WW2 in favor of the US(marine)
    My friend Damien is a Marine stationed at Paris Island going through BC.
    Im gonna enlist but probably in the Peace Corps, Air Force or the Navy. Im not to sure yet.
    Peace Corps, Air Force, same thing.

Peace,
    DaSOCOM

New Bro : Anime Master
    Cute lil' sis: zyronet
    My son: kingdomhearts_tom (boy do I feel old now...)
    cool sister: ~*midnight_serenity*~
    wikked (as in wikkedly awesome) sis: ~*Lady_Kikyou*~
    long-lost brother: lordrellik8
    Da Cousin: Kawairashii hikari
    Smarter Older Sister: Capernicus
    Cute Widdle Daughter: Kitsune~girl
    The Neighbor:BuLmA`
    Death Princess on hold due to life.

SPQR Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2009 08:57 PM
    Threads

Black market ain't always expensive, Broly. You can buy a grenade for 5 bucks and an AK47 for 14 bucks in some back alley markets in Kabul.

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2014 03:53 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

Quote Originally Posted by DaSOCOM View Post
    Peace Corps, Air Force, same thing.

Peace,
    DaSOCOM
    Hey, I'm in the Air Force; I take offense to-

Ah, what the hell. You're right.
    This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

SOS Brigade NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Bumpdy Bumpdy Bump Bump

Lol jk

So August is going to be my two year mark in the US Army Active duty. I have many paths to follow as a Soldier and some that go to a Civilian. All of them will be hard desicions, and hopefully i will make th eright one.

So here goes my decisions/paths that i have a choice to follow or not.
    1. Stay in Re-enlist hopefully go somewere i want and or get a nice little check.. on eor the other is fine with me, both would be astounding...
    2.Stay in the last 2 years and get out and become one of those dumb civilians i hate on all the time.
    3. (I understand if no one here favors this one) Finish tim ein Army switch to Air Force. I know I know, I can hear it now "The Air Force??!! What a Fag!1!!" Lol i know.. but after many hours of deliberation i have come to the conclusion that the Air Force is like 100X's better to be in if i ever want to get out. Alot of there MOS'es can be transfered to civilian life. Plus i would love to learn how to fly.. That would be somethin gi would really work for if given the opportunity.

So what do yall think? What are some of yalls updates?

P.S. Married life ROCKS!!! lol. i love my wife, and everyday she amazes me more and more with her power to defuse my anger with nothin gbut a tutch or glance.
    Formally Broly3k8.
    New Country, new life. Living it one day at a time. Beer and food are where my heart is.

Senior Member Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pokedex 025 - Pikachu
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-05-2012 01:07 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

My grandfather was in the US Army for 20 years and then he continued to work for them in Germany as an insurgence agent. My girlfriend's step brother all just got back from surving about 2 months ago. We don't know why he even signed up but hay as long as it worked out. Though I will never go to be part of the Army I just don't like the feel of it.
    Gero Server Guru

Member ghosti5of6 has a reputation beyond repute ghosti5of6 has a reputation beyond repute ghosti5of6 has a reputation beyond repute ghosti5of6 has a reputation beyond repute ghosti5of6 has a reputation beyond repute ghosti5of6 has a reputation beyond repute ghosti5of6 has a reputation beyond repute ghosti5of6 has a reputation beyond repute ghosti5of6 has a reputation beyond repute ghosti5of6 has a reputation beyond repute ghosti5of6 has a reputation beyond repute ghosti5of6's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-20-2012 03:13 AM
    Threads

Air Force myself. Goin' on 13 yrs now that I've been in. Been to a couple places so far, but right now I'm in Jersey. I hate Jersey, but that's where the job has brought me. Though I'd much rather be back at Kadena, or better yet, get to the mainland, to either Yokota or Misawa. That would be sweet. I love being deployed. Gets me away from this place.
    Most of the TDY's I've been on were blasts; 2 hrs of work, 10 hrs of chillin' out, grillin', playin' video games and watchin' movies.
    I volunteered for most of the TDY's I've been on. That's how you get the good ones. Volunteer often, and they'll notice that you like to go, and will send you more often.
    Oh, and did I mention all the extra fat cash you'll pocket...
    Life...In Every Breath

Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by ghosti5of6 View Post
    Air Force myself. Goin' on 13 yrs now that I've been in. Been to a couple places so far, but right now I'm in Jersey. I hate Jersey, but that's where the job has brought me. Though I'd much rather be back at Kadena, or better yet, get to the mainland, to either Yokota or Misawa. That would be sweet. I love being deployed. Gets me away from this place.
    Most of the TDY's I've been on were blasts; 2 hrs of work, 10 hrs of chillin' out, grillin', playin' video games and watchin' movies.
    I volunteered for most of the TDY's I've been on. That's how you get the good ones. Volunteer often, and they'll notice that you like to go, and will send you more often.
    Oh, and did I mention all the extra fat cash you'll pocket...
    You must fill me in on your Air Force life.. As i mentioned in my last post i am thinking about trying to switch over to the Air Force. I would like to know what life is like over there... I mean im pretty sure youve worked with army guys before so im sure you know what looks better and what doesnt.. SO far the only things ive really heard about are you all not really having to do any "details" because you have contractors do them.. which in my opninion is damn nere a selling point to me.. lol.. Ive also heard yall dont get screwed around with as much as some of us army dudes do.
    Formally Broly3k8.

Member ghosti5of6 has a reputation beyond repute ghosti5of6 has a reputation beyond repute ghosti5of6 has a reputation beyond repute ghosti5of6 has a reputation beyond repute ghosti5of6 has a reputation beyond repute ghosti5of6 has a reputation beyond repute ghosti5of6 has a reputation beyond repute ghosti5of6 has a reputation beyond repute ghosti5of6 has a reputation beyond repute ghosti5of6 has a reputation beyond repute ghosti5of6 has a reputation beyond repute ghosti5of6's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Dude. Do it. Go Air Force. We get such better treatment... EVERYWHERE. When we go TDY, we stay in hotels...like, The Marriot, or The Radisson. We get the hook-up.
    Really, come join the blue.
    That, and really, do you want to go back to being a civi? Is there a guaranteed job waiting for you, with all the benefits, that also apply to your family? And to your future offspring? What about being able to travel around the world? Getting stationed overseas? Most people have to pay thousands of dollars to go places for a two week vacation, that we get to go to, for 2-6 years, fully paid for, and we get paid to on top of that. Whether it be Europe or Asia, pick your poison.
    Life...In Every Breath

Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by ghosti5of6 View Post
    Dude. Do it. Go Air Force. We get such better treatment... EVERYWHERE. When we go TDY, we stay in hotels...like, The Marriot, or The Radisson. We get the hook-up.
    Really, come join the blue.
    That, and really, do you want to go back to being a civi? Is there a guaranteed job waiting for you, with all the benefits, that also apply to your family? And to your future offspring? What about being able to travel around the world? Getting stationed overseas? Most people have to pay thousands of dollars to go places for a two week vacation, that we get to go to, for 2-6 years, fully paid for, and we get paid to on top of that. Whether it be Europe or Asia, pick your poison.
    Ehh all that is what i was told when i joined the Army lol.. no offense. And yes we do get put in some nice hotels sometimes.. Just recently i went on a marriage retreat with my wife to a hotel called the Galt House.. Apparently its a 5 star, but do to some waiter in the resturant on the top floor i left a bad little note.. lol..
    Formally Broly3k8.

Live, Love, Die. Sir_Vlaken has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Vlaken has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Vlaken has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Vlaken has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Vlaken has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Vlaken has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Vlaken has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Vlaken has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Vlaken has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Vlaken has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Vlaken has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Vlaken's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-20-2009 11:17 AM
    Threads

Im not in the military, im too young but those of you who are, Thank you for doing your part in helping our country ^_^
    Life is short, Time is long. Spend will.

Battle God Apostolos has a reputation beyond repute Apostolos has a reputation beyond repute Apostolos has a reputation beyond repute Apostolos has a reputation beyond repute Apostolos has a reputation beyond repute Apostolos has a reputation beyond repute Apostolos has a reputation beyond repute Apostolos has a reputation beyond repute Apostolos has a reputation beyond repute Apostolos has a reputation beyond repute Apostolos has a reputation beyond repute Apostolos's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-03-2016 03:17 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CyrusTheViruSS

i am just the marines tho. just about half my family is military or has been
    Pain is weakness leaving the body!

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

".. mabey you could fill me in on the Air Force life.. Do you like it? Not? Is it less Bs then the Army??"

I love it. That's why I've stayed for as long as I have. And as far as BS goes, you're gonna have BS everywhere you go. Sure, I have BS I have to deal with, but that's just apart of the grand scheme. And I'm not gonna say it gets easier the longer you stay in, and i won't say you'll eventually just get used to it. It's all about how you deal with it. As far as more or less... i think we have much less to deal with on a daily basis.
    And sure, we have our stereotypes...lazy, pampered, got it easy, don't hardly work... Totally not true... for the most part. We just do things...smarter.

What's your MOS?
    Life...In Every Breath

Junior Member RussianBoy has a reputation beyond repute RussianBoy has a reputation beyond repute RussianBoy has a reputation beyond repute RussianBoy has a reputation beyond repute RussianBoy has a reputation beyond repute RussianBoy has a reputation beyond repute RussianBoy has a reputation beyond repute RussianBoy has a reputation beyond repute RussianBoy has a reputation beyond repute RussianBoy has a reputation beyond repute RussianBoy has a reputation beyond repute RussianBoy's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-18-2009 04:05 AM
    Threads

I so envy that you, americans, have so great opportunity to serve in american army. If I had been civilian of the USA, I would have gone to the army.
    Hey, maybe someone know, can man from foreign country to serve in american military?

I hope it's understandable.

Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by RussianBoy View Post
    I so envy that you, americans, have so great opportunity to serve in american army. If I had been civilian of the USA, I would have gone to the army.
    Hey, maybe someone know, can man from foreign country to serve in american military?

Yes you can join the american military if your from a different country. but you must have all your papers.. like citicenship(sp?) green cards and what not, visa's.. im not to sure exactly what youll need but yea you can.. Good luck, hope you do join.. I always thought russian's had a Draft?
    Formally Broly3k8.

Junior Member RussianBoy has a reputation beyond repute RussianBoy has a reputation beyond repute RussianBoy has a reputation beyond repute RussianBoy has a reputation beyond repute RussianBoy has a reputation beyond repute RussianBoy has a reputation beyond repute RussianBoy has a reputation beyond repute RussianBoy has a reputation beyond repute RussianBoy has a reputation beyond repute RussianBoy has a reputation beyond repute RussianBoy has a reputation beyond repute RussianBoy's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-18-2009 04:05 AM
    Threads

I always thought russian's had a Draft?
    Unfortunately yes, we have this stupid thing. If I won't be able to evade from it, I'll go to the russian army for a year, and after I'll try to join the american military.
    But I really do not want to serve for Russia

Senior Member sugoi-san has a brilliant future sugoi-san has a brilliant future sugoi-san has a brilliant future sugoi-san has a brilliant future sugoi-san has a brilliant future sugoi-san has a brilliant future sugoi-san has a brilliant future sugoi-san has a brilliant future sugoi-san has a brilliant future sugoi-san has a brilliant future sugoi-san has a brilliant future sugoi-san's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2009 05:43 PM
    Threads

I'm in Aghanistan. o__O
    Loli Rawk - It r teh blawg

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by RussianBoy View Post

That depends on your situation. A foreign person cannot, as you might expect, just up and join the US military. As Broly alluded to before, you need to do certain things first.

To enlist, you do not have to be a US citizen. You do, however, need to have a permanent residence here and a "green card." You can't join while you are still in Russia. You have to (legally) immigrate first and then establish a residence here before you can enlist. While you do not have to be a citizen to enlist, you can not reenlist or become an officer until you do and the US military will not help you do that (in fact, they can't help you). Also, non-citizens have extremely limited job choices. Non-citizen are not allowed to have any job that requires a security clearance (which is, again, only given to US citizens).

Also, and this is important, you should find out what Russia's laws are for citizens serving in a foreign military (unless, you plan to renounce your citizenship). Some countries see this as a form of treason.
    This is my war face.

Senior Member Erisa has a reputation beyond repute Erisa has a reputation beyond repute Erisa has a reputation beyond repute Erisa has a reputation beyond repute Erisa has a reputation beyond repute Erisa has a reputation beyond repute Erisa has a reputation beyond repute Erisa has a reputation beyond repute Erisa has a reputation beyond repute Erisa has a reputation beyond repute Erisa has a reputation beyond repute Erisa's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-11-2009 12:30 AM
    Threads

I knew a soldier who went on here
    Forgot his name

Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by wolfgirl90 View Post
    That depends on your situation. A foreign person cannot, as you might expect, just up and join the US military. As Broly alluded to before, you need to do certain things first.

To enlist, you do not have to be a US citizen. You do, however, need to have a permanent residence here and a "green card." You can't join while you are still in Russia. You have to (legally) immigrate first and then establish a residence here before you can enlist. While you do not have to be a citizen to enlist, you can not reenlist or become an officer until you do and the US military will not help you do that (in fact, they can't help you). Also, non-citizens have extremely limited job choices. Non-citizen are not allowed to have any job that requires a security clearance (which is, again, only given to US citizens).

Also, and this is important, you should find out what Russia's laws are for citizens serving in a foreign military (unless, you plan to renounce your citizenship). Some countries see this as a form of treason.
    Ahh see i learned something today.. i knew some of that, cause it was kinda explained to us while in Basic..We had someone from Iran in our Platoon. But yea.. you broke it down pretty good.. i didnt know you didnt have to be a citizen.. i thought you did? Like i said i learned something new today.. lol.
    Formally Broly3k8.

Senior Member sugoi-san has a brilliant future sugoi-san has a brilliant future sugoi-san has a brilliant future sugoi-san has a brilliant future sugoi-san has a brilliant future sugoi-san has a brilliant future sugoi-san has a brilliant future sugoi-san has a brilliant future sugoi-san has a brilliant future sugoi-san has a brilliant future sugoi-san has a brilliant future sugoi-san's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2009 05:43 PM
    Threads

There's an E-7 in my unit that hasn't got citizenship. lawl.
    Loli Rawk - It r teh blawg

Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

E-7... that means he's spent over 10 yrs in the US military.. how the heck does he no thave citisenship yet?
    Formally Broly3k8.

Gil
    Wicked
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Ahh see i learned something today.. i knew some of that, cause it was kinda explained to us while in Basic..We had someone from Iran in our Platoon. But yea.. you broke it down pretty good.. i didnt know you didnt have to be a citizen.. i thought you did? Like i said i learned something new today.. lol.
    Its great to learn...'CAUSE KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!

But yeah, a person does not need to be a US citizen to enlist. All they need to do is become a permanent resident. Citizenship becomes important when that person wants to reenlist, needs a security clearance for a job, or wants to become a commissioned officer (well, they need that and a college degree for a commission).

For example, you don't have to be a citizen to join ROTC, but you need it in order take advanced courses and be eligible for scholarships.

E-7... that means he's spent over 10 yrs in the US military.. how the heck does he no thave citisenship yet?
    That is...a very good question. I am trying to work this out in my mind (although my mind has shut down at the moment...waiting for pizza).
    Last edited by wolfgirl90; 07-10-2009 at 06:31 PM.
    This is my war face.

Closed Thread

Thread Information