AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Teen Pregnancy.

Searching Dragon Ranger has a reputation beyond repute Dragon Ranger has a reputation beyond repute Dragon Ranger has a reputation beyond repute Dragon Ranger has a reputation beyond repute Dragon Ranger has a reputation beyond repute Dragon Ranger has a reputation beyond repute Dragon Ranger has a reputation beyond repute Dragon Ranger has a reputation beyond repute Dragon Ranger has a reputation beyond repute Dragon Ranger has a reputation beyond repute Dragon Ranger has a reputation beyond repute Dragon Ranger's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-20-2010 06:08 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Lola Granola View Post
    The Solution:

to go with it
    Last edited by Dragon Ranger; 03-21-2009 at 07:24 PM.

Forever 12. Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2013 07:01 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shy Satan's Child View Post
    You have to be joking me right.
    It may not relate to American Society, or Europe society, but there are some cultures who are still in that phase.
    African tribes is an example, they still believe in the rituals of becoming a man, claiming a wife, etc.
    And they are teenagers and they have sex, they have children too.
    I see it cultural fit that teenagers should have sex, if they truly believe they are mature enough let them make their own mistakes.
    Children learn from their mistakes.
    And if that is raising a child as a child and realizing that it was a mistake then so be it.
    I should go get knocked up and use "Well, African tribes do it" as an excuse to my parents.
    On this day of days, most epic and prideful, you were born 15 whole American years ago!
    Through the odds and by doing the impossible, you beat out hundreds of thousands of siblings in the great sperm race for the coveted egg.
    Probably via hax.
    Regardless! You won!
    So remember, whenever someone picks on you or calls you weak or small.
    Just remind them that you beat out a few hundred thousand other wimps.

And the grand prize was not dying!

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disraeli View Post
    Most animals do not have sex for pleasure. They have it to protect their species.

We are NOT tigers, do NOT compare us to tigers.

The reason we don't like teenagers getting pregnant is because, in most cases, they CANNOT raise them. It doesn't help our species when they can't raise them. And while it is natural to have sex, we have systems set up where their little mistake leads to us paying for them.

Why are you using things that don't relate to today's society for this thread? We have moved past cavemen.

In summary:

Unlike most animals, humans can have sex for pleasure. Today's teenagers are curious about this while ignoring the fact that they can get pregnant. It effects us when they have children, and I know from family experience that they will just turn to government hand-outs. I know that's my favorite thing to say now, but it's true.
    You're setting up a false dichotomy- that humans CHOOSE to mate of their own free will because it's fun and animals don't. Humans are hormonally compelled to mate soon after they become fertile (read: Early Teens). Animals, same thing. Why? Because it's evolutionarily advantageous. For almost all of human history the average age of death was about 35, if you weren't humping in your teens you were likely to miss raising your offspring. Sure, humans exercise discretion, but almost every animal does. Wildebeest don't stop running from the lions to have a quickie. They wait until they can get home and put on some Barry White.

For social reasons (Thanks Victorianism!) it's become unacceptable for teens to procreate, but you aren't going to be able to effect this garbage big-numbers wise because it goes against the fundamental instincts of the human animal. Which is why I think birth control should be practically shoved down everyones throat*.

*I'd be ok with it actually being shoved down people throats too, for example being required to get some persistent birth control method (Intrauterine devices, shots, etcetera) as a requirement of attending school, similar to vaccination requirements. I'd make males do it too just to be fair if there actually was a male contraceptive.
    Last edited by Manhattan_Project_2000; 03-21-2009 at 11:29 PM.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Senior Member Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna's Avatar
    Gil
    Shh
    Gifts Flowers Fan2 R2 Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-06-2015 06:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Wow I can't believe I didn't come to this thread sooner. Ok well I am scared of having a kid in the future, and them getting pregnant. I now know 9 girls, which 4 of them ARE my FRIENDS, that are pregnant or just recently HAD a kid in the past few months.

From SkullMuffins on deviantart

Instagram|Tumblr

Forever 12. Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan_Project_2000 View Post
    You're setting up a false dichotomy- that humans CHOOSE to mate of their own free will because it's fun and animals don't. Humans are hormonally compelled to mate soon after they become fertile (read: Early Teens). Animals, same thing. Why? Because it's evolutionarily advantageous. For almost all of human history the average age of death was about 35, if you weren't humping in your teens you were likely to miss raising your offspring. Sure, humans exercise discretion, but almost every animal does. Wildebeest don't stop running from the lions to have a quickie. They wait until they can get home and put on some Barry White.

For social reasons (Thanks Victorianism!) it's become unacceptable for teens to procreate, but you aren't going to be able to effect this garbage big-numbers wise because it goes against the fundamental instincts of the human animal. Which is why I think birth control should be practically shoved down everyones throat*.

*I'd be ok with it actually being shoved down people throats too, for example being required to get some persistent birth control method (Intrauterine devices, shots, etcetera) as a requirement of attending school, similar to vaccination requirements. I'd make males do it too just to be fair if there actually was a male contraceptive.
    See, that's totally better than saying "Well, African tribes do it, so it's socially acceptable everywhere."
    On this day of days, most epic and prideful, you were born 15 whole American years ago!
    Through the odds and by doing the impossible, you beat out hundreds of thousands of siblings in the great sperm race for the coveted egg.
    Probably via hax.
    Regardless! You won!

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

See, that's totally better than saying "Well, African tribes do it, so it's socially acceptable everywhere."
    Well it's either that or we keep on trying social initiatives that have no chance of succeeding (abstinence only education, lol) and then demonize anyone that follows their biological imperatives. That seems reasonable.

Given the choice between effectiveness and idealogical purity, I always err towards the former. If your plan relies on the good judgment and foresight of teenagers, then you are ALWAYS going to be disappointed. Such is the human condition.

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well it's either that or we keep on trying social initiatives that have no chance of succeeding (abstinence only education, lol) and then demonize anyone that follows their biological imperatives. That seems reasonable.

Given the choice between effectiveness and idealogical purity, I always err towards the former. If your plan relies on the good judgment and foresight of teenagers, then you are ALWAYS going to be disappointed. Such is the human condition.
    What do you think I'm taught in church and school on a daily basis? Stuff that will actually benefit me?!

Lol.
    Probably via hax.
    Regardless! You won!

Member Noskee88 has a reputation beyond repute Noskee88 has a reputation beyond repute Noskee88 has a reputation beyond repute Noskee88 has a reputation beyond repute Noskee88 has a reputation beyond repute Noskee88 has a reputation beyond repute Noskee88 has a reputation beyond repute Noskee88 has a reputation beyond repute Noskee88 has a reputation beyond repute Noskee88 has a reputation beyond repute Noskee88 has a reputation beyond repute Noskee88's Avatar
    Gil
    Breezy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-28-2010 07:30 PM
    Threads

if you cant feed em dont breed em!

whatever doesnt kill you makes you stronger

men are from earth women are from earth deal with it

Senior Member Zenga has a reputation beyond repute Zenga has a reputation beyond repute Zenga has a reputation beyond repute Zenga has a reputation beyond repute Zenga has a reputation beyond repute Zenga has a reputation beyond repute Zenga has a reputation beyond repute Zenga has a reputation beyond repute Zenga has a reputation beyond repute Zenga has a reputation beyond repute Zenga has a reputation beyond repute Zenga's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-22-2009 09:17 PM
    Threads

I could barely take care of myself at that age. Taking care of a child? I couldn't imagine how much responsibility goes with a child.
    Besides, I don't think kids aren't supposed to have kids that young. It just doesn't seem right to me.

Senior Member BDNguyen has a reputation beyond repute BDNguyen has a reputation beyond repute BDNguyen has a reputation beyond repute BDNguyen has a reputation beyond repute BDNguyen has a reputation beyond repute BDNguyen has a reputation beyond repute BDNguyen has a reputation beyond repute BDNguyen has a reputation beyond repute BDNguyen has a reputation beyond repute BDNguyen has a reputation beyond repute BDNguyen has a reputation beyond repute BDNguyen's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-21-2009 11:29 AM
    Threads

People shouldn't have children unless they're between age 27-33 supposedly. In my opinion, people need to cut down on having children in the first place. There will be more people to take care of, thus more forests will be stripped for residential areas, more cars on the road to dump out its ozone eating CO2, more animals being killed for our consumption, and generally just more people exceeding the Earth's carrying capacity.

Senior Member Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-15-2012 12:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Looks like you're talking about the Malthusian theory.

Panpukin, panpukin. Alycursed has a reputation beyond repute Alycursed has a reputation beyond repute Alycursed has a reputation beyond repute Alycursed has a reputation beyond repute Alycursed has a reputation beyond repute Alycursed has a reputation beyond repute Alycursed has a reputation beyond repute Alycursed has a reputation beyond repute Alycursed has a reputation beyond repute Alycursed has a reputation beyond repute Alycursed has a reputation beyond repute Alycursed's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-02-2010 03:34 PM
    Threads

Of course, the children should be kept under control.
    Unless the parents actually want their kids to make babies at
    that young an age and are willing to help
    care and pay for it. Which isn't likely.
    And yeah, it's ridiculous how many kids in school are pregnant.
    Their parents need to keep a better eye on their kids.
    I don't wanna place ALL the blame on the parents.......
    but yea. Getting pregnant that young seems to just mess up everything.
    D:
    I guess it never occurred to you
    that you might actually have to bleed.

Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alycursed View Post
    Of course, the children should be kept under control.
    Unless the parents actually want their kids to make babies at
    that young an age and are willing to help
    care and pay for it. Which isn't likely.
    And yeah, it's ridiculous how many kids in school are pregnant.
    Their parents need to keep a better eye on their kids.
    I don't wanna place ALL the blame on the parents.......
    but yea. Getting pregnant that young seems to just mess up everything.
    D:
    No, remember, it's perfectly fine and acceptable because African tribes do it!
    Probably via hax.
    Regardless! You won!

Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

What do you think I'm taught in church and school on a daily basis? Stuff that will actually benefit me?!

Lol.
    So wait, you're acknowledging that your position is foolish, ineffective and overly-idealistic? Yet you're still holding it? Explain.

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Saved Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices's Avatar
    Gil
    Bashful
    Gifts Telescope Baka Be Mine
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-21-2014 10:13 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Ages 12-15? No. Ages 16-19? Whatever. At that age your smart enough to know what's right and what's wrong.

Sig by Feferi <3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
    -Mark Twain

Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

So wait, you're acknowledging that your position is foolish, ineffective and overly-idealistic? Yet you're still holding it? Explain.
    I got some friends there. O:
    Probably via hax.
    Regardless! You won!

BANKAI! ♫mëkÅ-chan♫ has a reputation beyond repute ♫mëkÅ-chan♫ has a reputation beyond repute ♫mëkÅ-chan♫ has a reputation beyond repute ♫mëkÅ-chan♫ has a reputation beyond repute ♫mëkÅ-chan♫ has a reputation beyond repute ♫mëkÅ-chan♫ has a reputation beyond repute ♫mëkÅ-chan♫ has a reputation beyond repute ♫mëkÅ-chan♫ has a reputation beyond repute ♫mëkÅ-chan♫ has a reputation beyond repute ♫mëkÅ-chan♫ has a reputation beyond repute ♫mëkÅ-chan♫ has a reputation beyond repute ♫mëkÅ-chan♫'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-10-2011 09:15 AM
    frickin tokyo japan and 5 years in germany
    Threads

Sigh...this topic is definately annoying to me
    Teens don't listen to anyone because they want "satisfaction"
    they want to feel good and unfortunately sex is the "feel good"
    i think the word virginity is completely gone in this generation
    it means nothing to them
    To me it's really both of the girl and guy's fault that she got pregnat
    one..he should had used protection
    two...she should had checked to see if he had protection

and if those steps are taken then he got the wrong type of protection
    gloves isn't a good idea
    neither is "i'll pull out before 'it' happens"
    those don't work especially not the second one

-sigh- I've also seen too many girls neglect their child and too many guys claiming it isn't their's when the baby looks exactly like them when it comes out
    Teens having babies is big no no
    they haven't even finished high school or started college
    the baby may seem "cute" to friends but in reality they know things are going to change

for me i'm the only virgin in a pack of friends and im pretty much unaffected
    it doesn't matter if they pick on me
    most of my friends worry all the time about getting pregnat
    and im thinking
    "DONT HAVE SEX"

rawrrrrr but ofcourse like i said before
    they are not going to listen
    because most of them don't care

but if you ask me...when the population gets too big because of this im definately moving to Iceland ~.~ (insider)
    Noel Fieldling+Julian Barrat= Mighty Boosh Love
    "I"M NOT YOUR BOYFRIEND!!!"
    -Chowder

Closed Thread

Thread Information