Gurren Lagann

Type
: TV, 27 eps
Genres: action, adventure, comedy, drama, science fiction
Themes: Mecha, post-apocalyptic, Super Robot

Story:
The story takes place in a underground village called Jeeha. A digger in the village named Simon, a fourteen-year-old boy, happens stumbles across a drill key and a so called "face" (Gunman). Soon after a hostial gunman came crashing down into the underground village along with a female charater named Yoko Littne witch was hunting the beast. Together Simon, Kamina, and Yoko defeat the beast by drilling it through the cilling with the Gunman found named LagannOnes approaching the "surface" there adventers start and Simons destiny begins to unveal....

Art and Animation: 8.5/10

This anime in my opinion has some pretty uniqe artwork. The fighting scenes did have a uniqe display, sorta comicy like but did a good job in fitting it in the action. As far as the rest of it for some it can be somewhat cliched, but it really grows on you over time. At the very least, it deserves points for remaining very consistent in it's quality. Character expressions are realistic, if a character is horrified, they genuinely look horrified, and if chibi moments occur, they look the part.

Story: 9.5/10

This story is soild, stays on the story and doesnt fill in the gaps with huge fillers and junk, even the one filler like part made sense to the story line though the ep was mainly meant for comic releif. Speaking on comic releif...this show has quite a bit of it. Very funny and serious all at the same time...as well as suprising in a few parts. My only complaint is that they could have made the serise little longer to explain a few details....but then again it being "short and sweet" makes it rewatchable and still entertaining without loosing focus on the show.

Characters: 10/10
I loved how the made the characters. From Simons emotional growing up...to Kaminas wild and ready to take on the world attitude (witch was most of the comandy =P) From the main characters to the not so main ones...each one has there own attitude and way of thinking witch made the show great to watch.

Overall: 9.5/10
I almost can give this show a 10/10. The only thing that keeps me from doing so is that so things were not well explained in the show that I feel should have. But other then that nic pick this is a show I would highly recommend watching. Even if you dont like Mech animes this is more then based around the "Mechs" and is very easy to fall in love with.