AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Openings/Endings/Previews.

Puzzle Piece; Pseudonym has a reputation beyond repute Pseudonym has a reputation beyond repute Pseudonym has a reputation beyond repute Pseudonym has a reputation beyond repute Pseudonym has a reputation beyond repute Pseudonym has a reputation beyond repute Pseudonym has a reputation beyond repute Pseudonym has a reputation beyond repute Pseudonym has a reputation beyond repute Pseudonym has a reputation beyond repute Pseudonym has a reputation beyond repute Pseudonym's Avatar
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-11-2009 06:27 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    In a limousine trying to outrun the paparazzi. ;]
    Threads

Default Openings/Endings/Previews.

In an anime, do you watch the openings, endings or previews?

For me, I watch the openings and endings once and then I will fast forward for the next episode and the episodes after that. However, if there is a new opening or ending, I will watch it and then repeat the process from earlier.
    As for the previews, I watch all of them. This way it gives me an idea on what to expect for the next episode.

that guy with the beard JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO.'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-21-2011 11:16 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jimbo8472

depends on the anime, but then again I dont watch that much since I like manga better.

The Bringer of Nightmares RJ169 has a reputation beyond repute RJ169 has a reputation beyond repute RJ169 has a reputation beyond repute RJ169 has a reputation beyond repute RJ169 has a reputation beyond repute RJ169 has a reputation beyond repute RJ169 has a reputation beyond repute RJ169 has a reputation beyond repute RJ169 has a reputation beyond repute RJ169 has a reputation beyond repute RJ169 has a reputation beyond repute RJ169's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-13-2011 07:36 PM
    Threads

once in awhile i watch them but it gets annoying just watching them over and over

Member Furevor has a reputation beyond repute Furevor has a reputation beyond repute Furevor has a reputation beyond repute Furevor has a reputation beyond repute Furevor has a reputation beyond repute Furevor has a reputation beyond repute Furevor has a reputation beyond repute Furevor has a reputation beyond repute Furevor has a reputation beyond repute Furevor has a reputation beyond repute Furevor has a reputation beyond repute Furevor's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-29-2009 03:50 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudonym View Post
    For me, I watch the openings and endings once and then I will fast forward for the next episode and the episodes after that. However, if there is a new opening or ending, I will watch it and then repeat the process from earlier.
    I tend to do the same unless its an OP or ED that i really like, e.g. Clannad and Clannad Afterstory Openings, a couple of the Naruto openings, Clannad's ending and Ichigo 100% ending.
    As for the previews, I don't watch them, I prefer to be - to some extent - surprised by the content of each episode =)

Senior Member Brandandy has a reputation beyond repute Brandandy has a reputation beyond repute Brandandy has a reputation beyond repute Brandandy has a reputation beyond repute Brandandy has a reputation beyond repute Brandandy has a reputation beyond repute Brandandy has a reputation beyond repute Brandandy has a reputation beyond repute Brandandy has a reputation beyond repute Brandandy has a reputation beyond repute Brandandy has a reputation beyond repute Brandandy's Avatar
    Gil
    Confused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 05:02 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudonym View Post
    In an anime, do you watch the openings, endings or previews?

As for the previews, I watch all of them. This way it gives me an idea on what to expect for the next episode.
    I do the same thing .

Senior Member tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-30-2009 06:18 AM
    Threads

I often watch the 'next time' sections, as they have a bit of humour in them sometimes.

If I am marathoning, or watching more than one episode, I may watch the op of the 1st one and the ending of the last, but I generally either find them annoying after the first time, or find myself getting impatient to find out what happens next. The only exception is lucky star, which I watched the op to every time, cos of the slow pace of the episodes, and the insanely catchy ending.

I must say in general Im a sucker for skipping the opening and ending in general, unless its one I really like (such as the cowboy bebop ones, or azumanga daioh)
    On that day, all female personelle under my command will be required to wear... Tiny Miniskirts!!!

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

If the op/ed is good but most aren't so..

For anime like Familiar of Zero where the next episode thing is like...important I watch it. Otherwise it's a waste of cells.

Forever 12. Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2013 07:01 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The only opening I would watch multiple times was the opening for Cowboy Bebop because it wasn't stereotypical anime opening.

Oh, and Blood+ had some cool ones that caught my interest (lol I typed internet the fist time).

So, yeah, I pretty much skip most openings and endings.
    On this day of days, most epic and prideful, you were born 15 whole American years ago!
    Through the odds and by doing the impossible, you beat out hundreds of thousands of siblings in the great sperm race for the coveted egg.
    Probably via hax.
    Regardless! You won!
    So remember, whenever someone picks on you or calls you weak or small.
    Just remind them that you beat out a few hundred thousand other wimps.

And the grand prize was not dying!

Senior Member ichigoangel06 has a reputation beyond repute ichigoangel06 has a reputation beyond repute ichigoangel06 has a reputation beyond repute ichigoangel06 has a reputation beyond repute ichigoangel06 has a reputation beyond repute ichigoangel06 has a reputation beyond repute ichigoangel06 has a reputation beyond repute ichigoangel06 has a reputation beyond repute ichigoangel06 has a reputation beyond repute ichigoangel06 has a reputation beyond repute ichigoangel06 has a reputation beyond repute ichigoangel06's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-09-2009 10:17 PM
    Threads

i usually like to watch the anime opening^^i like openings^^ i don't really watch the previews^^ i like it when i don't know what's going to happen in the next people^^ sometimes i also watch the ending if the song is good^^
    Signature made by: Greenflames.....THANKIES*hugs*

SES Member Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-16-2017 05:34 AM
    Threads

Previews: Always

The rest: If the song's good.
    If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made.

Senior Member sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Gifts Ariel Fox Snowman
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-15-2019 01:15 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: pppascal

I'm the same as Pseudonym. My first time watching the anime, I watch the op and ed, but for the rest of the episodes, I fast forward. Unless it's a really good one.
    I don't always watch the previews... I kind of like the next episode to be a surprise.

Senior Member Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-25-2010 05:28 PM
    Threads

If I like an opening or ending, I'll watch it for every episode, but if its only OK, then I watch it a few times, and then skip it for the rest of the time that it's the opening/ending.

Siggy by me!

Member Van of the Dawn has a reputation beyond repute Van of the Dawn has a reputation beyond repute Van of the Dawn has a reputation beyond repute Van of the Dawn has a reputation beyond repute Van of the Dawn has a reputation beyond repute Van of the Dawn has a reputation beyond repute Van of the Dawn has a reputation beyond repute Van of the Dawn has a reputation beyond repute Van of the Dawn has a reputation beyond repute Van of the Dawn has a reputation beyond repute Van of the Dawn has a reputation beyond repute Van of the Dawn's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-29-2009 11:28 AM
    Threads

I always watch he beginnings even if they annoy me but I think Gun x Sword has an amazing opening theme song so I really don't mind.

Rising Falcon! Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Xmas Tree Present Gurren Kamina Glasses
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-01-2017 11:40 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ErraticKyosuke

Only if they're amusing and don't drag on forever.
    I now know what hell sounds like; I recommend a tactical nuclear strike on my position. Tell my family I love them.

Junior Member AyumuKagami has a spectacular aura about AyumuKagami has a spectacular aura about AyumuKagami's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-24-2009 10:18 AM
    Threads

Thumbs down

I am alot more interested in watching the openings of animes rather than the endings because for me and the animes i have seen the openings are almost always better than the endings. If i am in a hurry i will skip the openings of the animes. Usually i have had it with an episode when the ending comes around because i am ready for the next episode. The majority of my anime watching happens online so i have already half loaded up the other episode so i dont waste time watching the endings.

Senior Member Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander has a reputation beyond repute Cobra Commander's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-17-2011 12:15 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

If I like it, I'll let it play more often than not. I generally don't watch credits and ending sequences, though, unless I'm looking for a name or song title.

I find that the "previews" or recaps on shows annoy me. I love me some Star Trek, and they do that a lot, but it seems to depend on the network. I haven't seen it on the west coast, but when I lived in NY and MD it was common.

Closed Thread

Thread Information