AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Wallpapering Newbies

Junior Member Selena_Wolf Selena_Wolf's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-28-2003 02:58 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

I could use some help with making a good wallpaper in PSP.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-11-2004 03:49 AM
    Threads

I agree with most of the non-flame posts in this thread. Ive worked with alot of amazingly talented graffik artists and webdesigners in the past year and i have a thing or 2 to add to this thread. kadaan was 100% correct when he stated that extraction is one of the most important processes in any graffiks(i prefer this sp ^^) creation. He did however neglect to mention one thing. Extraction is much easier than running an eraser around the edges of your base image. All version of photoshop since 5.5 have an extraction feature built in which can be accesed by the hotkey cntrl+alt+x. Basically you outline the image sections you want to keep(smart highlighting on well definied areas such as light areas on dark bgs, and toggle the brush size with the [ and ] keys) and fill the inside. This will leave you with a nice base cutout. Then use the history brush and the eraser to touch up the edges. It is much more convienient than doing it all manually and trust me, your mouse hand and eyes will thank you.
    Also, every one of the programs mentioned in this thread are GOOD programs. However, if you feel a little inventive and have some extra time on your hands(and ALOT of ram and cpu power), I would definitely recommend toying around with 3D Studio Max 5. Its an extremely powerful modeling program with a very nifty texture import feature. Its very very pricey at around 2500$ but im sure if you really want it you can find a way. Actually a little factoid about 3dsmax5 is that its used by pixar studios to create most of the movies(disneys toy story among others) they do. A cheaper alternative is BRYCE 3D Studio. Its not as powerful or user friendly as 3DSMax but it definitely can create some amazing things with the right person behind the monitor. Again both of these are for the ADVANCED graphical end user so i dont recommend this to newbies.
    On a sort of sidetrack if your feeling inventive i recommend toying around with Ulead Gif Animator 5. Its a pretty powerful gif based animation suite thats alot of fun to work with and is easy on the cpu cycles, ram, and wallet(about 40&#036. Its very user friendly and doesnt really take to much time to learn. Ive learned its best if you create your base images in *insert image editing program here*(i prefer p'shop) and import them into the suite. Ive attached a small gif that i did as an aim icon just to show a tiny example. If you would like to see more you can IM me via AIM s/n: SCnGPhantasy.
    Good luck in all your graphic endeavors.

-Eye

----------------------------------------------------^CLICK^----------------------------------------------------

Junior Member DeadlySin DeadlySin's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-31-2003 03:32 PM
    Threads

wow, thats really helpful eyerate. im sure it will assist me when um.. i move one to advanced WP's
    btw. im new to these boards, i often just browse through as a guest.
    umm i followed the advice of kadaan and i tried making a wallpaper for Shaman king. and well. here it is :

Senior Member Kelvin Wenas Kelvin Wenas's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-13-2004 08:14 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

we can't say that "this program is the best", or "that program is the best", it depends on yourself, which one do u use most.

even if you have the program which a lot of people said that this is the best program, but you cant use it, or dont know how to use it, it is useless

but even if a lot of people said that that program is bad, but you can use it well, you can use its functions to its maximum

eventhough it depends on the user itself, but you can't expect a "ms paint's picture" to be compared with "adobe, ulead, psp pictures" the gap is too large, but what adobe, ulead, psp can do is almost the same, whatever you use it you can make a good wallpaper, now its only depends on the user's skill.

if you want to advance to a better level, like Eyerate said, try to use 3d studio max, or Maya, or else, I dont know how the others use it, but i only use it to make a background to something that are "mecha-like" "techno-like"

wallpapering in my way is..

1) search for the picture, it is recommended to have picture with high quality, or larger pixels, with full part of it(see the pics below
    ->
    The Pic I found, the hair is cropped, we can try to edit it, and draw by ourself, or just copy from the other part of the image, that can be pasted to recreate the part which is lost, in the example, i draw by myself, but avoid this

2) and so... so... is the same as kadaan
    What is the meaning of life...
    to live? if you live does it mean you exist?

Butterfly of Gadgets gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-03-2009 02:24 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Originally posted by DeadlySin@Dec 31 2003, 03:32 PM
    wow, thats really helpful eyerate. im sure it will assist me when um.. i move one to advanced WP's
    btw. im new to these boards, i often just browse through as a guest.
    umm i followed the advice of kadaan and i tried making a wallpaper for Shaman king. and well. here it is :
    WOW o.O that is verry GOOD, Deadlysin..........but one qustion for u all, is a wallpaper surpose to be by pixles sizes? i allways wonder about that..........the wallpaper needs to fit in the screen..........but ive seen wallpapers that are in different sizes that where called wallpapers...........but do they have to be pixle sizes?

☃ Snowmen! ☃
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-13-2009 08:17 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

gadget, wallpapers do come in a variety of sizes to fit various screen resolution. The most popular right now is 1024x768 (pixels). They are said in pixels so that wallpaper makers can get the right size for the monitor.

Pink is the new Pooky
    Party it up in Wallpapers
    | join the AF Gaia guild!
    "Spilt coffee has a sad remembrance of old"- from a plastic bag seen on the train

musing of a mod : Illuminated Spirits : Theme: uber_pink

Junior Member Keiko_Umi_Chan Keiko_Umi_Chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-28-2004 07:59 PM
    Threads

How do you find a wallpaper for the image you want when you're making a wallpaper? (Sorry if I'm not making sense.......) I mean, you select an image, where or how do you find a background for that image so you can create a wallpaper for it?

Keiko

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

using other image, or create it

☃ Snowmen! ☃
    MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Kelvin is correct! the backgrounds you see in the wallpapers are created. they are usually made with a program like photoshop or paint shop pro. If you are curious about how someone made a background, just ask them! most wallpaper artists (and for sure the ones at this message board&#33 are very friendly and willing to give you a little hint. However, the best way to learn is to experiment.

Pink is the new Pooky
    "Spilt coffee has a sad remembrance of old"- from a plastic bag seen on the train

Serie~Blue Eternity EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-08-2009 09:31 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Yea playing around is fun ^^. Crazy, I was toying around with filters and I figured out how to do a warp effect. Then I saw Wizzards that he posted on AG.net and I was like WHOA I just did that :blink: lol. Just toy around, see how things work out for you ^^

Senior Member wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts PPG Bubbles Aria Neko
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-22-2014 04:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: wizzadoo

That's what I always say. U need to play around, just play and have fun and eventualy something may come up.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

and a few tips or tricks, maybe if you need it

Annihilate everything that get in your way

if you have a picture like this
    http://img1.photobucket.com/albums/0...t/train001.jpg
    and you feel it is disturbing, lets clear it

phase 1, create new empty layer over the picture

phase 2, select lasso tool (either lasso tool or polygonal one or else is ok)

phase 3, re generate the line that lost

phase 4, select the color of the line

phase 5, select the brush tool

phase 6, brush the selected area until you feel the color matched with the original line
    http://img1.photobucket.com/albums/0...t/train007.jpg

phase 7, do that with the other parts

and you are finished, without that annoying object
    http://img1.photobucket.com/albums/0...t/train008.jpg
    now try yourself

Junior Member Keiko_Umi_Chan Keiko_Umi_Chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-28-2004 07:59 PM
    Threads

Awesome! Thank you guys sooo much! Any tips on how to make the background? Like how to make all those designs. Anyways, I appreaciate all the good tips you all gave to me! They were extremely helpful, and to any artists of the wallpapers in anime wallpapers, I must say they rock! I mean it! They're really cool! Again, I thank you!

Junior Member Pfc_Friel Pfc_Friel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2004 02:51 PM
    Threads

Hooah

lot and lots of info
    this will be very very helpful

Senior Member Snipe_EX Snipe_EX's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-19-2005 08:55 PM
    Threads

man

you guys a really arguing while i was gone
    - The New Age Is Coming-
    "When you have the power,
    you're the one making other people cry"
    - Athrun Zara -

☃ Snowmen! ☃
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

no spamming please, snipe. thanks

Pink is the new Pooky

Senior Member Snipe_EX Snipe_EX's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-19-2005 08:55 PM
    Threads

sorry pook

but for the background design

in photoshop i think there are a technique to copy a little bit of the character and make background image out of it but i forgot how

this topic is pinned so i think many people can help with it
    - The New Age Is Coming-
    "When you have the power,
    you're the one making other people cry"
    - Athrun Zara -

Senior Member wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Yeah, and don't forget the tutorials on AG.net KLICK

And if someone is iterested I've uploaded some brushes that I made another KLICK

PS. Any other tutorials on AG.net would be welcomed so feel free to post them!!

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-22-2004 03:08 AM
    Threads

I have a few questions.

1) How does one go about making a picture monochrome, so that they're able to use a different, in-color picture in the foreground?

2) Does ANYBODY, ANYWHERE know how to use Fireworks MX to even half the extent that some of the good people here know how to use PhotoShop?
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:Courier'><span style='color:blue'>&quot;Evil is only what one perceives as against one&#39;s beliefs.&quot;</span></span></span>

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Originally posted by Fortune@Mar 18 2004, 09:45 AM
    2) Does ANYBODY, ANYWHERE know how to use Fireworks MX to even half the extent that some of the good people here know how to use PhotoShop?
    khm, Fireworks, I made a web page once with it. At that time I used version 3.0 :lol:
    But don&#39;t know much about MX version (thought I have instaled it on my comp - with Dreamweaver and Flash )

Silenced By Censorship Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2009 12:04 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

To make a picture monochrome in PSP, just go to the drop menu &#39;Image&#39; and go down to gray scale. Voila, your once colored image is now black and white. Now, if you want to make it semi-colored, then you merely go over to the adjust drop menu and go down to colorize. From there; you just play with it until you&#39;re happy with it.

Adobe Photoshop, same thing really. Go to Image, then grayscale, and it&#39;s black and white. Honestly? I&#39;m still figuring out how to colorize a B&W image in Photoshop. It&#39;s a bit more of a... b*tch than PSP to adjust, so you&#39;ve really just got to play around with it until you are satisfied.
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather... not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

Now this, this I fly with pride.

Senior Member WinterC_16 WinterC_16's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-15-2005 09:53 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

i jus make the image bw then put a color layer over it. but thats the only way i can do that wit my software, photoimpresion 4 from arc soft :P must get new software

people try to control other people because they're shallow among other things

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Hm, another way of monotoning (Photoshop) is: Duplicate the layer you wish to be monotone, colorize the 2nd layer (ctrl+U) and then just set the blendings option at color.

Junior Member ~OhioStar~ ~OhioStar~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-22-2004 03:38 PM
    Threads

:^_^: I have PSP 8. I&#39;m no expert on making wallpapers myself, but I do like to take different pictures and just work with them. I am still learning, but I have fun doing it.

<span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:Optima'>Meet the Team from the STN-J.</span></span></span>

☃ Snowmen! ☃
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

The best way to learn about a program is to test it out and play around with it. You are doing exactly what I would suggest to a photoshop newbie, OhioStar, so kudos to you&#33;

Pink is the new Pooky

Closed Thread

Thread Information