AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Rate the anime!

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

1 4.35%

1 4.35%

3 13.04%

5 21.74%

13 56.52%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [TV series] Gurren Lagann

Senior Member DuckyInMyTrucky has a reputation beyond repute DuckyInMyTrucky has a reputation beyond repute DuckyInMyTrucky has a reputation beyond repute DuckyInMyTrucky has a reputation beyond repute DuckyInMyTrucky has a reputation beyond repute DuckyInMyTrucky has a reputation beyond repute DuckyInMyTrucky has a reputation beyond repute DuckyInMyTrucky has a reputation beyond repute DuckyInMyTrucky has a reputation beyond repute DuckyInMyTrucky has a reputation beyond repute DuckyInMyTrucky has a reputation beyond repute DuckyInMyTrucky's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-13-2009 02:41 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default [TV series] Gurren Lagann

Gurren Lagann

Type
    : TV, 27 eps
    Genres: action, adventure, comedy, drama, science fiction
    Themes: Mecha, post-apocalyptic, Super Robot

Story:
    The story takes place in a underground village called Jeeha. A digger in the village named Simon, a fourteen-year-old boy, happens stumbles across a drill key and a so called "face" (Gunman). Soon after a hostial gunman came crashing down into the underground village along with a female charater named Yoko Littne witch was hunting the beast. Together Simon, Kamina, and Yoko defeat the beast by drilling it through the cilling with the Gunman found named LagannOnes approaching the "surface" there adventers start and Simons destiny begins to unveal....

Art and Animation: 8.5/10

This anime in my opinion has some pretty uniqe artwork. The fighting scenes did have a uniqe display, sorta comicy like but did a good job in fitting it in the action. As far as the rest of it for some it can be somewhat cliched, but it really grows on you over time. At the very least, it deserves points for remaining very consistent in it's quality. Character expressions are realistic, if a character is horrified, they genuinely look horrified, and if chibi moments occur, they look the part.

Story: 9.5/10

This story is soild, stays on the story and doesnt fill in the gaps with huge fillers and junk, even the one filler like part made sense to the story line though the ep was mainly meant for comic releif. Speaking on comic releif...this show has quite a bit of it. Very funny and serious all at the same time...as well as suprising in a few parts. My only complaint is that they could have made the serise little longer to explain a few details....but then again it being "short and sweet" makes it rewatchable and still entertaining without loosing focus on the show.

Characters: 10/10
    I loved how the made the characters. From Simons emotional growing up...to Kaminas wild and ready to take on the world attitude (witch was most of the comandy =P) From the main characters to the not so main ones...each one has there own attitude and way of thinking witch made the show great to watch.

Overall: 9.5/10
    I almost can give this show a 10/10. The only thing that keeps me from doing so is that so things were not well explained in the show that I feel should have. But other then that nic pick this is a show I would highly recommend watching. Even if you dont like Mech animes this is more then based around the "Mechs" and is very easy to fall in love with.
    I'm as graceful as a gazelle galloping over glistening green grass with it's head on fire.

Anything you want to say to me? PM me.

Senior Member ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow's Avatar
    Gil
    Doubtful
    Gifts Venus Star Wand Top Manekineko American Flag Ribbon
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-01-2012 10:32 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: [TV series] Gurren Lagann

Character 10/10: My goodness, every character has such detail, and though there was a lot of character, they had their own unique characteristic~! I found all the characters truly amazing ^^ and well made. They have all the types of characters ^^ Specially when the characters grow up [future], they either remained the same, or had a big change that was understandable.

Art/Animation 10/10
    : My gosh, the art and animation is phenomenal~ I never get bored of staring at it and watching it's animation. It is quite perfect!

Plot line 10/10: OH My Goodness! I was speechless at how amazing the story was! The story was never boring, and didn't cease to surprise me! It is a TRUE anime. It has a sad, but somehow happy ending. I found the plot truly unique and original~! It always had me wanting more.

Overall 10/10: AMAZING~!!! Everything about it excited me ^.^ The anime had an amazing blend of human and beast. It also had a surprising twist <3

---Sorry I am currently inactive; very busy with this new Filipino school x.x they are seriously trying to kill me--
    Karami the Neko Red Bean Dango ~
    Want to join Karami's Big Dango Family?

Member mangeassshajigan is on a distinguished road mangeassshajigan's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts One Piece Flag One Piece Wanted Poster One Piece Mugiwara
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-13-2012 06:28 PM
    Threads

yeah its great

Senior Member kyoshiro20 has a reputation beyond repute kyoshiro20 has a reputation beyond repute kyoshiro20 has a reputation beyond repute kyoshiro20 has a reputation beyond repute kyoshiro20 has a reputation beyond repute kyoshiro20 has a reputation beyond repute kyoshiro20 has a reputation beyond repute kyoshiro20 has a reputation beyond repute kyoshiro20 has a reputation beyond repute kyoshiro20 has a reputation beyond repute kyoshiro20 has a reputation beyond repute kyoshiro20's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Gurren Boota
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-05-2019 07:40 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I would have given it 11 but it wasn't an option, so 10 it is.

I liked how at the end even the ones that previously were the bad guys teamed up with the Dai Gurren Team to defeat the spirals, that, from my viewpoint, usually never happens ordinarily, but that was the exception to the rule. Animation was great too, it was very HQ and different.

Member mangeassshajigan is on a distinguished road mangeassshajigan's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts One Piece Flag One Piece Wanted Poster One Piece Mugiwara
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-13-2012 06:28 PM
    Threads

Story (8/10)- The story is very basic and somewhat slow but has a few twists and turns here and there.

Characters (8.5/10)- The character development is very good.

Art/Animation (9/10)- The animation is very fluid and the art style is very pretty.

Music/Voice acting (10/10)- The soundtrack is great and the voice acting is amazing.

Overall (8.5/10)- A great mecha anime definetely one worth checking out.

Member Reviewer03 is on a distinguished road Reviewer03's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-15-2013 06:26 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by mangeassshajigan View Post
    Story (8/10)- The story is very basic and somewhat slow but has a few twists and turns here and there.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT????????? ????????????????

Are you *****ng crazy?????

The other things I could/would agree with you - but NOT with the story which is one of the most epic stories in anime history!!!!!!!

I consider Guren to be one of the best anime ever made - certainly a QUADRILLION times better than the so often praised cowboy bebop!

I didnt like the first 5 episodes and allmost dropped the show - but my god from episode 6 it just got better and better - and every time I though "no way they cant get bigger/more epic/more powerfull"they just did!

If I had a scouter measuring awsomeness It would have broken long before the last episode!

Mad Genius AkanoYoru has a brilliant future AkanoYoru has a brilliant future AkanoYoru has a brilliant future AkanoYoru has a brilliant future AkanoYoru has a brilliant future AkanoYoru has a brilliant future AkanoYoru has a brilliant future AkanoYoru has a brilliant future AkanoYoru has a brilliant future AkanoYoru has a brilliant future AkanoYoru has a brilliant future AkanoYoru's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Gifts Rageface Headphones Pocket Watch
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-22-2022 08:50 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DementedStereo Steam ID: Aakanoyoru

Quote Originally Posted by Reviewer03 View Post
    WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT????????? ????????????????

Are you *****ng crazy?????

The other things I could/would agree with you - but NOT with the story which is one of the most epic stories in anime history!!!!!!!

I consider Guren to be one of the best anime ever made - certainly a QUADRILLION times better than the so often praised cowboy bebop!

I didnt like the first 5 episodes and allmost dropped the show - but my god from episode 6 it just got better and better - and every time I though "no way they cant get bigger/more epic/more powerfull"they just did!

If I had a scouter measuring awsomeness It would have broken long before the last episode!
    Cowboy Bebop and Gurren Lagann are two different animals. One is sci-fi noir, and the other is intentionally over-the-top mecha action (setting the record for largest Mech in anime history, BTW). Each has their good points and bad points, depending on who you ask.

I love the art style in Gurren Lagann, being reminiscent of older animation. More anime needs to have the high-contrast palate they used. Or I could just start watching older stuff...
    Last edited by AkanoYoru; 09-22-2012 at 09:36 PM.

Senior Member Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts Bleach Kon
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-17-2014 03:56 AM
    Threads

have a most beautifull anime girl......

UnExpected....

Junior Member Abdul is on a distinguished road Abdul's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-14-2013 03:59 PM
    Threads

If you really liked gurren lagann watch kill LA kill it came out this season

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information