AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: "Zero-G Love" - Mari Iijima (Macross)

Junior Member djsquelch is on a distinguished road djsquelch's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-16-2009 02:13 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default "Zero-G Love" - Mari Iijima (Macross)

Hi, I just provided an English translation for this song and while i was at it I thought I would correct the Romaji that was already provided. The most critical error I found were that words were strung together through out- sometimesthatis hard toread, if you catch my drift from what I just typed.

While making an effort to translate the lyrics using eudict.com, I discovered a lot of words just weren't translating. Breaking apart some of these words that were strung together made translation easier, however I realized something else in my search: Most sites that feature lyrics for this song are submitted by the same guy- the same guy who submitted the same lyrics for this song at this site, and written in the same incorrect way. I figured someone should be proud to feature them printed correctly. Why not Anime Lyrics? Whenever my friends or I search for lyrics featured in anime, we inevitably come to animelyrics.com because if it isn't here it most likely cannot be found elsewhere.

The lyrics currently provided are as follows:
    Zero-G Love, Zero-G Love
    Zero-G Love, Zero-G Love

Kareto gakkouno kaerimichi
    Itsumono kadono wakaremichi

Hitoga inaino misumashite
    Yokokumo nashini kizu sareta

Watashi ichiou okotta furi
    Dakedo, dakedo, dakedo

Atama fura fura, kokoro fuwa fuwa
    Zero-G Love, Zero-G Love
    One, two, three, four Zero-G Love

Karadaga kazeni notte tonoeyuku

Zero-G Love, Zero-G Love

The lyrics I found and would like to use as a replacement are as follows:
    “0-G Love 0-G Love”
    “0-G Love 0-G Love”

Kare to gakkou no kaerimichi
    Itsumo no kado no wakaremichi

Hito ga inai no misumashite
    Yokoku mo nashi ni kiss sareta

Watashi ichiou okottafuri
    Dakedo dakedo dakedo
    atama furafura kokoro fuwafuwa

“0-G Love 0-G Love”
    “4 3 2 1 0-G Love”
    Karada ga kaze ni notte tondeyuku.

As you can see the subtleties are minor, but they do make a difference and I feel it is important to strive for accuracy whenever it is available. In this case after a little searching with Google,I found them here: http://www.animeigo.com/liner/macross5.pdf. Since these are liner notes for both the English and Japanese translations, one is safe in the knowledge that these are official.

On a side note, I would also like to say that I am aware of three versions of this song- a faster rock/pop version (which can be found on Super Dimension Fortress Macross, track 6), a slower pop/jazz/lounge version (which can be found on Mylene Jenius Sings Lynn Minmay, track 3), and another slower downtempo version (which can be found on Mari Iijima Sings Lynn Minmay, track 3). The first and last version I mentioned are sung by Mari Iijima while the second is performed by the singing -- not spoken -- voice actress of Mylene Jenius, Chie Kajiura. The last version is my personal favorite and it can be requested at online anime radio stations such as radio.keiichi.net- not to mention that hearing that track alone can also validate (aside from the link I posted that bares the text as proof, itself) discrepancies in the existing Japanese lyrics, i.e. "4, 3, 2, 1, zero-g love" not "1, 2, 3, 4, zero-g love" and other words strung together. I hope this post has been useful and complete.

紺碧の闇
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Little Big Planet Sackboy Neko Tv Prinny
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-05-2019 07:48 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: azutsukimiya

I'll put up whatever was in Animeigo's notes. If you find more of these, please provide the link. Don't try and find virtually every official translation you come across though, you'd make us lose our jobs.

As for the person's transliteration style, I've come across textbooks that do the similar thing with particles so I can't say it is altogether wrong. It's just that like you said it's hard to read.
    Last edited by AzureDark; 04-16-2009 at 02:53 AM.

...so that you know where you can find me

Senior Member zerog has a reputation beyond repute zerog has a reputation beyond repute zerog has a reputation beyond repute zerog has a reputation beyond repute zerog has a reputation beyond repute zerog has a reputation beyond repute zerog has a reputation beyond repute zerog has a reputation beyond repute zerog has a reputation beyond repute zerog has a reputation beyond repute zerog has a reputation beyond repute zerog's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-20-2009 01:20 PM
    Threads

you rang?

To say is easy, To do that is hard... (Rurouni Kenshin)

Closed Thread

Thread Information