AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Puppy Portrait

AF's resident Crazy Cat Lady Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf's Avatar
    Starving
    Gifts Mario Bowser Shell Mario Bob-omb Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2014 12:38 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CaptainEllipsis Steam ID: CaptainEllipsis Wii Code: 2388 1485 3012 2739

Default Puppy Portrait

Alrighty, have at it. A semi-old digi-painting I did a while back. Never really felt satisfied with it, so yeah. Remember; if you make me cry, that means you're doing it right.

And the Ref so you can get a better idea of what I was going for

Moderator Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Be Mine Alfa Romeo Spider JTS Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2017 03:31 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Re: Puppy Portrait

Okay, at this point you understand a lot on painting basics. You know where to apply colors, and I assume you know not to use straight up blacks, whites, and very pure colors. Which is good. Although I'm not sure how much of the puppy you traced, or otherwise.

Your next objective should be to get more detail out of it (assuming you are going for realism). The key there is using a VERY small brush to get the texture of the fur out instead of the puppy being limited to just masses of color. And by small, I mean something like a 3 PX brush (depending on the size of the painting). Search for tutorials on how you want the fur to look.

The eyes are absolutely gorgeous.

Saved Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices's Avatar
    Gil
    Bashful
    Gifts Telescope Baka Be Mine
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-21-2014 10:13 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Re: Puppy Portrait

Serated already mentioned the big point on fur. I know that's currently your biggest problem, but try to overcome it! I'll stress the detail part as well. The piece has depth, but that's about it. The details it what will really make it pop. Now for the specifics. The part under the dog's nose looks like a shadow in your painting, but it's not. It's actually for the most part the same color as the nose with two shadows on the part where it curves up. Also keep that line going all the way to his mouth from the nose. That area beneath the mourh (the chin I guess?) is flat. If you look at the original, the top part of the chin is the same color as the upper mouth, but then becomes a lighter pink. Also at the top of the head, there needs to be a little more definition between the white fur and the brown fur. The dog's head isn't flat, the brown part is a little more raised than the white part.The brown part around the eye should be a little more fanning, if you know what I mean. In the original, it isn't in a line, there's a darker brown spot toward the top of his eye and a little bit lighter spot toward the bottom. The rest fans out from the eye. Also, toward the dog's left eye there's 4 lashes sticking out that are missing on your piece (there should also be lashes above the right eye just not as visible). Whiskers are also missing from this piece along with the spots next to his mouth. Watch the coloring in some areas as it doesn't match the picture (I would be specific but it doesn't match in a lot of areas). The background is kind of weird. It looks like grass wallpapering tbh. Buuut yeah. The eyes and the upper part of the nose look great!

I have no idea if any of that made sense. Feel free to ask me questions if they don't >_>;

Sig by Feferi <3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
    -Mark Twain

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information