AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Shakugan no Shana.....

Junior Member KweK weK is on a distinguished road KweK weK's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-16-2009 08:24 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Shakugan no Shana.....

Did you watch Shakugan no Shana or Burning Eyes of Shana? Yikee it's so romantic and a kind of ecchiness (but it is not fully ecchi anime).

I wonder what gender suits for this anime, because it is for shounen or shoujo.

Well, please post some suggestion for this anime, if it is good or bad for your taste. And, also please tell if this is SHOUNEN or SHOUJO anime.

Thanks guys!!

#5 Karino Tadashi

Gam Zeh Ya'Avor loveyourfate has a reputation beyond repute loveyourfate has a reputation beyond repute loveyourfate has a reputation beyond repute loveyourfate has a reputation beyond repute loveyourfate has a reputation beyond repute loveyourfate has a reputation beyond repute loveyourfate has a reputation beyond repute loveyourfate has a reputation beyond repute loveyourfate has a reputation beyond repute loveyourfate has a reputation beyond repute loveyourfate has a reputation beyond repute loveyourfate's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-02-2009 06:15 AM
    Threads

I disagree, I think it's rather seinen anime, not shoujo or shonen. The mix between love and fantasy is typical for seinen anime (not that I think it really important to classify it).

I don't think it was all that good. It wasn't bad either, but nothing special. I liked her character (shana), my kind of woman . But, in the same genre, I think fate/stay night (for example) vastly superior.
    The relationship between the two protagonists was underdeveloped as well, concluding it so childishly in the end (kind of reminded me of ah! my goddess) that it really irritated me.

However, I loved the story and the art. Both were well thought out. The characters, too, were well developed and I liked the seiyu chosen to voice them (well known seiyu too).

All in all, I loved the first season and disliked the second. Though there's better anime, in the same genre, out there (in my opinion).
    Last edited by loveyourfate; 03-18-2009 at 08:07 AM.

"This is the unalterable difference in strength, the distinction that separates the elite from the failure. This is the unchangeable reality."
    -Hyuga Neji-

Junior Member lisalover1 is on a distinguished road lisalover1's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-29-2009 02:38 PM
    Threads

I absolutely loved this anime, but I can't seem to find any info on the second season English dub. Is there any news of it possibly coming out?

Anyway, the show had a compelling story, excellent characters, and cool action. I recommend it.

Junior Member diamondust13 has a spectacular aura about diamondust13 has a spectacular aura about diamondust13 has a spectacular aura about diamondust13's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-23-2009 11:25 AM
    Massachusetts, currently at Umass Lowell; Talk to me if you're in the area =D
    Threads

I love tsundere girls in anime, so I really liked Shana haha
    The action was cool and I liked how it flowed from one arc into another. Nothing overstayed its welcome, which is more than I can say for some animes O.<
    I liked the torch concept, it was interesting to think about. Could the whole anime be true and we never know it? As the torch dissapears, so too do the memories of the person it was replacing. Perhaps there were people we knew but they are gone now? o.o
    I sometimes get the feeling that there was another person with the group I'm with when I'm out with some friends, but I can't remember lol I always think back to Shana when that happens and have a laugh to myself...
    Anyone else?
    Who wants to be awesome and make me a sig? =D
    ------------------------------------------------
    Reality Engineering since 10/17/2008

Puzzle Piece; Pseudonym has a reputation beyond repute Pseudonym has a reputation beyond repute Pseudonym has a reputation beyond repute Pseudonym has a reputation beyond repute Pseudonym has a reputation beyond repute Pseudonym has a reputation beyond repute Pseudonym has a reputation beyond repute Pseudonym has a reputation beyond repute Pseudonym has a reputation beyond repute Pseudonym has a reputation beyond repute Pseudonym has a reputation beyond repute Pseudonym's Avatar
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-11-2009 06:27 PM
    In a limousine trying to outrun the paparazzi. ;]
    Threads

I finished the first season yesterday and I love it.
    While I was watching this anime, I noticed that the artwork on the eyes is similar to those of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. I'm not sure, maybe it's my imagination.
    Anyhow, I'll be watching the rest of season two really soon. If only they have it in English dub...
    Last edited by Pseudonym; 04-15-2009 at 02:42 PM.

Member Storm_Bolt is a splendid one to behold Storm_Bolt is a splendid one to behold Storm_Bolt is a splendid one to behold Storm_Bolt is a splendid one to behold Storm_Bolt is a splendid one to behold Storm_Bolt is a splendid one to behold Storm_Bolt is a splendid one to behold Storm_Bolt's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-26-2009 06:39 PM
    Threads

Shakugan no Shana I've already got the entire first season and Vol 1 of the manga I'd have to say it's a really good series with a little love triangle thrown in Shana/Yuji/Yoshida during the 3rd dvd onwards

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudonym View Post
    I finished the first season yesterday and I love it.
    While I was watching this anime, I noticed that the artwork on the eyes are similar to those of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. I'm not sure, maybe it's my imagination.
    Anyhow, I'll be watching the rest of season two really soon. If only they have it in English dub...
    Noizi Ito did the character designs for both series.

Senior Member Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan's Avatar
    Gil
    Cold
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-20-2021 04:04 PM
    Threads

The anime first season is actually great. But to finish it you gotta watch the 2nd. 1st is basically explaining the anime theme but it is a must watch. Shana's voice actress is the same from Toradora (Tyger). So it's a good anime.

Junior Member 9999999TailedKelythe is infamous around these parts 9999999TailedKelythe is infamous around these parts 9999999TailedKelythe is infamous around these parts 9999999TailedKelythe's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-27-2009 07:00 PM
    Threads

I don't know what shounen, shoujo, or seinen mean but Shakugan no Shana was a pretty... interesting anime among the ones I've seen. I agree with others when they say the 2nd season was worse than the first but I think that's bcuz you're not hearing anything about this is how this works or something so it doesn't appeal to you as much and you get bored of the anime. But its good. I liked it enough.

Master Warrior Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Dyne's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-01-2010 07:34 PM
    Threads

Ah, I loved Shakugan No Shana! I think it would fall under the category of Shoujo, honestly. Just because it has fighting in it doesn't necessarily make it Shounen. I think the romance in it far outweighs the fighting, and I think it is targeted to girls moreso than guys. Of course, it is also targeted to lolicons, so I suppose that can make it Seinen >_>

Anyways, I loved it. It was a great two seasons and I hope they make a third. They left a very important unanswered question

Junior Member lisalover1 is on a distinguished road lisalover1's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-29-2009 02:38 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by diamondust13 View Post
    I love tsundere girls in anime, so I really liked Shana haha
    The action was cool and I liked how it flowed from one arc into another. Nothing overstayed its welcome, which is more than I can say for some animes O.<
    I liked the torch concept, it was interesting to think about. Could the whole anime be true and we never know it? As the torch dissapears, so too do the memories of the person it was replacing. Perhaps there were people we knew but they are gone now? o.o
    I sometimes get the feeling that there was another person with the group I'm with when I'm out with some friends, but I can't remember lol I always think back to Shana when that happens and have a laugh to myself...
    Anyone else?
    I think that it's interesting that such philosophies have been a common theme in successful animes. By which, of course, I mean the philosophy of a different reality. Animes like Shakugan no Shana and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya have used this plot angle, and it is strangely intriguing. Could it be that humans are fundamentally attracted to any idea that challenges standard conventions and ideas, and presents new ones? If so, that may be a new theme in Anime and philosophy... then again, it clould just be teh bewbz.

Jeezy Creezy kero_-_chan has a reputation beyond repute kero_-_chan has a reputation beyond repute kero_-_chan has a reputation beyond repute kero_-_chan has a reputation beyond repute kero_-_chan has a reputation beyond repute kero_-_chan has a reputation beyond repute kero_-_chan has a reputation beyond repute kero_-_chan has a reputation beyond repute kero_-_chan has a reputation beyond repute kero_-_chan has a reputation beyond repute kero_-_chan has a reputation beyond repute kero_-_chan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-07-2009 08:41 PM
    Threads

i enjoyed it, it had some very interesting points for an anime that came out of nowhere, although i felt that shana was some sort of super tsundere + extra *****iness. been a while since i watched it so im having trouble remembering finer poitns that i liked about it, the torch idea was very interesting.....(thinks)....yeah i liked it.

set made by someone very dear to me, who i doubt you know.

Member Ipsilon V is infamous around these parts Ipsilon V is infamous around these parts Ipsilon V is infamous around these parts Ipsilon V is infamous around these parts Ipsilon V is infamous around these parts Ipsilon V is infamous around these parts Ipsilon V is infamous around these parts Ipsilon V is infamous around these parts Ipsilon V is infamous around these parts Ipsilon V is infamous around these parts Ipsilon V is infamous around these parts Ipsilon V's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-15-2009 12:58 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: Need to check

Don't know about this forum's stand of reviving old topics since I didn't see any rules. If there are, please give me a link.

I went into Shakugan no Shana because i enjoyed Zero no Tsukaima (Same voice actors, so Toradora! was also an influence). I already talked about it on the other thread, but I liked ZnT because of the chill aspect of it. Because of this I didn't expect much from Shakugan no Shana, but I was so wrong. First of all, Shakugan no Shana's seriousness really attracted me, it has a very interesting story. I am from the school of thought that believe the best anime to be psychological and philosophical ones.. like Elfen Lied, Evangelion, Infinite Ryvius, etc. I also don't like shounen-type action too much, but this one just caught me. I watched Fate/Stay night, which I kinda liked (although had some really weak points, like some of the characters, etc). But Shakugan no Shana has become my favorite anime of its kind (whatever that is, fantasy, romance, action, etc), and one of my overall favorites. I am not even sure what made this one so compelling, but I just enjoyed it a lot, and cant wait for the third season.

And this anime is not shoujo :/, it's definitely aimed at guys. An the third season has been announced. Hope they make ZnT 4 after it.

It also made me realize I like Tsundere characters :P. Shana, Louise and Taiga are all some of my favorite female characters
    Last edited by Ipsilon V; 06-18-2009 at 01:19 AM.

Senior Member Tsundere Works is infamous around these parts Tsundere Works is infamous around these parts Tsundere Works is infamous around these parts Tsundere Works is infamous around these parts Tsundere Works is infamous around these parts Tsundere Works is infamous around these parts Tsundere Works is infamous around these parts Tsundere Works is infamous around these parts Tsundere Works is infamous around these parts Tsundere Works's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-17-2009 03:22 AM
    Threads

I didn't really like Shakugan no Shana. It didn't have anything going for it. It was just your regular Anime, expect the love triangle was really weak, and it was kind of one sided. There wasn't anything romantic about it.

Shortage of fanservice made it even more boring to watch. Not much happened in the first season, but I'll see if I pick up the second one in the future.

A Certain Magical Index easily beats this one single-handed. It's very similar, except it's a lot better. [And there's a Blu-Ray version too!]
    Last edited by Tsundere Works; 07-09-2009 at 04:13 PM. Reason: There wasn't anything romantic about it.

My DeviantArt Profile: GreenVirus on DeviantArt
    My Pxiv Profile: Japanese Art Site

[Graphic Design and CG Anime Artwork.]

Software: Photoshop/Flash CS4 & Paint Tool SAI

Moon Maiden Ninja Xx_Azumi_xX has a reputation beyond repute Xx_Azumi_xX has a reputation beyond repute Xx_Azumi_xX has a reputation beyond repute Xx_Azumi_xX has a reputation beyond repute Xx_Azumi_xX has a reputation beyond repute Xx_Azumi_xX has a reputation beyond repute Xx_Azumi_xX has a reputation beyond repute Xx_Azumi_xX has a reputation beyond repute Xx_Azumi_xX has a reputation beyond repute Xx_Azumi_xX has a reputation beyond repute Xx_Azumi_xX has a reputation beyond repute Xx_Azumi_xX's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-28-2009 07:50 PM
    Threads

For some reason...It makes me sad. How could I forget those I care for?!
    I was worried about the trees.......
    [Art Page{:http://XxHinamori17xX.deviantart.com:}Please visit]

.::Keylime pie yogurt is the SHIZNIT!!!::.

<3 .::Leonardo is my lovely turtle boy::. <3

Closed Thread

Thread Information