AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: The Flight of Dragons

Banned Forum / Chat Jetame has a reputation beyond repute Jetame has a reputation beyond repute Jetame has a reputation beyond repute Jetame has a reputation beyond repute Jetame has a reputation beyond repute Jetame has a reputation beyond repute Jetame has a reputation beyond repute Jetame has a reputation beyond repute Jetame has a reputation beyond repute Jetame has a reputation beyond repute Jetame has a reputation beyond repute Jetame's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-10-2009 09:24 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default The Flight of Dragons

Anyone here remember The Fight of Dragons?

I seriously loved that movie more than anything and it's really sad that almost everyone I know don't even know what it is! I mean they even made a game series to go with the moive and the books for cryin' out loud!!

It's really, really sad...and so...I decided to throw this out here. Just to see if there is anyone at all that remembers this jewel of a movie and how great it truely was!

Anyway, as of now there is still now DVD of it, only the VHS, which really sucks!!

But for all of you out there who don't know what I'm talking about, I'll give an overview, K?

Flight of Dragons a tale of the world of fantasy, which is dying. And so the four wizard brother's of magic come together to save their dying world. A plan is formed where the real of magic be sealed away from the world, letting only those with a strong imagination and belief in the magical world to enter. Let alone know of it's existance.

One of the brother's refuses to just hide and so he declairs war. Leaving his three brother's to stop him. After consulting the tree of ages, a hero is found, a human from the future. Peter, a man of logic is brought into the world of magic to save them and the future as well. But is he ready to face what fate has deemed for him?

And there you have it! No I'm not going to give away anything else. After all, no one wants me to spoil the movie before you even see it, now do you?

This is a great summary also- There was a time between the waning age of enchantment and the dawning age of logic
    when dragons flew the sky, free and unencumbered.
    All mankind is facing an epic choice: a world of magic or a world of science.
    Which would it be?

Anyway, this movie inspired my love of Dragons and all things magical. At least, it did more than the Disney movies and the like.

I always was a lover of strange movies, even as a child.

But anyway, I would love it if anyone who knows of this moive would disscuss it with me.

So let's get going people!!

Member AutisticOtakuGirl is infamous around these parts AutisticOtakuGirl is infamous around these parts AutisticOtakuGirl is infamous around these parts AutisticOtakuGirl is infamous around these parts AutisticOtakuGirl is infamous around these parts AutisticOtakuGirl is infamous around these parts AutisticOtakuGirl is infamous around these parts AutisticOtakuGirl is infamous around these parts AutisticOtakuGirl is infamous around these parts AutisticOtakuGirl is infamous around these parts AutisticOtakuGirl is infamous around these parts AutisticOtakuGirl's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-15-2010 08:19 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    I live in Orlando Florida (you know, the Disney state.)
    Threads

I've seen it too, and I also am a big dragon fan. Funny thing is I first actually saw it on the Disney Channel. I don't think there's been an official release on DVD, but I go every year to this anime/sci-fi/comic book convention called Megacon (I live in Orlando Florida) and one year I actually found what I think was a bootleg copy of Flight of Dragons. They have booths in the dealers room each year that sell unofficial copies of old and rare, hard to find and mostly out of print movies, cartooons and other fantasy and sci-fi shows on DVD. Anyway, it was in it's own case and the picture seems kinda stretched. I think they scanned the VHS tape cover altered it to fit a DVD case (remember tape covers are taller than DVD cases) and made copies. Though they may not be official or authorized copies, I was lucky to find it on DVD at all and now I have a copy I can watch on my DVD player. So if you ever go to or decide to go to a sci-fi/anime/comic book mixed type of convention you should look for it in the dealers room. You may just find a DVD copy of it there. FYI, this movie was released by a company called Rankin&Bass Entertainment. If you haven't seen these already you may also like these other films they made: The Hobbit, The Return of the King and The Last Unicorn. A few other anime films that fall in the rare/out-of-print/hard to find categories that I found and bought at Megacon are The Fantastic Adventures of Unico, Unico in the Island of Magic and a Japanese- anime version of Jack and the Beanstalk. These were also on the Disney-Channel when I first saw them as a child.

Closed Thread

Thread Information