AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Unoriginal suggestion post!

Junior Member Vin has a spectacular aura about Vin has a spectacular aura about Vin's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-09-2009 03:08 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Unoriginal suggestion post!

Hey everyone !

This is my first real post after my introduction, and its the main reason i joined this forum. I have been getting into anime over this past year and i watched a couple of series and movies. I'm looking for suggestions on what to watch next. I know there are alot of posts like this one, but i would like suggestions from anime experts according to my tastes , which I'm going to try to explain as best i can.

I'm gonna start with what i saw that marked me in some way , bad or good, i am NOT starting a critic on these animes, its my personal taste thats all. Also i am in no way knowledgeable in this domaine, this is why i am here after all

Full metal alchemist: I loved this series, absolutly loved it, for its story mainly and its characters. I was addicted from the first episode and i couldnt wait to watch the others. I think what really drew me into it was the ever developping storyline and its depth, and also some of the themes felt dark and mature.

Evangelion : loved it for its story.

Rurouni Kenshin : watched all the serie except the last season which seemed like fillers. Liked it alot, except for the fillers, i was not as addicted as i was with FMA, the plot is too linear for me i think, but dont get me wrong i still liked the series alot. I totally loved the OVA though, trust and betrayal, it felt more serious and real to me.

Everything Mr.Miyakazi did, i loved, good themes, good characters, original stories.

Bleach : its still ongoing and it doesnt feel like it will ever end lol. I like this series for its characters, but its not as much my style as FMA, not as addictive for me and im not as much into the storyline.

Yu Yu Hakusho : I started watching these and i never really got into it, i liked it but like i said it did not draw me in the same way other series or movies did.

Akira : i saw the movie and read the manga and i loved both alot. Again for the depth of the story.

Ghost in the shell : saw both movies and loved them, once again for the depth of the characters and the story.

Elfen lied: I like the originality of this one, but i felt the storyline could have had more depth, alot of questions were left unanswered, in a bad way. Still i enjoyed this one just not as much as some others.

Paranoid Agent: totally funky story which i like, but never got into it.

Hellsing : i liked the style and the music, but once again i feel as if the story could have been more developped.

Currently i am watching Inuyasha, i like it, but i am not THAT into it (compared to FMA again), i just hope the storyline develops into something interesting and captivating, I am about at episode 47 if I remember right

I am probly forgetting some, which just means they did not mark me as much.

So, I'm not sure how much help that list was! But I'll try and synthesize what I like. Im looking for something with a good captivating story that will get me addicted. I'm pretty sure i will not like anything like Naruto or DragonballZ, and im pretty sure i will not like the animes focused more on romance. Basically i'm looking for a good deep story and addiction

Hope this helps and i hope you guys can give me some good suggestions or point me in the right direction! I was myself thinking of checking out Death Note since the story seems original. If I wasn't clear on what I am looking for I will be happy to answer any questions!

Bye for now!

ciao ciao

PS: I am initially french speaking so pardon any mistakes or mispellage that i have made you read

Member Chiodo has much to be proud of Chiodo has much to be proud of Chiodo has much to be proud of Chiodo has much to be proud of Chiodo has much to be proud of Chiodo has much to be proud of Chiodo has much to be proud of Chiodo has much to be proud of Chiodo has much to be proud of Chiodo has much to be proud of Chiodo's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-24-2010 06:46 PM
    Threads

Death Note is good, the first half of the episode are just.. epic.

But since you started watching FMA first I think you'll definately love Eureka Seven. You think it's about robots and stuff but that's just a small part of it.
    You'll fall in love with a lot of characters.

And the guys that created FMA did E7.

http://www.myspace.com/ontheroof

check out my songs!

Junior Member kon1000 is infamous around these parts kon1000 is infamous around these parts kon1000 is infamous around these parts kon1000 is infamous around these parts kon1000 is infamous around these parts kon1000 is infamous around these parts kon1000 is infamous around these parts kon1000 is infamous around these parts kon1000 is infamous around these parts kon1000 is infamous around these parts kon1000 is infamous around these parts kon1000's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-01-2009 09:41 AM
    Threads

ya it is but after L dies it gets kinda boring

Junior Member Vin has a spectacular aura about Vin has a spectacular aura about Vin's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Ok thanks i will check it out

Any additional suggestions?

Ciao ciao

Member Chiodo has much to be proud of Chiodo has much to be proud of Chiodo has much to be proud of Chiodo has much to be proud of Chiodo has much to be proud of Chiodo has much to be proud of Chiodo has much to be proud of Chiodo has much to be proud of Chiodo has much to be proud of Chiodo has much to be proud of Chiodo's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-24-2010 06:46 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by kon1000 View Post
    ya it is but after L dies it gets kinda boring
    Do you realise just how much you spoiled for him now?

http://www.myspace.com/ontheroof

check out my songs!

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Ya hehe I tried to ignore that

Senior Member Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2012 04:35 PM
    Threads

Well yeah Death Note is number 1 in my book, but if you like FMA you will probably like Eureka 7, you might wan to also check out .hack//sign (of course it's a suggestion you might not like it).

PS: I'm french too !!! :P

"Life's a game, no one gets out alive"

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I will look into hack//sign thank you

ps: im from quebec

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Give Gunsmith Cats, Night Head Genesis, and Black Jack a peek. They have a dark feel that you might like.

Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pocket Watch Katana Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2019 09:03 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

One general comment, when you watch an anime and feel a lot was left up in the air you can poke around and see if there is an associated manga. Often there is, and they go into much more depth.

Elfien Lied is that way.

I suggest gunslinger girls.

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Thanks for the suggestions, i just finished watching Eureka 7 and i got hooked and i liked it The end might have been a bit too easy but thats 2/50 of the series

Ill look into the others you have suggested thanks again

Ningen Nante _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_ has a reputation beyond repute _Freddie_'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-10-2009 07:33 PM
    Threads

Code Geass.

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-21-2016 07:19 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah View Post
    Code Geass.
    2 seasons of epically made strategy-based anime with mechas.

Fan service included, cheers! >_>;

Code Geass is good entertainment. D8

I'd say Macross Frontier. Personally it's because I'm a mecha freak and I like musical-themed animes in (ultra)modern scenes. I like the [Macross] series just like how I liked Code Geass. It's pretty cool. The OST once received big hits in Japan...like Beck's & I've made them my ringtones. Har, har. =3

If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate.
    =Randomness is my Forte.=
    Procrastination.
    Tentacles.
    (gasp)

【Twitter】
    【Hear My Voice】
    Singer-songwriter / Artist / Cosplayer / Animation Student

Closed Thread

Thread Information