AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Quiting

Junior Member Kenata Kisu has a reputation beyond repute Kenata Kisu has a reputation beyond repute Kenata Kisu has a reputation beyond repute Kenata Kisu has a reputation beyond repute Kenata Kisu has a reputation beyond repute Kenata Kisu has a reputation beyond repute Kenata Kisu has a reputation beyond repute Kenata Kisu has a reputation beyond repute Kenata Kisu has a reputation beyond repute Kenata Kisu has a reputation beyond repute Kenata Kisu has a reputation beyond repute Kenata Kisu's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-07-2010 04:29 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Quiting

well i have no clue if i spelled the title right but what ever.

Well i was wondering, if you've been in a sport (or whatever) for a very long time (let's say 8-9 years) and you start to think that you may wanna try some thing different. But you don't wanna think that all your hard work was for nothing, what should you do?

I thought of this cause my best friend Nikki says that she might quit gymnastics and shes been in it for 8 years. maybe she should or maybe she shouldn't i don't know, i'm just confused... X)
    Just let it go
    and smile

Field Marshal TheDesertFox has a reputation beyond repute TheDesertFox has a reputation beyond repute TheDesertFox has a reputation beyond repute TheDesertFox has a reputation beyond repute TheDesertFox has a reputation beyond repute TheDesertFox has a reputation beyond repute TheDesertFox has a reputation beyond repute TheDesertFox has a reputation beyond repute TheDesertFox has a reputation beyond repute TheDesertFox has a reputation beyond repute TheDesertFox has a reputation beyond repute TheDesertFox's Avatar
    Gil
    Roflol
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-12-2009 08:52 AM
    Threads

If your friend wants to quit and try new things, then more power to them. If they decide that new things aren't right for them then they'll have to keep trying till they find something they like.

Your color is Black. You value power, ambition, and darkness. You love power at any cost, and are a corrupting influence on those around you. At your best, you are resourceful and unashamed. At your worst, you are parasitic and amoral. Your symbol is a skull. Your enemies are white and green

Goddess of Death Pina Colada has a reputation beyond repute Pina Colada has a reputation beyond repute Pina Colada has a reputation beyond repute Pina Colada has a reputation beyond repute Pina Colada has a reputation beyond repute Pina Colada has a reputation beyond repute Pina Colada has a reputation beyond repute Pina Colada has a reputation beyond repute Pina Colada has a reputation beyond repute Pina Colada has a reputation beyond repute Pina Colada has a reputation beyond repute Pina Colada's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2009 12:11 AM
    Threads

I don't know...I was a competitive swimmer for 10 years, and I quit, and I seriously regret it. I miss it tremendously
    **********If you used to Role Play at Amy's Lounge (at sailormercury.com) or Cherry Hill (at sailormars.com) please PM me. I was ~Angel*Queen*Hotaru~ at both places. **********

Field Marshal TheDesertFox has a reputation beyond repute TheDesertFox has a reputation beyond repute TheDesertFox has a reputation beyond repute TheDesertFox has a reputation beyond repute TheDesertFox has a reputation beyond repute TheDesertFox has a reputation beyond repute TheDesertFox has a reputation beyond repute TheDesertFox has a reputation beyond repute TheDesertFox has a reputation beyond repute TheDesertFox has a reputation beyond repute TheDesertFox has a reputation beyond repute TheDesertFox's Avatar
    Gil
    Roflol
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Pina Colada View Post
    I don't know...I was a competitive swimmer for 10 years, and I quit, and I seriously regret it. I miss it tremendously
    But did you ever find something else that you love to do?

Your color is Black. You value power, ambition, and darkness. You love power at any cost, and are a corrupting influence on those around you. At your best, you are resourceful and unashamed. At your worst, you are parasitic and amoral. Your symbol is a skull. Your enemies are white and green

Goddess of Death Pina Colada has a reputation beyond repute Pina Colada has a reputation beyond repute Pina Colada has a reputation beyond repute Pina Colada has a reputation beyond repute Pina Colada has a reputation beyond repute Pina Colada has a reputation beyond repute Pina Colada has a reputation beyond repute Pina Colada has a reputation beyond repute Pina Colada has a reputation beyond repute Pina Colada has a reputation beyond repute Pina Colada has a reputation beyond repute Pina Colada's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2009 12:11 AM
    Threads

No, otherwise I wouldn't have regretted it so much. I tried Theatre and I liked it, but I've realized that Swimming was one of my real passions.
    **********If you used to Role Play at Amy's Lounge (at sailormercury.com) or Cherry Hill (at sailormars.com) please PM me. I was ~Angel*Queen*Hotaru~ at both places. **********

Gil
    Roflol
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Oh I see i guess I wouldn't know, the only thing I'v done is play football for about 13 years but never really felt like doing anything else.

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Ah, I've been through this before.

I ran competitively for 7 years, my team won two state championships, and I was probably top 5% in the state. I stopped running before college so I could work and focus on classes.

I still regret it, yeah, but I don't think it was all for naught. I got a lot of valuable life experience and all that crap, and it's a pretty defining part of who I am.

If your friend feels the time has come when she needs to stop doing gymnastics, be it that she has other things she wants to do or it just isn't that much fun anymore, it's probably best for her to keep with her decision. You can't go deciding your friends' hobbies.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Happier than you Cancre has a reputation beyond repute Cancre has a reputation beyond repute Cancre has a reputation beyond repute Cancre has a reputation beyond repute Cancre has a reputation beyond repute Cancre has a reputation beyond repute Cancre has a reputation beyond repute Cancre has a reputation beyond repute Cancre has a reputation beyond repute Cancre has a reputation beyond repute Cancre has a reputation beyond repute Cancre's Avatar
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-04-2009 09:35 PM
    Threads

I'm starting Violin , And I plan on doing it for the rest of my life .. . and if i ever feel like quitting I'll just listen to all the anime music with violin in it and remember why I started . but when you quit something you've been doing for ages , sign up for something thats practically the same , that way it's kinda new but still different .

Monster hunter Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-09-2009 08:10 PM
    Threads

I was all about the Taekwondo for 9 years, but I quit two years ago for university. I had a great time, but I don't regret it. I was at a point where I had to decide whether or not to make the martial art a life commitment; I achieved my goal of 1st dan black belt and I knew I wasn't able to dedicate myself to get the other eight (nine, possibly).

But yeah, I don't regret it. Life experience, stories to brag with, etc. The hard work put into a hobby isn't for naught; a long-term hobby shapes who you are and how you think, and it gives you knowledge which you may need some day. Also, stories to brag with.

Senior Member Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Present Bomb Aquarius
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2014 05:45 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Well, I was in soccer for many years and had to quit because my father had surgery. I miss it, yes, but after awhile it isn't that bad. I find it's much more fun to just do things casually without being told how/what to do.

ein, zwei, drei, vier bin endlich weg von Dir
    fünf, sechs, sieben, acht Du hast jetzt keine Macht

Senior Member RayCaptain has a reputation beyond repute RayCaptain has a reputation beyond repute RayCaptain has a reputation beyond repute RayCaptain has a reputation beyond repute RayCaptain has a reputation beyond repute RayCaptain has a reputation beyond repute RayCaptain has a reputation beyond repute RayCaptain has a reputation beyond repute RayCaptain has a reputation beyond repute RayCaptain has a reputation beyond repute RayCaptain has a reputation beyond repute RayCaptain's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Gun
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-05-2011 08:20 PM
    Threads

It's almost a lose lose situation...If don't quit you might slowly begin to dislike whatever you're doing. You'll stop practicing some and everytime you try won't be 110%. On the other hand, if you quit and don't like what you tried then it might turn out that you're stuck. I'd suggest think about everything logicaly. Weigh the pros and the cons for each and then decide.
    ~The One and Only~

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Never. I have never quit on anything in my life. I have stopped football though because of bad grades, but I have all A's and B's again so I should start again next year.

Junior Member Kenata Kisu has a reputation beyond repute Kenata Kisu has a reputation beyond repute Kenata Kisu has a reputation beyond repute Kenata Kisu has a reputation beyond repute Kenata Kisu has a reputation beyond repute Kenata Kisu has a reputation beyond repute Kenata Kisu has a reputation beyond repute Kenata Kisu has a reputation beyond repute Kenata Kisu has a reputation beyond repute Kenata Kisu has a reputation beyond repute Kenata Kisu has a reputation beyond repute Kenata Kisu's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-07-2010 04:29 AM
    Threads

I still think that she should stay in it, what if something happens becuase she has so much free time. that would not end very pleasently
    Just let it go
    and smile

Senior Member Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Pink Ribbon Neko Tv Hello Kitty
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-19-2013 07:45 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Sometimes people just lose the passion for things they once loved. If they want to try new things then they should. They can always go beck to what they used to do if they want to.

Bring me back!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by edward10 View Post
    I'm looking for episodes that have hungry girls with growling stomachs
    I lol'd at this

Senior Member Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice| has a reputation beyond repute Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice| has a reputation beyond repute Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice| has a reputation beyond repute Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice| has a reputation beyond repute Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice| has a reputation beyond repute Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice| has a reputation beyond repute Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice| has a reputation beyond repute Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice| has a reputation beyond repute Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice| has a reputation beyond repute Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice| has a reputation beyond repute Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice| has a reputation beyond repute Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice|'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-29-2009 02:19 AM
    Threads

Only sport I ever tried was Tennis. Would have stayed in it, but the coach overworked the new teammates. As in, I almost fainted from over-exhaustion. So I quit.

Never really tried anything else. Not sport-wise anyway. Tried guitar, wasn't really my thing. Drums runs in the family anyway, might try that.

Closed Thread

Thread Information