AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Marvel or DC?

Senior Member Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Candlejack Xmas Bear2 Jack O Lantern
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-17-2011 12:09 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Doing something with meaning to you in light of bigger events is always good, I think. I'd buy that.

Old and Cranky Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-17-2009 11:44 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Heinekenrana View Post
    Doing something with meaning to you in light of bigger events is always good, I think. I'd buy that.
    Yeah it's a Clone comic. We don't have a lot of them. Clones were created in far more extreme forms not only to be dolls of cheating death for other people, but as military weapons. The Clones established themselves as new race and began to wipe out all the military they can. They are to established a new kingdom. And it's actually in the eyes of the clone. We always tend to reflect the most destructive ones as being bad. But if it's based off of their freedom the Clones must only be good. There is no constant good or evil in the comic. Just misfortune and misunderstand. And greed. The only thing that is bad in the comic itself is the complications of human life...or in the case super powered race called Clones.

Wedding is in October. And I'm going to be a dad. Super excited.

Mavericker- nothing else Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-26-2009 05:44 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Rem Nightfall View Post
    Sounds stupid. Um...what. Did I say that? I'm writing something based off of Clones. And you'll just have to figure that out on your own.
    I have clones in my book also. IT'S A CARTOON BOOK.
    Cats and Dogs are territorial and so are street gangs-put the two of them together.

Power-Girl and Huntress are slutty-looking. I know immodest apparel when I see it.
    God said women should wear modest attire.
    I hate Raven from the Titans- a half-demon necromancer.
    Starfire is just as bad-an alien go-go dancer.

I liked Cir-El:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...0px-Cir-El.jpg

And the black Supergirl:
    http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...a%3DN%26um%3D1

Quote Originally Posted by Rem Nightfall View Post
    Yeah it's a Clone comic. We don't have a lot of them. Clones were created in far more extreme forms not only to be dolls of cheating death for other people, but as military weapons. The Clones established themselves as new race and began to wipe out all the military they can. They are to established a new kingdom. And it's actually in the eyes of the clone. We always tend to reflect the most destructive ones as being bad. But if it's based off of their freedom the Clones must only be good. There is no constant good or evil in the comic. Just misfortune and misunderstand. And greed. The only thing that is bad in the comic itself is the complications of human life...or in the case super powered race called Clones.
    Sounds like Star Wars: Clone Wars.
    Last edited by Mavericker; 04-28-2009 at 02:59 AM.

Old and Cranky Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-17-2009 11:44 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Mavericker View Post
    I have clones in my book also. IT'S A CARTOON BOOK.
    Cats and Dogs are territorial and so are street gangs-put the two of them together.

To Heineken@ (why am I bothering?):

Power-Girl and Huntress are slutty-looking. I know immodest apparel when I see it.
    God said women should wear modest attire.
    I hate Raven from the Titans- a half-demon necromancer.
    Starfire is just as bad-an alien go-go dancer.

I liked Cir-El:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...0px-Cir-El.jpg

Sounds like Star Wars: Clone Wars.
    Nah man. In Star Wars we clearly see a good side and a bad side. In this case of the comic you as the reader will have to decided who is good and who is bad. I will not as writer condemn either as good or bad.
    If you want to look in balance, that is fine.
    You want to define good and evil that is fine.
    It shall be up to my reader on what to decide.

Wedding is in October. And I'm going to be a dad. Super excited.

Senior Member Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Xmas Tree Aquarius Cancer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-10-2011 01:25 PM
    The Netherword of the Collective Unconscious
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: shibbidydoowop

I prefer not to choose; there are good story arcs and bad story arcs regardless of company.

I actually really like Superman, which is a fairly recent thing. The little touches, like the fact that he keeps every letter someone writes him, be they thank-you letters or letters asking him why he couldn't save the author's parent/sibling/wife/child, are what make him interesting to me. After being raised with GRIM AND DARK Batman and ZOMG PERSECUTED X-Men, it's refreshing to have someone who's just "good."

You sound like FoolyCoolyMan123456 at ASMB-he put my idea down too. If I posted my idea in detail I bet you won't think it's dumb.
    I put your idea down too, if you'll recall. I also recall you saying you were going to post a synopsis of an introductory story, which you never did.
    Visit the Toy Dungeon Studios Store and buy a shirt or zipper pull, damnit!

that guy with the beard JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO.'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-21-2011 11:16 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jimbo8472

I like Dark horse.

Gah. Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-26-2009 03:26 PM
    Threads

I still prefer Ironman and The Incredible Hulk and all the others that made Marvel.

8. Dislikes jlaking disliked this post
    Rising Falcon! Seńor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seńor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seńor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seńor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seńor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seńor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seńor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seńor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seńor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seńor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seńor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seńor Nobody's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Xmas Tree Present Gurren Kamina Glasses
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-01-2017 11:40 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ErraticKyosuke

Quote Originally Posted by SeraphimAriaRadiance View Post
    I find it laughably hypocritical that you find these character slutty when you relive yourself to the major's prosthetic crotch.

Regarding the topic, I prefer DC over Marvel.
    I now know what hell sounds like; I recommend a tactical nuclear strike on my position. Tell my family I love them.

Mavericker- nothing else Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker is a splendid one to behold Mavericker's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

My idea:

Streetfighting cats & dogs who fight crime-it's a multicultural comic-it's Catillac Cats meets Street Fighter. They meet with other groups of streetfighting cats & dogs around their town, the country and the world and become allies and help in their fight against evil and become part of their group, & fight evil streetfighting cats and dogs.
    The heroes will sometimes become superheroes & the villians supervillians.
    Typical things that happen-they find a valubale mineral reseve under the town-the military gets involved and the bad guys want to get their hands on the mineral.
    The heroes work on some new defense tech and the villians go and spy on them.
    The villians plot to find ways to get rid of the heroes.
    The heroes meet with pals/relatives and it's a chance to stop local baddies in those areas.
    The main character decides to fight crime 'cause his dad was a cop.
    His sidekick is more brains than brawn and they both have a scientific prodigy friend they go to for tech help.

Also:

I have a doppelganger/clone that was was created from the hero as a result of some scientific experiment and he turned out to be evil, and he was just created, either intentionally or by accident. What would his first PUBLIC act of violence or evil be? Initially and logically he'd do something to hurt the hero before going out in public. The clone is the arch-villain in the series and he vies to eventually get back at the hero and destroy him and his friends- he wants to get rid of all the heroes and take over the town and eventually the world and make it a safe haven for him and other baddies. He also eventually starts a gang to help him.
    The best I could do for his first evil PUBLIC act of violence or evil was terrorize and torture a group of scouts and steal their Swiss knives. I wanted it to be something heinous-he's sort of on a journey of self-discovery to find out how bad he can be.
    I thought of making him steal money but he'd have to have a reason for doing that and he'd have to discover the value of money.
    Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to improve on this, or suggestions for better ideas that would work? Please let me know.
    Other people suggested:
    The evil clone should either witness a public local appearance of some celeb, steal someone's tickets out of curiousity and attack the celeb, or witness a local robbery, assist the robbers and assault the hostages and make sure it's all caught on tape.
    In either scenario he'd get notoriety points.

The main characters are called Tuffy and Bull.
    There's also Ruffy Tuffy's brother and Trump, Tuffy's black counterpart.

Malice, Wrath, Ox, and Knave are Tuffy's, Ruffy's, Bull's and Trump's evil counterparts, respectively.

MC Skat Kat was marketable back in the day, but I bet Heinekenrana forgot that.
    Last edited by Mavericker; 04-28-2009 at 11:27 AM.

Senior Member Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

My idea:

Streetfighting cats & dogs who fight crime-it's a multicultural comic-it's Catillac Cats meets Street Fighter. They meet with other groups of streetfighting cats & dogs around their town, the country and the world and become allies and help in their fight against evil and become part of their group, & fight evil streetfighting cats and dogs.
    The heroes will sometimes become superheroes & the villians supervillians.
    Typical things that happen-they find a valubale mineral reseve under the town-the military gets involved and the bad guys want to get their hands on the mineral.
    The heroes work on some new defense tech and the villians go and spy on them.
    The villians plot to find ways to get rid of the heroes.
    The heroes meet with pals/relatives and it's a chance to stop local baddies in those areas.
    The main character decides to fight crime 'cause his dad was a cop.
    His sidekick is more brains than brawn and they both have a scientific prodigy friend they go to for tech help.

Also:

I have a doppelganger/clone that was was created from the hero as a result of some scientific experiment and he turned out to be evil, and he was just created, either intentionally or by accident. What would his first PUBLIC act of violence or evil be? Initially and logically he'd do something to hurt the hero before going out in public. The clone is the arch-villain in the series and he vies to eventually get back at the hero and destroy him and his friends- he wants to get rid of all the heroes and take over the town and eventually the world and make it a safe haven for him and other baddies. He also eventually starts a gang to help him.
    The best I could do for his first evil PUBLIC act of violence or evil was terrorize and torture a group of scouts and steal their Swiss knives. I wanted it to be something heinous-he's sort of on a journey of self-discovery to find out how bad he can be.
    I thought of making him steal money but he'd have to have a reason for doing that and he'd have to discover the value of money.
    Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to improve on this, or suggestions for better ideas that would work? Please let me know.
    Other people suggested:
    The evil clone should either witness a public local appearance of some celeb, steal someone's tickets out of curiousity and attack the celeb, or witness a local robbery, assist the robbers and assault the hostages and make sure it's all caught on tape.
    In either scenario he'd get notoriety points.

Malice, Wrath, Ox, and Knave are Tuffy's, Ruffy's, Bull's and Trump's evil counterparts, respectively.
    That's just an amalgamation of everything I and others said wasn't very good from the last thread. In fact, I know at least some parts of it are copy-pasted because you kept the questions in.

It's just so painfully generic.

Senior Member Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana has a reputation beyond repute Heinekenrana's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Candlejack Xmas Bear2 Jack O Lantern
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-17-2011 12:09 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

A. Today's market will neither know nor care about the Catillac Cats.
    B. There's already a Streetfighter franchise. No one needs another one no matter how popular that original one is.
    C. Terrorizing Scouts = not really all that heartrending or emotionally investing.
    D. Seraphim's quote has nothing to do with your idea since everyone can already see it.
    E. The Evil Clone? Already been done by numerous other sources. That idea's not a very good one.

Come up with something more marketable and original. Don't bother telling me in incensed caps lock that this idea has been looked over by comic book honchos, either, because in my experience with you yeah, it has been, but it's been rejected. It won't sell.

And I don't care if MC Skat Kat, who as far as I know was a one note joke for a Paula Abdul video, was marketable or not. I buy comics, lots of the members here buy comics, and I think it's safe to say no one here would spend a dime on your idea as you have it now.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Sanosuke23 View Post
    That's just an amalgamation of everything I and others said wasn't very good from the last thread. In fact, I know at least some parts of it are copy-pasted because you kept the questions in.

It's just so painfully generic.
    Go here:
    http://forum.deviantart.com/galleries/cartoons/1278925/

Celestial Aria Seraphim SeraphimAriaRhapsody has a reputation beyond repute SeraphimAriaRhapsody has a reputation beyond repute SeraphimAriaRhapsody has a reputation beyond repute SeraphimAriaRhapsody has a reputation beyond repute SeraphimAriaRhapsody has a reputation beyond repute SeraphimAriaRhapsody has a reputation beyond repute SeraphimAriaRhapsody has a reputation beyond repute SeraphimAriaRhapsody has a reputation beyond repute SeraphimAriaRhapsody has a reputation beyond repute SeraphimAriaRhapsody has a reputation beyond repute SeraphimAriaRhapsody has a reputation beyond repute SeraphimAriaRhapsody's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-03-2009 09:50 AM
    Among other seraphims in the celestral plains singing arias of great splendor.
    Threads

B. There's already a Streetfighter franchise. No one needs another one no matter how popular that original one is.
    C. Terrorizing Scouts = not really all that heartrending or emotionally investing.
    D. Seraphim's quote has nothing to do with your idea since everyone can already see it.
    E. The Evil Clone? Already been done by numerous other sources. That idea's not a very good one.

Come up with something more marketable and original. Don't bother telling me in incensed caps lock that this idea has been looked over by comic book honchos, either, because in my experience with you yeah, it has been, but it's been rejected. It won't sell.

And I don't care if MC Skat Kat, who as far as I know was a one note joke for a Paula Abdul video, was marketable or not. I buy comics, lots of the members here buy comics, and I think it's safe to say no one here would spend a dime on your idea as you have it now.
    Yellow7's talk is pointless when it hasn't shown the goods or used it's wasted schooling for it.

What i like to know is where is your comic?

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I'm going to set aside the fact that dA is the worst possible place to go for worthwhile criticism for a second* and point out that the ONE person that gave you advice basically told you to flesh out your ideas some. Go into detail. MAKE THEM UNIQUE AND NOT GENERIC.

*Not to say that worthwhile criticism can't be found on dA, just that there are far too many boot-lickers and people incapable of constructive criticism to make it a reliable place for helpful critique.

Senior Member Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Pink Ribbon Neko Tv Hello Kitty
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-19-2013 07:45 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I don't read American comics but I really like all of the movies that Merfel (LOL) puts out. I can't wait to see the new Xmen film.
    Last edited by Baka; 04-28-2009 at 03:43 PM.

Bring me back!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by edward10 View Post
    I'm looking for episodes that have hungry girls with growling stomachs
    I lol'd at this

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Sanosuke23 View Post
    I'm going to set aside the fact that dA is the worst possible place to go for worthwhile criticism for a second* and point out that the ONE person that gave you advice basically told you to flesh out your ideas some. Go into detail. MAKE THEM UNIQUE AND NOT GENERIC.

*Not to say that worthwhile criticism can't be found on dA, just that there are far too many boot-lickers and people incapable of constructive criticism to make it a reliable place for helpful critique.
    I also went here: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/852724/25
    http://forums.comicbookresources.com...=263165&page=2
    http://forums.toonzone.net/showthread.php?t=215122
    http://forums.delphiforums.com/dictionary/messages

Quote Originally Posted by SeraphimAriaRadiance View Post
    Yellow7's talk is pointless when it hasn't shown the goods or used it's wasted schooling for it.
    Stop calling me that and stop trolling this thread.

Heinekenrana is a pessimist:

YES IT WILL and go here, and go here if you interested:
    I also went here: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/852724/25

Some people do like my idea.

It's Streetfighter meets Catillac Cats with Warriors mixed in.

I am taking elements from all three things.

Heinekenrana thinks old-fashoined stuff won't sell? SHE IS A PESSIMIST.

They came out with a Warriors comic, a comic BASED ON SOME OLD '70s MOVIE or did she forget that also?

I don't care if YOU don't think it will sell-I know what junk YOU like.

You'd rather see stuff like zombies and magic and garbage like that.As I said Heineken is a PESSIMIST.
    They came out with a Warriors comic.

I like some of the ideas given at devnatart.com:

~HappyMilkXD Apr 17, 2009, 5:10:47 PM He should have a reason to be evil, to make it more logical, he must be angry because of being an experiment, or maybe he is jelous of the original.

His first bad act should be make a random chatastrofical act to atract the attention of the hero. It must be something really important and evil, not to steal money or something, I mean something that puts in danger life of people.

Then some of the people around there watch him doing the action and get impressed about his powers/skills/etc. and join them to form a gang.

When the hero arrives, they have an important but short battle, it must shows the basic powers/skills/etc. (again) of each of the characters. You might put also that the hero starts alone or with one friend, and then other people join him too, like the evil ones.

~Mavericker7 5 days 14 hours ago Should Tuffy and Ruffy be brother's or should Ruffy be Tuffy's evil clone?

Also:

When you create a copy of a good character, whether it's his relative, or an evil clone, how do you modify the copy, to not make it look exactly the same as the original, other than modifying it's color scheme?

~HappyMilkXD 4 days 23 hours ago I think that the protagonist must have companions, wheteher brothers or friends, doesn't matters. So you should make him his brother (another idea is to be a brother who turns evil or something like that)

You can change his outifit, you can change his look (like hairstyle, tattoos maybe, scars if needed, etc.) that's what I think you can do, and if you want to make it realistic, you can try leaving the same color scheme.

~Mavericker7 4 days 17 hours ago I want the brother to have the same kind of outfit, but modify his hair.

What physical distinguishing traits should I give the brother? I was thinking maybe a neckband or wristbands, or a band around his arm, and the main character not have any bands.

I was thinking the villain could go to a bar, fight the thugs in the bar and beat them, and them force them to join him and form a gang.

~HappyMilkXD 4 days 14 hours ago Okay, the band things is all right, but I didn't like at all the bar thing, I mean to force them to join him. What I think you can do is that: 3 thugs fight vs. him, then he wins, all the other people get like: and then he makes an speech like: "if you join me you can get all this power and moar!" an that. But only show this once, then you can show that new people join him (without showing how).

Another idea you can do in the middle of the story or like so, is to kidnap the sister/brother/boy/girlfriend of one of the protagonist and then he/she/it joins the enemy to set him/her/it free, did you got how? xD

~Mavericker7 3 days 1 hour ago The villain goes to to bar because he wants to get rid of the heroes and is seeking out thugs to form a gang for help. He challenges the thugs in the bar to a fight and wins, and the thugs agree to join him.

~HappyMilkXD 3 days 42 minutes ago Allright, just make sure to just show that scene once, because if you make it appear too many times people will get bored.

Allright, now what else do you need help with?

~Mavericker7 2 days 25 minutes ago Thank you for helping me. Do you like that idea? Having the main villain seeking out a gang?

Tuffy and Ruffy have evil clones, Mailce and Wrath, respectively.

Do you like those names? I wanted to call the clones Towny and Rowdy, or Tussler and Ruffler, or Terror and Ruffler.

Would having more than one set of evil clones confuse people?

What names would you give Puffy's and Scruffy's evil clones?

I was thinking of:
    Peril and Scourge
    Panic and Scourge
    Fury and Scourge

~HappyMilkXD 1 day 16 hours ago Well, the main villian should have look a gang, of course, but you could also show other ways villians could join him.

About the clones names, it depends on how much real would you like your comic appear, if its not that realistic, then you could use Tussler and Ruffler, I guess, or you can choose it by your own criteria.

About the confusion of the clones, if you make a bunch of clones, but only one pair as the main clones, then that won't confuse. It would confuse if all of the sets of clones appear constantly in your story, and more if their names are like the originals. If you are gonna use this last idea, then I recomend to give them a special mark, you know, a mark that the scientists gave them to keep control of them, or something like that, like a code.

And the names for Puffy and Scruffy could be Peril/Panic and Scourge (I prefer Peril) but don't take Fury, that would change your stereotype of similarities in names.

I hope I didn't confused you, and sorry if I hav vad Ingllich, xP

~HappyMilkXD 1 day 16 hours ago Well, the main villian should have look a gang, of course, but you could also show other ways villians could join him.

About the clones names, it depends on how much real would you like your comic appear, if its not that realistic, then you could use Tussler and Ruffler, I guess, or you can choose it by your own criteria.

About the confusion of the clones, if you make a bunch of clones, but only one pair as the main clones, then that won't confuse. It would confuse if all of the sets of clones appear constantly in your story, and more if their names are like the originals. If you are gonna use this last idea, then I recomend to give them a special mark, you know, a mark that the scientists gave them to keep control of them, or something like that, like a code.

And the names for Puffy and Scruffy could be Peril/Panic and Scourge (I prefer Peril) but don't take Fury, that would change your stereotype of similarities in names.

I hope I didn't confused you, and sorry if I hav vad Ingllich, xP

~Mavericker7 1 day 15 hours ago I am trying to not make the names too similar.

How about Strife for Puffy's evil clone?

I'm trying to keep with the theme of the evil clones- Malice, Wrath, etc.

I drew a pic of Tuffy and Ruffy-the bands on Ruffy are too distracting so I modified his hair and gave him the same outfit as Tuffy, I just made his shirt a different color.

I think this would work-wouldn't you agree?

Also when the main characters set out to meet other characters, around town or the US, or around the world, what are some good ways they can meet other streetfighters and gangs besides meeting in tournaments?What are good ways they can meet with cowboys or sailors or soldiers or military personnel or sports figures?

I have stories in which they discover new minerals/elements in reserves under the city and the military gets involved.

~HappyMilkXD 1 day 14 hours ago 1st line: good!

2nd line: I like the name!

3rd paragraph: good idea too.

4th and 5th: Could you upload some artwork to your profile so I can understand better your description?

6th: Think it this way, you say that they meet friends in tournaments, because that's one interest on the streetfighters, so find another interests they may have (like new skills, weapons, a mystical power or I don't know, stuff like that).

7th: What I think you should do, is to make that stories to take various episodes, like sagas, for example, the first saga, a short one, about an introduction to their universe and the main plot, show the creation of the clone project (unless you want to keep it like a mystery). Then another saga could be something like a lesser mission, something that doesn't seems to matter that much, but anyways, it could have an important key to the main plot. Then in the third saga, you start making the things more interesting, you must start raising the skills and power of heroes and villians, then in the 4th saga, they must be even powerfull, and you must show that things are getting more difficult, keep doing so until the end of your comic.

I don't know if you know Spanish, however I'm gonna help you: look at this image [link]

First it says: Begining
    It then divides in two: Intro to the left, and "Equilibrium break" at right (this last one means how the problem starts. It's also optional)

Both of them will take you to the big yellow circle, I don't know how it says in English (in Spanish is knot), it refers to the body of the story. For this part, make sure the lector wants to keep reading, and that he wants to know the end.

The "knot" can take you to a spin/turn (I don't know how it's in English either >.< ) It's something the lector doesn't waits to see, like Darth Vader is father of Luke, or that the bold guy in the first book of Harry Potter has Voldemort in his head, stuff like that.

The "knot" also takes you to the dénouement, (if you didn't skipped the "spin/turn", it will lead you to this part) here you must make sure that the lector has an "idea" of where the things may end, but not the exact idea. A dénouement can have various "spin/turns" inside, so you make it even more emotional.

Then, very close to the dénouement, you add the climax, where things reach their max point.

Then it comes the end, you show how the world lives happy, an epilogy maybe, and then that's all!

If you are gonna use the saga things I recomended you, then you can substitute the end part and start another saga since the beggining. When starting another saga, you can also erase the introduction thing, since the lector already knows what happened.

~Mavericker7 1 day 12 hours ago You misunderstand me-where can the main characters meet other streetfighters besides tournaments and malls and conventions?

If they were visiting foreign countries what other areas would they meet large groups of characters in?

~HappyMilkXD 1 day 3 hours ago Well, I told you, doesn't matters the place at all, but what does the place has that calls the attention of the streetfighters.

And it also depends on which other countries, for example, let say Spain, which has the bullfighting as one emm... "feature" or tradition, or I don't know, but the important thing is that Spain can be caracterized for that, so you can make like a famous spanish streetfighter is gonna bullfight in certain arena, and then Tuffy and Ruffy and their friends or whoever go to that arena where the bullfighting is showing, then at the end, the streetfighter challenges someone of the spectators to fight him.

That was one idea you could have, but the main idea you must have in mind is to take something characteristic of a country and use it in your stories as you want. Also, when I said something caracteristic it's not necessary a place, it could be a concept, like Italy and its art, etc.
    Last edited by Mavericker; 04-28-2009 at 01:22 PM.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Heineken wrote:

ONE PUBLISHER doesn't mean OTHERS WON'T LOOK AT IT. Moron.

Did you READ these other links?:

I elsu vent here-a: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/852724/25

You're a racist-someone makes a BLACK cartoon you think it's stupid.
    Last edited by Mavericker; 04-28-2009 at 03:14 PM.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Does anyone have any advice as to how to improve on my idea?

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

[sigh] since you cant behave in your own thread, Im gonna close this

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\