AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: My old highschool Artwork

Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Moonlight's Old Artwork

Well, I have no idea why it took me so long to post these. They've been in my deviantart for a while, so I figured i'd share them here too.

These are all old pieces of artwork when I was in highschool (1997~2001). They are all freehand, and mostly anime-ish drawings, art projects, and random doodles. I used to doodle alot during lunch breaks and study hall. The first one was done somewhere in middle school though I think.

I used to draw alot when I was a kid, and alot back in school. Now, I don't usually draw anymore unless it's for a project or something. I had wanted to be an animator back in school, but I later changed my mind because I lost interest or simply didn't feel I was good enough.

My mother used to be an artist, although you probably can't really tell from the pieces below because alot of them are incredibly lame. =D

(The descriptions are taken from my DA page.)

------

Link Zelda Illustration
    Year: 1994/95
    Materials Used: Pencil/Pen/Colored Pencil

This is a old drawing of Link from The Legend of Zelda. It was taken from the box or manual of "The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past" for the Super Nintendo.

It's one of the oldest drawings I still have, so i'm not entirely sure about the year it was drawn. It was most likely done in the early 90's when the game came out, though.

"Moon Tiara Magic!" Illustration
    Year: 1996
    Materials Used: Pencil/Black Marker, Colored Pencil

A drawing of Sailor Moon from the anime, performing her "Moon Tiara Magic ("Action" in the original) attack. Of course, her eyes are much too big for her face, but oh well. ^^;

"Venus Crescent Beam!" Illustration
    Year: 1997
    Materials Used: Pencil/Pen/Black Marker/Colored Pencil

A drawing of Sailor Venus from the anime, performing her "Crescent Beam" attack.

Hinoto-Hime from X/1999 [Manga]
    Materials Used: Pencil

This is a drawing from an X/1999 manga I had (back in the day, I was subscribed to the anime magazine "Animerica"), and I remember that I really liked this image of Princess Hinoto from CLAMP's "X" series, so, I decided to draw it one day while in class.

It's one of my favorites. I've only seen a couple episodes of the anime, but I really do like the manga illustrations alot more.

Till we Meet Again
    Materials Used: Pencil/Colored Pencil/Marker/Silver & Blue Glitter

This is an illustration of Princess Serenity and Prince Endymion from the Sailormoon anime in the Moon Kingdom Palace, before Beryl attacks.

It is based on one of the episodes in the anime where an artist is insprired from her dreams, and shows Usagi & Mamoru an illustration that she drew, that looks close to Serenity and Endymion from the past, and the girl is holding the Star Locket.

The artist's drawing in that episode is called "Till we meet again", (in the NA dub, I was a dub fan first), and so I named it after that. Blue and Silver glitter was used on the earth and the sky behind.

"Sailor Troll" Conception

I honestly have no idea what compelled me to draw this, except for extreme boredom. I'm pretty sure this was done in my first year of high school.

Apparently, this was my conception of what a troll doll would look like if it came as a "Sailormoon" Troll Doll (they were popular in the early to mid/late 90's.) And yes, it's quite detailed, from the tag on the doll, to the "Silver Entrolleum Crystal" (shaped like a troll doll face), to "Queen Trollinity" at the bottom, and "Troll Princess of troll kingdom" ... O_o;

(yes, I know it has some misspellings, lol.)

She also has a "Cresent Troll Wand"! you know, it would be a good collector's item if they ever sold these in stores.

Queen and Princess Serenity
    Materials Used: Pencil/Colored Pencil/Marker/Silver & Blue Glitter

This is an illustration of Queen Serenity and Princess Serenity from the Sailormoon anime. It's taken from a scene in Sailormoon R where Queen Serenity gives Princess Serenity a new locket to replace the old one that was destroyed by the youma. It is the first episode of her second transformation.

The background, the cosmos outside of the Moon Kingdom Palace, is decorated with Silver and Blue glitter. I thought it would look like the Silver Millenium, but of course it's hard to see in the picture. It looks much better in person when you turn it in the light.

"Kodomo no Shinjiru" Baby Usagi
    Materials Used: Pencil/Black Pen/Marker/Whiteout/Colored Pencil

A cute picture drawn from one of my Sailormoon S artbooks, of baby Usagi playing in a sandbox. The original drawing was actually cut out and then pasted onto another piece of drawing paper to make it bigger.

In the top left hand corner, it says "Kodomo no Shinjiru" (which was supposed to say "Child of Destiny", but due to my poor japanese translation at the time, says something along the lines of "Child of Believing" or "Child who Believes" ... which isn't too bad, I guess.) Underneath that, it says "Akachan Usagi", or "Baby Usagi."

Whiteout was used to add a shine to her shovel, the rims of her sand bucket, and the tiny white bunny under the title on the top left corner.

Shapes & Shading Art Project

This was a project for one of my high school classes in art -- the goal was to create an illustration using shapes that were sort of intertwined and overlapped, and shading them to give them a rounded effect.

Of course, at that time, I couldn't help but add some Sailormoon into it, although it's very subtle if you're not good at catching small details. The shapes represent each one of the Shitennou (beryl's Dark Kingdom generals) in the anime, and the Black Moon in Sailormoon R, along with their individual colors.

The red symbol in the middle is Nephrite's symbol for when he posesses one of his target's items. It says "Kurai Oukoku" in hiragana, which, due to my poor translation at the time, was supposed to say "Dark Kingdom", but it was too literal. (I later realized it was simply ダークキングダム, or "Dark Kingdom" in katakana.)

The upside-down black cresent moon on the top left says "Black Moon" in katakana. The blue and green circles on the top right say "Kunzite" and "Zoisite." The big red circle on the bottom left says "Jadeite".

The upside-down black cresent moon overlapped with Jadeite is of course, Rubeus from the Black Moon. The yellow oval in the bottom right hand corner says "Nephrite" and has some stars to symbolize him.

"Evil Queen" in Lair Illustration
    Year: 1998

This is a drawing I did of an "Evil Queen" ... one of my own characters at the time. Obviously, any Sailormoon fan can tell it it's based quite closely on Queen Beryl from the Dark Kingdom, only with but black hair, a black dress, wires protruding from her crown on the sides of her hair, different earrings, a jewel in the center of her forehead, and a throne and lair much like Queen Beryl's.

I don't remember if I ever named her. I think she was supposed to be related to beryl somehow.

Kunzite Color Illustration
    Year: 1999
    Materials Used: Pencil/Colored Pencil/Blue Glitter Pen/Whiteout

This is a color illustration of Kunzite (or Malachite in the NA english version) from the Sailormoon anime. It's taken from a scene in one of the episodes where the 7 Nijizuishou (Rainbow Crystals) fly to where Sailormoon and the other senshi are (along with a fallen Tuxedo Kamen), to form the Ginzuishou that transforms Sailormoon into Princess Serenity.

There is dark blue glitter on the rims of his jacket collar, his earrings, and the pupils of his eyes.

Rubeus color Illustration
    Materials Used: Pencil/Colored Pencil/Red Glitter pen

A drawing of one of my favorite villains from the Black Moon in the Sailormoon anime -- Rubeus. Also, you can't see it well, but red glitter was used on the outline of his hair.

Anime Comic Art Project
    Materials Used: Pencil/Pen/Colored Pencil/Black Pen

This was a project for one of my high school art classes. We were to make a comic strip with a little story behind it, only it was to be illustration only, and no words. I don't believe I ever gave the characters names, but they were original anime-ish characters created by me. It reads from left to right.

The short story is, if I can remember it -- the little sister is sad and starts to cry, and the big brother wants to cheer her up, but at first he doesn't know how.

Then, he realizes that the "The Great Circus" is in town, and decides to take her there to see the panda bear perform. She forgets her troubles, her brother buys her a balloon and a stuffed panda bear, and they are both happy. The End.

Well yes, i'm an artist, not so much a storywriter ... :]

Anime Girl Shopping Sketch

This is a drawing I did in high school during a break. She has no name. She's just a random anime girl that I thought up. I remember someone complimenting me on it as they walked by. :]

Random Anime Girl Doodles
    Materials Used: Pencil/Pen/Black Pen/Colored Pencil/Marker

More doodles I did in high school of random anime girls. The top one in the sailor suit was was never finished, and the bottom one was cut out of the back of my notebook and colored in.

And no, I have no idea what the top girl is doing, lol.

Custom Stamp Paint Art Project

Materials Used: Paint/Custom Made Stamps/Mesh

In one of my high school art classes, we made custom stamps. The leaf branches are from a stamp that I made from a block of rubber that we carved ourselves with exacto knives, and the small "rabbit in the moon" stamps and little stars were carved out of hard rubber and pressed into yellow and green paint.

Mesh and rollers were used for the dot effect. It looks pretty interesting I think, although it probably would have looked better without the stars on the bottom left, which were also made with a custom made rubber stamp.

Nose and Ear Sketches

Pencil Sketches done in one of my high school art classes. They are just random sketches of noses, ears, and the shading and different angles of each.

Face Profiles and Sketches

Pencil sketches done in one of my high school art classes. They are just random sketches of eyes, faces and different profiles along with shading, different expressions, etc.

------

If I draw anything recent and upload it, i'll be sure to add it here. =D
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hinoto_Hime_from_X1999_Manga_by_moonlightkisu.png‎
Views:	77
Size:	896.7 KB
ID:	24581   Click image for larger version

Name:	SailorVenus_Color_Illustration_by_moonlightkisu.png‎
Views:	445
Size:	578.6 KB
ID:	24582   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kodomo_no_Shinjiru_Baby_Usagi_by_moonlightkisu.png‎
Views:	93
Size:	543.1 KB
ID:	24583   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sailor_moon_color_Illustration_by_moonlightkisu.png‎
Views:	136
Size:	409.8 KB
ID:	24584  
    Last edited by Miss Moonlight; 06-13-2009 at 02:56 AM. Reason: changing title
    月の光は愛のメッセージ

Visage Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-28-2009 05:11 PM
    Threads

What the heck....

Links of superb artworks? O_O"

Damn man , from the shading to the whole drawing , the ideas , the imagination , especially the expressions , truly amazing.

Bravo , glad i was here.
    wish me luck for furture guys!!!!
    Thanks for everything!!!
    ^___^

Dream With Me Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-13-2009 04:09 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: Dream ♥

Lol the girls are hot......I love the detail...Me take them date now?

Senior Member DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts Heart Carrot Chilled Monkey Brains
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-12-2013 03:50 PM
    Threads

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Madness View Post
    What the heck....

Links of superb artworks? O_O"

Damn man , from the shading to the whole drawing , the ideas , the imagination , especially the expressions , truly amazing.

Bravo , glad i was here.

I have to agree with SM right here, they are amazing, considering i'm a fan of Sailor Moon, and the X: the movie. Keep up the good work.

Member tsukinowa has a reputation beyond repute tsukinowa has a reputation beyond repute tsukinowa has a reputation beyond repute tsukinowa has a reputation beyond repute tsukinowa has a reputation beyond repute tsukinowa has a reputation beyond repute tsukinowa has a reputation beyond repute tsukinowa has a reputation beyond repute tsukinowa has a reputation beyond repute tsukinowa has a reputation beyond repute tsukinowa has a reputation beyond repute tsukinowa's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-17-2010 03:19 PM
    Threads

wooow
    i like the sailor troll ^__^

Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tsukinowa View Post
    wooow
    i like the sailor troll ^__^
    Thanks, that's one of my stranger pieces, lol.
    月の光は愛のメッセージ

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 10:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

I'm like, having Sailor Moon flashbacks. ;__; Quenn Beryl!

Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.

Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Capernicus View Post
    I'm like, having Sailor Moon flashbacks. ;__; Quenn Beryl!
    I know, it's like a flash from the past to look at these, hah. =p
    月の光は愛のメッセージ

SOS Brigade Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Cheshire Cat Be Mine 312 - Minun
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2023 08:47 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Those are some wicked pieces of art work! Awesome! I love what appears to be, mini sailor moon in the sand. That one is cute! ^^

Every great work of art has two faces, one toward its own time and one toward the future, toward eternity.
    Daniel Barenboim

Here is my family!:
    lilminx: My awesome big sister!
    *Tsuki*: Awesome lil sister!
    Teddy2116:Cool big bro!
    Hikaru_Hitachiin: Cool older Brother!
    kirei-chan: Awesomo big sister!
    Serpentarius: Brother in law!

Junior Member GoGo Yoruichi has a brilliant future GoGo Yoruichi has a brilliant future GoGo Yoruichi has a brilliant future GoGo Yoruichi has a brilliant future GoGo Yoruichi has a brilliant future GoGo Yoruichi has a brilliant future GoGo Yoruichi has a brilliant future GoGo Yoruichi has a brilliant future GoGo Yoruichi has a brilliant future GoGo Yoruichi has a brilliant future GoGo Yoruichi has a brilliant future GoGo Yoruichi's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-07-2009 12:07 PM
    Threads

LOL at the Sailor Trolls. Never thought about combining those two. I also like the Baby Sailor Moon. =)

between light and shadow. naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-07-2010 12:03 PM
    Threads

Nice drawings. They are all perfect. Sailor moon is a real classic and I love the artwork you have done of it. Well please keep drawing and updating for us!

Senior Member Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Pink Ribbon Neko Tv Hello Kitty
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-19-2013 07:45 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I like your art. The little baby is sooo cute.

Bring me back!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by edward10 View Post
    I'm looking for episodes that have hungry girls with growling stomachs
    I lol'd at this

Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Obi Baka View Post
    I like your art. The little baby is sooo cute.
    Thanks, baka and everyone! :]
    月の光は愛のメッセージ

Closed Thread

Thread Information