AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Middy's Makings

Senior Member Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy's Avatar
    Gil
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2017 10:29 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Unleh View Post
    HOOOOOLY CRAP
    http://www.animeforum.com/showpost.p...3&postcount=48
    I AM A YEAR LATE.

This piece of shex I must wear!
    Thanks a lot!

--

I adore the Assassin's Creed signature you've made. I've been trying to analyze it a bit to try and copy it, but my C4D usage skills is so miniscule, I can't get anywhere close to it D':

Great work! Keep inspiring me onii chan!
    Better late than never Onii chan! <3
    I was really pleased with Assassin's Creed tag as well. My c4d skills are pretty weak, but then that tag just like came out of nowhere

Recent Sprite tag

Moderator Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Be Mine Alfa Romeo Spider JTS Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2017 03:31 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Hmm.... That recent one lacks a lot of your usual touches. Not a lot of contrast or emphasis on the focus. The overall signature appears really suppressed by the border too.

Senior Member Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy's Avatar
    Gil
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Serated View Post
    Hmm.... That recent one lacks a lot of your usual touches. Not a lot of contrast or emphasis on the focus. The overall signature appears really suppressed by the border too.
    I've got a border fetish, lol,l can't help it.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by contrast (just..contrast in general?), but I can see where you're coming from in terms of the focal. I was kind of more interested in experimenting with texture than I was with the sprite itself. I thought it worked out nicely in the end though, maybe I was wrong xD

Thanks for the Cnc m8, much appreciated.

Typical smudge..trying to practice the old technique
    Composition is weird..but I can't really fix it..It's pretty unfinished too, but whatever ^_^

Last edited by Middy; 01-29-2010 at 10:57 PM.

Moderator Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightRider View Post
    I've got a border fetish, lol,l can't help it.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by contrast (just..contrast in general?), but I can see where you're coming from in terms of the focal.
    Thanks for the Cnc m8, much appreciated.

I always stopped at a 4 pixel border, anything larger is a bit much. But that's for borders go all the way around the tag. But if the border is a bottom top thing, or is going to be used on just the left and the right sides, my policy is more like 6 pixels.

As for contrast, I mean the basic overall balance to the light and the dark colors. Probably should have said that instead, but who cares.

Recent tag is a total classic. I still have no idea how to smudge that way. What brushes do you use, and what are your basic settings to them?

Aside from that, yeah, I think the main problem is all the blue used along with the stock. Sasuke is all in white, so he just really stands out in terms of composition. Like if you look at the bottom middle part, there is almost a perfect line dividing Sasuke from the smudging all around him.

Gil
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I always stopped at a 4 pixel border, anything larger is a bit much. But that's for borders go all the way around the tag. But if the border is a bottom top thing, or is going to be used on just the left and the right sides, my policy is more like 6 pixels.

As for contrast, I mean the basic overall balance to the light and the dark colors. Probably should have said that instead, but who cares.

Recent tag is a total classic. I still have no idea how to smudge that way. What brushes do you use, and what are your basic settings to them?

Aside from that, yeah, I think the main problem is all the blue used along with the stock. Sasuke is all in white, so he just really stands out in terms of composition. Like if you look at the bottom middle part, there is almost a perfect line dividing Sasuke from the smudging all around him.
    My policy is nothing under 15, nothing over 25
    And thanks for clarifying there with the contrast business.

For smudging, I tend to use brushes of my own creation and vary the settings from time to time. On the Sasuke tag I probably should have spent some more time cleaning it up, might have minimized the problems with the composition.

Gift to a friend of mine..first "real life" focal in soo long

Another gift for a friend..Has some LQ parts, but I love the lighting and color

Finally, yet another gift..this one is for Serated
    I couldn't get the colors to work for the life of me..Sorry TT_TT
    Lol, I will get you to expand your border limit though!!

Feel free to CnC and tell me what you think.
    I don't mind criticism.
    Last edited by Middy; 01-30-2010 at 11:51 PM.

Gil
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Two new ones.

Senior Member FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Photoshop
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-21-2017 02:41 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ThomasakaDes

Too huge borders :S
    Does huge border just looks wierd, on most of your sigs, go down to 4px
    Borderless sigs looks better though, imo.

http://avatar.pure34.com/users/midnightrider/fmaarm.png
    Too simple, boring.

The sig that I`m looking at in your space now, the one with like a fire almost in the middle of it, blue-ish bg.
    That one is pretty interesting

Gil
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Oh cool. My first signature gift in years.

I found 2 new pieces of criticism for you. The first is your use of colors. What you did in the previous 5 tags is start with a focal, then you used other images of one singular color (yellow and purple corresponding to the tags). A lot of your effects seem to be getting lost in the tag because all the effects used are just one single color. Not only that, but because of your singular color usage, the stocks within them start to stand out a lot more.

Next, text. Why dont you use it more?

Gil
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Des View Post
    Too huge borders :S
    Does huge border just looks wierd, on most of your sigs, go down to 4px
    Borderless sigs looks better though, imo.

http://avatar.pure34.com/users/midnightrider/fmaarm.png
    Too simple, boring.

The sig that I`m looking at in your space now, the one with like a fire almost in the middle of it, blue-ish bg.
    That one is pretty interesting
    I don't know why I"m so attracted to large borders. I'm not a fan of small borders at all - its an all or none deal

Any suggestions for making the FMA tag more interesting? I tried some effects in front of the focal, but I couldn't control the lighting very well.

The sig with a fire surrounded by ice and mountains in the background?
    That's a Matte painting by a friend of mine. The LP is wicked sweep. I'm so happy to have had it done for me <3

Oh cool. My first signature gift in years.

I found 2 new pieces of criticism for you. The first is your use of colors. What you did in the previous 5 tags is start with a focal, then you used other images of one singular color (yellow and purple corresponding to the tags). A lot of your effects seem to be getting lost in the tag because all the effects used are just one single color. Not only that, but because of your singular color usage, the stocks within them start to stand out a lot more.

Next, text. Why dont you use it more?
    Thanks again for more cnc, much appreciated. I see what you're saying about the colors, although I admittedly really like the purple one, purple is my favorite colors xD

My typo is really weak. I'm rarely able to make a tag that actually accepts my sub-par text, lol.
    Something I need to work on. I don't mind not having text, but there are a few instances where I wish I could have added effective typo, and it's a bad habit to just ignore typo since I'm not good at it.
    Last edited by Middy; 02-03-2010 at 02:35 PM.

Gil
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Not sure if I posted this first vert tag before.
    The saber one is the "original" and the others were all made using a similar style. I actually had someone right a tutorial for the tag; It ended up being quite a large tutorial xD

What a feeling in my soul Artcell has a reputation beyond repute Artcell has a reputation beyond repute Artcell has a reputation beyond repute Artcell has a reputation beyond repute Artcell has a reputation beyond repute Artcell has a reputation beyond repute Artcell has a reputation beyond repute Artcell has a reputation beyond repute Artcell has a reputation beyond repute Artcell has a reputation beyond repute Artcell has a reputation beyond repute Artcell's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts Red Dango Telescope Favorite
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-10-2012 04:21 AM
    Threads

Oh wow!I love your sigs!I love everything,the colors,texts!So good!*_*
    Oh I wish I could make sigs like you.
    Lovely set made by the awesome Arxia!
    Thanks so much girl!
    ♥♥♥

Gil
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by .Elmer View Post
    Oh wow!I love your sigs!I love everything,the colors,texts!So good!*_*
    Oh I wish I could make sigs like you.
    Thanks mate, glad you like them.
    If you're interested in making sigs, there are plenty of tutorials out there to get you started, and I'm sure some users from AF would be happy to help.

Extract by Serated ofc for the Saber tag

Senior Member FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Photoshop
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-21-2017 02:41 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ThomasakaDes

Good Saber tag, your starting to use more then one colour
    And on the Spidey sig I`m very curious about what`s under the huge border hehe, I bet it would look pretty nice without the border ;D

The MAN La La La j00! Spooky has a reputation beyond repute Spooky has a reputation beyond repute Spooky has a reputation beyond repute Spooky has a reputation beyond repute Spooky has a reputation beyond repute Spooky has a reputation beyond repute Spooky has a reputation beyond repute Spooky has a reputation beyond repute Spooky has a reputation beyond repute Spooky has a reputation beyond repute Spooky has a reputation beyond repute Spooky's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-23-2010 05:57 AM
    Threads

What are you, a god?
    Mad photoshop skills there. I like your work. Do you take requests?

Senior Member Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Present Bomb Aquarius
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2014 05:45 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

afdgfdg the saber tag <3 I admire your smudging skills ;o;

ein, zwei, drei, vier bin endlich weg von Dir
    fünf, sechs, sieben, acht Du hast jetzt keine Macht

Gil
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

@Des - Trust me, you don't want to see what's under the border on that one, lol. All the smudge lines I didn't finish are just chillin under there in a big mess xD Perhaps a crop? ^_^

@Spooky - Thanks man! I'm not very good at taking requests to be honest. I try to get them done, but time is an issue..and certain renders/stocks just don't coincide with where I feel like taking a sig.

@Aiacos (Another name change?) - Thanks m8, appreciate it.

Post a sig for no spam. I'm trying to figure out how to crop it correctly so it won't need a border

Gil
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Similar to the above vert, but in color and without a render ofc.
    I'm quite happy with the outcome.

Link tag..don't like this outcome too much.

And now the world is mine Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Xmas Tree
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2013 08:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Whoa, the purple vertical tag looks very amazing. The dark vibe it gives off is really cool. You did a really good job with the depth as well with how its darker as it recedes. How did you do it? Smudging? Pentool?

Gil
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Jagan Eye View Post
    Whoa, the purple vertical tag looks very amazing. The dark vibe it gives off is really cool. You did a really good job with the depth as well with how its darker as it recedes. How did you do it? Smudging? Pentool?
    Thanks man!
    It's pretty much all smudging

Gil
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Recents

Didn't really finish this one, but I'll post it anyway.

Gil
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

--Request

- Experiment gone wrong, lol

Gil
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Played some Warcraft last night
    I'd forgotten how bad I am that game XD

Someone break my combo before I hit 5
    Last edited by Middy; 03-07-2010 at 03:54 PM.

Senior Member Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pokedex 025 - Pikachu
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-05-2012 01:07 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

These are all very nice. I like your art style btw it is interesting. I also like the blending you did at least it looks like blending to me. In any case it is a very nice job keep up the hard work.
    Gero Server Guru

AF's resident Crazy Cat Lady Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf's Avatar
    Starving
    Gifts Mario Bowser Shell Mario Bob-omb Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2014 12:38 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CaptainEllipsis Steam ID: CaptainEllipsis Wii Code: 2388 1485 3012 2739

Oooh very nice. It took me a second to see what I was supposed to be looking at though. I don't really see anything wrong with it, so keep it up!

boopaloop! Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-19-2013 11:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I love how everything you do has a sort of dark edgey-ness to it.
    making emo kids[/URL] cry since 1998

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information