AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Suggestions anyone? Please...

Junior Member MythFreak13 is on a distinguished road MythFreak13's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-20-2009 02:11 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Thumbs up Suggestions anyone? Please...

Hello everyone. I found this place looking for suggestions for animes I should take up next instead of sifting through links and links of anime that is very good (and some not so good), but just doesn't fit my taste. So after hours of sifting I figured why not post what I've finished and enjoyed on an offical anime site and maybe others from here that had the same interests in those shows would be kind enough to offer some suggestions of which ones to try out.

*****I'm new here and have never posted or been to a forum in my life. I posted this in the Introduction section here as well. So if there is another place on here I should post this please let me know because I'm clueless when it comes to forums.*****

Shows I've finished and enjoyed listed from most enjoyed to not enjoyed as much but still a good watch. All of these I watched in Japanese with english subs except when stated otherwise :

1. Death Note (BEST ANIME (or anything to watch for that matter) EVER! I fell in love with L. Not in the creepy fan-girl way but character-wise. I'll never find another to love like L.)
    2. Samurai X (movie)
    3. Devil May Cry (Played the games, had to watch it)
    4. Full Metal Alchemist ( in english)
    5. Blood +
    6. Naruto/Naruto Shippuuden (When they AREN'T killing us with pointless filler)
    7. And some how I got sucked into Vampire Knight/VKGuilty (Which I thought ended horribly for Zero by the way. Yuuki is such a chick, falling for the flashy guy instead of the guy who really loves her...baka...)

As a note, years ago I use to watch DragonBall, DragonBall Z, Lupin the Third, Trigun, Ruroni Kenshin and Inuyasha on Cartoon Network and enjoyed those too. I'll probably go back and try to watch some of those in Japanese with subs (no dubbing and cutting things out. Just anime in pure form. Unless suggested otherwise is better) to hold me off until I can get some ideas of where to go.

Maybe to get a better hold on my tastes it'd be better to list a few games I enjoy and why also. Just want to make sure I'm covering all bases here, haha.

All Tomb Raider: Lara Croft (for the adventure, slight humor, loads of action, plenty of mind boggling puzzles and fierce bosses all played by the one and only Lara Croft, Queen of Gameing in my book)

All Hitman (Seriously...should I have to explain? Killing professionally, stealthfully and with mad skills with a heartless agent is just awesome.)

1-3 Devil May Cry ( I like demons and mythologies. Plus who doesn't love a cocky jerk with an ego big enough to explode an entire circle of Hell that just so happens to be the good guy? I know I do, haha. With usually a good plot and good creatures to defeat it makes for a great hack n' slash that still has a point to it.)

I love mythologies, mysteries, murders, action, adventure, hand to hand, weapons, randomness, tactfulness, puzzles, modern, ancient, laughs but not to the point of stupidity, characters that the viewers can connect with, ones who hold onto you long after the show is over. Any show with even one of these traits I'm willing to check out. I'm just at a loss of what to watch next. Thanks so much in advance. Jaa!

Member vampiress13666 has a reputation beyond repute vampiress13666 has a reputation beyond repute vampiress13666 has a reputation beyond repute vampiress13666 has a reputation beyond repute vampiress13666 has a reputation beyond repute vampiress13666 has a reputation beyond repute vampiress13666 has a reputation beyond repute vampiress13666 has a reputation beyond repute vampiress13666 has a reputation beyond repute vampiress13666 has a reputation beyond repute vampiress13666 has a reputation beyond repute vampiress13666's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-03-2009 09:15 AM
    Threads

i suggest ouran high school host club.
    My Friend, your desire
    Is the bringer of life, the gift of the goddess.
    Legend shall speak of sacrifice at worlds end.
    The wind sails over the water's surface
    Quietly, but surely...

loveless act 3

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by vampiress13666 View Post
    i suggest ouran high school host club.

Thanks for the suggestion. I've already watched the first two eps. Kinda funny. So, so far so good.

Tis not male! drm0ney has a reputation beyond repute drm0ney has a reputation beyond repute drm0ney has a reputation beyond repute drm0ney has a reputation beyond repute drm0ney has a reputation beyond repute drm0ney has a reputation beyond repute drm0ney has a reputation beyond repute drm0ney has a reputation beyond repute drm0ney has a reputation beyond repute drm0ney has a reputation beyond repute drm0ney has a reputation beyond repute drm0ney's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-24-2009 01:26 PM
    I live happily in a house with my family. (6 animals)
    Threads

^.^;; it might be helpful to inform us of what you don't like too, like "i tried to watch (name) and it wasn't any good".

For now i'd say check out...
    Yu Yu Hakusho - you mentioned watching kenshin etc on cartoon network (RIP ;_; ) so you might have seen this one as well. It's so much better unedited
    X/1999 o.O its well the end of the world kind of show. Everyone loves Clamp. >.>;;; well not everyone...
    .Hack//Sign <3 an old fav of mine.
    Evangelion, & check out the movies too cause the ending >.>
    Dragon Half ^.^ look it up if you've got an hour to kill, see if it makes sense to you, it's only two eps.

the maker OD on drugs o.o' oops

I hope at least one of those will be of interest. I'd also like to say
    WELCOME to AF, stay active, post often and PM me if you want a friend or need help! ^.^
    Only fools accept the obvious and go no farther.
    Common sense isn't so common anymore.
    "I'll follow you everywhere you go in my oh-so-inconspicuous bright red car and convince myself you don't notice."
    4// Itchy. Tasty.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Okay, thanks for the suggestions, I'll get back to you on how they work out. As for what I've tried and didn't like it hasn't been much I've tried. Some shows only get good after the first few eps and some just aren't good ever, then some catch your eye at the first title. They're is just so many to choose I didn't know where to start again next. I'm fairly new to it all and only have one person to take advice about shows from when it comes to Anime but our tastes clash on interests sometimes and he's off in the Navy now so I was at a loss. He suggested Death Note and Full Metal, both of which were amazing. However, I've noticed I'm not really into the machines for weapons type anime (sorry, not sure if that has a specific name or not). The only ones like that I watched was Zoids and Big O ages ago, again on Cartoon Network, both of which I enjoyed. So I'm always willing to try. My mind likes what it likes even when it doesn't match my tastes sometimes. So, I'll try any show for a few eps and find out if it suits me. Again, thanks for the suggestions.

Another on Cartoon Net I watched and enjoyed too was Android Kikaider: The Animaton...they're is probably more I watched and just don't remember.

Closed Thread

Thread Information